Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (Reanimator) vs. The Ocean (Reanimator) 2:0

First game he counters and lets me discard stuff and puts an Empyrial Archangel into his grave. I use Tainted Pact to find Body Double, which enters the battlefield as an angel. Gifts Ungiven gives him Life, Squee, Wasteland and Academy. He draws a lot of cards, some of them reanimator-spells. On his side of the battlefield are two Sphinx of the Steel Wind, which my Empyrial cannot handle. I have Vindicate and a reanimator for his Angel of Despair, who kills the other Sphinx. The two Angels, that I stole from his grave finish him off.

Second game he start with first turn Library of Alexandria. I have second round Tarmogoyf and third turn Frantic Search, discard Angel of Despair, Necromancy targeting Angel and can destroy his Library. He reanimates Empyrial Archangel, but I can trade the Angels and Zombify Angel of Despair again to destroy another land, after which he concedes.

Thx for games

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (MBC) vs. Seveneyes (Reanimator) 2:1

I win game 1 due to my lucky T1 Phyrexian Furnace. A Wasteland and a Dustbowl (which he can handle next turn with his Wasteland) later he is somewhat screwed and Hymn to Tourach followed by Mind Twist 3 next turn take away all his options. Nightmare and Negator kill fast.

Game was extremely short. He went first, played T1 Entomb -> Iona, T2 Exhume and I only had a tapped Swamp + Sensei's Divining Top. Since my only solutions to Iona cost 4 (Nev's Disk) or 3, then 5 (Oblivion Stone) I conceed.

Game 3 I go first and my T1 Duress finds his Entomb. He can keep his Duress, which he then plays. This game went very, very long. I have graveyard control almost all the time (Nezumi Graverobber, then Withered Wretch), so he doesn't manage to do much more than play a Psychatog. Since I kept his yard empty all the time the Atog wasn't very threatening. I kept drawing tons of extra cards, first with LoA, then Deserted Temple joined the pack. In the end I had to allow Reanimation, but he "only" had an Angel of Despair which killed my LoA and then my Phyrexian Totem. with 10 Lands + Urborg in play, I find Diabolic Tutor. It seeks me Cabal Coffers. I use Coffers + Temple and produce 19 mana, then I Corrupt him 11 (he was at 13 before and went to 2), then Needlebite Trap him, and he's at -3 and we're done.

Thx for playing.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Sturmgott 5c heartbeat
2:0

Game 1: I went pride + finks and later goyf. he played some mana accel. I countered a allied strategies for 5 and he countered my FoF. He went for gifts - 4 timewarps in chance of topdecking something. But my creatures dealt enough damage to win this one.

Game 2: Again i played a fast critter: doran and then vindicated his only forest. he played timetwister, refilling both our hands, i lay down trygon predator. and again he wasn't fast enough for my creatures.

peeler

Mr Green (5c Survival) 1 vs Peeler (Boros) 2

First game he got to much lifegain (wall of revairance + loxodon heirrach)

Second game again he got he wall and rhox war monk but i got winter orb an paralax wave for the win

Third game again wave made it + he got screwd and i got armageddon

tnx for games

Helle

Helle (Reanimator) 2-0 Payron (Boros)

Some time passed since we've played our match and I forgot to report, so I really can't remember.

marchhare

seveneyes(wbr-aggro/control ???) vs marchhare (5cc) 0-2

G1 the only relevant cards were t4 loxodon hierarch, and t5 elendra archmage; archmage countered mindtwist and 2 planeswalker after recycling, and a doran killed him some rounds later.

G2 an eternal witness killed him (with noble hierarch support)... he was flooded, unfortunately  :-[ .

sorry for the bad luck  ;)

marchhare

derStefan (bgu-control/polymorph-combo) vs marchhare (bg-rea) 0-2

G1 i win after some rounds by destroying all 4 lands on his side with sundering titan and some stuff more.

G2 he polymorphs my forbidden orchard token into iona on black, but i keep on donating him more and more tokens (oath), so that an ancestors choosen recovers me from ionas kicks, and an inkwell leviathan motivates him to concede (together with wasteland + lftl --> down to 3/4 lands.

thanks for the games

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Wb Angel Stax - r4nd0m1z3r RWD

2 - 1

I won the roll but had to mull to six and had just Port and Basilica as my lands. I got Weathered Wayfarer and a stone by turn three, and traded off his Tattermunge Maniac. He still got Zo-Zu and I got 8 to head as I was forced to tap out for three-mana Sol Ring. Yosei bought me two turns, after which I wrathed Zo-Zu and Angel of Despair took care of potentially threatening Valakut (Port was keeping Genju in check). Desolation Angel finished it up.

2nd game I had Baneslayer and goodies but no acceleration. I had to take 6 from Lava Blister and more from his two 2/1 dudes. Top found him just enough burn to finish me off before I could turn Baneslayer sideways.

I started the 3rd one with Factory which managed to kill Tattermunge Maniac and live. He had Genju and I had Port once again. Genju came in once as I played Worn Powerstone and Jens. Randomizer tried Sulfuric Vortex but I had Kor Sanctifiers, and started attacking for damage. Top kept him into the game, finding e.g. Flames of the Blood Hand to counter my Finks until I finally got to lay down Nether Void. He scrolled and hit me with Magus and then showed me Fireblast in hand. I was at five and he was dead.

GGs really!
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Wb Angel Stax - helle Uwb Aggro Control

2 - 1

My 1st turn Luminarch Ascension was met with Force of Will. He was landscrewed though, but managed to get some knight with protection from my deck into play before I started tapping his few lands with Helix. Then I resolved Desolation Angel off Gilded Lotus.

This time Randomizer was stuck in four lands which was more than enough to counter everything I tried. He took two good cards with Esper Charm, too. I beat him down to 4 with Jens and Guardian Idol until he stabilized with some dudes and Sword of Light and Shadow. I drew and cycled DoJ just a turn too late, but it was still close.

Helle was manascrewed once again, and I had Moat, some propagandas and Helix once again. I geddoned when he got Seal of Cleansing, and had Captain of the Watch against his Bitterblossom. I blasted my own Moat with Angel of Despair and there was nothing he could do.

We played many test games afterwards. Finally I could win with something. ;)
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood)     vs     Peeler(Boros)
2:0

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1: Karakas + Aether Vial  --  Isamaru, Hound of Konda
T2: Birds of Paradise         --  Leonin Skyhunter
T3: Wall of Blossoms + Magma Jet(Skyhunter)  --
T4:   Anurid Brushhoper     -- 
T5:Survival o.t.F. +Peeler plays Harm's Way resp I use Karakas for Isamaru -- Path to Exile(Anurid Brushhopper) +  Isamaru
T6: Baneslayer Angel
T7: Reveillark + Peeler plays  Flames of the Blood Hand   ...

Won this Game due to Aether Vial and my opponent was flooded.

Game 2: Peeler is beginning
T1: Goblin Guide  --  Noble Hierarch
T2: Burst Lightning(Hierach) +  Figure of Destiny  --  Eladamri's Call(Doran)
T3: Doran, the Siege Tower  --  Stormfront Pegasus
T4: Earthquake(X=2) + Llanowar Elves  -- 
T5:  Elspeth, Knight-Errant   --  ...

Peeler was flooded, despite he got me down to 6.

Thanks for games.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Helle

Helle (Naya Zoo) - Tabris (CounterBurn)

As I was in a hury after the game, I forgot to take notes so here is my rare memory:

Game 1 I was stuck on two lands, but nevertheless I got much buisness. He stops me with Flametongue Kavu and Control Magic before he resets the board with Firespout. In the end I manage to draw burn to deal the last damage.

Game 2 I start with Vial and try to Screw him with Wasteland next turn. Afterwards he drops Maze of Ith. The game takes long and he draws lots of counterspells thanks to Future Sight + Top before I concede.

Game 3 I manage to get Sword of Fire and Ice through his counters which just wins on its own.

I win 2:1

Good games and thank you for playing!

marchhare

tabris (monoU-control) vs marchhare (5cc) 1-2

Ive forgotten g1 and g2 (about one week ago).

G3 i counter his T2 grim monolith, and play ohran viper the next turn, his control magic 2 turns later gets countered
by mystic snake, what indicates that he doesnt have daze, force or misdirection, so he gets mindtwist after he passes.

With only one card left even his pendrel mists cant calm down the pressure of the 2 serpents + bloody ajani and he
concedes a bit later .

thanks for the games, and happy christmas for all participants  ;)

Helle

Quote from: Helle on 20-12-2009, 09:39:29 PM
Helle (Reanimator) 2-0 Payron (Boros)

Some time passed since we've played our match and I forgot to report, so I really can't remember.

I screwed it up - the game ended 2:0 in Payrons favor. I'm sorry for that, please be so kind and correct it.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Vazdru

Quote from: marchhare on 23-12-2009, 05:09:52 PM

tabris (monoU-control) vs marchhare (5cc) 1-2

and happy christmas for all participants  ;)

Merry Christmas :P btw. this was match no. 100 in the current season.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (Reanimator) vs. Mythrandir (5ColourControl) 2:0

Game 1: My first turn cycle land gets wasted. I play Psychatog and Looter il Kor and beat him a bit. After Animate Dead targeting Inkwell Leviathan and him taking one attack he clears the board with Damnation. Thanks to Volraths Stronghold the Psychatog reenters the game, survives a Flametong Kavu and after eating all my handcards and my grave, he kills him.

Game 2: I have Wild Mongrel and discard Inkwell Leviathan. Dance of the Dead reanimates it, but gets destroyed by Vindicate. Vigor Mortis gets responded by Gifts Ungiven. Wrath of God clears the board and Phyrexian Furnace begins removing my graveyard. Maelstrom Pulse destroys the Furnace. His Kitchen Finks and Venser face a Woodfall Primus, who entered the game spontanous through Entomb and Makeshift Mannequin. He got Maze for the Fattie, but Intuition gets me Life and Wasteland. Life dredges a Genesis, so I can destroy his Maze and reanimate creatures until he is done.

Thx for the games