Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XI

Started by Vazdru, 31-12-2010, 01:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helle

Fenry (UBG Reanimator) 1:2 Helle (5c Zoo)

First Game: He starts fast with Chrome Mox + Merfolk Looter, but t2 Wooly Thoctar isn't slow either. I fail to follow up with Rafiq because of mana issues, so he gets Iona set to white into play. My hand is all white except for Bloodbraid Elf, but I cascade into another white card. So Iona finishes me.

Second Game: This one takes really long and is one of the most exciting and closest games I played quite in a while! I start with Goblin Guide but he fails to reveal a land several times. Bazaar of Bagdad give him the gas he needed and he reanimates Woodfall Primus destroying my Basilisk Collar. I attack him the following turn with Aven Mindcensor, bringing him down to 3 life, holding Ajani Vengeant already in hand but I dont have the 4th mana. I need to play Swords to Plowshares on his Woodfall Primus in response to Recurrning Nightmare. He's got removal for my flier and stalls the ground with Terrestadon, destroying 3 of his own land. We both can't attack for a while so we play draw-go, playing irrelevant spells only. He manages to reanimate Sphinx of the Steel Wind and is about to stabilize when I got Sword of Fire and Ice and Elspeth attacking with a flying, protection from blue creature to win the game on the last turn possible. Great Game!

Third Game: I wasteland a land, keeping him down to only a single one. Tarmogoyf, Putrid Imp and Stevard of Valeron finish the game rather fast. He would have dropped an Oath of Druids the next turn that I probably wouldn't have won against.

We play some more games were at least two more are won by Wasteland. I love this card!

Thanks for the games!

nmlss

Nmlss (RG aggro) 2:0 Mythrandir (5C control)

First Game: He got mana issues after my wasteland in 2nd turn. Then I beat him down.

Second Game: I had Scab-Clan Mauler, Skyshroud Elite, Wild Mongrel and 5 cards in hand. Played Rip-Clan Crasher and attacked him. He had Doran for block and Sensei's Divining Top. Doran blocke Mongrel, i discarded 3 cards to Mongrel to kill Doran and did 8 dmg. He was at 5 life. In his next round, he played Deed. In my round, table was clean and I suspended Rift Bolt. On his turn, he played Necromancy and choosed Doran. In my turn, Rift Bolt resolved to him and I top decked Sudden Shock for his last 5 lifes.

Thanks for the games!

cedzoh

cedzoh 2(WGr Tokens) vs peeler 1(uw control)

g1: this was epic:
i play nest invader, he plays wall of omens. i than play a fecudity (which will help me draw all but around 30 cards out of my deck). he plays an intuition for 3 card draw spells and gets future sight to hand. he evokes mulldrifter and draws 3. i play crop rotation for cradle and play miraris wake. he claers the board with winds of rath. i try to pla ajani goldmane, but he counters it with FoW (discards future sight). he than plays back to basics (i have 2 basics in play). i play nothing, he plays trisk. eot i play scatter the seeds and gain some life with auriok champion. the 3 saprolings hit him for 6. he plays contagion engine. when i try to play elspeth tirel, he counters it. saprolings hit him for 3. he proliferates my team away and hits me for 5 with trisk. i play a cloudgoat ranger and he plays sphinx of jwar isle and maze (which i run into with my pumped ranger). i play spawning pit. he plays academy rector. and instaed of playing marshal coup right away, i attack and he destroys my wake with a tutored seal of cleansing. after combat half my mana is gone... but he went to 5 life. i start drawing wild growth effects and rebuild my mana (back to basics is still there). finally i play sterling grove and search earthcraft. some time after i can resolve martial coup, i also resovle mirror entity. he removes my spawning pit with o-ring. and claers the board again, this time with wrath of god. i draw cards the whole time with fecundity. i try to play sacred mesa (which would have comboed with earthcraft and fertile ground) but he has mana drain. he bounces his engine with venser and kills my team again. i can still play riths charm and tutor for deranged hermit eot. he concedes.

g2: not epic at all:
i play top turn 2, he plays back to basics turn 3. i could not get my earthcraft (which would not have doen anything, cause i had just 3 non-basics) in play and my 2 soldier tokens can`t handle jace 2.0.
i concede when i fateseals away 2 lands in a row.

g3:
top again turn 1 for me. turn 2 spawning pit. he gets azorius guildmage, which beats me for 2. i play wild growth. and turn 4 cloudgoat ranger. turn 5 i play nullmage shepherd. in his 5th turn he plays winds of rath. make 2 spwan tokens eot. he goes to 16 and plays elspeth 1.0 and maze. i play cobra trap eot. next turn i attack with 6 creatures and play the "run" half of hit and run. he takes lethal damage.

ggs

Payron

cedzoh (WGr Tokens) - Payron (4c recrussion)

First game: I had first round Birds and he a mana elve. I casted second round Stoneforge mystic and sword of fire and ice to hand + wasted his savannah. After I untapped I brought eot my swords into play which got instant killed by seed sparks he made some more tokens and had cradel but I could blow a explosives for 0 but he had also play miraris wake which did insane presure with the eldrazi enchanment which gives him tokens in every upkeep. I had venser to do some trades with the tokens. I had some mana issus and as I stabilized with crusible wasteland in grave and fetchland from the top and a suntitan for my explosives to blow his tokens up oer and over and over again, but as I stabilized he drew overrun and killed me with sharkan haste + 7 tokens.

Second game: he had a slow start with 3rd round secrad mesa and produced tokens. I had mana + color screw but drew a green source for fauna shaman which found my keterekt leviathan  which comboed with my necromany which gave me the needed time to set up my mana base and get the advantage .. his hand had only 4cc+ spells so it was not rly a way winning 4 him.

third game: I had first round exploration which gave me a round 2 obsidian balot.  He had broodhatch nantuko which gave him insane number of tokens becasue I wanted to break through with my baloth because i had round 3 tarmo and tutor(for gifts) he ahd 6 tokens now and crop rotation 4 gradle after that he had catter the seeds + spawning pit and squirl nest. I could handle the token army with explosives. He still had the pit but afte rgifts and some turns the game went in my favor

nic games!

1:2

The_Ocean

The_Ocean(Reanimator) vs Mercator(4cc)

G1: I'm mana screw, but have a good reanimate target, he has force spike, also had wasteland and Treetop Village and Mishras Factory kill me.

G2: I reanimate Iona, and Empyrial Archangel, he had some elephant tokens from Call of the Heard, but the flyers whent all the way.

G3: He mulls to 6 and is mana screw, I reanimate Angel of Despair destroying his W/U M11 dual, then later I reanimate another fatie, and that was the game.

I win 2-1
ggs

Vazdru

Quote from: The_Ocean on 14-01-2011, 10:34:02 PM

The_Ocean(Reanimator) vs Mercator(4cc)

G1: I'm mana screw, but have a good reanimate target, he has force spike, also had wasteland and Treetop Village and Mishras Factory kill me.

G2: I reanimate Iona, and Empyrial Archangel, he had some elephant tokens from Call of the Heard, but the flyers whent all the way.

G3: He mulls to 6 and is mana screw, I reanimate Angel of Despair destroying his W/U M11 dual, then later I reanimate another fatie, and that was the game.

I win 2-1
ggs

8 matches in 1 1/2 weaks  ??? :o Ok I won't criticize it although it's a breach of the rules  :P

New rules effective for Season XI

> Season XI lasts from Jan, 1st to Mar 31st

> Season XI will have three stages:

Stage 1 (January)
Participants will be split up in two groups based on [HLL]Ladder (Group 1 upper half, Group 2 lower half rather new players)
Groupmembers are free to play vs eachother once, there won’t be any specified pairings.
Participants have to play min. 2 and max. 7 matches in stage 1
Participants who do not reach the minimum of 2 matches will be excluded as inactive members.

But don't worry - match-result will be counted for stage 2 or 3. It's good to have active participants like you so I won't dispraise ya for breaking the rules  ;D
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

The_Ocean

lol, I din't reallise there was a max aloud of matches within a group. I wasn't doing all that good, so I wanted to play as much as posible, try to make my record better. I just really like highlander and this seems to be the only place to play online.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Aluren vs. Tabris Pattern-Rector (Turbosynergy in Finland)

2 - 0

We both played some mana elves and I got 3rd turn NO-Progenitus. Tabris was slightly worse with only Eldrazi Conscription on the following turn. Unforunately he could not attack as I got 11 power on defence, and giant hydras > all.

I had nuts with Worldly Tutoe and Demonic, latter of which was taken away by Sculler. I responded with Mesmeric Fiend taking irrelevant card, thinking my Autumn's Veil would save my creature from Swords (info: it would not). Tabris added Rector from his side, I had drawn Recruiter and fetched Pridemage. Tabris made up my mistake of not taking Swords by tapping out, and I killed Sculler, topdecked 6th mana, tutored Aluren and went off. Nice deck.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Tabris

Tabris (Pattern-Rector) 2 vs 1 Peeler (UW-Control)

1st Game: He got me with a stolen tarmogoyf, and I was manascrewed nothing ineresting to post.

2nd Game: He starts with Relic of Progenitus and I was like...gg. But I drew quasali pridemage and was hoping to get his relic. Unfortuneatly he got a spell snare
for the pridemage so I was just sitting there with a carrion feeder and beat him for one each turn. Hes nearly tapping out and have only 2 colorless mana and I was eager to resolve my natural order which would eat my noble hierarch. My plan was to get Progenitus and simply beat him down with it bc the Relic was still in play as an answer for my whole combo (at this point I could also search for protean hulk but..wouldnt help since he got 2 mana for his relic). So sadly I didnt found any progenitus and since I´ve load a old build w/o any terastodon or progenitus I simply got my protean hulk and hoping to get there.
The Turn after hes tapping out to cast a Wurmcoil Engine and I was like...ok sweet I´ve got an Archon of Justice in my hand and also a sac-outlet on the table.

In my turn I cast the Archon and was rdy to remove his Wurmcoil but he got a pact of negation...in this instant I looked on his board and saw no open mana for the relic so I asked him gg ? and he was like...???. Well since he didnt know that the whole combo was already on the table (protean hulk + sac outlet) he simply screwed this up. So I killed him with classy Kokusho-abuse ! :D

3rd Game: I got a fast start with Bird, Sculler which stole his Aven Mindcensor. I´ve had also an Wall of Root which let me resolve a Natural Order T4 and got my protean hulk (had also luckely drawn a one drop sac outlet) since he was tapped out for an academy rector I was going to end the game on turn 4.

ggs

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Aluren vs. Cedzoh GW Tokens

2 - 1

I started with many accelerators and was able to play Intuition at the end of my third turn. I got NO-Progenitus but he had gained some life from Auriok Champion and was able to race it.

I got Bird, Cobra, Diabolic Intent, Insidious Dreams and lands second game - pretty insane. I fetched Aluren with Intent but was stuck in three mana two for turns after his Wasteland. He had no pressure, so after drawing land I was able to tutor and draw both Recruiter and backup and go off turn before he could get me.

3rd game, I had acceleration and Lim-Dûl's Vault which showed me two tutors. I just went off before he could.

~Fenry~

Fenry (UBg Reanimator) vs. Cedzoh (GWr Tokens) 2:1

1. Game:
I reanimated Inkwell Leviathan in my third turn but this wasn't fast enought. He raced me with some tokens supported by Mirari's Wake and Eldrazi Monument.

2. Game:
I played a second turn Oath of Druids which gave me a Grave Titan one turn late. Not the best creature with oath. I played Sylvan Scrying and searched a Wasteland to destroy one of his lands. One Turn later I Krosan Gripped my own Oath to stop him from using it against me^^. Luckly the Grave Titan + Tokens were faster than his token army. After the game he told me that he could have raced me, if I didn't wasted his land.

3. Game:
I got Oath + Phantom Nishoba + some good cards in hand. He got Weathered Wayfarer + Sarkhan 1.0 + some good cards in hand. Sadly, the game crashed and we decided to make a rematch.

4. Game:
I reanimated Iona(green) and Wurmcoil Engine on my third turn with support from Noble Hierarch. He blocked my Wurmcoil Engine with Broodhatch Nantuko and got many tokens. Now It was criticaly because I was on low hp and he could raced me with his many tokens. I played Intuition for Engineered Explosives/Mealstrompulse/Regrowth. He gave me Regrowth and one turn later I played it to get Engineered Explosives for his tokens. After that he conceded.

GG's

We played the 4th's game on cockatrice. This programm looks good but I'm not sure if it is better than MWS.
Can someone tell me how I could switch the control of a parmanent with another player on cockatrice?

Vazdru

Verik (BR-Aggro) - Vazdru (WW)

1: He had to mulligan down to 6 cards on the draw. I started with T1 Aether Vial, T2 Azorius Guildmage + Student of Wayfare. Hand of Cruelty on his side blasted my beat-down-plan away. We both put some cheap critter on the board - Tattermunge Maniac, Inkfathom Infiltrator faced Savannah Lions + Aven Riftwatcher. Fortunatly i topdecked Stoneforge Mystic. When I played Mystic I had to choose between the Swords and took Light & Shadow. Stoneforge Mystic died somehow and I was able to deal damage with equipped critter for lifeswing + recast Stoneforge and he conceded.

2: I had Aether Vial T1 again. Ghitu Encampement + Oona's Prowler on his side. He shoot my Kor Aeronaut and when i played Knight of white orchyard he used his fetchland to reduce his total landcount :). Harm's Way killed Oona's Prowler and left him with nothing but Sword of Body and Mind. I had Soltari Trooper + Sword of Fire and Ice - so he couldn't replay a critter but had to smite my sword first which gave me advantage in the damage race. Soon after i had a eot Ranger of Eos for Figure + Goldmeadow Harrier. Altough he could have attacked with Sword of Body and Mind once my forces just were overwhelming.

Thanks for the ggs.

0:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

derStefan82

derStefan82 (like MBC) vs Mythandir (5C Control) 2:0

1. game I had Inquisition of Kozilek for Doran and Top, he had some Mana Stones.
I could do Mindshatter for 3 cards which I think was very helpfull. He had Phyrexian Furnance
for screwing my grave, I had Phyrexian Arena for card advantage. His Etched Oracle was killed
by my Magus of the Coffers. I could beat him a little until he got Swords. In the end after
many turns I could use Deed for sweeping his Talismans and Suffer the Past for lethal damage
as I had huge ramp with Nirkana.

2. game first 3 rounds nothing on both side, in turn 3 I Beseeched the Queen for Cabal Coffers and
die Mindshatter 2 next round. I could handle his Pridemage with Consume the Meek and his Garruk
with Corrupt. As I had some non-basics I tutored for Urborg and had plenty of mana with Coffers.
I had Liliana for Tutor he had to respond with Seek to get rid of my tutortarget. I had Grave Titan
and Wasteland - Bowl for his 2 blue mana sources, screwed him to 3 mana without blue both nonbasic
with Liliana, Titan and Bowl on my side, so he conceeded.

Thanks for games.

Geth29

Geth29 (Oath Staxx) vs Verik (BR Aggro)

1st Game: 2nd turn demonic tutor for oath. 3rd turn oath and the following turn Emrakul (so much milling and only 14 cards left in the library as i finally revealed him) with bitterblossom blockers was enough to finish him off.

2nd Game: 1st turn Top (he plays Carnophage). Second turn Mox diamond, land and tangle wire to prevent the early pressure (he plays bitter blossom). I could play a collective restraint (4 colors) followed by an winter orb. Bitterblossom + carnophage brought him down to 13 at this time. He plays blightning (i was at 13) and i discarded faith's fetters and nether void. He plays ashenmoore gouger and he only was on 4 lands (collective count was 5). I show him armaggedon from my hand and he concedes.

2:0

gg's
"No rest. No mercy. No matter what"

Nastaboi

Quote from: Geth29 on 24-01-2011, 01:09:28 AM
I could play a collective restraint (4 colors)
I show him armaggedon from my hand and he concedes.

I would've liked it better if you'd played that Armageddon and he would still have conceeded, as Restrains would have no longer prevented him from attacking. But nice bluff if you had no duals to follow after Geddon.