Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IX

Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldcrow

coldcrow (mbc+green) 2 : 0 derStefan (oath)

Game 1: Kind of epic. I keep a crappy hand of mana,maze,mutilate,damnation. In turn 2 he idyllic tutors for oath powered by ancient tomb, yet I draw thoughtseize, nab the oath and see Emrakul + Progenitus on his hand.
Then he has basically nothing for some turn while I play a Graverobber, a Ph. Totem and flip the Robber. He puts a defense with Call of the Herd, I attempt to play Deed and it gets countered by mana tithe.
Overconfident as usual I try to win on the spot by life draining the token and nearly lose the game there, because he has a freaking MANA DRAIN + crop rotation for city of traitors. But Stefan doesn't draw the needed land for hardcasting Emrakul! Phew!
But the near misses won't stop. I get down Drana yet he manages an Empyrial Archangel. Now isntead of clearing the way with inqusition of kozilek I use Drana and promptly run into STIFLE.
HE follows up with a Jace, bouncing Drana... I clear the board with damnation and play goyf. Jace brainstorms, finds intuition and i give Stefan a sweeper.
I draw coffers, and get down Drana again + Totem rolling over jace and a mutavault. GG.

Game 2:

Again he has an epxlosive start with a mox of the diamond variety + sylvan scrying fpr khalni garden. I am holding a decent hand with tutor, sinkhole,bowl,? and some mana. So I think after destroying one of his lands that he can't get polymorph or Natural order down. Wrong, of course, Ancient tomb makes natural order for Progenitus possible.
Now I play very risky in playing mindstone and then tutor for innocent blood, giving him a turn (very bad misplay).
It has no bad consequences though, since Stefan doesn't draw a counter.
And again he is out of gas (except countering Mind Sludge with force spike) and I proceed to beat him down with goyf and later a Nantuko Shade for exactly lethal damage.

Good games.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(McFlurry with Smarties(normal name"Alara"))    --  Coldcrow (MBC + G)  
2:1

Game1:GoblinPiledriver is beginning(I rolled 2, Coldcrow 1)
T1:Birds of Paradise     --
T2:Matca Rioters          -- Sinkhole(Underground Sea)
T3:                                   -- Chainer's Edict(Rioters) + Duress(Maelstrom Pulse)
T4:                                   -- Nantuko Shade
T5: Flametongue Kavu(Shade)  --  Coalition Relic
T6: Mother of Runes       -- Sorin Markov
T7:                                    -- Tombstalker
T8: Swords to Plowshares(Tombstalker) + Treetop Village  -- Withered Wretch
T9: Genesis                      --
T10:                                   --  ...

My Matca Rioters became very early 2/2, after it I couldn't do much thanks to Coldcrow's disruption. Coldcrow lay down Sorin Markov, which kills my Mother of Runes and FTK. Finally his Withered Wretch kills Genesis. Meanwhile Sorin Markov destroyed even my last hopes for victory.

Game2: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1:
T2:                                      -- Mind Stone
T3: Kitchen Finks             -- Beseech the Queen(Call of the Herd)
T4: Bloodbraid Elf(Mortify) --  Call of the Herd + Demonic Tutor
T5: Genesis                        --  Consuming Vapors(Finks) + Crop Rotation(Maze)
T6: Jund Hackblade + Magma Jet  -- Consuming Vapors (Genesis) + Phyrexian Totem + Tarmogoyf(get Sword to Plowshares)
T7: Bloodbraid Elf(Rancor)  --  Drain Life (Jund Hackblade) + Night's Whisper
T8: ...

Coldcrow has early two Tutors, I build up my army with Kitchen Finks Bloodbraid Elf and Genesis. Coldcrow answered with Consuming Vapors and Crop Rotation. I finally won with help from Genesis and my haste creatures.

Game3: Coldcrow is beginning
T1: Duress(Ajani Vengeant)
T2: Expedition Map             --  Esper Stormblade
T3: Map to Verdant Catacomb  --  Bant Sureblade + Noble Hierarch
T4: Demonic Tutor(Damnation)  -- Bitterblossom
T5: Damnation                       --  Tarmogoyf
T6: Nature's Claim(Bitterblossom) + Gatekeeper of Malakir(Faery)  --  Mortify(Gatekeeper)
T7: Nantuko Shade                -- Tangle Wire   ...

My two Blades fall down to Damnation, even Bitterblosom got shot down. Then my 7/8 Tarmogoyf won for me.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Tabris

Tabris (UG-AggroControl) 2 vs 0 Teko (Elves Gw)

1st Game: He got some beatdown with Sentinel Turn 1 and a Vanquisher, but I ve got Finks + Maze. After some shenanigans with his insect I was able
to blow it of with explosives. After that I play Lu Xun, which beats him for 4 each turn thanks to Crafted Wargear. After some rounds he is able to build some pressure with the morph elve and Ranger of Eos, holding a removal for my shackles, control magic (war caller), and wargear but he wasnt able to use it bc of I could steal one of them so he had to decide to blow of the Wargear (which threatens the kill with Lu Xun) or control magic (which holds his warcaller with 4 counter). So after stealing his enchantment removal guy he blow of the shackles which got his artifact removal guy. Pumping his guys with the morph elve get me for 16 dmg and died after Lu Xun attacked him.

2nd Game: I ve got no pressure only islands and a mox diamond. He was able to cast a aether vial, and get 4 one drops on the table. He beat me to 10 but then ive got treachery, control magic, stifle (again for his disenchant guy) but was drawing also EE which cleared his whole board. after that he got flooded (same as me) but I ve got the sower + random elve for the win.

gg´s

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Ugb-Landfall)    vs    Buddaq(UR-Counterburn)

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:                               --  Pyrite Spellbomb
T2:
T3:  Kitchen Finks     --
T4: Arbor Elf ( got a cycled Slice and Dice)  --  Faerie Harbinger(get Mana Leak)
T5:                               -- Grim Lavamancer
T6: Fact or Fiction(got 4 cards not Intuition)
T7: Man-o'-War + Grazing Gladehart  -- Gifts Ungiven(Jace2.0,LoA,Scroll Rack,Fact or Fiction)(getFoF,S.Rack) + Scroll Rack
T8: Wickerbough Elder + Nature's Lore + Duress(Misdirection)  -- Bribery(Rampaging Baloth) + Grim Lavamancer
T9: suspending Ancestral Vision + Shriekmaw(R.Baloth)  --  Control Magic(Wickerbough Elder)
T10: Maelstrom Pulse(Control Magic)   --  Trinket Mage(Top)  + Sensei's Divining Top
T11:                              --  Calcite Snapper
T12:                              -- Fact or Fiction( Back to Basics, Counterbalance, Maze of Ith,Steam Vents,Teferi)(get Maze, B2B, Land)
T13: Ancestral Vison get Remand  + suspending Ancestral Vision + Noble Hierach  --
T14:  Demonic Tutor(get Dismiss)   --    Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
T15: Trinket Mage(Top) + Top(get Spellstutter Sprite)
T16:                                                          --   Flame Slash(Noble Hierach)

I lost Kitchen Finks, Arbor Elf and Man-O'-War. After this I got no offensive and Buddaq played Gifts Ungfiven into Fact or Fiction. Finally I had 30 life, but no cards in hand against his control engine.  So I lost against his Calcite Snapper, Teferi and Spellstuter Sprite after an eternity.

Game2: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1: Duress(Misdirection)             -- Pyrite Spellbomb
T2: Sensei's Divining Top            --
T3:  Looter il-Kor                           --
T4: Trinket Mage(EE)             --   Burst Lightning(Mage)
T5:                                               --
T6: Genesis                      --  Expedition Map
T8:                                      -- Maze of Ith
T9: Rampaging Baloths(get Arcane Denial)  --
T10:  Wickerbough Elder         --
T11:                                       --   Library of Alexandria + Incinerate(Elder) + Volcanic Fallout
T12:  Life from the Loam(Fetchland,Cycleland) + Life from the Loam  -- Gifts Ungiven(Trinket Mage, Treachery, Isochron Szepter,Jace2.0)(get Mage,Szepter)
T13:  Shadowmage Infiltrator + Life from the Loam  --  Vedalken Shackles
T14: Primal Command(Shackles on top  + get Eternal Witness)(get Deprive(get Cryptic Command)) +  Life from the Loam(Wasteland)  --  Vedalken Shackles + Trinket Mage(Relic) Relic of Progenitus
T15:  Enginered Explosives(3)    ...

After trading card for card I had more lands then Buddaq. After this I could make some damages and finally I played Primal Command and he tapped himself out, while I still had Enginered Explosives in hand for the final sting.

Game3:Buddaq is beginning(takes Mulligan)
T1:                                          -- cycling Land
T2     Relic of Progenitus     --  Life from the Loam(cycleLand)
T3:                                          --  Volrath's Stronghold
T4: Chrome Mox(get Condescend) + Grim Lavamancer + Garruk Wildspeaker + Man-o'-War(Mancer)
T5: Grim Lavamancer           --
T6:                                           --  Birds of Paradise + Recurring  Nightmare
T7:                                           --
T8:                                           --  
T9:                                           --   ...

Buddaq was screwed. At the time he drawed enough lands it was too late. My Garruk had killed him meanwhile.

I thought as I read Counterburn, that the deck consinsts of burn for killing and counter as defense. I didn't expect a control matchup where Buddaq shots down all my creatures with Burn and controling me.

Game 1 durrated 35 minutes, Game 2 durrated 39 minutes and Game 3 14 minutes. Means an epic game of 88 minutes.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(5c-Oath-Staxx)    vs   Pennywise(GW-Elves)

Game1: Pennywise is beginning
T1: Skyshroud Elite               --   Mishra's Workshop + Fellwar Stone + Selesnya Signet
T2: Llanowar Elves               --   Sensei's Divining Top
T3: Imperious Perfect           -- Collective Restraint
T4: Oblivion Ring(Restraint) -- Ajani Vengeant(Perfect)
T5: Mishra's Factory + Wilt-Leaf Liege  --  Burning of Xinye
T6: Wasteland(Taiga)          -- Boros Signet
T7:
T8:                                         --  Gideon Jura
T9: Lightning Greaves        -- Tangle Wire
T10:                                      -- Tezzeret the Seeker
T11                                       --   ...

I destroyed his whole board with Burning of Xinyue. After this I played Gideon Jura and Tezzereta and won.

Game2: Pennywise is beginning
T1:  Elves of Deep              --       Library of Alexandria
T2: Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary  --  Simic Signet
T3: Mutavault + Elvish Archdruid +  Imperious Perfect  -- Prismatic Lens + Selesnya Signet
T4: Elvish Champion         --  ...

Pennywise layed down a huge offensive.  I forgot to play Darksteel Ignot, instead I used LoA and played 2 Mana Stones. So I don't had red mana for Wildfire(would have been on 1 life, but with permanents on board). So I lost.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:                                       -- Boreal Druid
T2:  Prismatic Lens          -- Gaea's Cradle + Wellwisher + Rhys the Redeemed + Quirion Ranger
T3:  Wrath of God             -- Birchlore Rangers
T4:  Gifts Ungiven(Oath,Regrowth,Chandra Nalaar,Ajani Vengeant)(got Oath, Regrowth)  -- Oblivion Ring(Lens)
T5: Thran Dynamo + Tangle Wire   --  
T6: Oath of Druids
T7: oathing into Empyrial Archangel  +  Obelisk of Alara
T8:  Regrowth (Chandra) + Chandra Nalaar  --  
T9:  Boros Signet      --     ...

I destroyed 4 creatures with Wrath and made his Gaea's Cradle useless. After this I played Gifts Ungiven for Regrwoth,Oath, 2 planeswalkers. So I won with Oath into Empyrial Archangel.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. -jFk- WW

2 - 0

Both games went T1 Peat Bog, T2 transmute Eureka, T3 Eureka. He got more creatures than me second time, and I Intuitioned for some lands to play one more. I opted to play Confiscate to his second plains instead some beater to keep him casting Unmake he flashed before. Bigger indestructible creatures won in the end of the day.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Nastaboi (UR-Wildfire-Swans) - Vazdru (UW-Control)

1st: I started. He had first play with Signet, I had Jace I on turn 2 enabled by Mox Diamond. Jace gave me 2 extra-cards till Nastaboi killed it by EE. Fortunately I've had miscalculation for his Crucible and Fact of Fiction which got answered by Nastaboi's hc FoW answered by my own FoW removing Control Magic (rubbish card against Swans Wildfire obv  ::)).

FoF revealed Baneslayer, Brainstorm, Signet and 2 Lands. I took Signet, Land + brainstorm over Baneslayer + Land (maybe wrong decision). A turn later i dropped Mulldrifter and Land Tax, he had Flametongue Kavu for Drifter. When i dropped Reveillark we both started damage race which ended in my favour - he was flooded and I've had already some nice card advantage.

2nd: An epic game which ended by Jace + Futuresight + Top + Multi-Counterbackup on Nastabois side.

3rd: My first 7 were 1 land, Mox Diamond + 5 nice spells, but I wanted to have a turbo-start so i decided to take 5 new ones - every spell i've had in hand obv. In the end i've had 4 lands + mox + Ancestral Visions + Lone Missionary. I started with T1 Visions + Mox + Land, T2 Missionary. He had T1 Visions as well. T2 he bounced my mox but i still was able to drop Mox + Land + Simulacrum T3 and had no cards left in hand. He missed land drop T3 and unfortunately had no Counterspell for AV which gives me the necessary Counter for his one. So i dropped another critter and put him down fast enough. Bad luck for him he missed 2 land drops and then got a CIP-land.

Thx for the games!

1:2  
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

marchhare

jfk (ww) vs marchhare (5cc) 0-2

G1 hes screwed on 1 land and an aether vial, i can race him with some random guys and V2-ajani plus eternal witness to reaload him and he concedes.

G2 has more tension:

he starts with a goldmeadow tapper and pro red soltari (gets swords), then i play qasali pridemage, kitchen finks,  and baneslayer angel, all get sword, path and oblivion ring  ;D, while he keeps on attacking with his tapper and jotun grunt and tapping my lands away with rishadan port, if able.
during my sixth turn i play demonic tutor for ----> hide/seek  :P, he attacks with both and i remove the o-ring and block the tapper with baneslayer, during the next turns he plays some creatures and tries to find a solution, and finally does: unmake, when hes at 6 life. i play my own grunt, he stays defensive with eight and a half tails and cursed scroll (tapped out), i draw, attack --> 2 life then play the drawn intuition and get lightning bolt, arc lightning and V2-ajani with 3 nonred lands, but 2 red lands in hand as the last cards and the bolt kills him.

sry for the unlucky first game  ::)
thanks for the games  ;)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. TeKo Elves!

2 - 0

This one was brutal. I had T3 Eureka in both games, first time revealing Progenitus, Hellkite and black bringer, 2nd time 20 hasty power and more. TeKo had 2nd turn Crop Rotation though and I feared he'd get Wasteland, but was relieved as he got just Cradle to accelerate into an elf lord. The whole match lasted less than ten minutes.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

marchhare

mythrandir (5cc, with mana artifacts) vs marchhare (5cc, with cc1/2 creatures instead) 0-2

G1 i start and accelerate with birds into t2 trygon predator, then play eladamris call (instead of garruk + call) into elendra archmage (my favorite highlander card ever  ;)) eot, to be able to counter during his turn with the counterspell in hand, he taps out for something, then i play archmage and with an untapped bird, he ftk-s it, next turn i play garruk with a token to block the kavu (2 mana open for counterspell) and archmages protects garruk from vindicate, next turn i play baneslayer (with shriekmaw in hand, if he plays sower of tempt. or something), still with counterspell mana open, from that point on he actually cant to anyhting, cause i have more threats and protection than he can have solutions, he dies some turns later (we traded cards for counterspells till he had no appropriate cards options left).

G2 he starts with no t1 action (again), i play weathered wayfarer, which gets wasteland and then library until he starts attacking. the game becomes kind of a race after i use wasteland and then tap library while he cycles eternal dragon and reanimates it with necromancy (me: 6/6 knight of ..), he: beats me and plays mana artifact, me: V2-ajani --> mana leak. he:attack, mana artifact + later impulse, me: boneshredder + library draw (wayfarer is attacking meanwhile). he: damnation, me: reanimate on knight (get on 4 life), from now on i just wait till he runs out of solutions, cause i have stonecloaker and mana drain to answer his actions. he plays fire/ice, next turn jace (bounce ), i try to target the knight in response with stonecloaker, but he hast pact of negation  :o.

next turn jace gets fiery justice  :P and i replay the idolized knight with 2 mana left for mana drain.
mythrandir pays for the pact and plays venser with 1 card left and totally tapped out so mana drain decides the game.

thanks for the nice mirror  ;)

TeKo

QuoteNastaboi Hypergenesis vs. TeKo Elves!

2 - 0

This one was brutal. I had T3 Eureka in both games, first time revealing Progenitus, Hellkite and black bringer, 2nd time 20 hasty power and more. TeKo had 2nd turn Crop Rotation though and I feared he'd get Wasteland, but was relieved as he got just Cradle to accelerate into an elf lord. The whole match lasted less than ten minutes.

[X] Ban that Deck ;)

marchhare

lol  ;D i would be glad, but i think it enables more controlish decks (even monocolour or landdestruction) and reduces the amount of pure aggro --> balances the meta a bit and diversifies it.
but if most players dont know the deck till the grand prix, it could potentially be this years cephalid breakfast  :P
so please watch out  ;) i personally also dislike it, although its a great (finish  ??? ) creation.

marchhare

Payron

Teko (Elves!) - Payron (5c aggro control)

First game: I had a slow start but had some card advantage to take the game home ... he had some elves and kamahal with enought mana to active right away .. but I could "counter" him with venser ... afte rthat i could get lightning bolt with intution on LB path and StP ... I could win in the end because I vounced my shriekmaw with Jace 2 and played it with Aether vial

Second Game: was the first game today after 3 games total .. sry don t know anything

0:2

pyyhttu (RB Gobbos) - Payron (5c aggro control)

First game: I had an early troll ascetic with rancor and swords of fire and Ice not much more to say :-/

Second game: He had first turn Lackey ... and me Maze ... but I didn thad anything else because he had his Gobbos and Goblin King and i had 2 more mountains and no effective creature or removel ..

Third game:I startet with nmother and he did with Goblin Guide ... I had after a warren instigator unblockable though golin King a sweeper - Fire Sprout. after that the game was mine with 2 counters and a big knight

1:2

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver (McFlurries(Alara)-aggro)       vs       Tabris(UG)
2:0

Game1: Tabris is beginning
T1:
T2:                                    --  Lotus Cobra
T3:                                    --  Jund Hackblade + Magma Jet      
T4:                                   --  Watchwolf(get Counterspell)
T5: Wall of Roots           --  Tribal Flames(get Remand) + Demonic Tutor
T6: Kodama's Reach + Rancor(Wall)  --  Winter Orb + Fyndhorn Elves
T7:                                   --
T8: Threads of Disloyalty(Jund Hackblade)  --  Bloodbraid Elf cascading into Eldamris Call(Bird of Paradise)
T9:                                    --  Birds of Paradise
T10:                                  -- Tribal Flames(Wall) +  Elspeth, Knight-Errant  + Tabris plays Into the Roil(Winter Orb)
T11: Serendib Efreet + Regrowth(Counterspell)  --  Woolly Thoctar + Goblin Guide
T12:  Compulsive Research + Rancor(Serendib E.)  --  Man-o'-War(Serendib E.) + Tabris plays Cryptic Command(Tap + Bounce Elspeth) + Winter Orb
T13: ...

Tabris misses Land Drop 2 and 4. To this time I had serius problems withLands and Creatures. Then he plays Wall of Roots and Kodama's Reach solving his mana problems while I found the right Lands and played Fyndhorn Elves and Winter Orb.I played Creatures including Birds of Paradise, he bounced Winter Orb then he played Serendib Efreet. .At the end I finished with Elspeth and Woolly Thoctar.

Game2: Tabris is beginnig
T1:                                --   AEther Vial
T2:                                --  Llanowar Elves + Noble Hierarch
T3: Call of the Herd    --  Shriekmaw(Elephant) + Putrid Leech
T4:                                -- Tangle Wire(get  Into the Roil)
T5: Man-o'-War(Putrid Leach) (re using Vial for Woolly Thoctar)  --  Tangle Wire
T6: ...

I had Vial Mana Elves and Creatures fitting to Vial. Victory achieved.