Main Menu

Germanmagic 2 29.-30.12.2010

Started by derStefan82, 14-09-2010, 02:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derStefan82

As some of you have seen, there is another germanmagic end of this year. As highlander was one of the three major formats last year as well as on germanmagic 1.5 (hl gp) this year in june, why don't we have highlander as main event this year.
I think the highlander communtity had last year about 120 participants, which was quite good and on the germanmagic 1.5 highlander was the most played format with more participants then legacy and vintage. Is there someone out there who is in deeper relation with Jens, so that we can perhabs make it possible to get a highlander main event again this year?
I asked for it in the mtg-forum where on of the tournament organizers posted about the event and is still answering questions. Below you find some links with related information.

http://www.germanmagic.de/

http://www.mtg-forum.de/thread-german-magic-ii-hanau-71041.html

derStefan82

Just a little note between, I had a call with Jens today about the situation of Highlander on germanmagic 2. There will be a medium size highlander event on 28 of december. After some discussions about how to do, Jens agreed to announce the highlander event with good price support on the germanmagic mainpage during the following weeks. As there is a PTQ on the same day it will an about 100-120 person max tournament. I think this is a good deal as this represent the highlander community on the biggest yearly magic tournament in germany and as we saw last year and on gp lots of highlanderplayer visit this events.

pyyhttu

Just for the record, I might be a goer. Depends entirely if a herd of other finns awaken too.

derStefan82

I think you have to defend the crown ;D
Bad thing is that my friend left hanau so I have no option to checkout a free appartment in
hanau at the moment.

derStefan82

For your information, the Germanmagic page became an update with HL as one of the main events
and price support. Price support is not as big as gp or germanmagic 1 but I think as a medium
hl event and as we perhabs have another gp this year this is better than having hl only as
side event as announced before. How do you think about this?

pyyhttu

Sorry for the late reply; I am not sure if I am able to make it this year even though I wanted. I've been lurking for cheap flights but getting those seems to be harder than last year. Furthermore, joining the HL would also mean that I'd take part all the other events, but unfortunately other players around here haven't been that active to take a trip than they were last year.

But we'll see, and I'll definitely let you know if we gather a gang.

derStefan82

Nice to hear, we will join with a couple of guys from würzburg as well.

pyyhttu

Planets aligned after all so it seems some of us are able to make it there.

Just thought to warn you guys in advance, as we learned today that German humor is different.

pyyhttu

Odd question maybe but: Does anyone know who operates the selling on site or where I'm able to get KMC's perfect size shields? I somehow recall from last year that someone sold those on the site but am not sure...

~Fenry~

You can get KMC perfect size shields from www.magickartenmarkt.de. The best trader offers them for 3,50 â,¬.

kozel

Yes. I know, as that is the official sponsor of the tournament I was wondering if they have a booth there so I can buy the sleeves from the site.
Im not willing to go hunt down their actual shop, and I was hoping to spare myself the trouble from ordering them online.

So I asked Pyyhttu if he knew someone from hl boards with connections to the tournament organizers so I could get a confirmation for the possible availability of KMC perfect size sleeves at the tournament site.

So. Does anyone know if they are available at the site?

derStefan82

On the last Hanau tournaments Jens (the TO and shop-owner) had always lots of this pefect size sleeves.
So I think you will get them there, but it this answer is not enough for you, you can take a look at
http://www.jk-entertainment.de/ and give them a call/mail.

Vazdru

Highlander sideevent with 70 players at Germagic 2.0 but MErcator and marchhare are both Top 8 in PTQ Paris (120 players) ::) ;)...gogogo  ;D 
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Results or it did not happen.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Tabris

http://www.planetmtg.de/articles/artikel.html?id=5750

Top8 Decks...

much aggro there.

2x Naya
2x Bant
UG AggroControl
UBG Reanimator
5c Aggro
GRb Scapeshift