Started by Vazdru, 12-04-2009, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Let the battle begin...

GL and enjoy @ everyone!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UGW Crystal Lark vs. Sensenmann 49 Lands

2 - 0

I played mana creatures, he played lands. He Mind twisted my hand of Survival and goodies, but my Ancestral came online next turn netting me Regrowth for Survival. I tutored for Lark combo and went off two turns later with double counter back up.

My Birds-STE acceleration was stunned when he Vindicated my Selesnya Sanctuary. Thus he got to play Oath before I had Mystic Snake mana up, but I had Oblivion Ring nevertheless. When he attemped to Mind Twist me once again, I had Misdirection leaving him nothign and me with just Kitchen Finks, which went to distance.

Our casual game afterwards was more fun and eventful.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (RDW) vs. Outlaw (Gb Elves!) 2-0

First game I have a good start with Goblin on turn 1, 2 creatures on turn 2, including Scorched Rusalka. He starts with turn 2 Bloodline Shaman, Turn 3 Eladamri, Lord of Leaves. I have the Goblin with "When this attacks, you may pay R. If you do, target creature can't block this turn." so he never gets to block because he always uses the Shaman's ability in his main phase. When he is on 10, I Pulse of the Forge him eot and in my turn play Skizzik W/O the kicker, but with the R for my good goblin so he can't block again.

1-0

Second game he has a better start with Wirewood Hivemaster which I cannot resp. do not want to kill. This time I have Akki Avalanchers and Blood Knight, Scorched Rusalka again adding to the team. With Flamekin Harbinger I tutor for Ball Lightning. Attack with BL and Bloood Knight brings him down to 2, so he never manages to get his Wellwisher online quick enuff.

2-0

Georg B

Sturmgott (Dülmen Staxx) vs. Moi! (Ying Yang Weeny) 2:1

First game I had not enough mana (he played no lands when I played Land Tax) to survive against Tabernacle and Winter Orb.

Second game I had a second turn creature and his Tangle Wire was not enough for my armada. (many creatures and Wargear)

Third game he had Library of Alexandria and The Abyss but I coul play many creatures and when he destroyed all my creatures I had Volraths Stronghold, Ranger of Eos and EAther Vial with 4 counters. So I got each creature with cmc 1 into play.
When he was on 4 life He played Catastrophe to destroy all lands and played Tabernacle and he had Life from the Loam.

Payron

lio123 (Rb-goblins) - Payron (Rb-goblins)

0:2

first game: I had mox diamond squeaking pie sneak first round and second round some more creatures ... it wasn t to much pressure on the other side .. but the game crashed

0:0

second game: I had aether vial first turn ... he started with knucklebone witch .. on the second turn i played demonic tutore with enough lands on the hand + aether vial so i decided for goblin recruite ... his second drops were Mog fanatic and pendlehaven ... but after i searched everything for the win and he gave up

0:1

third game: We both started with goblin Cardets but he got a second round squeaking pie sneak and I didn t got anything ... I did the BIG mistake to attack with my cadets just for fun but he just blocked with squeaking pie sneak and got control :/ ... I had for the third turn a goblin kin g.. but that would be rly stupid .. so I destroyed his only red mana with Molten Rain ... that won me the game because he couldn t do anything anymore .. and I recoverd with siege gang, and more goodies ...

0:2

gg's

Vazdru

Georg B (5C-Control) vs Vazdru (MGA)

Win fast or die an agonizing death! What was my slogan for this matches.

1st: I've won the die roll and started.
T1: Forest + Tattermunge
T2: Forest + Rofellos (killed my StP)
T3: Cradle + Call of the Herd, he played Trinket Mage for explosives.
T4: Attack - he jump-blocked my elephant with Trinket -> Predator Strike
Afterwards Yavimaya Dryad (he had a Savannah + Wall of Blossom out), when he tried to kill my dryad i've played Stonewood Invocation for leathal 7 Dam (he had a hand full of Counters  ::) :P)

2nd: Long story.....Wrath, Pernicious Deed, Explosives, Intuition - so guess who won  ??? ;) k- back to game 3

3rd:
T1: Forest + Jungle Lion
T2: Forest + Dryad Sophisticate
T3: Forest + Troll Ascetic
T4: Forest + Kitchen Finks
K - i was in fear of Moat now but he only played Loxodon Hierarch back on 10 PL
All In + Hurricane won the game. / He had Gifts Ungiven, Flametongue Kavu, Dissipate... in hands so he just needed to survive 1-2 turns more which he doesn't

1-2

GGs!

Far below the earth

Outlaw

Outlaw's Red Death vs. Vazdru's Oath
2:0

1st game:
I start with land, mox and top. He plays land, go. I play land and molten rain. He plays land, go. I play choking sands. He plays land, i play tutor for Graveborn Muse i think. Eventualy i killed him.

2nd game:
I keep a quite risky hand with talisman, rishadan port and barbarian ring. I also had d. ritual, hymn to tourach and stuff, so i was hoping to draw a swamp. But i didn't.
So we both start with a land, go. Then he plays sterling grove. I play talisman, ritual and hymn. He then searches for oath in upkeep.(i didn't give a damn :) )
I played Sulfuric Vortex, but had no other burn in hand. Eventually i got Char and lightning bolt. It was enough to kill him.

ggs

Georg B

lio123 (Gobbo Bidding aka RB Goblins) vs. Georg B (Staxx)

1:2

In the first game I had Tabernacle until he played Blood Moon.
But at that point I had already enough mana stones. In the end I won via Geddon + Loam, and Winter Orb + Clock of Omens.
I killed with Tezzeret + the Overrun of Garruck. ;) http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5562/magic1.jpg (the bidding was in his hand)

In the second game he was to fast for me. He had Zozu the punisher whitch punishes me a lot. :P

The third game was crazy.
He started with Vexing Shusher and I had Tabernacle in hand, but I wanted to stabilize my board, so I needed the mana.
But then he played Blood Moon and Sulfuric Vortex. After some time I got moat and was on 12 LP or so.
When I was on 8 I managed to play Crumblin Sanctury. From that point on each player lost 2 cards each upkeep.
I think the game broke when I played Senseis Devining Top whitch I topdecked. After some time I played Smokestack and Armagedoon. When he got some lands back I played Crucible (Smokestack was still on 1) and later Wildfire. When he lost his two enchantments he gave up.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4029/magic2d.jpg

Outlaw

Outlaw's Naya Zoo vs. George's Ying Yang Weeny

1st game:
He starts, plays isamaru. I play vial. He plays Tidehollow Sculler (removing O. Ring). I play land, go. He plays nezumi grave robber i think, eot i put mother of runes in play. Then i play TinStreet Hooligan, destroying his Sculler. At some point i play loxodon warhammer and equip my burning tree shaman with it. He has isamaru equiped with grafted wargear. I kill him by removing wawrgear from the game with O. Ring. I also play call of the herd and eventually i win.

2nd game:
I won this one with a little help from my friends, Sarkan Vol, Garruk Wildspeaker, Grim Lavamancer and of course, Loxodon Warhammer.  :)

ggs!

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS BR gobos payron
1:2
well, another aggro match... don't remember much, because it was a couple of days ago (thought he would have reported it)

Game 1: He just plays loads of gobos and winter orb, i played intuition for tabernacle cleaning (almost) the board, but was already too low on life points. so GG for him.

Game 2: he was a bit screw but tried going for mox + land + winter + 1/2 critters. i had goyf?! (can recall correctly) and then dropped doran (he had a 3/1) he conceded.

Game 3: Crashed... he had a good hand. global ruination + magus, i had also a good hand dissipate, mortify + glen. I'd have been all about correct timing.

Game 3: He had a bad hand, but drew every thing afterwards, i just couldn't manage it. too fast

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS codexx U skies

Game 1: He started with flying men + bone splinter.. i lay some lands and krosan gripped his splinter. After that i played loxodon hiearch and killed another 1/1 with demonfire. We're now bot racing for damage. He played some more creatures but i had stoic angel, in between the attacks we both lost 1x faerie conclave (mine being vesuva), in the end i went for the loxodon plus demonic for sudden shock and that was GG.

Game 2. Crashed while we drew our initial hand

Game 3: He had 2 critters + 3 lands i had tabernacle + collective restraint (at 3). game crashed

Game 4 (changed server): He played cloud of pirates i started with maze he played a 2/2 + mask of memory equipping the 1/1. i used the maze on the mask because of card disavantage, he played curiosity on the other creature. i killed that one. he then played unstable mutation on his 1/1 and i started receiving too much damage, but again decided to use my maze on his "masked" creature. i played shadow mage + doran and again we both started a race damage. he played ether bomb on my doran and played 1/1 i played FTK on his 1/1 + a FOF at eot, kept shred memory. Transmuted shred for mana drain (had lightning helix on my hand) and went for the final points of damage with the shadowmage + FTK.

Both games were really closed.

Nastaboi

Quote from: Mythrandir
Game 3: Crashed
Game 2. Crashed

Which server did you use so I'd know to avoid it? ;)
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing (5-colour control with Oath) vs. Vazdru (Red-Black)

2-0 for Kassow-Rossing

G1: Vazdru tried an early turn Bitterblossom, but I had Mana Drain for response. Mana Drain mana gave me turn 3 Elspeth and Elspeth almost won me the game alone. With counterspell back-up, turn 5 Bitterblossom and tur 6 Exalted Angel, I sealed g1

G2: Vazdru chose to start and resolved a turn 2 Bitterblossom. The following turn he played Blightning for 3 life and 2 cards. Hard times. I kept Enlightened Tutor in hand and fetched myself an Oath of Druids. Oath won me the game with White Akroma, Eternal Dragon, Bogardan Hellkite. I finish'ed the Bitterblossom-player off with a Lightning Helix for the final 3 damage (Vazdru ended on -1 life). 2-0. Thx for playing. I got lucky and my match-up was good

-Patrick Kassow

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 19-04-2009, 01:55:27 PM
Game 3: Crashed
Game 2. Crashed

Which server did you use so I'd know to avoid it? ;)

mwsplay.net.. all the other were down: holy, liga... vazdru gave me an italian one, but i forgot to add it :S

@Kassow: That's some weird choices (creatures) for an oath...

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 19-04-2009, 07:46:23 PM

@Kassow: That's some weird choices (creatures) for an oath...

He didn't played an Oath-Deck but a 5C-Control feat. Oath - that's an important difference.
Far below the earth