Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VI

Started by Vazdru, 12-04-2009, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payron

Nastaboi (Crystal Lark) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

first game: I won the role and started of with first round Soltari Foot Soldier. In his first turn he layed down LoA ... but it seemed liek I did good pressure with my evasion creatures because second turn I could cast a Soltarie Trooper his second turn consisted of Simic signet because he didn t wanted to discard later on he layed later on a morphed exalted angel and I tryed to kill it with Swords but there came a misdirection on my trooper, but I had still a chain lightning to kill it ... hard for me but good thing he couldn t use LoA anymore ... meanwhile I played aetehr vial and drew a exalted myself from the top which came through ... all this evasion creatures won me the game

0:1

second game: He started with top and I layed Soltari Foot Soldier again first round followed buy a Sigiled Paladin ... he had the Sakura for a land and next turn a Sower of Temptation which stole my paladin ... so this was getting to a hard damage race I could lay down Mask of memorie which got me some card advantage, but he also played mulldrifter to hold up his cards. Next round I played isamaru, grim Lavamancer and Soltari trooper... especialy the lavamancer was great against his sower so I can get back my creature but he had engerneeri explosives for won which got 3 cretaures of mine ... but I had my 5th land from the top and could of eqipe my swords of fire and ice and killed sower ... at this point it was pretty good for me ... but with the next attack I got on 5 life and removed my swords with o-ring (but I had ronicum in my hand) so in my turn in response on my ronicum he played fact or fiction (Regrowth, savannah, eladamris call, top, Glen Elendar Archmage) I gave him savanah, call and archmage with price od progress on his hand and 2 nonbaiscs on his side in play (+ savannah) I calculated to kill him with price so I tryed ... afte rhe played archmage i playedprice in response as he layed down savannah and that was the win

gg's

0:2

Payron

Sensenmann (UW control) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

First game: I had mox + boros swiftblade + second turn exalted angel which got countered ... he played 3 islands + trinket mage + mox diamond ... I burn trinked mage but next turn white honden comes which pretty much lames the agme .. my tangelw ire got like 1 damage per turn through  with solitary foot soldiar ... then i draw black vise which got handled buy his o -ring with ajnie (R/W) and geddon I can win the game but he jsut needed to draw 1 more island for the verdalken shackles to win the game ... but I was lucky

Second game: first round relic on his side, I start with with mother of runes - next turn he plays sigent and I play some 2/1 shadow creature now ... here comes the game breaker magus of the tabernacle 3rd turn ... creat ... I attack once with shadow ... and he gets probaganda online .. well worst thng I could do I sac my shadow guy to play pro white guy ... which gets countert
well every thing else get countered .. elspeth enters the game on his side + maze comes also ... that was jsut the kill for EVERY aggro deck

1:1

I guess I lose the next game because that is a rly anti aggro deck and I was just lucky to win game 1 beacuse he didn t draw 1 island in like 6 turns ... well he calculated on me playing aggro .. so I guess he will deserv the win but he needed to go so we gonna play the last match some day

Payron

Georg B. (Bant aggro) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

first game: was pretty good for me with first round Suntailhawk, 2nd round Mistral Charger and some more evasion creatures he had some pressure also but wasn t enough to catch up with my evasion from turn 1 on. gg

second game: I started off with a bit mana screw only wastland and 1 fetchland and but could lay down some creatures but in the end I didn t had enough pressure agains his Knight (which gets bigger from lands in grave) he was beating me with 5 and juton grunt did alrdy some damage with exalted back up ... I could resolve blood moon and he was screwed on UW but had still his Qasali Pridemage but he decided to sac him for my griffin Guide on my Knight of Meadowgrain because like that I could of win the damage race ... but with his fact he decided wrong (I think) because he took fetch land + a creature taht needed G so he couldn t play it ... but he had a bigger creature then my and I needed to waste a turn to play land tax to fix for some lands ... so I could keep his cretaured tapped with ajanie .. but didn t wanted to lose my creature because with the next atatck I would go on 3 ... but he had pysic blast . gg couldn t guess taht

1:1

third game: I had pretty bad hand with mountain, fetch land, vial (main reason to keep the hand), flicker wisp, Giant solifuge, Flametounge kavu ... well he had first round ancestral vision and second turn quirion Dryad. I did nothing then laying lands ... next turn he played juton Grunt and untapped Temple garden (to had mana for spell snare open like he told me later) but he didn t calculated that he needed to pay the upkeep coast so he died ... my vial was at taht point on 3 so when he played a Anurid Bushhopper and attack with dryad I brought flicker wisp in and removed dryad ... nest turn 4 mana to cast solifuge (was a bit afraid of force spike but worked out for me)attacked with all and he blocked with bushhopper and wanted to remove him so I brought with vial kavu in and killed him next turn I played griffen guid on kavu and attacked ... and had to much evasion damage so he conceded gg

1:2

Sensenmann

So here is the final game between Payron and me.

After two close games the third one was very close, too.

Payron starts with karakas, Chrome mox imprint soltari champion and sigiled paladin. Nice Start!
I answer with an Island.
Payron then plays barbarian ring and Grafted Wargear equipping the paladin and attacking for 6 damage on his second turn!
I play another Island and Fellwar Stone.
He attacks again for 6, plays AEther Vial and Ronom Uniccorn.
On my turn I can cast oblivion ring on the wargear killing the paladin with it.
He starts nibbling on my last 8 life with his unicorn and additionally casts suntail hawk. I can cast fact or fiction in response showing him Maze of Ith, Counterspell, Magus of the Moon, Wrath of God and Mana Drain. I get Magus, COunterspell and Maze.
On my turn I can start stalling with Magus and Maze.
He starts attacking with the hawk flying into the maze and I can "stabilize" at 4 lifepoints, pretty low if he had some Burnspells.
Reallygamebreaking was my Battlegrace Angel with the following vedalken shackles. At this point payron scoops and called it GG.

So 2:1 for Sensenmann with UW-Control against Payron with Boros.

Nice interactive games. Like to play against you soon, Payron. Nice Guy! :)

Vazdru

Nastaboi (U-Skies) - Vazdru (UG-Basics "Arne Fricke's Style")

1st: I kept Land + Phyrexian Furnace because I expected combo-something or at least Survival, Gifts and friends so I took 5 new ones. He started with Land + Chrome Mox + Spiketail Hatchling. Next turns Vendillion Clique met my counterspell. He tried Misdirection removing Counterspell but I've had Force of Will as answer removing Upheaval. Nice action with better end for me leaving him with 2 hand cards and 3 lands in play. My next play was Veldalken Shackles with one mana open to avoid hatchling. Although he saccs it for +1 so i can't use Wasteland on one of his lands anymore. Shackles did the game on the long run.

2nd: This time he started with Pestermite followed by Shackles. Although I've had Tarmogoyf, Devoted Druid, Lorescale Coatl and Survival he was able to win the damage race thanks to Shakles and evasion creatures. I was a bit mana screwed and unable to handle his assault.

3rd: Very bad first 7 - some huge guys like Genesis, Thornling, Force of Will and only 2 lands together with Brainstorm. Fortunaltely i've topdecked 2 Lands + Trygon Predator followed by Wickerbough Elder. So T3 Predator and T4 Wickerbough elder joined my army. He had Riftwing Cloudskate and 3/1-Flyer for the damage race. As i played Cloudtresher it was almost game. In the end he showed me a hand lots of Enchantment- (Treachery, B2b) and Artefact-Goodies (2 Swords, Loxodon Hammer, Needle, Razermane Masticore) - thx to Trygon Predator + Elder i could have handled every threat.

1-2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Battle of Wits vs. Doc RDW

2 - 1

I never drew 3rd land 1st game. I kept five-lander in the second one, drew Demonic and tutored Mox Diamond. Idyllic found me Battle of Wits and that's all she wrote.

3dr game, I forced his Tattermunge Maniac and Wrathed Gruul Guildmage and Boggart Ram-Gang. He played some Goblins that could only attack in certain circumstances and I Intuitioned for Moat, Rector and Silent Arbiter. Then I found Liliana before he could burn me out.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Outlaw

Outlaw's RBW aggro vs. Payron's 4c survival
2:0

Well, 1st game he was kinda flooded, i had some beaters and sword of light and shadow. When he was on 8 he blowed pernicious deed, leaving me with anathemancer and shambling remains in grave. 1st i unearthed Remains and in the next turn Anathemancer.

2nd game he was screwed. He starts with thoughtseizing my mother of runes. He then casted Wall of Roots which i got rid of with diabolic edict. Later on he played Llanowar elves (2 lands in play only) which i removed with FtK. He got rid of kavu with envoked Shriekmaw. When he got his 3rd land (all nonbasics) i played my favorite Highlander hoser Magus of the Moon, which sealed the deal.

GGs!

Outlaw

Outlaw's Bant vs. Pyyhttu's UB reanimator
2:1

1st game: Razia and Woodfall Primus did their job properly done. I screwed when i tutored for top instead of graveyard removal with trinket mage.

2nd game: Don't remember much about 2nd game. I think i won with rhox war monk supported by rafiq.

3rd game: Heh, i got perfect cards to fight against reanimator. I had karakas, tormod's crypt, relic of progenitus and academy ruins. He was struggling for some time and tried to reanimate some creatures, but he couldn't. He forgot about my karakas and he tried to cast animate dead on Kaervek the Merciless, i responded with tormod's crypt, he responded with stifle but then saw my karakas and he conceded.

ggs

Vazdru

pyyhttu (UB-Reanimator) - Vazdru (UG-Ramp)

1st: He started the game and played his first spell Recurring Nightmare Turn 3. I tried Mana Leak but he had Daze. With a hand full of couters i was able to keep the board clean. After Counterspell, Mana Drain and Wickerbough Elder nothing but lands left on his side. Furthermore i topdecked Furnace which is surely a strong weapon against recursions. Now it was time for Gifts Ungiven so he got Animate Dead and Dance of the Dead. He was also able to put Hellkite and Sundering Titan in his grave but meanwhile his LP already reached a critical stadium thanks to Baloth, Elder, Trinket Mage. I used Furnace for Titan and let him Animate Hellkite just to bounce it with Rushing River at end of turn. Pact of Negation sealed the deal.

2nd: He started with Island, me Forest + Furnace  ;D - but again Daze appeared and saved his life once more...at least for a short while. I've had a nice semi-combo with Lorescale Coatl + Sensei's which let the snake growing up quite fast. Turn 3 Coatl attacked for 5 Turn 4 but he had Recoil. Nevertheless i played Coatl again which was 8/8 in the end. Mind Twist didn't break my neck this time and when he tried Living Dead with Archangel in graveyard i've had still Mana Drain + Mana Leak.

0:2

GGs
Far below the earth

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Black Rainbow) vs. Mythrandir (5c Goodies) 2:1

Game 3: I start with Karakas, in his EOT Enlightened Tutor for Mox Diamond. In my turn Land, Mox, Timetwister. After Twister I get Hymn to Tourach, discarding his Demonic Tutor and another random card. After many, many more turns I win by attacking him with 14 Soldiers from a cycled Decree of Justice.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(RG-Beats)    vs      Outlaw(RBW-Zoo)

Outlaw is beginning
Plains                              --  Forest + Birds of Paradise
Scrubland + Dark Confidant          -- Karplusan Forest + Magus of the Moon
Graven Cairns + Ethersworn Canonist -- Wild Nacatal + Stomping Ground
Mountain                            -- Mountain + Outlaw plays Lightning + I played Colossal Might
Plains                              -- Skizzik (got Path to Exile)
Ruggged Prairie + Cursed Scroll     -- Boartusk Liege( re Outlaw activated Cursed Scroll for Nacatal, and succed)
Bloodstained Mire                   -- (Outlaw activated Cursed Scroll for Bird, and lost) + Sulfuric Vortex
Outlaw reveals Hide/Seek with Confidant

1:0

I won thanks to Magus of the Moon, Skizzik(got removed but could had been the gamebreaker) and Boartusk Liege
Oulaw revealed at turn 3 Path to Exile but didnt played it on Magus of the Moon.

2. Game he started with land, mox diamond and Grim Lavamancer, followed by Land and Tanglewire, Char removing my Wild Mongrel
I played Land and Aether Vial. using Vial for Skyshroud Elf, Wild Mongrel and Radha.

I stacked the the ability combination of Vial and Tangle Wire wrong, Outlaw recognized it later.
So we decide to replay the game in order of a fair game.

1:0

Outlaw is beginning
Blood Crypt                              -- Forest + Birds of Paradise
Flagstones of Trokair + Keldon Marauders -- Mountain + Morph
Plains + Tangle Wire                     -- flipping Nantuko Vigilante over(Wire) + Forest
Swamp + Avalanche Riders(Mountain)       -- Noble Hierach + River Boa
Karakas + Brion Stoutarm                 -- Mountain + Boartusk Liege
Brion Stoutarm                           -- Boggart Ram-Gang + Predator`s Strike
Plains + Demonic Tutor + Flametongue Kavu(Liege) -- Rip-Clan Crasher + Barbarian Ring
Chainer's Edict(Hierach)

I won thanks to Boartusk Liege with Ram-Gang and Rip-Clan Crasher, i could force Outlaw to play 2 rounds Brion Stoutarm and save Brion with Karakas, he get 4 lifes but i dont lose a creature and I could play more creatures.

Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Georg B

Georg (4c Basicland Survival) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control)

2:1

In the first game he had 2 Mazes (Vesuva) but when I played Magus of the Moon + Exlosives on his Moat and his last creatures, I was able to race him.

Second game was sick. I lost even though I had Wasteland + Loam. He managed to play Finks + Tarmo (I forgot the Daze in my hand), and I was too slow (Loam made his Goofy 6/7). My Jötun Grunt came to late.

Third game was even more sick. I had a second turn B2B and some nice creatures (and FoW). He managed to play Krosan Grip on the B2B later, but then I played Magus of the Moon.

Vazdru

Georg B (Firestarter's 4C-Basic-Survival) vs Vazdru (UG-Basic-Ramp)

1:2

An epic battle in which the fairytale has been destroyed that an early LoA always wins vs. Control.

1st: I've won the roll and started with
T1: Forest + Hierarch
T2: Island + Sensei, + Remand his Sakura-Tribe Elder
T3: Island + go, + Cryptic Command his Sakura-Tribe Elder + Draw
T4: Forest + Search for Tomorrow, he LoA + Tarmogoyf -> Counterspell again
T5: Forest + Ch. Colossus
T6: Forest + Search Resolves + Attack for 20 with colossus GG

2nd: he starts
T1: Tropical + Llanowar
T2: Manowar bounincing my T1 Birds
T3: Aether Vial

I was flooded, he was srewed a bit but had the better creatures + some nice Vial + Witness + Stonecloaker actions

3rd: Epic match, he was almost dead after early Mana Drain + Meloku. Thx to Intuition he was able to recover somehow. After he played Spike Weaver with 3 lp left he had the much better board position together with LoA + LftL - Engine on the run. So i played Upheaval + Land Drop + Hierarch -> go. He Forest + Llanowar Elves -> go. Land + Sakura-Tribe Elder + attack him down to 2 Lp. He Land + Wall of Roots + Hermit Druid  ???

I wasn't able to come through his defense to take down the last 2 lp. Again Spike Weaver hit the board. Meanwhile i've had Genesis-Combo running with Baloth, Venser, Witness in GY, so I was able to counter his Reveillark-Combo three times till i've won. He had 9 cards left in his library and I've had Oona out :)

GGs!

Far below the earth