Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XI

Started by Vazdru, 31-12-2010, 01:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Maggot (UW-Control) - Vazdru (WW)

1st: I've had a good start with Student of Wayfare, Honor of the Pure, Soltari Champion but hit 3 lands in a row from the top to get flooded. On the opposite he was srewed a bit but was able to remove Student with Path and recover with Kitchen Finks. He made a mistake trying to beat me down with finks while i had Mishra's Factory to fight back. Leonin Skyhunter joined my team, Tectonic Edge destroyed his forth land. He played Drifts to build up his defense but had still no answer for Soltari. As he played Bribery he had to recognize that i neither play Exalted nor Baneslayer; he has chosen Ronom Unicorn for 1 or 2 extra turns by destroying Honor. But in the end he can't find an answer for Soltari right in time.

2nd: My first plays were Stoneforge Mystic, Knight of the white orchard, he had only remand to slow me down. T4 he played Academy Rector but i've had Parallax Wave to keep the ground clean. T5 he played Tabernacle and eot Gifts for Day, Wrath, Shackles, Gideon. With Wave still in play, Ancient Kami + Armageddon on hand I had the right answers to face the two wrath-effects + Academy Rector. So in the end i've won with some random critters.

0:2

Btw.: we played our games on cockatrice - engine is better than mws and the handling is quite simple.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Payron

Fenry (Reaniamtor) - Payron (UW fish)

first game: I had first play Azurio Guildmage which countered turn 3 his fetchland. A discarder took my 3rd round drop but as he nearly tapped out in the fourth turn I had gifts in response to his reanimated hellkite for b2b, jace2, bribery and glen archmage. I get b2b and archmage the b2b hold him down and i could handle his animate detah with disentchant and the archmage beat him to death.

second game: I had a student first turn and could handle his fauna shaman with swords and lvl the studentd once. In his turn he played Bazar and discarded hellkite which got reanmated with exhume, but the game crashed :-/ .. had still sower, mana tithe and some buisness in the hand not sure who would have won :-/

thrid game: He had an bazar but I could counte rhis reanimator spell and he wasn t able to find a new one in time :(

0:2

Tabris

Tabris (BWG Pattern Rector) vs Goblin Piledriver (Naya) 2:1

1st Game: He starts with Loam Lion. I play duress and discard his lightning bolt. Turn 2 he get quasali pridemage on the tabel and beats me for 3. on my second turn I play a demonic tutor searching pattern. T3 he attacks for 4 and casts a wolly thoctar. I get a noble hierarch down and a Carrion feeder and a senseis divining top. On his fourth tur he attacks me for 9 and casts a Phantom Centaur. I play pattern and end the game.

2nd Game: I am missing land drops and he got tangle wire with to much beatdown.

3rd Game: He got only two lands but have also birds, rhada and some beatdown. After turn 8 I can assemble my combo. I´ve got enough time trough Shriekmaw, Obstinate Baltoh, Wall of Blossoms and Tarmogoyf.

ggs

Geth29

Geth29 (Mono U Prison) vs Vazdru (Reanimator)

1st Game: After his spoil muligan he drew 6 new cards but found only 1 land so the game was over after 2 turns. :(

2nd Game: He plays a Underground Sea and chrome mox imprinting Fow then thoughtseize gets my trinket mage. I only play voltaic key the next turn. Demonic tutor gets Vazdru another land. i play prismatic lens and the following turn jace 1.0 then he reanmimates my trinket mage searching top. i only see lands the following turns and a gifts which gets miscalculated. I play Jace 2.0 bouncing back my trinket mage. He plays intuition (Leviathan, kokusho, looter). Next turn looter on his side. During this whole thing, i only saw lands on top of my library and there was nothing i could do. I used capsize to bounce one of his lands but he plays Makeshift Mannequin on Inkwell Leviathan. i could bounce all his critters via wash out but a round later he plays gifts for witness, living death, Archangel and exhume. After a resolved recurring nightmare on inkwell Leviathan, i play ensnaring bridge which was destroyed by krosan grip. I couln't do anything against inkwell and he beats me down in 3 turns.

3rd Game: i kept a nice hand with mana drain, relic, fabricate and stifle. He plays Rainforest which got stifled. The following turn, he plays watery grave, i draw wasteland from top and destroy the grave. Bad river on his side on turn 3. I play fabricate searching Helix. Coalition relic a turn later on my side grants me the mana i need to play helix after he finds no other land during his turn. Helix hits the board and i could always tap all his lands during upkeep. He counters my buybacked capsize with Force of will. Jace 2.0 found me Sundering Titan ( with Daze + thwart counter backup) but the turn i played him, Vazdru lost connection to MWS.

2:1

gg's
"No rest. No mercy. No matter what"

Vazdru

Quote from: Geth29 on 07-01-2011, 05:18:29 PM

Geth29 (Mono U Prison) vs Vazdru (Reanimator)

1st Game: After his spoil muligan he drew 6 new cards but found only 1 land so the game was over after 2 turns. :(

I love MWS - I've had 7 nonland-cards, kept Brainstorm and took 6 new ones -- of cource all nonland-cards. So i go down to 6 with 1 land, i can't find a land in the next two draws and conceded.

Quote from: Geth29 on 07-01-2011, 05:18:29 PM

but the turn i played him, Vazdru lost connection to MWS.

I've said ggs before i've lost connection  ;)
Far below the earth

cedzoh

cedzoh 2(wb aggro)vs the_ocean 1(stax)

g1:he starts, but doesn't draw enough mana sources. i beat him with some critters. he tries to find an answer with tainted pact but this leaves him with just 5 cards in his library. he concedes some time after.

g2: i am not able to beat him down, cause he got elspeth, smokestack, abyss.
key moment: he plays rector and i have a tutor in hand. i get greedy and search for aven mindcensor instaed of a stp to trick him, when rector dies. he counters it with mana drain (i didn't look carefully enough at his cards when he played his pact g1). rector gets abyss. i stay alive some turns, but after he gets my last outs i concede.

g3: i start with t1 savannah lions, t2 oonas prowler and t3 castigate (first discarder i see i those games) and take wrath. he still has tezzert in hand. t 4 i start drawing cards with mask of memory. i think this start and the card advantage wins the game.

nmlss

nmlss 2(rg aggro) vs maggot 1(uw agrro)

nmlss

nmlss 2(rg aggro) vs Geth29 0(blue control?)

Vazdru

Quote from: nmlss on 08-01-2011, 10:10:36 PM

At least a small match-report would be nice. It's the single contribution to be part of our league. If you don't have the time be kind and ask the underdog.
Far below the earth

nmlss

Quote from: Vazdru on 09-01-2011, 12:50:45 AM
Quote from: nmlss on 08-01-2011, 10:10:36 PM

At least a small match-report would be nice. It's the single contribution to be part of our league. If you don't have the time be kind and ask the underdog.

Srry, Im ill and cant really concentrate to remember the games and write reports.  And what do you mean by "ask the underdog"? Is there some kind of log in mws or cockatrice?

Nastaboi

He means you should ask the loser to report. There is a log in MWS, but you have to save it from the menu before quiting.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Geth29

You can save the Log on MWS  ;)
"No rest. No mercy. No matter what"

nmlss

Quote from: Nastaboi on 09-01-2011, 03:48:38 PM
He means you should ask the loser to report. There is a log in MWS, but you have to save it from the menu before quiting.

Next time I will. Thanks for explanation.

Helle

Nastaboi (UWr Control) 0 : 2 Helle (Goblinpiledriver's 5c Zoo)

I'm no quite shure about the red in his deck, as he didn't play a red spell, but fetched a Plateau. Maybe Swans combo?

First Game: I start fast with Loam Lion and Rancor, but he got Oblivion Ring for that. From then on, I drew like a god: He color-screws me with Wasteland, but I draw just the right amount of lands. He plays Exalted Angel, I drew Shriekmaw. He steals it with Control Magic, I drew Man-o'-War. Garruk's beasts then finish the game.

Second Game: He plays turn 2 Bounceland that I waste. Together with Vial I can kill him just the turn before he finds Wrath of God.

thanks for the games!

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Aluren vs. The_Ocean 5c Stax

2 - 1

I got some early disruption followed by Natural Order, but he was able to race my Progenitus with Elspeth-assisted Baneslayer. He pacted into Fetters giving him some life buffer, and drew Drain to stop my lethal bounce spell.

In G2 I got third turn Progenitus. He was able to wrath it away, but died to his own Bitterblossom soon after.

I had setup for T4 Aluren combo when Tangle Wire landed. He was also Bowling my lands away, but I could go off without any protection as he laid his whole hand to table - with Tezzeret kill awaiting next turn of course.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)