Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season V

Started by Vazdru, 04-01-2009, 01:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzledmage

Quote from: Mythrandir on 02-02-2009, 10:08:20 PM
Can´t remember the other 4 damage, anyway.

It was Char.

Some matches I hate to lose, but not this one (at least not as much as usual  ;)). In game 2 I simply couldn't find any of my direct damage (had Sensei's Top out) that would have sealed the deal (assuming no counterspells), and my Blood Moon just didn't show up in any of the games. And last game I hit a glut of lands as he was closing in for the kill, an appropriate ending after his LftL thing had pretty much snowed me under anyway.

Nicely played.

Vazdru

Ludwitch (UB-Reanimator) - Vazdru (UWG-Oath)

0:2

1st: I've kept 2 Plains, Renewed Faith, Moat (obv. against aggro) and Tormod's Crypt (obv. against reanimator). Crypt saved my life twice because he had an early Bonded Fetch for some nice tricks and I was screwed on white drawing just crap like Exploration, Explosives and stuff like this. Finally i found a forest + Sterling Grove. Meanwhile he was a bit mana-screwed (u) too so he played Gifts Ungiven for Swamp, Underground River, ~ Sea and Watery Grave. Next turn he made a mistake reanimating Reya with GY still full of goodies facing Karakas on my side. Next try was reanimating Angel of Despair so Crypt did its job. He had some Bonded Fetch action and Draw/Discard. Animate Dead met Counterspell but Recurring Nightmare hit the board a turn later on his side. Bonded Fetch has been transmuted to Hellkite Overlord a turn later + attack for 8. Eventually I had Oath running which showed after ~ 50 cards Akroma for counterattack 6. Next turn he edicts me (Karakas bounced Akroma) and another attack for 8 + Recurring Nightmare (Bogardan Hellkite + Archangel in GY). He decided to go all in with Hellkite -> Bogardan -> Archangel -> Bogardan next turn so i had to sacc my lands for Zuran Orb to stay alive with 1 LP left. Eot i played Gifts Ungiven for the win --> Life from the Loam, Academy Ruins, Flagstones + Cycle-Land with Exploration still in game. Oath revealed Hellkite -> Landdrop 2x -> Academy for Crypt + Cycle -> Crypt for an empty GY and gg (35 min).

2nd: Hymn hit me hard and let me discard Gilded Lotus + Regrowth, left me alone with land + Sylvan Scrying. Almost made a mistake to tutor Maze with Sylvan but while playing this card another thought crossed my mind...obv. Tolaria West which was immediately transmuted to Crypt again. A few turns later i played Gifts Ungiven for the win again ... Forbidden Orchyard, Academy Ruins, Cycle-Land + Life from the Loam.

GGs!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (WGEnchantress) vs. GeorgB (WBWeenie "Ying Yang"?): 2-0

1st. Game: I win the die roll and let GeorgB to go first. My deck rewards me by giving Land Tax, Earthcraft, Sterling Grove and some lands. A clear combo setup from here. GeorgB gets to drop a first turn Mother of Ruins and disrupts on his next turn with Tidehollow Sculler. I reveal him my hand consisting of Enchantress Presence, Argivian Find, Decree of Justice, Earthcraft and Sterling Grove and some land. He takes the Enchantress Presence. Not long from until I get Squirrel Nest with Sterling Grove and GeorgB concedes after failing to draw an out for my army of squirrels.

2nd game: GeorgB wants to go first and it's his turn to play Land Tax. I've got Library of Alexandria here so don't complain. He plays a second turn Knight of the White Orchid which beats me for some time. In between, he Vindicates my Forest which had Utopia Sprawl set for G. Rats. I get Sylvan Library into play, he plays a Bitterblossom. It gets on my next main from Seal of Cleansing. He beats and delivers some 3/3 angel. I chump block with Academy Rector the White Orchid, fetch Mobilization (I had Worship in my hand, felt like an idea) and all looks good. I play wrath of god, but he responses with Vindicate onto my Mobilization.

The game was very interactive, we both had threats and answers, (He plays Elspeth, I play Faith's Fetters, he attaches Sword of Fire and Ice on a random soldier token and attacks, I play Maze of Ith on my next turn) but after a while I draw Stfu Doll and a couple turns later Guilty Conscience. GGs.   

MErcator

MErcator vs. Grizzledmage
2 : 1

RDW against Mono Green beatdown. I had sparksmith and sharpshooter game 3 and 1 which killed all his small guys. 2nd game i was stuck on 2 lands and died in turn 7 or so...

Outlaw

Outlaw (the Red Death) vs. Ludwitch (reanimator)
2:1

First game i started. I don't remember much, coz some things happend (mws crashed during 2nd, so things got a bit complicated). I know that in the end i had Siege Gang Commander with 3 tokens and Ashenmoor Liege in play. They did the trick. Oh yes, i also had Tangle Wire in play, which prevented him of playing Platinum Angel (which, frankly i wouldn't mind, since having gangbanger in play and banefire in hand).

2nd game he started. I had turn 3 countryside crusher and turn 4 Shambling Remains. I had 2 duals and mutavault in play. He had 2 island, gemstone mine and salty marsh i think, as he reanimated Sundering Titan, leaving me on just 1 land and him on 7 life. Next turn i attacked and he blocked my Crusher, giving me hope to get 1 land, since i had Incinerate and Chainer's Edict in hand, but no, i got land 1 turn to late, when he got Empyrial Archangel in play.

3rd game i started. I played Dark Confidant on t2, he played waterfront boucner (or sth like that), which i magma jeted in my turn and also wastelanded his city of brass. Then i played withered wretch and carnophage. He stayed on 2 islands. That was that.

GGs, thx for playing.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (5c Oath) vs. Nkiro (WR Something) 0:2

1st game: Having seen that Nkiro played a kind of LD deck in past HLL matches, I spoiled almost anything that wasn't land in my opening hand. After some turns I had Scroll Rack, Coalition Relic, Mox Diamond, Deserted Temple + 4 or 5 more lands, including Nantuko Monastery. I was down to 16 life when I could play Gifts Ungiven in his EOT, his board consisting of Soltary Visionary + 6 or 7 lands. I went out for LftL, Maze of Ith, Deep Analysis and Library of Alexandria and got Deep Analysis + Library. In my turn I dredged LftL, played it, played LoA, played Deep Analysis twice (13 life now) and ended up with 7 cards, but no mana. He played the R/W Liege in his turn, attacking me for 3 with the Visionary. Going down to ten, I felt safe in my next turn. EOT I drew an extra card with LoA, in my turn I did some more card drawing with LoA, keeping the temple open to use my Maze twice on his attack. Guess what -  he has Wasteland on his turn, attacking me for 5, bringing me to 5. In my next turn I dredge LftL, play Maze again, and among the cards I draw with Library, I find Repulse + Dissipate.

When I finally try to Repulse his Liege in his next EOT, having all mana open except for Temple, Maze, Monastery, he has the one spell that outright kills me now: Sudden Shock + Liege-Trigger.

2nd game: In his turn 3 he plays Browbeat, saying nothing. I ask him "Target Player?", he pulls out an arrow pointing at me. I ask him "Will you take the 5 damage?", he says no, I say "ok, then I'll draw" - which I do. After some discussion I think I don't want to win because of missing rules knwoledge of my opponent, and offer him to repeat game 2. As a reward, I'm totally screwed with only Mox Diamond and Refelecting Pool after spoiling 5 cards. Even though I was on the play, I could only say go, not even playing a land. I find my next land only on turn 3, having played th Mox in Turn 2.  In the meantime his Figure of Destiny had become 4/4 and brought me down to 14. I repulsed it, and when re played it again, having only 1 mana open, killed him with Fire.

At any point in the game he played Umezawa's Jitte. I tell him it's banned and he removes it from the game. In a close race I manage to find Oath of Druids, his board consisting of Kitchen Finks + Serra Avenger. I play it, with Coalition Relic and Mishra's Factory open, on 7 life. Ponder got me the Oath, whih I found thanks to a sacrificed Sterling Grove. The next two cards (I knew this from Ponder) were Hellkite Overlord and Volcanic Island.

He has 6 lands on his attack, plays Orim's Thunder on my Oath, leaving me staring at my useless Mana Leak. So I activate Mishra on his attack, block the Finks, and go down to 4 life thanks to the Avenger. He plays Sacred Foundry after his attack, tapped.

I can't actually remember what I drew after that, but in his turn he played Lightning Blast before the attack, leaving me again with a useless mana leak since he now had 7 mana altogether.

I'd like to say GGs, but only the first was.

Having played Oath twice now in the league, I must say to me it doesn't seem viable any more in our format. I'm going to build sth. new now.

Nkiro

I would like to give my appologies to Sturmgott, as, as he said, my missunderstanding of rulles, did ruin game 2.
And for jitte, it is allready out of the deck.

I'mm sorry.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver (RG-Beats) vs GeorgB (WB Weenie)

1. Game  My opponent played creatures and Sword of Fire and Ice. But I could not handle the creatures wihich was equipped with it. I played also Sword of Fire and Ice but my creature was targeted by unmake.

2. Game  My Grim Lavamcer killed all creatures with a little bit help from my creatures. And so his Sword of Fire and Ice  don`t win the game for him as it does in the last game.

3. Game  We both played creatures with the same power. Georg played Bitterblosom. I played Grim Lavamancer. As I had no cards in hand and Georg had only Bitterblossom on Board I drawed Garruk the Wildspeaker and so I had 3/3 Beasts against 1/1 Flyer  and at very last Georg played Sword of Fire and Ice ( as usually) but he had only few life so I win.   
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (GWEnchantress) vs. GoblinPiledriver (RGBeats): 2-0

I win the die roll and let my opponent to go first. He has in no time Kird Ape enchanted with Rancor which gets locked down by my Gelid Shackles. I start to set up my board (Enlightened Tutor for Land Tax) and try to buy some time (Oblivion Ringed his Burning Tree Shaman and broke Seal of Cleansing on his Mishra's Factory) while enhancing my defenses (Island Sanctuary, Maze of Ith...) At some point he gets Sarkhan Vol on the board and I curse myself for Ringing his Shaman as have now no outs for the planeswalker. Lucky for me, I manage to signal that have no outs for the Sarkhan and so GoblinPiledriver goes and makes the Dragon tokens with Sarkhan being at 6 loyalty counters. I then play on my following turn Parallax Wave and remove all the 5 dragon tokens from the game.
From this point on, I get engine for Land Tax, Zuran Orb going and have Mesa generator/Squirrel Nest + Worship so that GoblinPiledriver sees best to concede.

Second game was quite peculiar... My opponent got a very fast clock with Birds of Paradise, second turn Call of the Herd followed by Burning Tree Shaman plus Sulfuric Vortex, while I was flooded with my manas. As a last ditch effort, I played Idyllic Tutor on Solitary Confinement and eventually won as he didn't find an out on his _own_ Sulfuric Vortex in time: http://shelli.fi/~pyyhttu/highlander/enchantress-voitto.PNG

Ludwitch

Ludwitch (WR Aggro) - pyyhttu (UB Something) 2:0

Well, I really did not get any idea what he was playing. He was screwed both times and I won both games quick.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (RB-Goblins) vs. Mythrandir (5CC): 2-1

Mythrandir starts the first game. I get some Tattermunge Maniac soon the board followed by a third turn Boggart Harbinger. I fetch Goblin Warchief which seemed to be the right pick. Mythrandir has some removal and Maze of Ith on the board but I soon get best of him and goblins run over. While I was largely flooded, Mythrandir had some mana issues.

We played the second quite long, until I ran out of gas and Mythrandir got his Volrath's Stronghold and Loxodon Elephant cycle going. The culmination here was again Gifts which he played for the 4 best cards at that time (2 removals and 2 Creatures for the Volrath's Stronghold).

In the third game I had a very good start in form of first turn lackey, second turn duress and matron and third turn Siege-Gang. He managed to pull off Damnation but I had Blood Moon and some heavy hitters still left. Good games.

Nkiro

Nkiro (RW Elix variants) - Outlaw (BR Midrange?)

2 - 0

Game 1: I start of with figure of destiny. From then he was still able to bring in a Taurean Muller, and a Murderous Redcap. But I was so Far in front That He conceded once i was going to make the FoD into an (8/8)

Game 2: The game started a litle slower, Don't remember very well the first turns, but only remember stone raining one of his lands, next turn ruination, and then RW Liege, but as I laid He played Everlasting torment, beat with the liege, and bring in Soltari Visionary, He flamejavels my liege, i bring in Sword of fire and ice, equip the emissary, swing for six and a card. Putting him to five, After drawing, I suppose he had no black removal, and he conceded.

I Think he should have some more black removal, or maybe it was once again the bloody MWS shuffling.

Any way 2 GG

Ludwitch

Ludwitch (RW) - Nkiro (RW) 2:1

I guess my build is more agressive. I play creatures and burn, he struggles and dies :) And we both struggled with Workstation, which OF COURSE crashed :(

Outlaw

Outlaw (Red Death) vs. Payron (Dream Halls)
2:0

1st game i started with duress, discarding his thoughtseize. In 3rd turn i played magus of the moon and then Tangle Wire, which won the game.

2nd game he started. On my turn i played Thoughtseize, discarding his Idylic Tutor. Then i played Magus of the Moon again and also Tangle Wire, which again, won the game.  :D

GGs

Outlaw

Outlaw (Red Death) vs. grizzledmage (WW)

1st game i started. Land go. He played Land Tax. Then i duressed his Sword of Fire and Ice. At some point he wasted my Graven Cairns and played Weathered Wayfearer. Then he played Kjeldoran Outrider and Sigiled Paladin which got stroke by chain lightning. I played Withered Wretch but that was about it from me, so he won.

2nd game was very close. I started with hymn to tourach. Then i played Cursed Scroll. He played Silver Knight and equiped him with Bonesplitter. Lucky for me i got rid of him with scroll with 3 cards in my hand.  :) We were both on 5 life when i played Sulfuric Vortex. He played Serra Avenger in his turn, i played Damnation in my turn. He played another creature in his turn, i played Ashenmoor Liege. Then Vortex did final 2 damage to him.

Well in 3rd game he was screwed. He only got 3 lands, 1 was destroyed by Avalanche Riders. He was struggling for a while with 1/2 flier and 1/1 first striker and tried with Weathered Wayfearer who was burned with Char. I got Lyzolda on play and eventually Tombstalker and then he conceded. Lucky for me he didn't manage to play Auriok Champion.

GGs!