I had to play against:

1. Uw-Control (Win)
2. Uw-Control (Draw)
3. Bant-Control (Win)
4. 4C-no creature-Control(Loss)
5. Mono Black Control (Loss)
6. Bant-Midrange  (Win)
Afterwards drop

So I had to play against 5 Control Decks in a row. So there was no normal matches against aggro decks like you had.

Crystal Shards is a really good card. It forces your opponent to hold 2 mana back, and it rescues all your creatures.
Pestermite is also very efficient and flexible.
Only Realms Uncharted seems to be suboptimal, I just think your opponent could choose too much. But the fact that it's instant improves the card much.
I think Brainstorm is a must play with fetchlands.  
Gargoyle Castle looks interesting but it's expensive, and if you want to use L.f.t.L then it's even more expensive.

Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

malz77

Tabris

Thx Timo.

So what do you guys think. Is the UG-Ramp better (in the current meta) than a UG-AggroControl ? As you can see I prefer a fast version without any late-game cards (Sphinx, Masticore, Rampaging Baloths).

so_not

Personally I would prefer some kind of hybrid between those two. There are some awkward stuff I don't really like in the faster list (Scryb Ranger, Pestermite, Realms Uncharted and Tom of Bala Ged for example) but the other list plays Deprive and Cloudthresher and has worse mana base. Neither one played Arbor elf, Sakura Tribe Elder, Teferi, Dust Bowl, Coiling Oracle, Ponder and probably many other cards that I'd like to see in UG :(

(BTW Reich's list had only 99 cards)

GoblinPiledriver

I think there are two good options for (mainly) UG:  aggro-control or Control.
In a control deck like mine UGB-Landfall you only play a few ramp elements.I play only Sakura Tribe Elder and Nature's Lore(Only the effiecients).
You more want to control you opponent via counterspells or destroy effects then to play several ramp spells and try to win with a single fattie like Sphinx or Rampaging Baloths.

An aggro-control deck is always a hybrid between an aggro and a midrange-control deck. But there you don't play ramp spells you have enough slots for card-drawing. So there aren't slots free.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

malz77

Quote from: so_not on 28-05-2010, 08:32:27 PMScryb Ranger

don't underestimate the ranger! so much options in one card. i wouldn't cut this card

Tabris

Will not happen. This creature is in this particular deck very very good.