Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VII

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 14-09-2009, 08:27:50 PM

The Games were epic, the first durated 35 min and the second 25 min.
GGs

Pretty intensive games! My strategy to screw him over with wasteland + LFTL didnt really worked out like i'd have liked. lol

Mythrandir 5CC VS Teko Gw elves
2:0

Game 1: he plays a third turn SOFT which i thought was my doom. he plays load of mana producers/pumpers and attacks leaving me in the red zone, but a 6 th topdeck (demonic tutor) fetched me a WOG :D and i could i was stable again, next turn i played EE for 2 crushing his survival. he attacks with loads of critters but i vensed his o-ring which had my loxodon, and i think since he had no cards in hand and i had karakas + venser he just conceded

game 2: It was a pretty nasty game for him, turn 1 factory, turn 2 tabernacle, turn 3 maze... eventually he deals a couple of damage and plays priest of titania, i fetched helix via transmutation and killed his priest. he plays some more critters and attacks i playd dromar charm (removal mode) + a regrowted helix and cleaned his board. he gave me the win.

Thks for playing

lio123

lio123 (UWG Oath) vs predi (stax)
                                     2:1

I won first and third game on Garruk. Second game Predi had full table of artefacts and winter orb + some creature (i dont remember) killed me.

GGs

zool

Coldcrow (Bant) vs zool (UG+rw) 1-2

No time today to make a long report, sorry.

derStefan82

derStefan82 (4C-Oath) vs Payron (UGW?) 2:0

1. Game I got Idyllic Tutor for getting Oath and Pithing Needle for his Jenara (Angel). He put pressure on me with Rafig of the Many.
   I could Force his Stifle on my Oath and got more pressure then him after he lost his Jenara. I got Ancestors Chosen, Hellkite Overlord
   and Empyrial Archangel from my Oath.

2. Game I got Idyllic Tutor again on my starting Hand and he Kataki 8) . With Maze of Ith I could hold off his pressure long enough to
   get my Oath running. He got Kataki, Troll Ascetic + something. I again got Ancestors Chosen, Hellkite Overlord
   and Empyrial Archangel from my Oath. At least he tryed to kill my Overloard with a Bant Charm but I hold Missdirection and got good
   Counters for his spells. So Game 2 was very lucky for me.

Thanks for games

marchhare

lio123(uwr-aggro)- marchhare(ugwb) 0-2

G1 im forced to take 2 mulligans, he exchanges 5 cards and is on the draw.
Im able to collect 3 lands in the 4th turn, and vindicate his single (!!!) land, and he gives up.

G2 creates an extremely exciting showdown, when he lays down a mirror entity with a sword of fire/ice, while i have a
used glen elendra archmage and only lands after being flooded.

He attacks 2 times with full land-support, but decides to let the archmage live and to burn me down, but then i topdeck
a crystal shard, and bounce the annoying changeling. Then :

he   entity, equip
me   topdeck noble hierarch ( block-lock with crystal shard for his entity, and counter lock with recycleable archmage)

Afterwards he drops karmic guide and eternal dragon wich resolve (the rest not), i respond with an azorius guildmage, wall of reverence and another hotncold sword out of ancestral recall visions, and win after getting from 1 to 9 life and attacking after tapping his 2 not euipped blockers.

really exciting games, thanks  ;)

firestarter

Firestarter (Combo)- derStefan82 (Oath)- 2-0

First game i had a sick hand with 2x tutor, bird, mana and orims chant, went with chantbackup into combo turn 4
Second game i duressed his intuition (don`t know why he didn`t played it). i drew library of alexandria, killing him with 3 tutors, force, silence and plenty of mana. Think he had no chance today ;)

Thanks for playing

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UGW Lark vs. Sturmgott UB Storm Combo

2 - 0

I won the roll got a second turn Tribe-Elder. Sturmgott went scary with Ebon stronghold, Island-Ritual-Signet-Twister-go. I drew TEH NUTS from the Twister: Snake, Mindcensor, Clique, and the best card in our format: Glen Elendra Archmage. Sturmgott was little worse with Library, but I played EOT Clique taking Time Spiral, followed by Archmage next turn. Then he could draw all the cards he ever wanted, I would not care.

I slowed him down some more with EE taking his two moxen, and couple of attacks and one Thoughtseize taking my Snake later he was at three life. He Pondered and tried to bounce my Archmage, which I promptly sacrificed. He Thirsted in response to Persist but found nothing relevant, and scooped it up.

Next game was rather anticlimatic. He just mulliganed himself to oblivion. Sad, but that's Magic.

Thanks for the game!
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

lio123

lio123(Heartbeat combo) vs DerStefan82 (4c oath)
                                                 2:1

First game, he had huge manascrew (about 8 turns with 1 land) and i played land each turn. With 10 lands on table, i played Braingeyser for 8 and killed him turn later.
Second game was very fast, Stefan had in 2. turn Oath with Orchard.
Third game, we both played some draw and tutors and then Stefan played Oath with Orchard. I had Heartbeat, some time walk, Timespiral and Palinchron in the hand. I played Heartbeat and time walk. Another turn i played Palinchron -> infinite mana, then Timespiral, which bringed me mind Mind Spring, Future Sight and some crappy cards. Stefan countered deadly Spring, but he didn't have answer for Future Sight and i killed him from top.

GGs

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UGW Lark vs. Peeler URW Planeswalker Control

2 - 1

I begun with Ancestral Visions. I played my first threat into his counter but got Tarmo in play while he had Lightning Angel. After Ancestral resolves I have yet to find third land, but with Top I begun to finally find some. Soon it was my Baneslayer Angel against his Numot, the Devastator. I drew Survival and he had to EE it and Tarmo, so I tutored for Lark combo in response. I could not evoke Lark very next turn as he Bolted my Birds, and Intuitioned for Loam and some lands instead. I tried to combo him following turn with Pact backup, but he had Cryptic command AND another counter. Numot ate two of my lands and I didn't draw an out.

Peeler mulliganed to 6 in the second one, but had Library while I drew just lands 8 turns in a row. When he tried Gifts in the beginning of my 9th End Step, I played my freshly drawn Fact which revealed two counters which I took along with Gifts and Loam which I rejected. I let him draw more cards with Fact and Jace and saved my counters to Pristine Angel. Eventually I found Eladamri's Call with everything I needed for Reveillark already in grave, and evoked Lark with double backup for the win.

Third game, I played an EOT Intuition into his counter only to topdeck Gifts for Loam package. Peeler suspended Aeon Chronicler for two, and I Called Sower of Temptation to deal with it. He Lightning Helixed my Sower, I Body Doubled it, he played Oblivion Ring on Body Double, I played Karmic Guide, he countered it, I Regrowthed Sower, he Chandra'd it... What a battle.

At four life, I got Baneslayer Angel. Peeler played Tidings to boost his Chronicler, but I blocked with angel and Blinked it after first strike damage. Then I hit back with Sword of Fire and Ice on it. He got Fetters on my Angel, but I resolved Survival through his counterbalance, and removed both annoying enchantments. Then I tutored for combo, and he had only one counter this time.

I was pretty exhausted after two hours and three amazing games.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 17-09-2009, 10:14:29 PM
Peeler URW Planeswalker Control

hmm.. interesting concept! Do you play all 6 (if i counted right..) PW available to those colors?

Predi

Predi(UWR Staxx) vs marchhare(UGWB Aggro)

Game1: marchhare took me down to 5 then i got control but didnt find any winsolution for a long time so the game took
      1h:38min until i got martial coup
Game2: marchhare had only 3 lands the whole game so he couldnt do that much. So I got controll with pendrell mists,
      collective restraint, ghostly prison, winter orb and clock of omens then he gave up

peeler

it´s more or less a "normal" Captain America (PW: Chandra, Ajani Vengent, Jace, elspeth)

Kavu24

Kavu (Merfolk) vs. Coldcrow (UGW Blink)

The first game was very fast because Coldcrow has kept a one land (Libary of Alexandira) and draw no second land.

He start the second game with Tundra. I have a Ancestral Vision. After Heath an go from Coldcrow I decided to destroy Tundra with Wasteland. But he has an other land. His Eternal Witness was countered by Force of Will and his Man-o-War (bounce my Forgetender) was countered by Daze. I start my offensiv with Merrow Reejery but he has a Path to Exil. My Waterfront Bouncer and Merfolk Sorvereign start to eat his life. With Winter Orb i have become the board control. So he can only bounce my Sovereign. But after 4 Turns he was dead.

Thanks for the games.

See ya

Kavu

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)    vs    marchhare (DarkBant)

Game1: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
R1: Forest + Granger Guildmage  --  Watery Grave
R2: Mishra`s Factory + Rancor -- Savannah
R3: City of Brass + Naya Hushblade --  Island + S.D. Top
R4: Rith's Grove

Won this Game because marchhare can't play(cast) any Spell. Every Spell cost either double white or black or 4 Mana.

Game2: Marchare is beginning
R1: Island + Brainstorm -- Bloodstained Mire(Taiga) + Noble Hierach
R2: Underground Sea  -- Figure of Destiny + Jund Hackblade ( got Condescend)
R3: Bayou + Ancestral Vision  --  Flagstones of Trokair + Grafted Wargear(got Manaleak)
R4: Wasteland(Taiga)  --  Sunpetal Grove
R5: Island   --  Rootbound Crag + Kami of the Ancient Law
R6: Aether Vial  --  Karakas + Skynight Legionaire + Rancor(Legionaire)

Won this Game with help from Figure of Destiny.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

marchhare

zool(wurg-aggrocontrol) - marchhare(ugwb) 0-2

I forgot most details from g1, but i had a survival, wich i used only suboptimal, but won after ca. 15-20 min, by flashing
a quasali ambusher and playing a crystal shard next turn, so that he cant block and play lightning with his single untapped land ( i had two 2/x and one 1/x creatures, he only one blocker and 3 life).

G2 he got heavily screwed  :-[ with only one forest, llanowar elves and a sdt, i started the beatdown, and killed the elv with shriekmaw before he could collect 4 mana.

Afterwards we played again and he won, although i had a playable manadrain and mind twist among the first 7 cards  ;D

Thanks for the nice games  ;)