Main Menu

Season's Beatings

Started by Kristian, 26-07-2010, 11:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristian

This card isn't banned according to the current rules. How come? Shouldn't it be like Evil Presents, Gifts Given and Fruitcake Elemental are?
There can be only one!

Nastaboi

I think they should just change the rule so that all silver-boarded cards are automaticaly banned, as they are in sanctioned formats.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 26-07-2010, 02:01:44 PM
I think they should just change the rule so that all silver-boarded cards are automaticaly banned, as they are in sanctioned formats.

Agreed! These cards come to rarely for one to be always on the lookout to ban them. Also, every player with a good common sense knows that this isn't (probably) allowed. :)

Tiggupiru

I'm fine if somebody plays this against me. No need to ban it.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Tiggupiru on 26-07-2010, 06:23:34 PM
I'm fine if somebody plays this against me. No need to ban it.

From the power level, this card is perfectly fine. However the confusion it might arise from a player playing with this is too big considering what this card can give to our format.

I'm guessing that its fairly hard (not because of price...) to get one of these, most players will not recognize it and plus the random effect makes for a bad gameplay.

So, i'm with Nastaboi: instead of banning these after they're printed, i'd prefer to see pre-emptive banning on all silver cards and if a particular silver-borded card appears that we might see fit to our format then we make a rules exception, IMO.

Kristian

So it has simply been overlooked?
There can be only one!