Main Menu

U/B Control anyone ? [Help]

Started by Tabris, 15-02-2010, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldcrow

I think for classic control with few finishers artifact mana is a must. You have to be able to cast a powerful 4 mana spell on turn 3 or a 2 mana spell with countermana left. Fast aggro drops creatures in your vulnerable window and then this deck will struggle to eliminate the threats + keeping up with the follow up burn/manadenial/counters. You also run relatively expensive spells considering zero acceleration, so there is no early countering for you.

If you want to keep it without accel you have to lower your curve quite a bit. Duress, Thoughseize seem to be missing. Man-o-War, edicts, innocent blood, ghastly demise,smother would cover some of the aggro weaknesses.

Tabris

I allready added thoughtseize, chainers edict was in the list b4 same is true for artefact acceleration.

I dont think man-o-war works that good, ive cutted him from all my control decks except UG which could realy use the tempo. smother will be added.

Dimir Signet, Mind Stone, Talisman and the new WWK artefact are already in the list. I was thinking about grim monolith, but ive cutted it to get slots.

ghastly demise sounds rly good will try it.

the tog will be tested ;)

Noviomagus

Hi,

I work on a U/B Control Decklist at the moment. I play it with more cheap black removal Spells, otherwise the aggro matchup becoms too hard. ( like: Vendetta, Somther, Last Grasp, Agony Warp, Infest )

Intuition is a good card to play in such decks.

BTW: I play Psychatog as well ;)

cheers