Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season X

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2010, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(5C-Alara,McFlurrys-aggro)     vs    Seveneyes(GBW-Rock)
2-1

Game1:GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1: Fyndhorn Elves  --  Stirring Wildwood
T2:  Karakas + Aven Mimeomancer  --  Path to Exile(Mimeomancer)
T3: Sarkhan Vol
T4: Rafiq of the Many(get Mortify(re Karakas)
T5: Rafiq of the Many    --  Solemn Simulacrum
T6:  ...

Rafiq of the Many, Sarkhan Vol and Karakas won against resistance.

Game2: Seveneyes is beginning
T1:                                                        --  Land
T2: Rampant Growth                          --  Land + Mother of Runes
T3: Dust Bowl(activated vs Tundra)  --  Land
T4: Harmonize
T5:  Sakura-Tribe Elder + Tarmogoyf
T6: Ob Nixilis, the Fallen + Wooded Foothills

My third Land was destroyed by Dust Bowl, after this I never draw another Land. Well even my Mother of Runes couldn't win this game.

Game3:Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1: Wild Nacatal  --
T2: Putrid Leech
T3: Rhox War Monk  -- Civic Wayfinder(Plains)
T4: Sarkhan Vol ...

Turn 4 kill against a 2/2 bear.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(5C-Blue-Controll)      vs      jfk(MBC with green)
2-1

Game1:jfk is beginning
T1:                                   --  Enclave Cryptologist
T2:                                   --  Verdant Catacombs(re to activation(Shadow of Doubt)
T3: Sign in Blood(jfk)     --  
T4: Mouth of Ronom + Rhystic Tutor(cant efford 2 mana)  --  Shadowmage Infiltrator
T5: Barter in Blood(get Force of Will)
T6:  Beseech the Queen(Ashes to Ashes) + Ashes to Ashes(S.I; E.C.)
T7: Lorescale Coatl + Pithing Needle(Mouth of Ronom)  --  Night's Whisper + Crop Rotation(Mouth o.R. to Cabal Coffers) + cycling Decree of Pain
T8: Animate Dead(Lorescale Coatl)    --   Sensei's Divining Top + Fauna Shaman
T9: Corrupt(F.Shaman)   --  Sensei's Divining Top + Azorius Signet
T10:                                   --  Baneslayer Angel
T11: Maelstrom Pulse(Baneslayer Angel)  --  Vindicate(Lorescale Coatl) + Calcite Snapper
T12: Necropotence   --  Recurring Nightmare((Calcite Snapper to Baneslayer Angel)(re Creamte(B.A)(re Mana Drain))
T13: Bojuka Bog(hit 11 cards) + Wayfarer's Bauble
T14: Pernicious Deed (re Counterspell) + Demonic Tutor + drain life(X=12)(re Daze)

We both trade creatures and cards. At the end I had Baneslayer Angel and jfk Necropotence. I countered 2 removal against my Baneslayer. And finally jfk played Drain Life for exactly 12, and I had 12 lifepoints. In the Top I had Daze for the final Rescue.

Game2:jfk is beginning
T1: Duress(Azorius Signet)          --
T2:                                                   --
T3:                                                   --  Calcite Snapper
T4: Wasteland + Abyssal Persecutor  --  Glen Elendra Archmage
T5: Nekrataal(Glen Elendra)         --  Garruk Wildspeaker
T6: Ashes to Ashes(get countered by Glen Elendra) + Nantuko Shade  --  Trinket Mage(Engineered Explosives)
T7: activate Wasteland to Tundra   --  Conundrum Sphinx
T8:  Rhystic Tutor + Hymn to Tourach  --  Trygon Predator
T9: Innocent Blood

At the end of spoiling kept a hand with 5 Lands Azorius Signet and Calcite Snapper. At least I drew no further lands. But jfk attaked me with overwhelming demonic and evil forces. And at the time I had stabilzie myself on 0 life. He plays Innocent Blood and sacrifize his own Abyssal Persecutor.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:                                          --
T2:  Looter il-Kor                  --   Jet Medallion    
T3: Coalition Relic               --  Volrath's Stronghold + Phyrexian Totem
T4: Conundrum Sphinx + Azorius Signet  --  Sorin Markov(Looter il-Kor)
T5: Tarmogoyf                     --  Inquisition of Kozilek(reveals Gifts Ungiven, Baneslayer Angel) +  Liliana's Specter(Baneslayer)
Eot: Gifts Ungiven (Volrath's Stronghold, Recurring Nightmare, Inferno Titan, Sun Titan) (I get Inferno Titan + Stronghold)
T6: Garruk Wildspeaker + activate Stronghold + attacking with Conudrum Sphinx and announcing Sun Titan(re Skeletal Scrying X=3)  --  Ashes to Ashes (Conudrum Sphinx,Tarmogoyf) + Nezumi Graverobber(against Recurring Nightmare)
T7:  Inferno Titan(Nezumi Graverobber, Liliana's Specter)  --  Hymn to Tourach(Island Sun Titan) + Oona, Queen of the Fae
T8: Control Magic(Oona, Queen of the Fae)

At the end I play Gifts Ungiven for the final struggle. At the end I won with Inferno Titan and topdecked Control Magic.

Game1: 24 minutes; Game2: 17 minutes   Game 3: 25 minutes  => Sum 66 Minutes

As I wrote this report I realized both Player jfk and me had played Volrath's Stronghold in the third game without notizing that it is legendary!
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(5C-Alara)      vs      derStefan82(WRB-Staxx)
2-1

Game1: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1:                      --  Weathered wayfarer
T2: Dark confidant     --  Mishra's Workshop + Rakdos Signet + Talisman of Indulgence
T3: Rhox war monk    --  Talisman of Progress
T4: Bloodbraid elf( cascaded into jhessian infiltrator)  --  Day of judgement
T5: Sword of Fire and Ice   -- 
T6: Sarkhan vol  +  Noble hierach  --   Pithing Needle(Sarkhan)  +  Moat
T7: Elspeth, Knight Errant     --   Oblivion ring(Elspeth)
T8: Chain Lightning ...

Won with creatures and 2 planeswalker. In the end all my permanents were either dead or useless, but Stefan were low at life so Chain Lightning was enough

Game2: derStefan82 is beginning
T1: Ancient Tomb + Grim Monolith   --  Noble Hierach
T2:  Urborg,T.o.Y. + The Abyss         --
T3:  Tabernacle + everflwoing chalice  --  Quasali Pridemage
T4:                                              -- Demonic Tutor(for the wrong target)
T5: Armageddon + Swamp (later Reflecting Pool,which I wasted)
Lategame: Metalworker and a morphed Exalted Angel  beat me down to 6 life. His Karn,Silver Golem was walking into my Karakas.  Then he founds Demonic Tutor for Mountain for Rolling Earthquake.

Armageddon and very early Abyss disrupted my game complety. In the following 10 or moreTurns I only drew 3 Lands.

Game3:Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T2: Tidehollow sculler: (coalition relic; plains; reflecting pool; ghostly prison; lodestone golem; the abyss; ravages of war) I choose Coaltion Relict to slow his late drops.
T3: Sedraxis Specter            --  Weathered wayfarer
T4: Elspeth, Knight Errant     --
T5: Fauna Shaman                 --  ...

As I saw his hand I took away his mana acceleration to keep Stefan away from his game plan.

PuTe

PuTe-E-san    2:0      (UGr vs. Uwr-control)

mooneffects with counterbackup won the game twice!

1.Game:  aethervial with birds, lotus cobra, clique , and after a double fact or fiction (witness) magus

2.Game:  Jace 2.0 on 11 counters.After bounce (he tapped out) i resolved Magus with misdirection-backup for his l.Bolt

gg's
nice that you joined our league! u will improve ur play fast :)  gl next games

Vazdru

whisper (Aggro-Elves) - Vazdru (UGB-Reanimator)

1st: I won the roll and started with Sensei's + some shuffle effects. He had Crop Rotation + Worldy Tutor as I played Compulsive Research T3 which brings Iona + Hellkite to graveyard. So I've had the choice between lock (Iona) or Wrath (Hellkite) T4 for gg. I used Dance of the Dead for Hellkite to clean the board (3 elves) leaving him with Gaea's Cradle.

2nd: This time I've had no big guy but 2 reanimation-spells, Tainted Pact, Wild Mongrel, Miscalculation and 2 lands. T2 Tainted Pact revealed Phantom Nishoba and then Angel of Despair which i took. T3 he had 5 Elves + Sword of Fire and Ice on the board facing a single Wild Mongrel which won the game by letting me discard Angel + Sundering Titan. I countered his Regal Force and topdecked Explosives a turn later so there was no way left for him.

Thx for the ggs.

0:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (MUC) 2:0 PuTe (4c-Staxx)

Game 1:
He has a lot of mana artefacts and I play lands and evtl a Wake Thrasher. When i counter something, he searches and plays a Winter Orb to lock the game, he also has Maze of Ith. I mindlessly forget to attack, which lets him untap lands other than Maze. I collect more lands over the next turns and counter every now and then, a Catastrophe for example. My Nevinyrrals Disc wants to clean the board, gets bounced by a bribed Venser and finally does its job, leaving nothing but Chandra Nalaar on his side. Next turn Oblivion Ring solves this problem too and with some faeries and counter backup i win the game.

Game 2:
i waste his first turn Workshop and counter his Crucible of Words. He does nothing, evtl i put Glen Elendra Archmage into play with three more counters in my hand. I start beating him with Mishras Factory and Archmage and neutralize everything he plays. With Archmage and Riptide Laboratory on my side he concedes.

Thx for games!

derStefan82

derStefan82 (WRB-Staxx) - Seveneyes (MUC) 2:1

We played three epic games I think about two hours. As we had a hangup between game 2 and 3 I have no history for the first 2 games.

1. Game I got less manastones and he get lots of counters. He could find an answer for most of my threads like Burning of Xinye ... In the end I could cast Armageddon + Ravages in 1 turn and get all lands away. Afterwards I killed him with an angel.

2. Game I had a good hand and thought I get the game after playing winter orb I made the big misstake, I had Trisk and he Jace he played Controlmagic and I didn't shot the jace. The later game he gets lot of card advantage out of his jace and killed me in the end with my mindcontrolled Baneslayer. I had 3 or 4 tries for killing him with Abyss, Global, etc but he had always a counter for it.

3. Game I got early Crucible, Brown-Mana, Burning of Xinye which gave me a good start, I could beat him down with a few threads (Trisk, Weathered, Metalworker) until I got Obelisk of Alara helps me beating down. After Decree of Anh. the game was won.

Really hard and tactical games, thx for it.

~Fenry~

nmlss (Bg Control)  vs Fenry (UBg Reanimator) [1:2]

1. Game:
Turn 1: Mox Diamond (Dakmor Salvage), Fauna Shaman
Turn 2: Inquisition of Kozilek (Brainstorm)
Turn 3: Shaman discard(Inkwell Leviathan) search (Body Double)
Turn 4: Bitterblossom
Turn 5: Dredge(Dakmor Salvage) & play
Turn 6: Hymn to Tourach, Noble Hierarch
Turn 7: Shaman search Eternal Witness
Turn 8: Distress (Eternal Witness), Diabolic Edict(Fauna Shaman)
Turn 9: Birds of Paradise
Turn 10: Birds of Paradise
Turn 11: Thought Courier
Turn 13: Animate Dead(Iona)

I lose the game to Bitterblossom. I also made a misplay by not reanimating Bogardan Hellkite and kill his tokens.

Game 2:
Turn 1:  Inquisition of Kozilek(Smallpox)
Turn 2: Wasteland(Tropical Island)
Turn 3: Bazaar of Baghdad
Turn 4: Thoughtseize (Show and Tell)
Turn 7: Thought Courier
Turn 8: Sword of Fire and Ice
Turn 9: Life/Death(Inkwell Leviathan)

He was flooded and I was a little bit screwed. In the end Inkwell Leviathan wins the game with counterbackup and Intuition.

3. Game:
Turn 1: Treetop Village
Turn 2: Birds of Paradise
Turn 3: ----
Turn 4: Fauna Shaman
Turn 5: ----
Turn 6: Enclave Cryptologist Crop Rotation(Golgari Rot Farm)[EOT]
Turn 7: Damnation (Spell Pierce)
Turn 8: Shaman search(Iona)
Turn 9: Liliana Vess
Turn 10: Animate Dead (Artisan of Kozilek->Iona, Shield of Emeria)

After I played Animate Dead for Artisan of Kozilek and Iona he conceded.

-jFk-

-jFk- (MBC)    vs    TeKo (UBW Controll)

I win the die roll.
First game I start with Thoughtseize and then Turn 3 necropotence. He can't counter it so I draw a couple of cards but then the game crushes so we start again.

I have Ivory Tower on my starting hand and thinking about keeping it but I have Wayfarer's Bauble as well, and I want to play this on turn one so I spoil the tower and from the top comes... Necropotence.. shit happens.
On turn 3 I play Hypnotic Specter to force through Necro next turn. It resolves and he plays Jace Beleren (Which he had Turn 3 of all three games). He draws a card, I kill him with Specter and play Necro. I draw three and pass my turn. He plays jace 2.0 and bounces specter. I'm screwed on four lands but first I have to deal with Jace. Fortunately I have Demonic Tutor, which I play on Hexmage for Jace. I draw 2 (15 Life) to find land and discard graverobber and Suffer the Past. He goes with playing planeswalkers. This time it is Elspeth producing a token. I've found cabal coffers, try Oblivion Stone and go down to 12. He attacks with his pimped token (8 life) and plays venser to bounce stone. Now I have maze so i can relax a little bit and instead of just putting out the stone again I first play Mind Shatter for 3 of his 4 cards. He discards Muddle, Exalted angle and Academy Ruins. I draw 3 more cards and have only 5 life left so I don't mind about throwing away Skelettal Scrying at end of turn. Venser and pimped Token attack, but the Token doesn't (Maze) He does nothing else. Now I can play Stone again and I have Chainer's Edict as well so he cant do any more damage if he can't handle Maze. In this situation nothing is safer then drawing two more cards and dropping down to one single life point.
Since he has sacced his Token he produces another one giving Elspeth her eightth counter. And that is where I make a big mistake because of which.. nothing happened. What I did was not to activate the stone in my turn so I had to do it in his on response to Elspeth's ultimate activation.
He plays (indestructible) Eternal Dragon but I have Innocent Blood on hand and Edict in the grave. I play blood and then Hypnotic Specter. He takes back his dragon on his turn and I attack him (discarding Force of Will) and play Sorin Markov to go back to 3 life.
He has Vindicate for Sorin and Compulsive Research for his Hand (3 cards at this moment).
I attack him down to 12 and play Mind Sludge for the rest of his hand. He discards a Bribery which would have killed me very very fast.
He is hand down and doesn't even bother about getting back the dragon. Rather he draws a card, which is only a land and plays it.
I put him to 10 and play Liliana Vess. Because I have lots of nonbasics and cabal coffers, I search for Urborg.
When I attack him next turn he bounces specter and draws a card with Command. I activate Lilliana and he discards Island.
Now I have tons of mana so first of all I draw two cards going back to 1 life. Then I play Phyrexian Totem and Specter and pass the Turn with still some mana open.
He draws a card and plays main phase Intuition. An evil grin runs over my face because my Shadow of Doubt has just waited for this situation to finally win the game. The command for 13 next turn seals the deal just formally.

After an epic game like this is was really a pitty that he had to keep a five-card hand containing only one land in the second game. He was lucky enough to draw some early lands and it took me ages to get him down but he never draws enough lands and finally I can overrun him with Persecutor.
Funny situation is in the end when he tries to prevent me from destroying the persecutor:
I search Wasteland and destroy his second blue mana, he uses it to play Intuition for Force of Will, Pact of Negation (I don't get it at this moment), and mana leak which I also can afford. So it's gg after what seemed like at least 2 hours.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Owling Mine vs. Mythrandir his deck

2 - 0

I started with T2 Temple Bell, T3 Horn of Greed, T4 Tangle Wire locking him out and begun bouncing his lands. Black Vise and Flamebreak Trap finished him soon off.

2nd game went draw-go as I wanted to get counter backup for my Walking Archive. Ankh of Mishra started eating away his life total, and I threatened to deal him 11 with Sudden Impact on his draw step. He had double counter, but had to tap out, and I played Upheaval+Psychatog next turn. GG's really.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

PuTe

PuTe (WRBU-STAXX) - derStefan82(WRB-Staxx) 2:0

game 1: afet manadrain followed from tezzeret, mindslaver, and his armageddon the game was over.

game 2: he made mulligan twice.. sorry stefan !
ggs

derStefan82

derStefan82 (WRB-Staxx) vs Mythandir (5C-Control) 1:1

1. Game I had godhand with Workshop -> Monolith, Top 1. round, 2.round I got Thran Dynamo,
Later on Baneslayer and Obelisk made lots of Damage and I killed finally with Rolling Earthquake.

2. Game I had again long time control about the Match and we battled against each other.
But this game I made big misstakes. I was on 30 he on 6 I tryed to get him down with Rolling after
let my Lodestone Golem killed in the combat. But he had Counterspell and 2 mana open. Next round
I attacked with left Exalted Angel and brought him to 2 life. I changed my plan to find Geddon with
Demonit to play Trisk and kill him, but he played Seek on my Sundering Titan and went to 10. Afterwards
he could go for Wrath and I woth really out of pump. I conceeded to his Angel + Ajani Vengeant on my Maze
going to 8.

Did very long matches, as we both are not very good stuffed in time we decided to draw.
Thx for first test against 5C with this deck. Matchup is good as I thought before but have to play safe.

cedzoh

cedzoh (br goblins) vs coldrow (bant) 2:1

g1:
lackey into sharpshooter +bitterblossom+late ringleader-action win the game.

g2:i screw a bit and can't handle sword of fire and ice.

g3: he floods a bit, but has shackles+garruk. i have gempalm incinerator and volraths. this game goes very long. most of the time incinerator shoots a beast-token. after some time he concedes.

Georg B

Georg (WB Discard) vs Seveneyes (WBG Rock) 2:1

The first game crashed sometimes, but we were able to reconnect like 3 or 4 times.
At the end, he lost the connection. At that point he had only lands in play and no hand card (or was it one?) and I had Oblivion Ring and Mortify in hand plus Graveborn Muse and another creature in play, so he gave me the game.

In the second game I thought I would win easily cause I started with Hymn to Tourach second round and Stupor third round.
But in the end he could stabilize him self with Faith Fetters (2 times, because I played Oblivion Ring on it and he destroyed the Ring).
He had two manlands, so my Damnation could not save me from his mass of creatures threatening my 7 lifepoints.

Third game I had a good creature armada (Hypnotic Specter, Kitchen Finks, Dark Confidant, Stilmoon Chavalier) and got removal for each dangerous card he got. This plus some discard won me the game.

nmlss

e-san - nmless

1 - 2

no report, srry.