Season XII begins next Sunday

have some fun

Reports as usual
Scoreboard here:
Scoreboard

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Will there be pairings, or are we allowed to play against anybody?
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Quote from: Nastaboi on 05-05-2011, 11:23:54 AM

There won't be any pairings - play vs anybody whenever you like.
Far below the earth

Helle

peeler 0 : 2 helle
We both play Esper Control, but his deck is more like a traditional control while I play more creatures + Equipment.

Game 1: We realize that it's a control mirror and both play lands for several turns only. Most relevant spells get handled on both sides. I draw several manlands while he only has sorcery speed removal and I manage to get card advantage via Sword of Light and Shadow. Unexciting game.

Game 2: I get mini-Jace going for at least 10 turns and can handle everything he plays while he doesn't draw any carddraw at al. Aven Mindcensor + 2 Swords ends the game.

Thanks for playing!
gg

PS: I'm unsure if the score is correctly reported in the spreadsheet, pls check.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 05-05-2011, 10:40:36 PM
Quote from: Nastaboi on 05-05-2011, 11:23:54 AM

There won't be any pairings - play vs anybody whenever you like.

I thought tgere was going to be pairings... Anyway, for easier viewing (IMO), here's everyone you have to fight against (i hope i didn't forget anyone...):

Korbel / Jochen / Germany   / 42832987 (goblinpiledriver)
Al-Saidi / Jonny / Germany / 316037083 (tabris)
Ihonen / Juha / Finland / 353787053 (nastaboi)
Pieler/Martin/Germany/219361745 (peeler)
Matos/João/Portugal/378577689  (msn: jgmatos at gmail dot com) (Mythrandir)
Möller / David / Germany / 473599624 (coldcrow)
Münch/ Jan / Germany/ 243004798 (payron)
Hellmann / Lukas / Germany / 125432429 (helle)
Stahl / Gerry / Germany / 145444190 (vazdru)

coldcrow

coldcrow (TPS) 2 : 0 Mythrandir (Myth's 5CC)

Game 1:
He wins the roll. I land a Monolith of a Tomb and take a peek at his hand with a Inq. of Kozilek. Turns out he has nothing but answers and a Jace so I take the STP (Needle would have been better). He exiles my grave with a Bog. In turn 4 I decide to go all in: Frantic Search, Gitaxian Probe, Spellweaver Volute, Rite of Flame (volute casts search) let me see 5 cards have good mana but FAIL to find a tutor. I have to sheepishly pass the turn back with a tapped mono.
Myth casts needle, I dream and forget to untap mono. I find top. Several turns draw-go until he plays a Doran, I spin the top and see Lim-duls vault, cast it and rearrange cards so i have force and grim tutor on top.
My combo turn: Draw force, cabal rit, myth drains, I force, IGG, volute triggers probe, draw grim, IGG resolves: rite of flame, cabal rit, tutor -> cast rit, cast rite, volute triggers vault, cast grim, volute triggers cabal rit, get tendrils, cast tendrils for 10 storm. Phew!

Game 2:
He dodges my T1 Thoughtseize with a BS. Draw-Go for 4 turns until I have 6 mana on board and he just cast a Goyf.
I decide to go for it. EoT gifts meets leak, which meets cabal ritual. Gifts gets Helm of Awakening, Rain of filth, regrowth and dark rit. Myth gives me Regr. and Rain.
Combo turn: rite of flame, tap city, play island, play Rain of Filth, regrowth and play helm, play IGG, get rits and gifts, play Rituals, play gifts for 3 tutors and petal, cast tutor, cast tendrils and GG.

Good games.

GoblinPiledriver

I just realized that my ICQ Number is still  330386576 the other number I mentioned was my DCI number(which seems to be more relevant for me).
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Grixis Control vs. Mythrandir 5cc

2 - 1

G1: We both played rather bad. The game involved G.E. Archmage switching sides, but eventually Mythrandir just had more business.

G2: He was manascrewed and I had fast tutor for Crucible and Dust Bowl locked him out.

G3: He went aggressive with Tarmo and got Archmage against my Grave Titan when his internet went off or something. We desided to start over as I wanted to play more.

G4: I drained into big Jace and he had to use all his resources answering it. Creeping Tar Pit ate him alive.

Tabris

Tabris Grixis Control vs Coldcrow  2:1

1st Game: Realy long and intense game with a lot of new cards (birthing pod, phyrexian metamorph)but at then end, his jace 2.0 win him the game since I was drawing in my last turn both jaces but with no blockers left.

2nd Game: I just had enough answers to his board (control magic, treachery, skinrender)

3rd Game: He was holding a one lander hand, with green zenith which got him t1 arbor and t2 stoneforge which got SoFI but I was able to accelerate and play starstorm and his board was empty except for one land and the sword. After some grinding I´ve had thopter combo online + wurmcoil which got saved by mental mistep (stp).

ggs.

Tabris

Tabris (Grixis Control) vs Peeler (Pattern Rector) 2:0

1st Game: I´ve got enought countermagic + acceleration and he is mana screwed.

2nd Game: No action from his side besides some discard and I´ve got enough pressure with mulldrifter,wurmcoil engine, mystical teachings.

ggs

Nastaboi

Nastaboi GURb Scapeshift vs. Peeler GBuw Persist Combo

2 - 1

G1: He got 2nd turn Birthing Pod and set up infinte life combo with Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Kitchen Finks and Nantuko Husk. I had Venser to interrupt it, and followed with Jace TMS into Infernal Titan. The titan went all the way.

G2: I had 1st turn Zenith Arbor, 2nd turn Cobra + Brainstorm, 3rd turn Primieval Titan + Demonic for Scapeshift - but he gained infinite life. He had to use Tainted Pact though, and I killed his guys hoping to deck him, but he proceeded to draw Witness and set up kill with Murderous Redcap.

G3: I accelerated into Oracle of Mul Daya which showed Scapeshift on top of my deck. Peeler Pathed it and I chose not to search as I had six lands already and wanted to draw 'shift, but he got some life buffer in form of Obstinate Baloth. We traded some blows but eventually I drew 7th land and finished him off with Valakut + Slagstorm to head.

Vazdru

helle (UW-Control) vs Vazdru (Elves!)
0:2

1: he won the roll and started with tapped hallowed fountain, i've had savannah and llanowar elves T1 followed by wren's run vanquisher + cradle. mental misteps countered my elves of deep shadow and he had looter il-kor ready for quality advantage. unfortunatly for him he had no answer for cradle so i've obv had some tempo-advantage on my own. eladamri, stoneforge mystic (sofi), scrb ranger and mutavault joined my army quickyly, imperious perfect finaly closed this book.

2: missed my one drop so he countered my first elf (devoted druid). he played sea gate oracle while refolles was the first elf on my side. as roffelos walked the path to exile masked admires replayed him together with mutavault. mutavault and fresh played gaea's cradle were answered by back to basics. fortunatly he missed the counter to keep away garruk. shakles were nice too but winter orb made the things difficult for him again. primal command (garruk + untap cradle) kept shakles away (top + shuffle), day of judgement was an answer just for a short time. some small dudes (tarmogoyf, wirewood symbiote), Sofi and garruks ultimate were too much to handle

ggs  
Far below the earth

Payron

Tabris (UWr control) - Payron (4c goodstuff)

First game: He was scrwed on 2 lands and Maze ... I started with aether vial - wordly tutor for stoneforge which gave me a batterskull - and crop rotation for his maze - but he recoverd with crusible - force of will for my gifts - vendillion clique on my bounced batterskull and he saw that I had a force of will with no blue card. But I had a garruk which killed him with his ultimate.

Second game: He was srewed on 1 island and 3 plains ... and I took him the card advantage with duress ... In the end a Garruk with his tokens + Primeval titan killed him.

0-2

sry for my blaming ... and sry for your mana screw both games!!

Payron

Peeler (neoractor) - Payron (4c goodstuff)

First game: I play first round Abor elf and passes my second turn with a tapped land - he played 2. turn sakura, on my 3. turn I played then Garruk + entap 2 lands + winterorb. After I countered his Vindiate with Mana Drain he conceded.

Second game: He had insane boost with 3 mana elves and I had a noble hierach second round tutor for FoW Which countered his Natural Order. The turn after he played fauna shaman on which I responed with gifts on Paralex waves - Venser (I had karaks) - explosives - Birthing pod. He gave me the Waves and Venser, after that I played venser in my turn to bounce his Fauna shaman. He played now the fauna shaman + nantuko husk. I played in my turn the waves which met vindicate but in response i removed my venser and bounced his husk. Then I had time to play my Primeval titan which met StP. He searched for Melira and played the green Pact for kitchen finks which gave him endless life. I was lucky and holded a Winterorb and he had only 2 elves left because of his order.

gg's

0:2

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Vazdru Gwb elves
2:1

Game 1: I start and play nothing relevant. he starts and plays some elfs and then tutors cradle which ramps to deranged hermit. Meanwhile i tried to play EE but i'm unable to play it sac it, so on his next turn he green comands it to top and shuffles it. I'm left at 2. I went for gifts ungivne, but i was just too low on life and color screw.. had a jund charm from the beginning.

Game 2: I'm able to stall the game with some removal and shriekmaw. Etched oracle really gave me some CA since i was using volrath stronghold. In the end this CA really gave me the edge.

Game 3: He mulls down to 5 and i kill 2 of his mana elfs, but in the meanwhile while he starts to get flooded.  I'm also bit stuck on my mana base which an acidic slime doesnt help, however i have a 6/7 goyf (which cant attack because of the death touch) he plays garruk and creates some tokens. I have gifts and went for ajani vengeant and eventually kill his horde of 3/3's and started dealing damage with goyf.

A bit of frustating games. Besides game 2 either me or him (especially the 3rd game) had horrible manabases. frustation leads to mistakes being made and well...

Better games next time, buddy!