Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season X

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2010, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4nd0m1z3r

4C Zoo vs UWr (e-san) 2:1

G1 he has some removal before my Kird Ape is joined by Noble Hierarch and Sword of Light and Shadow. He doesnt draw more than 3 lands. 1:0

G2 is a long and tedious game, as he locks me down with counter, removal, Ghostly Prison and finally Teferi's Moat. His Trinket Mage gets Top before Gideon and Venser+Karakas win for him. 1:1

G3 he has Wall of Denial, but I resolve Ranger of Eos and get Scute Mob and Figure of Destiny. The Mob gets O-Ringed, but my figure hits twice for full value before getting chumpblocked by his wall. All he has is Washout for white, which gives me back Scute Mob ftw. 2:1

ggs

-jFk-

-jFk- (MBC) vs Georg (RG Beatz)

I win the die roll and have quite a slow hand with hypnotic specter and beseech the queen as cheapest spell. He starts with goblin guide (i play maze) into kird ape. I draw Damnation and feel quite comfy with it when he plays tangle wire on turn 3. next turn he plays blood thirsty 3/3 trample and when i finally manage to play the wrath with lots of removal on my hand an the possibility to stabilize my life he burns the last 6 life out of me.

I start again in the second game.. this time with fast Top, which safes me a couple of life, because he has first turn black vise which usually is quite a good shot against this deck. His tarmogoyf gets played and the turn after boosted by two burn spells aimed at my face, so i unmake it. Next turn I play Sorin Markov. He shoots some unmotivated 2 or 3-damage-spells at him and even place jackal pup, which he realizes to be not as good as he might has expected it in the first place, when I shoot it out next turn, also giving him two damage and dealing two life to me.. too.
Oona only seals it formally next turn.

Game 3 he has Llanos followed by burnspell and shock land and then giant solifuge. I start with expedition map and kill his two guys with infest on my third turn.
I have Inquisition, decree, nekrataal and ashes to ashes so nothing to worry about ... if it wouldn't be for sarkhan vol.
my next turns inquisition reveals obstinate baloth, which fortunately i cannot discard (onto his side of the table a.k.a. battlefield). He plays it anyway next turn and attacks with it after the gracious allowance of sarkhan the merciful. i get my coffers out and play nekrataal for baloth. i have exactly 6 mana at this point and no more lands on my hand. additionaly i have all is dust, so i have to deside wether to play the nekrataal or beseech the queen for another swamp. the fact that i'm down to seven already helps with the decision. next turn he has wild nacatl AND tarmogoyf - i block the latter with my nekrataal.
Now i really need land, and i even get a swamp, which gives me a total of 8 mana and the choice between decree (to handle both guys and draw 2 cards) or all is dust (to handle all his cards... he has no hand at this time). first i prefer the decree to draw more business, because i can handle sarkhan (and his maybe dragons) with all is dust in the next turn but then i realise, i have four life and i don't want to risk it that he draws a creature, which could kill me.
The turn after (he has jungle lions) i search sarkhan sorin again, which slowly and painfull (not for me btw.) wins the match.

Thanks for the great games!

Mythrandir

Quote from: -jFk- on 15-09-2010, 03:03:49 AM

The turn after (he has jungle lions) i search sarkhan again, which slowly and painfull (not for me btw.) wins the match.

You probably mean sorin, no?

-jFk-

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (5C-Alara-aggro)          vs          Coldcrow (UW-Controll)
2:0

Game1:
After spoiling I had a hand with 4 Lands, Fyndhorn Elves, Birds of Paradise and Knight of the Reliquary. I played early the Elf my opponent played Knight of the White Orchid.
I could only attack once with the Knight of the Reliquary then Coldcrow  played Faith Fetter's on my only offensive creature. Meanwhile I drew a Land, Tidehollow Sculler and Llanowar Elves. The Turn after Faith Fetter's I play Aven Mimeomancer and was able to attack with a offensive again.
My Tidehollow Sculler died and Clodcrow gained his Fabricate back. He played Fabricate on Oblivion Stone and Vedalken Shackles from hand. I played Magma Jet and  saw Figure of Destiny and Jund Hackblade. I choose to keep the two cards both and in the same order. My opponent stealed my Aven Mimeomancer and played Maze of Ith. With my final attack I could bing Coldcrow on 1 life with help from Jund Hackblade. After this the board was cleared with Oblivion Stone.

Then the final endgame begun. In seven  to ten rounds I draw Lands, a single creature , Rancor and Sword of Fire and Ice. Coldcrow played Crucible of Worlds and drawed Cards with Horizon Canopy  preparing to attack me with Celestial Colonade several times for the win. As he attacked me with Colonade for the second time he used the mana from Horizion Canopy and payed this way his last lifepoint.

Game2:

I began this Game with Goblin Guide and another critter which I couln't remember. Then Colcrow played Elspeth 1.0 and I was forced to attack her several rounds to protect myself from her. He  wasted my only white source of mana leaving me only Taiga, Mountain and Wasteland. In response I played Eladamri's Call to Bloodbraid Elf. The Elf died to two Soldiers, The Cascaded Tidehollow Sculler took away one of his key cards till end of the game. Leaving him with Baneslayer Angel and Trade Routes.
Then Coldcrow played the Budgetslayer-angel and  I found a Fetchland for Vindicate. Then Trade Routes from Coldcrow appeared and my Magma Jet showed my Mother of Runes and Oblivion Ring. I choosed to keep both for not drawing to much lands.  Coldcow laced down Exalted Angel, right target for O-Ring.
Finally my Garruk allowed me to play Rafiq of the Many and  Shriekmaw finished the game  before Coldcrow's Sphinx of Jawar Isle could do too much.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Goblindriver Zoo
2:1

Game 1: he starts with bop, i start with tabernacle. He plays watchwolf and fails to find aa 3rd land for quite some time. In the meanwhile i played loxodon + pridemage and start beating. He killed my pride, and played soltari soldier but i played garruk and stirring wildwood + loxodon dealt the final damage. his mana screw early on + tabernacle saved my day.

Game 2: he plays one of those "mirage" mages (green one) i played swamp he played stweard of valeron, i failed my 2nd land. Finally i got tolaria west, but he played ajani vengeant again with one 1 land, fortuntely i had pithing needle. My next turn i played talisman, but by then he had over 4 damage in the table and i was low on life.

Game 3: I play island he plays shockland tapped, i play rishadan port and tap his land on upkeep. he plays another land and passes. I play a talisman and counter his lotus cobra on his turn with mana leak. He eventually plays ajani vengeant, but i played eot eladrmi call -> trinket mage -> pithing needle (seriously, this card has become very good in our format). I played jace and he does nothing fancy, but killed my PW, i play eternal witness on my jace, he kills it again. Eventually he makes 2 creatures drop, which responded by playing damnation on my side. At his EOT gifts for some lifegainers, kept exalted angel + FOF. Played exalted and after that i had too much CA.

Apart from the mana screw problems, GG.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS JFK MBC with G

Games were yesterday, so i hope i don't write anything wrong...

Game 1: I play an aven mindcensor in response to his fetch, after that he plays a thoughseize, choosing necromancy. Meanwhile the bird deals some damage and he tries to kill it, i play venser on my bird (alredy had karakas in play) and again start to deal some damage, next turn goyf, he eventually goes for an all is dust but forgets about my karakas -> venser -> all is dust. GG.

Game 2: he starts with a bojuka bog, which i find weird, so my 1st turn is wasteland on his land. he then plays bayou and skips a few land drops. meanwhile i go for gifts but he plays shadow of doubt (ouch), on his turn he plays mind shatter for 3 which cleans away my hand (at this point i start to wrry, since i went from full control, to no control), however he was low on life (7) and i had nantuko monastery and he played a necropotence and drew 3 cards (4lf) i attacked with nantuko he played smother (which i sincerely thought he had, but i risked it anyway), after this he didnt' drew anything relevant except for some removal for my threats, but now he had to draw some more card leaving him at 1lf. I topdeck a fire//ice and it was GG.

thanks for the games

cedzoh

cedzoh (rb goblins) vs vazdru (uw ctrl) 2:0

g1: he starts
first play is on turn 2, when he counters my slavering nulls. turn 3 i play vexing shusher. he plays ancestral vision. i attack with shusher and try earwig squad. it gets dazed. he just replays land (still on 2 lands). i play goblin death riders and lavamancer. he gets his 3rd land and bounces deathriders with man-o-war. i kill it with lavamancer, get in for 2 and play deathriders. he plays back to basics (2 of my lands cant untap). i play frogtosser and attack for 8. he palys kitchen finks (7life). i play marsh flats and fetch a dual. now i can play bushwhacker with kicker for the win.

g2: he starts
this time he is not screwed but color screwed (only white). first play is turn 2 wall of omens. i play piledriver. turn 3 i attack with it and kill wall of omens after combat with chain lightning. i than play tattermunge maniac. he plays day of judgement. i play warren instigator. he plays baneslayer angel. i attack into it with 4 mana open. he does not block and i bring ma auntie and aunties snitch into play. he attacks me to 13 and he goes to 22. he than ousts my lord. i attack with snitch and instigator. than i play sword of light and shadow. he attcks me down to 11. he is at 22. i replay mad auntie and attack for 8. he attacks me down to 6 and goes to 19. i equip sword to instigator. and attack him and get goblin king and piledriverinto play. he takes 14. he is at 5 i am at 8. he again draws no blue source and concedes.

mws rly likes me.

Tabris

Tabris (RDW) 2 vs  ColdCrow (4c Staxx) 0

1st Game: Pretty brutal for him. I start with T2: Ank of Mishra T3: Sulfuric Vortex T4: Blistering Firecat (and he used a fetchland).

2nd Game: I have to mull to 6 but got quite a good hand and no need for another mulligan. I start with Jackal Pup, Molten Rain. He get a Moat on the board after that a bitterblossom, smockestack and burning of Xinye. I had just a Redcap on the table which got eaten by the smockstack. He had only one land + signet. I was holding two lands back on my hand and start refilling the board after he saced the smokestack. Some turns later and some burn later he is on 3 with elspeth + garruk + moat on the board and I´ve got a earthquake which finishs him off. Funny thing I´ve accumulated ball lightning, thunderblust and skizzik on my hand but couldnt play thim bc of Moat :D

ggs.

Payron

George - 4c control vs Payron - Reanimator

First game: we had some trades and played from the top .. I had the better board but was on 1 life ... he played the 4/4 flying man land and I could reanimate my Woodfall Primus but he just activated it and it was game because I got the Primus + Sundering titan so no blocker

Second game: he had a pretty heavy start for me but in the end I could get my oath back and reaveld some fatties and could reaniamte Iona for white spells

Third game: I had a third turn Simic Sky Swollar but he could deal with all of my threads in the end a top deck renaimator won me the game (btw he was mana screwed this game)

1:2

peeler

nastaboi (RWB aggro) 1 vs peeler (hotbant) 2

played on 2 different days so i only remember game 3

here he had in the end a fully developed Figure of desteny but i drew from the top elspeth and o-ring to win this on

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS payorn reanimator

Game 1: he starts with underground se, next turn undiscovered paradise + noble hieararch. I start with land, top, then wastelandon his underground sea, which really slows him down. Meanwhile he plays a "looter-like" creature i go for eladarmi call -> FTK -> noble. he plays recurring nightmare i play pact of negation. My next move is a glen which in response he plays FOF, keeping an exhume. he plays exhume + oath which are both countered by glen. Next turn ajani vengeant even cripples him more. At least a gifts for some burn give me the win.

Game 2: he plays barren mor, i play tropical island, he plays duress -> necromancy (would have been great vs reanimator...) and academy ruins! i played tabernacle and play crop on my tabernacle for wasteland on his barren, and he conceded. In his top 10 he only had a chrome mox and a land... =/

Sorry for screws.

Nastaboi

Quote from: peeler on 25-09-2010, 11:35:52 AM
nastaboi (RWB aggro) 1 vs peeler (hotbant) 2

played on 2 different days so i only remember game 3

here he had in the end a fully developed Figure of desteny but i drew from the top elspeth and o-ring to win this on

1st game I Duressed him seeing only fetchlands. I drew Demonic and fetched Aven Mindcensor. He continued to drew just more fetchlands.

2nd game he drew Gideon on low life and stablized with it and KotR. I drew no burn to deal final 3 dmg and he Gifted TFW.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5cc VS Cezdoh BR gobos

Game 1: he starts with lavamancer, + bitterblossom i play some lands including maze and HIDE/seek his bitterblossom, he played goblin matron for a gobo that destroys lands, meanwhile i tutor for jund charm via demonic tutor. he kills my maze, but i clear the board, and i'm left at 8lps, next turn he plays patriarch bidding (ouch!!) and i didn't even have a single creature in grave, fortunately i see a exalted angel on a EOT impulse, plus i topdeck gideon jura. eventually the angel deals enough damage along with a tutored lightning helix. GG, very close.

Game 2: he starts with lavamancer again + piledriver. i played STP on his piledriver. meanwhile i counter his goblin recruiter and play glen alendra, and then pridemage. Glen gets killed with shriekmaw and now i'm low on life with a creature i can't deal with. However a nice FOF, reveals me etched oracle and i'm able to stall the game a bit, until a jace followed by gideon was just too much for him.

Thanks for the good games. First one, was really close, specially after that bidding.

peeler

peeler (hotbant) 2 vs -jfk- (MonoB splash G Control)

First game he screwd me off with hymn turn 2 hitting my 2 lands in hand, and he was able to resolve phyrexain arena which CA jaust killed me.

Second Game i over powerd hes answers with jace II, garruk, glen eledra archamge

Third game i put guy after guy which he always was able to handle, but after FoF on my side he missed an answer to Rafiq.

ggs