Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Naya-Zoo)    vs    Utopiamann(Boros-Enchantments)
2:0

Game1: Utopiamann is beginning
T1: Wasteland              --  Figure of Destiny
T2: Porphyry Nodes      -- 
T3:Mishra's Factory      -- Kird Ape + Soltari Trooper
T4:                              --  Sarkhan Vol
T5:  Earthquake(X=3(including Sarkhan)  -- Tangle Wire
T6:                              --  Kami of Ancient Law
T7: Tithe(Plains)           -- Goblin Guide     .....

I won with Sarkhan Vol and Tangle Wire.

Game2: Utopiamann is beginning
T1:                             --  Mother of Runes
T2:                             --  Isamaru, Hound of Konda
T3: Porphyry Nodes     --  Grim Lavamancer
T4:                             --  Granger Guildmage
T5:Magma Jet(Isamaru)  --  Colossal Might((Guildmage)(re Ligthning Helix))
T6: Monk Idealist(Porphyry Nodes)  --  River Boa
T7: Ajani Vengeant(River Boa)  --  Qasali Pridemage
T8: Swans of Bryn Argoll  --   Lightning Bolt(Swans) + Tarmogoyf
T9: Rhystic Lightning(Swans)  --  Chain Lightning(Ajani) + Sword of Fire and Ice
T10:Seal of Cleansing(Sword o.Fa.I) + Incinerate(Swans) -- Boggart Ram-Gang
T11: Transcendence             --  Kami of Ancient Law(Transcendece)  ...

I drawed the second and the third land at round3 and 4, so I was a little screwed at the beginning and I thought there would be no victory for me.
As i played Colossal Might, Utopiamann shoot down the creature targeting it. The losing spree even continue with my River Boa got shot down by Ajani Vengeant.
At this point I thought I really lost.
But then came the turning point. Utopiamann played Swans of Bryn Argoll, I played Lightning Bolt on it getting 3 cards, including the third Land and Tarmogyof.
Tarmogoyf started 3/4. Next Round I shot with Chain Lightning Ajani Vengeant down. So my Tarmogoyf was 5/6. Finally Utopiamann shot my new Sword of Fire and Ice down with Seal of Cleansing, so my Tarmogoyf finally becomes 7/8.
Utopiamann drawed 7 cards with 2 burn spells, luckily he didn't found a proper removal for Tarmogoyf.
At the end Utopiamann(down at 2 life, but with 8 cards), he played Transcendcence and thought he was save.
I had also 7 cards so I played Kami of Ancient Law to kill him.

GG's
Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

marchhare

mr.green (ugw/b-oldschool survival  ;)) - marchhare (5cc) 0-2

G1 was one week ago, i cant remember many facts, but i killed him in the last moment after he was using his genesis + removal creature a couple of rounds.

The second game i kept loa plus bird and 1 fetchland.
He started beatdown with a turn 2 rhox war monk, but i could afford to go down to under 10, and took over the game by playing survival, and garruk + glen elendra archmage the next two turns.

thanks for the games  ;)

The_Ocean

The_Ocean(Reanimator) vs. marchhare (5cc)
I win 2:0

Game 1: It was about a week ago, but for what i can remember i reanimated a phantom nishoba and i think it whent all the way.

Game 2: I gat a really good hand on the draw, but he had LoA on the play, coincidently i had one to on the draw, on my second trun i played careful study, 3rd turn reanimate sundering titan, 4th turn reanimate Bogardan Hellkite, and that was that.

ggs all the way.

PuTe

Jfk (ww)  vs. Pute(reanimator)    1:2

in game 1 i could play oath and oathed iona against a ww.... it was close (becuase of his shadowcreatures) but later with an phantomnishoba it was over.

in game 2 i could only use kederekt leviathan again and again...but in the end i lost (city of brass against rishadan port sucks!)

game 3...he took 2 mulligans and i had animate dead + kederekt leviathan + library + bazaar and so on...

gg and sorry for this short report

The_Ocean

The_Ocean(Reanimator) vs. Utopiaman(Boros)

Game 1: I had entomb for Woodfall Primus, 2nd turn played dande of the dead on it, killing a land, meanwhile he had a Figure of Destiny that was geting biger, i wasn't untaping my primus so i could play some spells until finally i drew a Pernicius deed, that cleared the field and my primus came back with a
-1/-1 counter, after that i reanimated a Hellkite and that was game.

Game 2: I had a second turn Oath with an orchad, and he played land tax, we bouth stayed with 2 lands for a while, i revealed of the oath a psychatog and played a hermit druid of my own, the druid helped pump the psychatog, and with a counter in hand just in case the tog hit for 18.

GG's, and really enjoyed the games.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Naya-Zoo)   vs  Vazdru(UWG-Oath)
2:1

Game1:
Starting with first round Kird Ape, third Round Wooly Thoctar which got countered, and then Tangle Wire. Vazdru managed to play Idylic Tutor for Oath and killed my Kami of the Ancinet Law. So he won.

Game2:
I played a second Turn Rip-Clan-Crasher, together with Mishra's Factory and Treetop Village I started beating on Vazdru, while he had a Maze of Ith to defend himself. Later I supported this strategy by playing Elspeth for 1/1 soldires. Then at 6 life he played Empyrial Archangel, supported by Coaltion Relic. In my Round I answered with Knight of the Reliquary and Winter Orb.Vazdru starts beating my Elspeth. The Knight defeats Vazdru's Maze of Ith. A round later my creatures killed Empyrial Archangel. Vazdru laid down Solitary Confinement with only Sensei`s Diving Top as support. 2 Rounds before he had to safrice the Confinement I draw Qasali Pridemage. So I won.

The programm crashed directly on starting the third round so I can only report the things I remember.

Game3: Vazdru is beginning
T1: Sensei's Divining Top   --  Akrasan Squire
T2: Faerie Conclave          --  Qasali Pridemage
T3: Crib Swap                  -- Chain Lightning
T4:Idyllic Tutor(Oath)        --  Tarfire
T5: Oath of Druids            --  Oblivion Ring(Oath)
T6: Bloodbraid Elf((Stormfront Pegasus)(Elf get Condescend))  --   Ponder +  Land Tax + Crop Rotation(Faerie Conclave to Maze of Ith)
T7: Garruk Wildspeaker + Tangle Wire  -- Renewed Faith
T8:Skyknight Legionnaire + activating "Overrun" from Garruk   ...

I play fast 2 creatures and remove Oath with Oblivion Ring. Later I can play Garruk and Tangle Wire to prevent him playing Wrath of God. Finally I topdeck a haste creature and with Overrun I even win against Path to Exile.

Good and though games
Greetings Piledriver.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

PuTe

Vazdru (ugb ehhhm survivalcontrol? sorry) vs PuTe (Reanimator)

First Game: In the first game i was nearly without a chance..Combination of beater and counter kills me.

2nd: Again it was really close..But with Double animate-spells (1 was countered by manaleak) i get his spikeweaver to survive until i can play living death.........with maaaaany creatures in my gy

3rd. Again Living Death rescued me. I was on 3 life and got many strong beaters including ancestors chosen.
I was going to loose against his lotus cobra, life from the loam, wasteland, manadrain....starthand (it was about that)I guess i was lucky there ;)

gg's

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (UGB-Landfall)   vs Cadaj (GRU-Survival)
2:1

Game 1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1: Anecstral Vision            --  Birds of Paradise
T2:                                     --  Llanowar Elves
T3: Sensei's Divining Top      --  Troll Ascetic(get Miscalculation)
T4: Sakura-Tribe Elder          --  Sword of Light and Shadow(Troll Ascetic)
T5: Wickerbough Elder         --  Char(Elder) + Troll Ascetic
T6: Trygon Predator + Vendilion Clique(against Volcanic Hammer)  --  Treetop Village
T7: Birds of Paradise + Thirst for Knowledge  --  Werebear(get Spell Snare)
T8: Shriekmaw(Llanowar Elves)  --
T9:  Fact or Fiction(P1:Maze of Ith,Condescend P2:Man-o'-War,Treachery,Mox Diamond)  --  Sword of Fire and Ice(get Condescend 3,so not countered)
T10: Primal Command   ...

There were a race between Troll Ascetic and Treetop Village against Trygon Predator and Vendillion Clique. With help from Shriekmaw and counter i won the race. Finally I draw Primal Command ,so he conceded.

Game2: Cadaj is beginning
T1:                                  --  Llanowar Elves
T2:                                  --  Grazing Gladehart
T3: Troll Ascetic               --  Birds of Paradise
T4: Chain Lightning(Gladehart) + Treetop Village  --  Vendilion Clique(against  Murderous Redcap)
T5: Mulldrifter                   -- Life from the Loam(1 cycleland)
T6: Call of the Herd           --  Wall of Roots + Life from the Loam(3 Lands)
T7: Spike Weaver             -- Recurring Nightmare(Bird to Gladehart) + Fact or Fiction(P1:Treachery,Barren Moor P2:Trygon Predator,Island, Lonely Sandbar)
T8: Kitchen Finks             -- Treachery(Spike Weaver) + Life from the Loam(3 Lands)
T9: Tarmogoyf + Gifts Ungiven(P1:Murderous Redcap, Survival o.t.F. P2: Eternal Witness,Regrowth)  --  Demonic Tutor + Worm Harvest(6 worms)
T10: Survival of the Fittest + Loaming Shaman(my grave)  -- Jace Beleren + Solemn Simalcurum
T11: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + survival Squee --  Shriekmaw(Kikki) + Shadowmage Infiltrator
T12: Murderous Redcap(Gladehart) + Werebear + Lightning Bolt(S.Infiltrator(get Counterspell)  --  Recurring Nightmare(Worm to Shriekmaw(Tarmogoyf)) + Recurring Nightmare(Worm to Solemn Simacurum)
T13: Body Doubl(Kikki) + Pestermite   ...

We were stalling, I stole Spike Weaver, then I played Worm Harvest. I played Shriekmaw and Shadowmage Infiltrator. So I had a clock running. As I couldn't counter anything he played Kikki and Pestermite. I should had paid more attention to this possibilty, but I couldn`t imagine this. So I lost.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:
T2: Survival of the Fittest           -- 
T3:                                          --  Fires of Yavimaya(get Remand)
T4:                                          --  Fires of Yavimaya(get Mana Drain)
T5: survival Rampaging Baloths to Solemn S. + Solemn Simulacrum  --  Blastoderm
T6: Wall of Roots + Tarmogoyf  --  Loaming Shaman

Session lost. The situation was in my favor.

Game4: Goblin Piledriver(Mulligan to 6) is beginning
T1:
T2:
T3: Vedalken Shackles    -- Call of the Herd
T4: Wydwen, the Biting Gale  --  Sword of Fire and Ice
T5: Ohran Viper                     --  Tarmogoyf(get Mana Drain)
T6: Jace Beleren                   --  evoke Mulldrifter
T7: Survival of the Fittest + survival Wall of Roots to Genesis to Rampaging Baloths to Shriekmaw  -- Serendib Efreet
T8: Shriekmaw(Efreet)   -- Fyndhorn Elves
T9: survival Vendilion Clique to Sower of Temptation + Sower of Temptation  ...

I was taking a Mulligan to 6, he thought about taking one. He was stuck on 3 Lands, I made a few cards with Ohran Viper and Jace Beleren. Then I could decide the game for me by using Survival.

Game 1 durrated 15 minutes,
Game 2 durrated 40 minutes,
Game 3 durrated 7 minutes,
Game 4 durrated 9 minutes.

Hard and long games
Greetings Piledriver

Tabris

Tabrys (UG Aggro.Controll) vs Mythrandir (5cc)

G1: I was really manascrewed and couldnt find any threats. I ve got a Coatl but he had two Maze of Ith and was able to beat me down with his shriekmaw and Glen Alendra, which counterd also my shackles. After 3000 turns I ve got my 5th land but couldnt do anything with

G2: I was able to beat him with an T2 kitchen finks + rancor. His Tarmogyof was 0/1 thanks to my furnace (both games on my starthand) and so he couldnt do anything. Later he could handle my finks but I was able to grow a 9/7 coatl and beat him to death with it.

G3: 1st Turn Library and I was on the draw. Mana Drain, Tarmogyof, Furnace, Back to Basic, Misty Rainforest and Compulsive Research was on my starthand...so after a few turns with much library abuse, I was able to get b2b online + counterbackup and just bash him with my tarmo.

gg´s

The_Ocean

The_Ocean(5C Good stuff) vs. Nastaboi(250)

Game 1: I have him under some presure with Garruk tokens and a Harmonic Sliver, he had Liliana Vess, and used the -2 geting him Mind Twist, i lost my hand, he then used the ability again geting Battle of Wits, i draw a Lonely Sandbar cycle it and top deck Trygon Predator, he then shows me the Battle of Wits he draws from the planeswalker but its to late, that was one clutch topdeck.

Game 2: I have a Harmonic Sliver destroying a signet, I had a cople of counters and so did he, he had a Dust Bowl killing my Bayou that i tap to play Intuition, geting Witness, Regrowth, and Back to Basics (all his lands where non-basic) he gives me witness since he killed my second Green land, but like a champ i topdeck again, riping a Forest, play witness geting BtB, with two lands open, on his turn he taps all his lands exept one to play Tidings, and i had the counter, on my turn i play the BtB and go all the way with witness and Sliver.

I got really lucky 1st game, but felt they where bouth close games. GGs

MrGreen

MrGreen 5c Survival vs Randomizer Rgb GoblinCombo 2:1

Game 1
I got 2 lands and countered his Piledriver with my Mana Drain. Then I was able to cast an Loxodon Hierach but I had no more luck and did not get any more lands and he killed me.
Game 2
He played Survival and Charbelcher. The game looked nearly lost but I found solutions for both. I got back into to game and his Confident did enough damage to made the game mine.
Game 3
Last one was long and exhausting. He tried to start his combo but I made it very hard with a Needle for his Kiki Jiki and a Deed which destroyed most of his Goblins. In the end I won the game.

Olord

Cadaj (Zoo) 1:2 Olord (RDW)

Game 1 we trade some creatures and burnspells until he gets a 4/5 goyf and I play bloodmoon+magus of the scroll+Everlasting torment. So I can slowly defeat his goyf, but he manages to burn me out before I can kill him.

Game 2 he is mana-screwed and I kill him after roasting some weenies.

Game 3 I am Manascrewed and he beats me for a while, until I finally get lands, lots of creatures and board control. However, he is on 22 and I am within range of two or three burnspells. Since he has 4 cards in his hand, it's very thrilling, but unluckily the server totally crashes and we cannot reconnect.

Game 4 I've got a good start with the right amount of lands, creatures and burn and after some battling I can overwhelm his defenses.

very nice and close games, sorry for the crash though.

r4nd0m1z3r

r4nd0m1z3r (Goblins) 2:0 The_Ocean (5CC)

G1
T1 Mountain, Jeweled Amulet, Charge it -- LOA
T2 Mutavault, Goblin Recruiter. EOT: draw -- Fetchland
T3 Volraths Stronghold, Goblin Ringleader. Sac Fetchland for Bayou, Tainted Pact finding Daze, Force of Will the Ringleader removing Daze -- Land
T4 Aunties Hovel, Boggart Birth Rite on Ringleader, ATT: Recruiter -- Misty Rainforest finds Volcanic Island, Noble Hierarch. EOT: Charge Amulet
T5 Ringleader. Mana Leak ATT: Recruiter -- Kitchen Finks, Vesuva copying my Stronghold, killing both.

At this point, he started attacking for 4 with Finks and I was down to 3 lands, but he was low on cards in hand and I had Goblin Warchief, Frogtosser Banneret, Siege-Gang and Kiki-Jiki waiting on top of my library. In my hand I still had a Mogg War Marshall and a Stingscourger. So, I draw and play Warchief, but it too gets countered/destroyed. He plays Draw-Attack-Go and I resolve the Banneret together with Mogg War Marshall.
Over the next 2 turns, with the help of my Amulet, he cant stop SGC from entering play, and when I go Matron into Prospector into Kiki, its looking really good for me. He plays Arc Lightning on my Kiki, but I have a Mogg Raider in play to counter that. He concedes.

G2
T1 Fetchland -- Swamp, Chrome Mox (Goblin Cadets), Lackey, Senseis Divining Top.
T2 Island -- UPKP: Top ATT: Lackey -> Matron (Kiki), Firelit Thicket, Bob.
T3 no land -- ATT -> Kikicomes into play, Taiga, Mogg Raider. EOT: Tainted Pact finding Bloodstained Mire.
T4 Mire finding Volvanic Island, Arc Lightning (I sac the Raider and the Lackey to make Kiki 4/4). EOT: Kiki copying Matron (Goblin Chieftain) -- UPKP: Top finding Worldly Tutor, revealing it with Bob and playing it to find Goblin Piledriver.

Then I realize I am one mana short for Chieftain and Piledriver, so I activate Kiki on Matron, finding Goblin Warchief ftw.

Anyways, Im starting to like this place. Friendly players and exciting matches. s33 y4

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (4C-Blood)   vs r4nd0m1z3r (MBC)

Game1: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1: Birds of Paradise       --  Innocent Blood
T2: Steward of Valeron    --  Hymn to Tourach(Brion Stoutarm, Llanowar Elves)
T3: Woolly Thoctar         --  Dark Ritual + cycled Decree of Pain
T4:                                --  Mind Shatter(2 Lands)
T5:                                --  Thoughtseize(re Tainted Pact to Wilt-Leaf-Liege) + Mutilate
T6:                                --
T7: Ajani Vengeant         --  Pithing Needle(ajani)
T8:                                --  Yawgmoth's Bargain draws 5 cards  ...

I had a good start with Steward and Woolly Thoctar. Randomizer made it hard for me with discard and Multilate. At the end I played Ajani Vengeant, he Needle. Finally Randomizer played Yawgmoth's Bargain at 6 life. But he didn't find anything for life so I won.

Game2: Randomizer is beginning
T1: Mox Diamond + Night's Whisper  --
T2: Coercion(idylic Tutor)                  --  Saffi Eriksdotter
T3:                                                 --  Qasali Pridemage(Mox Diamond, Saffi to Pridemage) + R. plays Tendrils of Corruption(Qasali Pridemage)
T4: Oblivion Stone                           --  Loxodon Hierarch
T5: Chrome Mox                             --  Treetop Village + Survival of the Fittest
T6:                                                 -- Eternal Witness(Survival) + Survival of the Fittest
T7: survivaling for Combo                  --
T8: Crypt Champion      ...

Survival against Oblivion Stone . I won with help from Eternal Witness and Combo.

GG's
Greetings Piledriver

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Battle of Wits - Olord RDW

2 - 0

I kept Ghostly Prison, Kitchen Finks and lands mulliganing the rest. I smiled as he opened with Jackal Pup and Genju. Top found me Baneslayer Angel and enough protection to keep it for four swings.

I drew Battle in my opening in the second game, and had enough basics to avoid dying to Price of Progress. Fast games!
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)