Main Menu

Watch list

Started by stony, 28-02-2011, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stony

I rly dont understand why a card like Arc-Slogger isent on the watch list 4 this format.
Dunno if you ppl agree with me but alot of decks can tutor it in and if you cant counter og kill it right away it wins the game.
A card that is powerfull enough to win games alone should atleast be watched...
Woop Woop

Tabris

Nastaboi

Tabris answered already, but I try to be a bit more constructive.

1. It cost 5 mana, two of which is coloured. At 5 mana, you expect your card to really do something. Which brings us to...

2. It does nothing the turn it comes into play blocking excluded. Unless you have red mana up, making it effectively cost 3RRR or 3RRRR. Which brings us to...

3. It needs your deck to be half mountains to be effective, which means you cannot play that many good spells (= blue ones). Which brings us to...

4. It dies to everything. Counters and bounce work well do, as well as winning before it hits.  Which brings us to...

5. It does not win the game in spot. Even in ideal scenario (opponent has nothing) it's a two-turn clock at best. Which brings us to...

6. There are just too many better cards, that don't require so much building around. The reason why Slogger sees almost no play is that cards like Jace TMS, Natural Order, Knight of the Reliquary etc. are better in vacuum - and much much better to build your deck around. One more point:

7. If you want to be taken seriously, please make an effort to write in English. At least try to white while words.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Tabris

Nasta,

you are so conciliable :>

Maggot

Quote from: stony on 28-02-2011, 02:06:53 PM
I rly dont understand why a card like Arc-Slogger isent on the watch list 4 this format.
Dunno if you ppl agree with me but alot of decks can tutor it in and if you cant counter og kill it right away it wins the game.
A card that is powerfull enough to win games alone should atleast be watched...

I love the Slogger and I believe it deserves a spot on the watch list as a homage to its greatness.

Cheers

Maggot