Main Menu

BWG Recursion

Started by Maximus, 12-03-2009, 11:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Hi all
I'm new to this site, but have used it for references many times in the past. Here is my current Highlander deck and i would like to know what people think of it and any suggestions are welcome.

1cc
Entomb
Enlightened Tutor
Worldly Tutor
Swords to Plowshares
Path to Exile
Thoughtsieze
Raven's Crime
Land Tax
Crop Rotation

2cc
Hymn to Tourach
Gerrard's Verdict
Survival of the Fittest
Life from the Loam
Regrowth
Sakura Tribe Elder
Demonic Tutor
Darkheart Sliver
Viridian Zealot
Tarmogoyf
Oversold Cemetery
Withered Wretch

3cc
Putrefy
Mortify
Pernicious Deed
Vindicate
Unmake
Squee Goblin Nabob
Eternal Witness
Armadillo Cloak
Knight of the Reliquary
Kodama's Reach
Darksteel Ingot
Kitchen Finx
Necrotic Sliver
Sword of Fire and Ice
Sword of Light and Shadow
Recurring Nightmare
Troll Ascetic
Krosan Grip

4cc
Wrath of God
Damnation
Ravenous Baloth
Calciderm
Chameleon Colossus
Garruck Wildspeaker
Ajani Goldmane
Loxodon Heirarch
Necrataal
Faith's Fetters
Solemn Simulacrum
Armageddon
Harmonize

5cc
Genesis
Spirit Monger
Indrik Stomphowler

6cc
Kokusho the Evening Star
Yosei the Morning Star
Exalted Angel

7cc
Krosan Tusker

8cc
Decree of Pain

"X"cc
Martial Coup
Mind Shatter

Land
Forest x7
Swamp x7
Plains x5
Bayou
Overgrown Tomb
Godless Shrine
Temple Garden
Elfhame Palace
Miren the Moaning Well
Maze of Ith
Wasteland
Volrath's Stronghold
Krosan Verge
Urborg Tomb of Yawgmouth
Shizo Death's Storehouse
Karakas
Golgari Rotfarm
Terramorphic Expanse
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Bloodstained Mire
Polluted Delta

That's the whole list. I know it's 101 cards, but from what I've tested so far that one card hasn't made a big difference.

Mythrandir

well, it looks ok, here´s a few suggestions:

Lands.
- elfhame palace
- terramorphic expanse
(i dont think you need these in a 3 color deck)

+ cycle lands (you already play LFTL, if you use the cycle lands, you get one of the best draw engines around)
+manlands? treetop, mutavault, factory are all good additions, you shoud teste some.

1cc
Looks fines, but you don't use that many "reanimate", so i'd probably cut entomb (add a tutor instead: beseech the queen, eladarmi call..)

2cc.
looks fine

3cc
-armadillo cloak

+aven censor
+stonecloaker
+harmonic sliver

4cc
looks fine

5cc
- indrik stomphowler (harmonic sliver is better, IMO)
+ shriekmaw, one of the best removal around
+reveilark (only if you optimize the deck around this)

6cc
looks fine

7cc
looks fine

8cc
i wouldnt use that..., you´re better off with something like bane of the living

xCC

mind twist if better than mind shatter...Knowing the banned list is tech  ;D

Overall, i think you could have some reanimation around, like animate dead, necromancy, etc, etc.

you should also check the deck clinic better, because there are plenty of similar decks in here. there might some good sugestions there.

Maximus

I have been eyeballing cycle lands recently so I will take you suggestion on that, the man-lands, T expanse, and elfhame palace. I'm not using mind twist because its banned and I could not find one when I thought it wasn't banned. The entomb is there for either genesis or if I have survival and can't find squee. I'll test it without entomb for a bit though if I don't add necromancy, animate dead, etc. I completely forgot about harmonic sliver and bane of the living. I really liked aven mindscensor when it was in, I took it out to test all of the PWs (all of which are fantastic!). Do you think that necrataal and shriekmaw is too much or would it be good with both? There's really only two aggro decks in my meta (a RGW zoo and RG bad tokens/wants to be fast aggro/wants to be midrange) and the rest are some form of control or the one RDW that kills on turn 4-5 WITH disruption. Thanks for the input!

Mythrandir

You should definitely go with the cyle lands! works great with LFTL.

You have survival on the table and can't find squee? :P like i said, a tutor would serve better, IMO.

PW are power cards, you should definitely keep those, but try adding the censor (instead of the armadilo cloak)

Yeap, harmonic is quite good, and you also carry +2 slivers, so it could even be better.

I prefer shriekmaw over nekrataal, you just have to see if you need both.

Also you might consider adding shred memory -> good grave removal + uncounterable (yeah, i know there's stifle) tutor for survival.

Maximus

I don't know why I didn't put in the cycle lands. Adding them for sure and aven mindscensor. I know the cycle lands from urza's aren't as good as the onlslaught, but how do you feel about those?
There's a slightly low critter count (24 total) so sometimes I have survival, but no squee or critter to get him. :-[
I'm gonna take out necrataal and put in shriekmaw.
Shred memory.....hmmmm.... that tutors out 14 cards from this....gonna squeeze that in too.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Maximus on 15-03-2009, 12:10:12 AM
I don't know why I didn't put in the cycle lands. Adding them for sure and aven mindscensor. I know the cycle lands from urza's aren't as good as the onlslaught, but how do you feel about those?
There's a slightly low critter count (24 total) so sometimes I have survival, but no squee or critter to get him. :-[
I'm gonna take out necrataal and put in shriekmaw.
Shred memory.....hmmmm.... that tutors out 14 cards from this....gonna squeeze that in too.

well, you have 3 cycle lands from onslaught, so i dont think the urza's ones are necessary.

Like i said,in you deck entomb is very limited. if you play with eldarmi call/beseech the queen, you can still get squee or another creature to go after squee, just my opnion ;)

Let us know how it did with the new modifications...