Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboad - Season XIV

Started by Vazdru, 23-01-2012, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

Tabris (UR-Counterburn) 2 vs Syras (4c Goodstuff) 0

G1: I was struggling with mana but got eventualy some damge trough via archmage and vendilion clique and right before he could get infinite card/tempo advantage
via SoFI and SoFaF I drew price of progress.

G2: Had only Chandras Phoenix and Pestermite and got tripple discarded. But at the end Ruination finished him.

ggs.

Georg B

LasH (GW Tokenmania) vs. Georg (HermitPlasm)

1:2

G1: He got Parallax Wave plus new Garruk. I found no answer to his answers. ^^

G2: Turn 1 Hermit via Elvish Spirit Guide. Took me to turn 3 till I could activate cause I neather had black mana nor 2 creatures in play.

G3: Chord of Calling with Force backup. I knew he had Path to Exile.

Syras

43:

Syras (High Tide) vs With-Full-Force (4c Aggro) 2:0

G1: I use High Tide to resolve an early Future Sight and get the High Tide back with Relearn. He has Stoneforge Mystic which I Remand. Then he has Aven Mindcensor (fetched with Demonic) but i have Cryptic to bounce it and slow him down. This gives me enough time and Future Sight gives me enough gas to go off.

G2: He fetches Aven Mindcensor with Demonic and I fetch Back to Basics with Demonic. He beats be down to 6 and slows me down a bit more with Winter Orb but Back to Basics gives me so much time that I can easily go off once I found an answer to Mindcensor (Treachery).

Syras

44:

Syras (4c goodstuff) vs LasH (Staxx) 2:0

G1: I have Turn 2 Edric but he slows me down a lot with Propaganda. The game drags on very long because he gains a lot of life with Wurmcoul but I can bury him in card advantage with Jace TMS + Snapcaster + Eternal Witness + Intuition and Life from the Loam. He concedes when I finally fetch Wasteland with a flashbacked Intuition.

G2: He has turn2 Grim Monolith into turn3 Gilded Lotus + Garruk WildSpeaker. I mana drain his Academy Rector on turn 4 but he can resolve a Rhystic Tutor.  I use the extra mana to fetch Phyrexian Metamorph with Tainted Pact which copies his Gilded Lotus and play a Glen Elendra Archmage to hopefully counteract his Tutor Target. He has Jace TMS and Destructive Force which i both counter with Archmage and then I use Bribery to get his Wurmcoil Engine. He can delay the game a few more turns by copying Wurmcoil with his own Metamorph and stops my Creeping Tarpit + SoFaI with Maze of Ith but then I find Qasali Pridemage for the last wurm token and Needle for his maze.

ggs

Nastaboi

45: Nastaboi UW Stoneblade vs. LasH WG Tokens/Enchantress

2 - 1

I won the roll but was facing two leylines before I even got to play a land. He played some do-nothing enchantments and I even countered one. I got some pressure with Emeria Angel but he countered with Sacred Mesa. He didn't have much mana though, and I got some damage in. Meanwhile Jace, TMS started giving me more edge while he drew nothing of relevance. I countered his Sylvan Scrying for Sanctum with Cryptic tapped his guys, and he had to play Confinement as a fog. I dropped Archmage and he scooped it up after peeling his top card.

I had multiple counters G2 but LasH going first meant that Argothian Enchantress could resolve uninterrupted. He drew some cards while I set up Jace, TMS once again. He got Squirrel Nest combo but let me untap before making any, so that I could Cryptic Command bounce his plains in response to the first activation. Unfortunately, he had Zenith for Deranged Hermit as a backup. I struggled couple of turns but could not find Wrath.

I had Mirran Crusader, SoFI and even some countermagic to boot. LasH even had removal for the sword, but one hit was more than enough for him to recover.

Not so gg's but a nice brew :)
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

LasH

46: ChristophO TPS vs. LasH Esper Artifact

1-2

Game1: He went in combo when i was on 22 life. He had bad luck with mind-desire showing 5 lands out of 7 cards (1 tutor 1mox). He managed to release a tendrils in the same turn for 22, but i had a sword to plowshares and exiled my sphinx of steelwind. I won by lightning greaves on blightsteele colossus 2 turns later.

Game2: I saw a oath game 1 and kept a bribery hand, which i played and found..nothing. That move cost me the game, bc i was a round to late at my beatdown. He went into combo and killed me.

Game3: We played a bit around, he tryed to combo but fizzled. I was able to stabilize with tezzeret on 5 and 4 artifacts in game when he was on 0 handcards. He topdecked turnabout and could survive tezzeret ulti. He was not able to comeback from 0 handcards and i removed his graveyard, so he did the cc.

Very long games, where i didnt had much to think or to do, but a nice m8.

ChristophO

47: CristophO (UBg OathLoam) vs Payron (Staxx) 2-0

G1:
I have a counter heavy hand with Forbid and kill with Mishras Factory countering all Buisness spells of the Stax deck.
G2:
I am landlight and survive an early Tanglewire because Payron only has a Batterskull which I can handle with Maze of Ith.
I resolve a Jace2.0 and Payron concedes quickly after.

48:
ChristophO (Oathstorm) vs With Full Force (4c Blood aggro) 2-1
G1:
I try to sculpt a hand for Ywagmaths Will into a double Digit Minds Desire. My Mox Diamond gets destroyed by Vithian Renegades and a Magus of the Moon follows in the same turn locking me out. I know I have no outs and concede.
G2:
I accelerate with a Signet. Tidehollow sculler takes my Divining Top leaving Fact or Fiction. I cast T3 Fact or Fiction revealing Oath which I play on T4 surviving the aggro Decks T4 with 2 life. I mill my complete Deck and win by shuffling Will back in and winning with Tendrils.
G3:
I have LED plus Transmute spell for two. With Full FOrce starts with fully powered Nacatl. On T3 I transmute and sacc LED in response for GGG playing Oath. I drop to 3 in the next attack step but am lucky that both enchantremoval and burn is not avaiable. With Full Force concedes.

Georg B

49:

Georg (5c ABC) 2:0 Payron (Stax)

First game he had Stoneforge Mystic, but thanks to Dark Confidant, I got solutions to each card he had. Copied his Batterskull with Phyrexian Metamorph and destroyed all his creatures.

Second game was a crazy draw, especially because Stax plays not many spotremoval. So my Birds attacked turn 3 with Sword of F&F. Later Sword of F&I joined the pary.

PS: I created a new deckname: 5c ABC, because a kid in elementary school can build this deck. ;) Just take the best...

ChristophO

50:
ChristophO (Pattern Rector) vs GeorgB (Ceph Breakfast) 2:1
G1:
He has quick combo on T4 I believe. I die to huge Redcap Mimeoplasm
G2:
I resolve Scavenging Ooze and have quick CLock, he scoops.
G3:
He only has three lands, one of them a forbidden Orchard. I Eladamris Call for SfM for Mortarepod and kill a LOT of stuff. I win with wheenie Beatdown.

GGs

LarsL

Me (Mono Blue Faeries) vs. Cadaj (UGB Reanimator)

Game1:
He reanimates a Turn 3 Jin Gitaxis on the play, I Control Magic it the next turn. Draw 7 for both of us, he finds a Removal for the legendary Creature, I find a Bribery :)

1-0

Game2:
I counter his turn 2 Hermit Druid, but after an Intuition he can play a turn 5 Victimize for the win (after stripping my hand with two discard spells)

1-1

Game3:
He seems to be light on Lands and loses a lot of tempo with Loaming for Fetchlands, while i get a Vendilion Clique and a Calcite Snapper into play. I got counterspells for his reanimation spells and beat him to death with my creatures.

2-1

malz77

52:

georg (ww) - malz77 (rdw)

1st game: he starts with mother of runes, I answer with goblin guide and an attack (he shows ranger of eos). 2nd turn Loyal Cathar for him and Sudden Shock for the mother. Ge goes on with Sigiled Paladin and starts the Race with the grown Cathar. Stagger Shock for the Paldin, Knight of the White Orchid follows. Stagger shock for the Cathar and Koth for the rerace. More Dudes for him and a kicked Breath of Daraigaaz cleared the bord except for Knight of the holy Nimbus. Keldon Champion and Cursed Scroll and a little burn were better then Ranger of Eos and his fellows + Kor Firewalker. Cursed Scroll = MVP

2nd Game: I can't win against turn 2 Kor Firewalker + SoFI and mother and and and and

3rd Game: Scorched Rusalka featuring Sword to Plowshares as first action. He has Crusade while I have Zo-Zu the Punisher. I can kill his Elite vanguard  via Fire Ambush and had Smash to Smithereens for Porcelain Legionnaire. Keldon Marauders and Flames of the Blood Hand were faster than his SoFI on the Monk.

GG

1-2

LarsL

Me (Mono Blue Faeries) vs. Syras (Ub High Tide)

Game 1:
I am able to stick a Jace 2.0 and hinder his combo attempt with Force, Shoal and Counterspell. Shortly after my Snapcaster Mage beats him to death

Game 2:
I got a turn 4 Spellskite equipped with SoFaI, he manages to go off against a Mana Leak on his High Tide turn 5 by pacting it. In the combo he fizzles, i bash him, he untaps draws and i tell him he didnt pay for his pact. We continue and he can't go off early enough again before Spellskite eats him.

2-0

ChristophO

Game 54:

ChristophO (Pattern Rector) vs LarsL (Green based Ramp?) 2-0
G1:
LarsL wins the die roll but has to mulligan in a slow 6 card hand. I play T2 Bitterblossom, T4 Acidic Slime thanks to cradle and keep Lars from casting spells. He scoops shortly adfter.
G2:
I play T1 Noble, T2 Bird + Viscera Seer, T3 NO -> Hulk Combo
LarsL ramps into a Garruk, Primal Hunter but has no interaction for the combo and is tapped out because of Garruk.

Thx for games

Game 55:
ChristophO (UBg OathLoam) vs Peeler (4c Dread Return)
Game1:
I have Oath plus disruption but die to quick combo
Game 2:
T1 Discard stops his Discard and makes sure he has no quick combo. I resolve Sylvan Library and find Loam with Intuiton to lock him out of the game.
Game 3:
See Game 2.

2-1

Thx for games

LarsL

56:

Me (Mono Blue Faeries) vs. WitH]FuLL[Force (4c Aggro)

Game 1 he starts with Kird Ape into Stoneforge on the Play and i already see this game lost, but can recover with Shackles, because i had the Misdirection for his Putrefy. Back to Basics locks him finally out of the game.

Game he starts with a turn one Mox Diamond into Goyf, i can Dismember it, Drain his Elspeth and land a Turn 3 Bribery. Shortly after my Jace Fateseals him into oblivion while he keeps drawing lands.

2-0

Vazdru

57:

Georg (WW) - Vazdru (Team America)

1st: I won the roll and started T1 with Duress and Mental Misstep, i've had Loam (which worth nothing during the whole long game), Garruk II was my first nonland card on the board (and matchwinner) followed by Liliana II. Unfortunately for him he was screwed bout 4-5 turns on 2 lands so i was able to to protect my planeswalker. I've made a mistake (?!) while playing Tombstalker and tap all lands + remove 4 cards in gy so he played Mana Tithe. I put the big guy into the gy but I'm not sure anymore if i couldn't remove just one more card from my gy in response. Anyway i got a nice army of Wolfs, Shriekmaw and after Demonic he conceded.

2nd: He started with Figure, Umbra+Pump Figure, Mentor and then Armageddon. I've had just Intuition for Fow, Daze and Repeal in Response but he was too fast for me as I've had just Thrun and Obstinate Baloth.

3rd: I've started with Land+Hierarch, he had tax. I've denied second land drop and just attacked. He played another land +  loyal Cathar, I played Factory + Putrid Leech. He played O-Ring for Hierarch + Wasteland. I've had Inquisition + Cabal Therapy for two of his little duded leaving him with Hyena Umbra + Parallax Wave. He had Kor Firewalker next turn, i played Disfigure + Diabolic Edict when he played Wave. He had no real preasure so Wave ticking away while i play Tombstalker, Mutavault, Shirekmaw, Liliana II.    

1:2
Ggs.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.