Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XVIII

Started by Vazdru, 06-07-2013, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Results, reports, linked videos ...

Current season uses an enlarged cardpool.

Tolarian Academy and/or Mystical Tutor are allowed to play in matches of Season XVIII !

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-ahxh_VoQPdDBxVExJZG0yRHZYQkExZEtOaktsc1E&authkey=COHGnbsD&hl=en&authkey=COHGnbsD#gid=4
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

GoblinPiledriver

Match 1 of Season 18 has already ended.
Goblin Piledriver(wet-Jund-Scapeshift)  vs  Vazdru(Aura's of Bant)  2:0

Game1:     Me                  Vazdru
T1: Search for Tomorrow    --     Mirri's Guile
T2: Into the North         --     Voice of Resurgence
T3: Shriekmaw              --
T4: Scavenging Ooze        --      Eladamri's Call
T5: Intuition for(Bayou,Scapeshif, Yagmoth's Will) I get Bayou  -- Thrun, the Last Troll
t6: Eternal Witness + Scapeshift

gg in turn 6

Game2:
I started with Search for Tomorow and Sylvan Library. Vazdru's first play is in turn 3 Birds of Paradise with 2 Plains and the topdecked Savannah. Then my assault began with Bloodbraid Elf which cascades into Lotus Cobra.
Vazdru played Thrun, the Last Troll (like last game). So my chance to win the game quickly was over. I topdecked Acidic Slime and destroyed his fourth mana. Next turn we both played Scavenging Ooze for stalling the board, I had additional an Eternal Witness but with her i only got an Arid Mesa back.
Then Vazdru topdecked his third land a Tundra, and with it he played Elspeth, Knight Errant for stalling the board again. I found Rakdos's return in the Sylvan Library and destroyed so his Hand and his Elspeth.
Vazdru topdecked nothing relevant, and I played Primeval Titan and a 6/7 Tarmogoyf. In the last relevant turn I played Thundermaw Hellkite destroying his fourth mana source Birds of Paradise and attacked with almost lethal 13 damage.
This game ended in turn 9.

GG's
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Syras

Syras (UBG Oath) vs Goblinpiledriver (Staxx)

G1:
He plays some signets but is screwed on two lands. I use Mana Drain to counter a Jace, Architect of Thought and the additional mana enables me to play Pernicious Deed and blow it up in the same turn while still leaving up mana for a counter. On his turn I counter his Grim Monolith. A few turns later he concedes when I fetch Life from the Loam and Wasteland using Mystical Teachings on Intuition.

G2:
I have Pernicious Deed in starting hand again but I wait some turns till I show it to him. I counter his turn two Grim Monolith with Spell Snare to prevent an explosive start. On turn three I transmute Muddle The Mixture for Life from the Loam. He has a lot of mana stones, Crucible of Worlds, Trinket Mage and a Senseis Divining Top . When I play my deed on turn five he responds with a Gideon Jura. I make a mistake by tapping out for the deed activation because I somehow think that it kills the Gideon too. This gives him the window to search for Impending Disaster with Enlightened Tutor and play it out. On my turn I dredge loam, return a land to my hand and reanimate his Trinket Mage. He has no landdrop after his disaster triggered but his gideon hits me down to 2 life. I play my fetchland go down to 1 and kill his Gideon with Gastly Demise. A second land on my next turn enables me to get Loam going which puts me too far ahead since he does not draw lands for a few more turns and I also beat him down with the Trinket Mage. He concedes when I transmute Tolaria West for Wasteland.

2:0 deed for the win!

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood-Aggro)  vs  Pacifist (RDW-Sligh)  2:1

Game1:
T1: Deathrite Shaman            -- Suspend Rift Bolt
T2: Fauna Shaman                -- Ember Hauler
T3: Arc-Trail                   -- Vexing Devil + Firefist Striker
T4: Lightning Bolt + Dark Confidant --  Stromkirk Noble + Akki Avalanchers + Spark Elemental
T5: Fire Covenant               -- Tattermunge Maniac
T6: Garruk Relentless           -- Ball Lightning
T7: Huntmaster of the Fells

Finally I'm on 3 life and Pacifist draws another land so he can't kill me.

Game2:
T1: Grim Lavamancer              -- Loam Lion
T2: Vexing Devil                 -- Flinthoof Boar
T3: Rakods Shred-Freak + Shard Volley -- Abrupt Decay
T4                               -- Watchwolf
T5: Lightning Bolt               -- Putrid Leach
T6 : Reckless Abandon

At the end Pacifist was still on 16 and I was much lower on life.

Game3:
T1:                              -- Vexing Devil
T2: Voice of Resurgence          -- Lightning Mauler
T3: Noble Hierach                -- Rakdos Shred-Freak
T4: Loxodon Smiter               -- Dismember + Heartlash Cinder
T5: Huntmaster of the Fells

Pacifist was again flooded and I was semi stable on 6 life.

Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood-Aggro)  vs pyyhttu  (Dimir-Reanimator)  2:0

Game1:
T1: Mirri's Guile                --
T2: Scavenging Ooze              -- Tainted Pact (Fizzled after 2 Snow-Covered Islands)
T3: Aven Mindcensor              -- Gitaxian Probe + Drowned Rusalka
T4: Deathrite Shaman + Wasteland --
T5:                              --

pyyhtuu didn't found the right combination of spells and his Tainted Pact fizzled.

Game2:
T1:                             -- Noble Hierach
T2: Underground Sea + Ponder    -- Loam Lion + Wasteland
T3:                             -- Woolly Thoctar(Catched Daze)
T4: Brainstorm                  -- Knight of the Reliquary
T5: Merfolk Traders + Phantasmal Image -- Parallax Wave
T6: Snapcaster Mage + Brainstorm

I destroyed his only black source and he found the second black source too late for playing Reanimate.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.