Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboad - Season XV

Started by Vazdru, 01-07-2012, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

please see below

Enlightened Tutor and Lion's Eye Diamond are legal in HLL 15
number the matches consecutively
Feedback appreciated, especially how the mentioned cards influenced the games if so

Scoreboard you'll find here:
Scoreboard

and now have some fun

participants:

Eifler / Timo / Germany / 124867234 - Syras
Stahl / Gerry / Germany / 145444190 - Vazdru
Barwisch / Timo / Germany / 103909240 - malz77
Luckhaupt / Lars / Germany / 460059842 - LarsL
Schütte / Paul / Germany / 290732300 - Cadaj
Georg / B / Germany / 621985573 - GeorgB
Deutscher / Markus / Germany / 313659918 - oschmael
Lehmann / Ronald / Germany / 358198900 - hitman
Korbel / Jochen / Germany / ICQ will follow - goblinpiledriver
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

LarsL

Oschmael vs LarsL, Basicland Lifegain Bant vs. RDW

Game1
He starts with a Noble Hierarch i can't kill, we trade some other creatures and burn spells and a Restoration Angel mid combat wins him the game on 15 life

Game2
Again a Turn 1 Mana Producer, again no answer by me. I flood a little, but manage to get him exactly to zero due to some sloppy plays of him.

Game3
I have the goddraw, while he is a little flooded. Cursed Scroll alone deals about 10 dmg, the other spells are enough to take the other half.

2-1 ggs

Syras

#2 Syras (GBW Rock-Tokens) vs Vazdru (UB control + Buried Alive combo)

Game1: I start with turn1 Zenith for Dryad Arbor. On turn2 he stifles my Fetchland and my Nest Invader gets dazed. My turn3 Knight of the Reliquary gets Mana Leaked but I manage to stick Liliana of the Veil on turn4. Liliana eats both our hands until he reanimates my Nest Invader and starts hitting her. He then also reanimates my KotR with Necromancy. I fetch Harmonic Sliver with Zenith which gets rid of the Knight again but he still bashes me with Nest Invader. I draw Academy Rector which he attacks into because I also got a Sword lying around. I fetch Phyrexian Arena and the card advantage I gain from that wins me the game.

Game2: He holds a one land hand with Duress and Top while I have a 5 land hand with Demonic and Thoughtseize. He starts with Duress and takes my Demonic. I refuse to play my TS on turn1 because theres no turn2 play I fear from him and I got no threat which I must protect. He must have felt very relieved when he could play his top on turn 2 (had I known his hand I would have decided differently :)). I draw Tidehollow Sculler and take a Ponder leaving him with Jace Beleren, Careful Consideration, Reanimate and Necromancy. I bash him with the Sculler and two Tokens from Lingering Souls while he finds Lands and slows me down with Tabernacle. I play a Gideon which gets bounced and make two more Tokens with Lingering Souls flashback. In the end he does not find a solution for my Spirits fast enough which ensures me the win despite being a bit flooded.

2:0

Vazdru

#3 goblinpiledriver (5C-Aggro) vs Vazdru (UB-Buried Alive-Combo-Control)

Game 1: He won the roll and started with some duals and critters. I play Tabernacle to slow his development, have some counter & bounce to stay alive for a while. Consuming Vapours + Tribute to Hunger gave me some necessary extra life to stay in the game. When I'm on 4 lp and he was almost tapped out i transmuted Drift for Back to Basic. He can pay one mana for Tabernacle and played another land for the chance for another attack in next round. But when i killed his attacker he conceded.

Game 2: I'm screwed on Black, he is too fast this time and his critters take me down in just a few rounds.

Game 3: I'm screwed again, but killed his T1 BoP, Counter on Turn 2, Turn 3 for Demonic, search for the missing third land (U-Sea) and reanimated BoP. I'm able to counter his land destruction (Vindicate) but lost a land to Wasteland (active Knight). I'm still able to play ooze. With 13 lp left and no hand card i top-decked Beseach the Queen with exactly 3 lands in play for Buried Alive. He isn't able to kill me or the ooze in the next round so i combo off right in time.

1:2

Threepeat  ;)   
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Syras

#4 Syras (High Tide) vs Hitman (Hermit Combo)

G1: I play turn3 Vendilion Clique which gets dazed but that lets me resolve Jace TMS on my 4th turn. He playes Hermit Druid on his turn which I bounce with Jace. I search for High Tide with Dizzy Spell and play Lim Duls Vault at the end of his turn to set up the combo. He has dispell but I got mana drain and then enough gas to secure the win.

G2: I have turn1 Top. He has turn2 Hermit Druid but luckily I have Force of Will. On his next turns end step he searches for Cephalid Illusionist with Eladamris Call while I am tapped out for a draw spell and Top. This playes perfectly into my Back to Basics. I return Force of Will with Call to Mind and he scoops shortly after.

I have to say those were some pretty lucky draws for me.

Syras

#5 Syras (UR Skies) vs Cadaj/Teegx(Elves!)

G1: I have a Turn2 Coralhelm Commander which stops many of his 1/1 elves from attacking and attack myself with some 1/1 flyer. He plays some elves and a LOT of lands until he fetches Regal Force with Pact of Summoning and directly casts it. As I have no counters to stop him I just tap out for Sword of Feast and Famine and hope that I can maybe race him. On his turn he pays for the pact, searches for Craterhoof Behemoth with Fierce Empath and attacks me with his Regal Force. I have exactly 4 mana to equip my commander (still level 0) with sword, kill two of his elves with forked bolt, bounce one with Vapor Snag and finally steal the Regal Force with Control Magic after attacking with sword (hes on 10). This prevents him from killing me with the behemoth and on my next turn I can equip the Regal Force with sword to make it unblockable and make my commander a 3/3 flyer to attack for lethal.

G2: I have a lot of burn in hand but no red mana and only a single Mindshrieker to attack him. He has turn1 nettle sentinel and turn2 Eladamri which beat me down. I find red mana a bit to late in the form of Chrome Mox for which I have to remove one of my burn spells. I manage to slow him down a bit but then he finds Craterhoof Behemoth again which is enough to kill me this time.

G3: I have the nuts against him: Grim Lavamancer. I start with turn1 Vial which puts the Lavamancer into play and play a turn2 Looter Il Kor. In his end step I put Phantasmal Image into play which gives me a second looter and hence infinite food for the Lavamancer. He tries to come back with a 3/3 Joraga Warcaller but when I show him my Razorfin Hunter he scoops.

2:1

ggs!

Syras

#6 Syras (GBW Rock-Tokens) vs goblinpiledriver (5c Aggro)

G1: My starting hand is 5 lands, Phyrexian Arena and another expensive spell which I cant remember. I know what hes playing and decide to keep 3 lands and take 4 new cards resulting in 5 land hand. I still do not know if i should have kept the arena but I am maybe keeping 2 lands instead of 3 would have been the right call. He has a pretty good start with Mother of Runes and Fauna Shaman. I have Llanowar Elves and Tidehollow Sculler (which takes his Wooly Thoctar) and hold a Tainted Pact. When he plays Bloodbraid Elf into Noble Hierarch on his 4th turn I decide to get Zealous Persecution with may tainted Pact to decimate his board. I end up with 7 cards left in my deck which is not enough to beat his Elspeth in time.

G2: I have a land heavy draw again but manage to slow him down by killing his Noble Hierarch with Shriekmaw and his Savannah with Vindicate (keeping him off of white mana). He plays Kitchen Finks and Fauna Shaman which deal me some damage. With Elspeth Tirel making three soldiers I try to slow him down but Elspeth dies to a Lightning Bolt after two of the soldiers blocked his attackers. When I draw Humility on the following turn and even a Sword of Fire and Ice on the next one my hope comes back. He trades an elf, his finks and the shaman for my Soldier and we play draw go for some turns as he is still a bit screwed and I draw only lands. Then he has Garruk Relentless making a Wolf just before I kill him with my own Garruk Relentless. After some more turns he finally finds his second white source to play his Elspeth which kills me shortly after.

0:2

Syras

#7 Syras (UR Skies) vs oschmael (Hot Bant)

G1: He starts but has no play on turn1. I play Mutavault an Chrome Mox on my first turn and counter his Sylvan Library with Force Spike. He misses his third land drop and plays Scavenging Ooze while I have Vendilion Clique. I let him keep his hand of: O-Ring, Flame Slash, Jace TMS and Bloodbraid Elf. As he does not draw his third land for the rest of the game, it is quickly over.

G2: I counter his turn1 Noble Hierarch with Mental Misstep and he has no play for turn2 while I keep up 2 lands for Mana Drain. I counter his Shardless Agent on turn3 whichs cascades into Brainstorm. With the extra mana I cast Serendib Efreet and Sword of War and Peace. He kills the Efreet with Flame Slash but misses his 4th land drop. I look at his hand with Gitaxian Probe which reveals Mana Drain (he has only one blue) Swords to Plowshares and Electrolyze and then I play Sword of Feast and Famine and Delver of Secrets. He kills the Delver with Electrolyze but he still does not draw his 4th land. On my turn I animate my Mishras Factory and hit him with the BG sword to leave open all my mana since my last card in hand is Venser Shaper Savant. He still does not draw a land and passes with 3 mana up. I play Venser EOT to bounce his only white source which he lets resolve. On my turn I hit him down to 1 with both swords equipped to Venser and he concedes in his next draw step.

To summarize: my draws were pretty optimal and he was screwed both games  :-\