Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboad - Season XIV

Started by Vazdru, 23-01-2012, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

28:

Tabris 2 (UR-KikiJiki) vs Cadaj 0 (Naya)

G1: I was able to get shackles down on t3 with mana drain and killed his early mana dude which denied his 4th mana for quite some time together with cryptic backup and some creatures I was able to finish him.

G2: Draw go game until I had enough mana to simply combo him out with Pestermite and Splintertwin (which were on my starting hand)

ggs

Vazdru

29:

cadaj (Naya-Zoo) - Vazdru (Team America)

1: he rolled 20, i've had 1 - i can handle all his little mana-dudes with removal spells, had wasteland to leave him on 2 mana and resolve Jace II on an empty board so he conceded

2: i've had a package of removal spells with smother, darkblast, shriekmaw + yawmoth's will backup so I've kept board clean since Troll Ascetic came along which won him the damage race, as i was low on lands and Jace II + Yawmoth Will offered no protection

3: I've had a decent hand with 3 mana, Snapcaster, Tainted Pact, Removal and Counter. Dryad Arbor, Putrid Leach,  Snapcaster (2x Go for the Throat) put much preasure on the board while he stuck on 3 lands with Elspeth, Ajani, Urabrask and other big dudes on hand.

1:2
apart from screw in all games good ones  
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Georg B

30:

Georg (Hermit Combo) 2:0 Tabris (UR-Counterburn)

Should be a hard matchup but he neither got the burn nor the counters at the right time.

Cadaj

31:

Cadaj vs. GeorgB (Boros vs. Hermit Combo)

Game1:
He casts Ponder an Mulligans by accident, so we have a situation that cant be reconstructed.
I offer him to play this as a Bo5 with me 1:0 to get a fair base and he agrees.

Game2+3:
He combos to fast for me.

Game4+5:
I am to fast for his combo.

3-2

No long descriptions since ... what is there to describe in a Combo vs Aggro MU.
Kinda meh games since the loser had no chance in any off the games.

Georg B

32:

Georg (Hermit) 2:0 Peeler (UBW AggroControl)

First match I could cast Spellskite and Hermit via counterwar. He then had Parallax Wave, but when my creatures came back he conceded.

Second game I won by casting Postmortem Lung with counter back up. He already used some counters, thats why my Hermit was in the grave.
He thought he could stop me with StP, but I do not use the Ghoul... ;)

LasH

33:

WitH-FuLL-Force (Sligh) -  LasH (Stax)  Score: 0-2

Game1:
He had a very aggressive start with a transform 1 drop who turned into 3-2 + spark elemental + 2 manlands.
Stabilize with magus of the tabernacle armageddon + academy rector into nether void made him cc cause he didnt draw his 3rd mana for curse scroll in time.

Game2:

Again i stabilize on 2 life with zuran orb + rising water propaganda lock vs a 6/6 Stormkirk noble. I play chandra nalaar vs the noble and he cc bc my batterskull is rdy to bring me to life.

ggs

DarkLight

34:

WitH-FuLL-Force vs Cadaj
4c Aggressive Pile vs RGu Aggro Controll
[2 : 1]

1st Game:
I was screwed on City of Brass and Basic Swamp so he could Beat me down really fast

2nd Game:
I resolved at turn 3 Garruk 3.0 and Turn 5 Tangle Wire he concede

3rd Game:
He played Burning-Tree Shaman turn 2, I did the same one turn later. I killed his Sword of Feast and Famine with Maelstrom Pulse.
As i resolved a Tarmogoyf he resolved one too one round later but I had Path to Exile so my Goyf won the game really fast

GGs
Formerly known as With-FuLL-Force.

malz77

35:

Cheiud (Naya) vs Malz77 (MonoG Ramp)

Both games turn 3 Natural Order / Progenitus for me  :-[

0:2

Syras

36:

Cadaj (Boros) vs Syras (4c goodstuff) 0:2

G1: I win the roll and start with turn one Arbor Elf. He plays turn 1 Black Vise which only does one dmg to me in the whole game. Turn2 I play goyf and a Creeping Tarpit , he plays Spectral Knight. Turn 3 I have Obstinate Baloth. When I play Demonic Tutor on turn 4 he concedes.

G2: He keeps a one Land hand and gets stuck on 2 lands for the whole game. I take his Price of Progress (which would have given him a chance to win) with Thoughtseize. I attack him with some small guys and he concedes the game with 6 cards in hand that he can not cast.

not so good games since his draws were pretty bad

Vazdru

37:

Lash (Staxx) vs Vazdru (UB-Control feat. Buried Alive Combo)

1st: He won the roll, i've kept a risky hand with Swamp, Mental Misstep, Duress, Daze and Miscalculation, Mana Leak but no further land. T1 Duress revealed Signet, Powerstone, Abyss, Nethervoid - i took signet. As i topdecked the missing island i was in the favorable situation to counter all his manastones and buisness for a while, finally to Tutor for Back to Basics when all his 5 (nonbasic)-lands were tapped.

2nd: This time i've had T1 Inquisition, he revealed Garruk I, Tangle Wire, Burning of Xinye and some lands. He had Rishadan Port and Ancient Tomb and was able to leave me w/o blue most of the time. I played Confidant and Lat-Nam's Legacy. B2B seald his fate once again as he had 5 nonbasics + some manastones and me 6 basic-lands in play. Although he was able to resove a Ravages but had no solution for Dark Confidant anymore.

ggs
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Syras

38:

Syras (4c goodstuff) vs Georg B (Hermit Combo) 2:0

G1: I start with two mana elves and qasali pridemage. He has noble hierarch and shuko. On my 4th turn I play Garruk 2.0 and kill his (equipped) hierarch (which makes garruk flip) and he fetches Hermit Druid with Chord of Calling at the end of my turn which I can exile with path before he untaps. When i fetch scavenging ooze with garruk on my next turn he conces since he was already on low life.

G2: He has turn 1 hermit druid with the help of elfish spirit guide. I have dismember. He plays cephalid illusionist and lim duls vault while I beat him down with qasali pridemage and some spirit tokens from his orchard. When I kill the Illusionist with Maelstrom Pulse he has to mill the cards he set up with the vault (demonic and reanimate). On turn 5 he can reanimate his hermit druid again with unburial rites but I have scavenging ooze again and kill him shortly after.

Georg B

39:

With Full Force (RDW) vs. Georg (White Weeny)

G1: He began and started with Mountain + Goblin Guide. On his second attack I played StoP. I had crusade, Kor Skyfisher and Hero of Bladehold but for both he had removal. When I had Soltari Priest it was gg.

G2: In the end Sword of War and Peace was the silver bullet.

hitman

40: hitman (UB Control) vs Cheiud (RG Beatz)

g1: He starts slow with without one/two drop. I had counter/bounce/removal for his creatures so he cant beat me fast. after Damnation I began to attack with Creeping Tar Pit and Mutavault. He get hands on Raging Ravine wich i have to jumpblock with Mutavault. Yawgmoths will brought back Wasteland. I have lethal on board with tar pit and 5 life while he has 0 hand cards but he draws Violent Ouburst and find Price of Progress so we are both down to zero.

0-0-1

g2: He starts with Arbor Elf wich got countered by Mental Misstep before I wasted his Taiga. Then he played Skyshroud elite followed by Treetop Village and start beatdown. I dont remeber all of this game but i know that Interdict and Venser bought me some time while his Horned Kavu got taken by Treachery and Treetop Village get handled by Trinked Mage (Pithing Needle). I had some beatdown with his kavu and my Mutavault before he puts Sarkhan Vol on the table. Trinked mage jumps the restolen kavu and Mutavault kills Sarkhan. I had Dismember for his last critter and won with Mutavault + kavu.

1-0-1

g3: He starts without one drop but played t2 Stormblood Berserker without bloodthirst. I had t1 sensei's. in turn 3 he played Boggart Ram Gang and starts the beatz. I played Maze of Ith but he has Blood Moon. my life goes down and down before played Fact or Fiction for 3 lands + Wurmcoil Engine + Mana Leak. He was screwed on 3 lands so he make one pile with Mana Leak and another pile with the rest. I take the bigger pile. Next turn i played Bribery for Inferno Titan and killed ramp gang. Wurmcoil Engine gets handled by ancient grudge + hull breach. He didnt found his fourth land or a lightning bolt so Inferno Titan kills him in the end.

2-0-1
ggs

malz77

Tabris

maybe it was a flying creature he had to block  ;D