Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboad - Season XIV

Started by Vazdru, 23-01-2012, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristophO

58:

ChristophO (UBg LoamOath) vs Firestarter (4-5c goodstuff) 2-0
G1:
Firestarter can resolve an early KotR and pressures me with a fetched Treetop Village plus Knight. I can stabilize using Cryptic Command to bounce attacking KotR when Firestarter is unable to recast on same turn. I assemble Forbid - Loam lock after I sweep board with Damnation. Firestarter concedes.
G2:
I Drain a Sylvan Library on Firestarters T3 as his first play and follow up with a Jace2.0. Luckily he has no 1 cmc counter or FoW. I keep the board clear using first Mana Leak than finding Forbid and assembling Jace2.0 Forbid lock. Firestarter concededs again.

Thx for games.

Payron

59:

Lash (BR aggro) - Payron (MBC)

First game: I had discard for his first round drop and he had a hand full of burn, which was way to slow with the mana screw he had. I finsihed him round 5 with combo of Leyline of the Void and Helm of Obedience

Second game: He started with 2/2 creature followed up by Stormblood Berserker. I played second round Dark Ritual for Skinrender. He got some dmg with burn and creatures and i comboed with 1 tutor and mox on turn 5 again (Leyline of the Void vs Helm of Obedience)

0:2

sry for the boring games man :-/

Payron

60:

Tabris (UBG oath) - Payron (Bant aggro)

First game: I had quasali and 3 lands to start with ... 1 land got wasted and then he had lftl engine running with me never finding a land again

Second game: I had aether vial - daze - mana tithe - knight of reliquary - and some lands with also wasteland. I started and found bird for the vial with 1 counter and wastelanded his first land drop with mana tithe mana open, after that I top decked aven mindcensor which "destroyed" his fetchie as he tried to fetch. he could kind of clear the board with black enit supported from drak ritual, but my knight was still alive which finished him of with a Trygon predator later on supported by aether vial.

third game: he handeled everything early game (mana elfe, cold eyed selkie, kira, garruk 3.0, vendilion clique) after he handeld 2 garruk tokens and the beast token from beast within (for garruk) i was able to cast cataclysm and build up advantage with lftl which took for ever to finish because i dreadged buisness away for quite a while and drew lands through cycling.

1:2

Tabris

Payron

Hitman (UB- Control) - Payron (Bant aggro)

Frist game: We did nothing at the start and then he played on his third turn Inquestionen of kosilec which I responded with spell pierce so that he maybe taps out so I can hit Garruk 3.0 on the board and he did so. In the end the token army won the game even when this anoying tabernacle didn t gave me to much space for other actions.

Second game: I had slow start again, and he fixed his mana. at some point I tryed a Aven Mindcensor in response to his searching. He layed B2b after that which I responded with trygon predator but he had Bater in blood which forced me to sac my only 2 creatures. after endless rounds of draw go because we both where shut down from b2b and didn t draw basic lands. I resolved a ozze who won in the and because he had only counters on the hand.

Syras

Syras (4c Goodstuff) vs Nastaboi (RB Aggro)

G1: He starts with a Shrine of Burning Rage on turn 2 and I have Dark Confidant which he kills with Arc Trail on his third turn. I play Sylvan Library and he attacks me with Hero of Oxid Ridge. I stabilize with Green Sun's Zenith for Kitchen Finks but he plays Blood Moon which leaves me with only one green Mana (I had Maelstrom Pulse and Vindicate in hand). I shut of his Shrine with Pithing Needle and play a Sword of Fire and Ice. He plays some more creatures but I can start to race with Sword and Tarmogoyf. Llanowar Elves also gives me a Second green source for Thrun. He takes extra damage from Dark Tutelage and the race becomes pretty tight. He dies when he needs to topdeck a burn spell but reveals a 4-mana spell while he was on 4 life.

G2: He has Grim Lavamancer on turn1 which basically rules the whole game. It kills my one drop mana elf, trades nicely with Kitchen Finks (fetched by Demonic tutor) and even helps to shrink my Tarmogoyf. He beats me down with Flesh Reaver and some one drops.

G3: He takes a mulligan to 6 but has no luck in establishing a good hand with HL mulligan and therefore has to go down to 5. I start with Overgrown Tomb tapped (holding Inquisition of Kozilek back) and play a turn2 Dark Confidant. I daze his Searing Blaze on his second turn and on my third turn I take Blightning with Inquisition leaving him with Incinerate and two lands. He kills my Dark Confidant and I play Vendilion Clique cycling away a Treachery. I start to attack him and play Sorin, Lord of Inistrad which he kills with Flame Javelin. I try to race him with Pestermite but he topdecks Demonic Tutor which finds him Fire Covenant which kills my whole board and puts him to 5. I play EOT Intuition for Life from the loam, Volraths Stronghold and Lingering souls but when i draw an Obstinate Baloth I play that instead. He kills the Baloth with Char and draws Hero of Oxid Ridge. I forget about the blocking restriction of the Hero and play lingering souls instead of the Baloth (returned with Stronghold) which makes the game close again but he does not draw the necessary burn spell and I win shortly after.

GGs

Payron

Syras (4c Goodstuff) - Payron (fast bant)

First game: I started with Noble hierach and he followed up with Llanowar elves, after that I had Geist of Saint Traft, which did pretty good pressure. I followed up with Aether vial and Mother of runes which got taken by his control magic, which blocked my gesit death with the support of edric, but my aether vial brought my ooze into the game at some point to block his edric death. In the end he played Bribery for venser which I bounced with man o war and won the game.

Second game: He had duress which met my Mental misstep. I followed with a Llanowar elve and after that a knight of reliquary. He played Kitchen finks on his 3rd turn but my knight was alrdy 4/4 and as he attacked he run into the Knight which untaped with the help of Scryb ranger. The knight fetched a gaea's cradle and i could lay down my Cold-eyed Selki with counerback up. In my next turn he wanted to bounce my selki as i tryed to play rancor on here, but i had a mana leak for it. This insane card advantage won the game in the end because it showed me just more counter

Payron

LarsL (Mono U with sligth b splash) - Payron (Urw aggro control)

First game: I had preordain to fix my draw a bit, he started with ancestral visions. In my second turn I played Runechanter's Pike, he followed up with Delever of Secrets, but he didn t fliped for 3 truns. I tryed to race him with my Vendelion clique and hit him hard with my pike. In the end I won the race with help of Faerie Harbringer into sower of temptaion and kira which annuled his maze.

Second game: he had top (which won the game i guess) first turn, after that I followed with Ancestral visions. Second turn Delver of secrets on my side which just showed me lands. wie did some turns draw go, but he just had endless counters for fact visons and control magic for transformed delver.

Third game: I had my first drop on turn 3 eot with Sulfur Elemental followed by a stone forge mystic protected with an wasteland which just took his counter mana. With this 2 creatures and a helix for his blocker I finished him pretty fast with force back up

1:2

gg's

Tabris

Tabris (RDW) 2   vs 1   With-Full-Force (5c Aggro)

1st Game: I had a fast start with marauders some burn, Flameblast, Wasteland, Shard Volley and he took 4 damage from the Sylvan Library.

2nd Game: Pretty fast race game between Wild Nacatl and Jackal Pup which was decided by his FTK and Lightning Helix

3rd Game: T2 Ank, T3 Scroll, Chain Lightning + Lavamancer, T4 PoP, Lavamancer + Scroll = gg

Vazdru

closed

overall 66 matches / 162 games this time

thx to all supporters!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.