Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IX

Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payron

Coldcrow (Mono B Control) - Payron (5c goodstuff)

0:2

don t remeber o much .. but it was just that the card quality from 5 color control vs mono color control won :-/

Buddaq (UR Counterburn) - Payron (5c goodstuff)

1:2

I won first game with troll ascteic and swords of fire and ice

Second game he had LoA first round ... and wasn t possible to do enough pressure creatures

Third game I won with good creatures and Volraths stronghold

Mythrandir (5c control) - Payron (Reanimator "GP swiss round winner deck")

First game: I win because I try to reaimate Sundering Titan eot with instant reanimation spell ... in my turn then I can reanimate the Titan and the 7/11 Leaviatan with shroud
.. he had no lands left

Second game: He did some Pressur with doran  ... I tutor for LoA and can counter a spellw ith Mana Drain and then Hardcast a Sundering titan in my turn leaving him with no lands again and next turn blowing up a deed 4 his doran and his artefact mana

gg's @ all

marchhare

Vazdru (4cc) - marchhare (5cc) 0-2

G1 he faces an unfair start with library t1 and t2 birds...

G2 i get t1 bird, t2 mana leak vazdrus knight of .. + brainstorm and t3 lotus cobra plus stacked bloodbraid into maelstrom pulse on his elspeth, he has wrath next turn. i reset with kitchen finks t4 and baneslayer t5 and he concedes.

sorry for the bad luck and thanks for the games  ;)

derStefan82

derStefan82 Bant Oath vs Buddaq Enchantress 2:1

1. Game he was screwed on 3 lands after he lost one through Wasteland.
I had Library and found after some time Elspeth made her job.

2. Game was a hard fight with Oath on my side brought Emrakul but he had O-Ring,
afterwards I got Progenitus which got Moat and he had everything afterwards,
Enchantresses, Remora, Confinement, Sigil so I lost.

3. Game I had Kalni Garden + Top found Polymorph -> to Emrakul he had Parallax Wave,
I had O-Ring, he got Confinement I got Cataclysm for the win.

Thanks for games.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (5C-Alara-aggro)          vs       Vazdru (blackBant-Postsurvival)
2:1

The game crashed in Game3 and I don't had saved the log.

Game1:
Vazdru plays Wasteland against my Plateau, Mana Drain against my Knight of the Reliquary. Afterwards I couldn't supply my offensive enough and got defeated.

Game2:
I had a good start and played Tideholow Sculler to see Vazdrus Hand: Lotus Cobra, Savanah, Thirst for Knowledge, Trinket Mage, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Miscalculation.
He didn't had blue Mana so I choose the Cobra. After some creatures on my side I won.

Game3: I played Tidehollow Sculler and Aven Mindcensor. He had Library of Alexandria. After a few rounds the game crashed.

Game4: Vazdru is beginning
T1:                                                  --  Birds of Paradise
T2:  Wasteland(Taiga)                 --  Steward of Valeron
T3: Lotus Cobra                           -- Flametongue Kavu(Cobra)
T4: Scalding Tarn -- Karakas + Mother of Runes + Vazdru activates Fetchland(response Aven Mindcensor)(and found Island) + V. plays Intuition
T5: Loxodon Hierarch                 -- Man-o'-War(Hierach)
T6: Loxodon Hierarch                 -- Ajani Vengeant    ...

Vazdru tried to screw me with Wasteland , but I had Steward of Valeron plus Flametongue Kavu against his Lotus Cobra. After some Mother and Aven Mindcensor action on my side he played 2 times Loxodon hierach. Finally I shot the last 3 points with Ajani Vengeant.

Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver (5C-Alara-aggro)      vs    Peeler (Naya-aggro)
2:0

Game1:GoblinPiledriver is beginning
T1: AEther Vial                                    --   Grim Lavamancer
T2:  Treetop Village + Goblin Guide  --   Wasteland Kami of Ancient Law
T3:  Tarmogoyf + Kitchen Finks + Aven Mindcensor   --  Ronom Unicorn  + Lightning Bolt(Tarmogoyf)
T4:   Rafiq of the Many + Brion Stoutarm  --    Volcanic Hammer(Rafiq)
T5: Aven Mimeomancer  ...

I had the curve and Aether Vial both fitting with the better creatures. While Peeler was semi-screwed with 3 Lands.

Game2: Peeler is beginning
T1: Stirring Wildwood                               --
T2: Mishra's Factory  + Kami of the Ancient Law  --  Karakas + Steward of Valeron
T3: Lightning Bolt(Steward) + Skyshroud Elite  -- Chain Lightning(Elite)
T4: Grafted Wargear                                 --  Brion Stoutarm
T5: Tarmogoyf                                           --  Bloodbraid Elf(into Vindicate(Tarmogoyf))
T6: Goblin Guide                                      --  Garruk Wildspeaker + Tidehollow Sculler
T7: Woolly Thoctar                                    --  Shriekmaw(Thoctar)
T8:                                                               --  Treetop Village + Sarkhan Vol
T9:                                                               -- Trygon Predator
T10:                                                             --  Path to Exile(Stirring Wildwood)
T11:                                                             -- Demonic Tutor
T12: Soltari Champion + Armageddon(response I play Lightning Helix) ...

The report seems to be unspectular, but Peeler plays in the first 2 rounds two Manlands plus early many creatures and Grafted Wargear. So at the very beginning he dealt massive amounts of damage to me. I had Brion Stoutarm which saved a few life but died directly, my Bloodbraid Elves cascaded into Vindicate which killed the superior 4/5 Tarmogoyf(which could had killed me) .
Then I played Garruk Wildspeaker and Sarkhan Vol which died both in two turns. Also Shriekmaw died directly. At the end I could only attack with Treetop Village and Trygon Predator while I finally shot dwon Stirring Wildwood with Path to Exile. Finally I played Demonic Tutor to Lightning Heilx to rescue myself from being shot down, which I expected. But I shot Peeler as he plays Armageddon and won the following round with Trygon Predator.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW) vs TeKo(GW-Elves)    2-1

First game I was quite lucky, when i saw Stoneforge + Sword of fire and ice on my hand. I had only two lands though and until I could install a flyer and my equipment force, his archdruid was 3/3 already through an elvish champion. In the turn after he plays his 3rd lord and after that overrun... gg

2nd game i hold wayfarer, knight of the white orchid and two lands. hoping that should be enough mana. "unfortunately" he muligans down to 6 and then is screwed on two lands as well. he has twinblade slasher+rancor. i have wayfarer + soltari monk. in the 3rd turn i don't attack with wayfarer, hoping he plays another land, but he just pumps slasher, which puts me back in the damage race. after that i draw another land and oblivion ring his slasher. he casts a vanquisher. I get a 4th land luckily and attack for 6 with elspeth-support. he kills elspeth next turn. but i can beat him down to 5 to kill him next turn with my reinforces.

in the third game i can keep a very fast hand with chrome mox 2/2 flyer, bonesplitter, lantern kami. he has llanowar elves, i play skyhunter, he plays wolf-skull shaman, i play bonesplitter and .. with a grin .. turn skyhunter to the right, seeing teko dead in few turns... he however doesn't and sends my guy to the exile, which have shatters my offensive. i can only play lantern kami and equip it. next turn he has rancor again and an attack for 4. I attack him having stonecloaker and mana tithe open, which counters his morph-elf next turn. i also play stonecloaker to tilt the damage race to my favor. i even have drawn a knight of meadowgrain which brings big problems for him. Actually he can't do more then search for wellwisher to survive some more rounds but then i draw spectral procession and its all over.

thx for the games

-jFk-

################### EDIT ######################

SORRY! MY BAD: THE GAME ENDED 2:1 (IN MY FAVOR)

###############################################

-jFk- (WW) vs. pyyhtu (Rbg Goblins) 1:2 2:1

I start with savannah lions and figure of destiny, which he kills in turn 3. i can reinforce with calciderm, which brings him down to 5. He then goes even down to 2 to play living death. in response to the shriekmaw trigger i play stoneforger to swing for the gg next turn.

in g2 i have no onedrop but kami of ancient law for his bitterblosom, while his tattermunge beats and beats me. I do some bad trades to stay in the game, but then he has phyrexian arena and I see my end coming.
Lucky enough i have elspeth and even grafted wargear from the top and so can still try to get him down while he's preparing for his final attack with goblin recruiter. I could kill him in two turns, so just have to survive one attack. But I'm to greedy and activate elspeth for +3/+3 instead of making a soldier to survive and kill the turn after.

my third hand contains 2 lands, student of warfare, sword of light and shadow and two removal spells. I have stoneforge mystic from the top for Sword of fire and ice and that's just too much for him to handle.

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW) vs coldcrow (Staxx)  2:1

First game was very funny. I had quite a good start, but he has maze, grafted scullcap, bottled cloister, so i can never attack him again. I have elspeth and about 10 indestructable token, when he finishes me off with chandras ultimate and rolling earthquake.

In the second one he concedes after muligan to 6 and turn 2.

In the third one he has a quite impressive start with lots of acceleration, tabernacle, null brooch, but then his well runs dry and my turn 2 Sigiled Paladin goes all the way.

-jFk-

-jFK- (MBC) vs seveneyes (monoUcontrol)   2:1

In game one I actually manage turn 3 Chuck Norris (aka Marit La(r)ge), but he can first block it, then take control of it so i have to kill it. I don't quite remember the game but in the end, he wins.

In the second one I win because of mind shatter for 3 gazillion cards, after playing somethings else he had to counter. In game 3 he is screwed on two lands after he had to use his Expedition Map for Maze against the then-flipped Graverobber. After Mind Sludge for his hand he scoops it up.

Thx for the games

Payron

Sry for no discribtion .. later on maybe

-jFk- (WW) - Payron (5c goodstuff)

derStefan82 (Bant Oath) - Payron (Reanimator)

1:2

derStefan82

derStefan82 Bant Oath vs Seveneyes MUC 0:1
I was very screwed he got Wasteland for my 2nd land turn 7 or 8 and counter for my Mana Artifact. He got lots of creatures
Snapper, Glen Elendra.... so no chance to get rid of his advantage.

derStefan82 Bant Oath vs Seveneyes Elves 1:0
I drew Oath first turn he played Mana Elves, could play 0ath Turn 2 brought Emrakul with Dragon Breath (won the game).

We played with time limt as we had two pairings so we could reach only 1 game of each match.

Thanks for games.

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW) vs. pyyhttu(hypergenesis.dec)  1:2

Pyyhttu hasn't reported the (re)match so far, so I want to do it, since today is the last day for it.
It has been some days.. so I only come up with a shorty:

First game he has fatty-drop on his 3rd or 4th turn and I can't do anything about it.

In the 2nd one he's kinda screwed so I can overrun him.

In the third he has Hypergenesis in turn 4 again, and I don't have enough pressure.

I know that seems quite bowring, but that's how this matchup works ;D.

Thanks for all the games guys. I had fun this season (although it seemed everyone - me included - was in big stress this time) and am looking forward to the next one. See you then or maybe on the next HLGP (Team Berlin had great fun in Hanau with one Top8 (congrats Tabris) and 3 Price-placings).

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (Mono U Control) 2:0 Pyyhttu (Hypergenesis)

Game 1:

First spell is Bloobraid Elve into Hypergenesis, which gets countered. Sower of Temptation takes the elve, and I get Future Sight on the table. I let resolve his Thunder Dragon (killing the elve), because i have Treachery on my hand. Unfortunately he has Force of Will for it, so suddenly things look grim again. I take two swings from the dragon, block him once whith the fae, playing as many cards as i can from the top, digging for an answer. On 3 life with 5 mana open i find Control Magic, thx deck!

Game 2:

He is stuck on two lands for quite a while, when he finds the third, he plays Show And Tell (only spell so far being the small Jace).

Now it gets crazy:
Mana Leak      --> Show And Tell
Ricochet Trap  --> Mana Leak (new target: Ricochet Trap)
Misdirection 1 --> Ricochet Trap (new target: Misdirection 1)
Misdirection 2 --> Misdirection 1(new target: Misdirection 2)

We are not really sure for a while, in the end we decide, that SAT resolves. His Bogardan Hellkite kills Wake Thrasher and Jace, my Sphinx Of Lost Truths draws and discards three cards. Next turn i have Back To Basics (2 tapped nonbasics on his side) and Expedition Map for Tabernacle: good game!

Thx for really intense games!

-jFk-

You were right:

1. Misdirection 2 resolves changing the target of Misdirection 1, which shortly after gets countered, because it does not have a legal target anymore (because Misdirection 2 has gone already). Ricochet Trap resolves giving Mana Leak a new target, which then becomes illegal again so Mana Leak gets countered as well and SAT resolves.

derStefan82

derStefan82 Bant-Oath vs Teko UW-Control 1:0

Again a match with timelimit cause tomorrow is public holiday and I had 3 opponents today already.
First game the connection / software lacked as we both were without creature after massive battle.
I had Garruk on board and he Shackles, Top, etc. so I thing it was a bit positive to him. So we
decided to do a sudden death match as we had only a half hour left.

I had Wargate on hand in this game and Top with massive fetchlands. Got Orchard in turn 4 + Wargate -> Oath.
So Emrakul hit the field. I had a fast start with Mox Diamond and could Stifle him his first fetchland.
He couldn't handle Oath and Emrakul shreddered his permanets (got Progenitus as well).

Thanks for games under timepressure.