Ihonen / Juha / Finland / 353787053 - Nastaboi
Möller / David / Germany / 473599624 - coldcrow
Münch/ Jan / Germany / 243004798 - Payron
Niederhausen / Martin /Germany / ...  - Maggot
Stahl / Gerry / Germany / 145444190 - Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tabris

Just as an information. I will record all my games and upload them to you tube. I´ve did the same thing for an EDH tournament on MTG-Salvation and
got a positive feedback since a lot of ppl enjoy watching HL-games (and there are not many channels which support highlander play) So if you got bored
you can watch my vids. I will post the link to the vid in the thread. If you want commentary let me know. Right now I add some music but some players mentioned commentary would be nice. So opinions?

LasH

Quote from: Tabris on 08-11-2011, 03:44:36 AM
Just as an information. I will record all my games and upload them to you tube. I´ve did the same thing for an EDH tournament on MTG-Salvation and
got a positive feedback since a lot of ppl enjoy watching HL-games (and there are not many channels which support highlander play) So if you got bored
you can watch my vids. I will post the link to the vid in the thread. If you want commentary let me know. Right now I add some music but some players mentioned commentary would be nice. So opinions?

i would watch it. great idea. Hope not to see only goodstuff mirrors ;P

Helle

I'd prefer comments over some random music.

Tabris

Unfortunately the first vid was lost .... I tried to render it during playing BF3 which caused the file to crash and I accidently deleted it...

anyway

Tabris UB-Control vs Payron RUG-Control

2:0

gg´s

coldcrow

coldcrow (MBC) 2 : 1 Payron (Pattern-Rector)

game 1: I start with a leyline of the void in play, draw helm from top. We exchange some blows, I tutor for ritual, cast helm turn 4 and activate for the win.

game 2: I get a necro going, wipe his board but he counters with a hulk. I realize that I got no unmake in my 100, so I have to get maze to survive. In the next turns my drunkenness showed as I thought I could stop the hulk trigger with suffer the past. I die.

game 3: I look at a quite nice hand of hymn, distress, drain of life, liliana v2. He seizes hymn, gets rector with some tutor. I topdeck like a pro and lily, ancient tomb and mind shatter crush his hand. Lily continues to keep the board clean, I cast helm and later on tutor for leyline.

ggs

coldcrow

coldcrow (MBC) 2 : 0 VazDru (U/B Worldgorger)

game 1: Vazdru wins the roll and starts with Island into ponder, which makes me shudder expecting some kind of pure blue-based control. I play a hyppie turn 3, which is apparently too innocently blooded, but I get it back with a Necromancy. Vazdru cast Intuition for Worldgorger, Gladiator and BLoodrite Invoker, revealing his plan. I beseech for shred memory (no bog in my 100, another oversight), but cannot play it in the same turn. In the end I exile his combo, stick a oblivion stone and vazdru gets rid of my hyppie. Discard spells fly around and we end up with zero cards, but vazdru has a anc. vision ticking down.
Some turns draw-go with a sensei on his side. I draw bargain, but wait for a discard spell or another threat.A few turns later he casts jace v1 and has only 2 blue mana available, one being a fetch, so I activate stone, vazdru misses to fetch immediately and puts top on top of library. NExt turn I cast Baragian, turns out he has no counter.

game 2: Vazdru starts with a vision (ouch). He remands my second turn distress, then scrolls for intuition, leaving one blue mana free. I smell the pierce and am glad I got a lotus petal. Cast petal, vazdru pierces, cast distress nabbing the intuition leaving vazdru with zero bussiness spells.
Then I demonstrate incredible topdeck skills yet again, as I draw the dark ritual enabling me to cast DT and play necro in the same turn, before his vision resolved. He therapies for shred and personal tutors for buried alive, but mind sludge discards 2 animation spells and I win shortly after.

ggs

Tabris

Tabris UB-Control vs Helle 5c Aggro 2:1

soooo my first video with commentating. Excuse the poor sound quality. I will improve my speaking (clearly and louder).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HO4a4FQ5Sg

Maggot

Maggot (Necrotic Ooze Combo)2:0 Nastaboi (Dredge)

I comboed off both games on Turn4.
First game it was Hermit Druid + Exume
Second Game Buried Alive + Reanimate.

GGs

Payron

Nastaboi (Dredge) 0:2 Payron (Bant aggro)

First game: I had Stoneforge mystic wich searched for Batterskull after I brought it eot into play i equiped also swords of feats and familia to it which was an insane damage cardadvantage and speed boost for me. as he was on 12 Life I eot searched for Aven Mimeomancer and sneaked it eot with Aether vial in ... which turned my Batterskull token to a 3/1 flyer which ended up to be 9/7 + the 3 damage from the aven hom self was game.

Second game: Now that I know that he playing a graveyard abuseing deck I had a pretty strong hand - Forest, Fetchland, Scavening Ooze, Aether vial, Mana tithe, Miscalcualtion and Mana leak. After a wasteland from my side and I think 1 missing land drop on his side i had pretty much the control with the ooze and that much counter magic. But he was able to get rid of my mana leak with cable thearpy whitout knowing my hand! but the game was already over.

thx 4 the games!

Maggot

Maggot (Necrotic Ooze Combo) 2:1 Payron (UWr- Control)

Game 1:
I was able to asemble the Combo really quickly.

Game 2:
His disruption together with Future Sight & Humility was to much for me.

Game 3:
In the beginning I was screwed and he countered Buried alive twice. He resolved Humility in a counter war but had to dump his hand due to Perplex. After that I was able to transmute into Pulse for Humility and regrow Buried Alive. Exume settled the game.

GGs

Maggot

Maggot (Necrotic Ooze Combo) 2:1 Tabris (UWr)

Game 1:

I was able to destroy his mana basis with double Vindicate, Beast within and Deed for Talisman and Token.
He didn´t draw lands so he conceded.

Game 2:

I started with birds wich he Misssteped. Gitaxian Probe revealed Oring, Counterspell, Mindcensor and two Plains. I than played a Hierarch and Inqisition taking Mindcensor. He played Relic of Progenitus, no combo with that in play, so I played Ritual into Thornling and Therapy taking Oring. He popped Relic to draw a card, than he had Stoneforge into Batterskull. He drew Sword of fire Ice at some point so the Game was at a Stall with him gaining life and Cards in hand. I conceded to Blood Moon. With two reanimator spells and a countered Buried alive in the graveyard.

Game 3:

Me: Fetch, Underground River, Ritual, Buried alive: Ooze, Triskelion & Devourer.
He: Island
Me: Wasteland, Life// Death-> Ooze.
He: Brainstorm which found no blue spell for FoW
I still had FoW+pitch and Necromancy in hand.
Guess thats what you call a nut draw...

GGs

Tabris is going to put a Video of the games online soon.

Tabris

Here is the link to the match.

LOL at my "deck-explanation"-part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5J2aGvekQ

Nastaboi

Nastaboi RUG Pod vs. Tabris UB Ctrl

2 - 1

Tabris is uploading the video so details will follow there.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)