Main Menu

UW aggrocontrol

Started by Lightstorm, 29-09-2009, 12:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

Baneslayer Angel> Battlegrace Angel >Exalted Angel > Stonehewer Giant

Battlegrace Angel is sometimes better than Baneslayer Angel, but in the 90%of the cases he's not. Since the Battlegrace Angel is cheaper than the Exalted he is really better than the Exalted Angel.

Vedalken Shackles > Treachery > Conroll Magic > Sower of Tempation

Shackles can steal more creatures at lower better cost. I think there is no better 'blue' card than Shackles.

Mana Tithe > Force Spike

A Mana Tithe surprises your opponent way better than Force Spike. So Mana Tithe is much better.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Tiggupiru

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 09-07-2010, 05:33:40 PM

Battlegrace Angel is sometimes better than Baneslayer Angel, but in the 90%of the cases he's not. Since the Battlegrace Angel is cheaper than the Exalted he is really better than the Exalted Angel.

Ummm.. no. Battlegrace is worse than all of those. The morph is actually a relevant ability and it allows Exalted to attack on turn four.

Payron

"Mana Tithe > Force Spike"

It wasn t the question which one is better ... my opinion was why not play both !!

Mythrandir

Quote from: Tiggupiru on 09-07-2010, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 09-07-2010, 05:33:40 PM

Ummm.. no. Battlegrace is worse than all of those. The morph is actually a relevant ability and it allows Exalted to attack on turn four.

yeap, i agree. Morph is really relevant, you can attack on turn 4 and you only need 4 lands to play this one. Not saying that Exalted is better than baneslayer. But exalted is still very good and relevant in our format, IMO.

Lightstorm

1. am I wrong or do you just play 99 cards?!

I`m missing 2 cards on the list then. I wanted to play 101 just to make sure if I lose one card I don`t lose game if someone counts my deck.

2. Baneslayer > Exalted Angel > Stonehewer Giant

Stonehewer Giant, it`s ability is amazing, getting sword to play equipped win games sometimes, and still it`s 4/4 Vigilance. I didn`t play Baneslayer because I don`t have one.

Battlegrace Angel would be bad in this build, I would`t play it anywhere really.

3. Counters: - If you play Mana Tithe why no Force Spike also?
            - How was Unified Will for you .. got the feeling its only a good counter if you are over extending. Whats about Deprive? maybe some nice synergies with Winter orb and geddon?

I had to cut some cards (there are so many playable cards in UW colors) and I figured 12 counters is enought. I have same feeling about Unified Will, but still it`s cheap counter. Deprivive - should try this, but I have feeling it`s not good in many situations - specially in early game.

4. I guess Ravages of war is just not in because its WAY to expensive ;)

True, true :)

5. Don t know if Shakles is >> Trechary.
maybe you could try to add shakles and even Control Magic

This deck is more W based so I thought there wouldn`t be enought Island in the play - silly thoughts must say. Added Shackels to the list. I like Control Magic but I wanted to add aggressive creature over it.

6. What do you think about Mox Diamond and Chrome Mox?? Synergies with speed b2b (for nonbasics), Winterorb and Geddon

I don`t personally like Moxes, 2 cards for 1 doesn`t sound very good plan often and in late games they are useless.

7. Gush and Sea Drake could also be pretty nice combo with geddons and winter orb

Gush - not enought Islands. Sea Drake is nice but I don`t own one - I would play it for sure.

8. How did work Transcedent Master and Thada Adel, Acquisitor for you.

I`ve only casted Transcedent Master once and that time it traded with 3/3. I`t s not hard to level up him 6 times because of colorless level up cost. Thada Adel have been great, many decks play islands in Finland and it`s ability is awesome - kills many combos aswell.

Thanks for the comments :)

Mythrandir

Quote from: Lightstorm on 11-07-2010, 12:10:12 PM

I`m missing 2 cards on the list then. I wanted to play 101 just to make sure if I lose one card I don`t lose game if someone counts my deck.

I'm no guru rules, but if you play with 101 and you lose 1 card you will still lose the game, since you should have 101 instead of the 100, no?

Kristian

Quote from: Mythrandir on 11-07-2010, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: Lightstorm on 11-07-2010, 12:10:12 PM

I'm no guru rules, but if you play with 101 and you lose 1 card you will still lose the game, since you should have 101 instead of the 100, no?
This is correct, of course, it's much harder to enforce if there's no decklists made before hand, or if no one has seen you play the card you lose. At least, this is how the official rules is. Don't know if some of the TOs for highlandertournaments have different rules.
There can be only one!