Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VI

Started by Vazdru, 12-04-2009, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (Dream Halls-combo) vs. Goblinpiledriver (Naya-tokens): 2-1

I won the die roll and have lots of decent accelerator lands, Mox Diamond, Demonic Tutor and a lone good draw spell. Goblinpiledriver plays some critters and I resolve Fact or Fiction on his third turn EOT. Next turn I am ready to tutor for Dream Halls with Mana Drain backup and go off from there.

In the second game I keep a hand with Tundra, Library of Alexandria, Cruel Tutor and some bombs. I'm on draw so hope to utilize the library but alas, piledriver has a Wasteland so that's that. He also gets a good start with a first turn Llanowar Elves and a second turn Noble Hierarch putting a good pressure on. He somehow regrowths his wasteland and later in the game disrupts more my mana base more.

In the third game I mulligan with 2 cards and draw Dream Halls. I have lots of artifact mana acceleration + Pact of Negation and a draw spell. I go off on turn 7 or so with counter backup and am able to set up a draw chain which ends to Tendrils of Agony with storm being 10 or something. GGs.

Vazdru

Doc (UWB-Control feat. Counter-Top) vs. Vazdru (UGW-Oath)

1st: He started with Rav-Shockland + Sensei's going down to 18 and played  some mana acceleration (Mind Stone, Talisman, Darksteel Ingot) next turns. Meanwhile i've played Zuran Orb and Idyllic Tutor for Oath. Although he had Seal of Cleansing on the board i've played Oath next turn. To be sure that Oath never triggers he immediately "cleansed" it. Replenish got it back on the board and my Treetop brought him down to 15 lp after he played his first critter Augury Adept. With 7 mana on the table he played Demonic for Bribery - I was tapped out but had Daze for Bribery. In my turn oathed Hellkite + Treetop + Faerie Conclave attacked for 14 damage so he went down to 1 lp. Next turn another all in faced Rout as Instant leaving me with nothing but Zuran and Oath. Before i could recover he played Mindslaver leaving me with lots of LP but no lands (thx to Zuran). At that moment he had also Counterbalance and Top out so i could't even play my lowcost spells. So i just got Orchyard from the top (the only card to win this game, ~ 1%-chance), eot manaburn + token and Akroma sealed his fate.

2nd: I've had Library of Alexandria on the draw in this control-mirror. So he didn't have Wasteland the mass of card advantage made it an easy win.

0:2

Thx for the ggs.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Crystal Lark vs. Georg B BRW Aggro

2 - 1

I won the roll and suspended Visions, but missed the second land drop with 2 signets waiting in my hand. Georg went crazy: 1st turn unimpressive Suntail Hawk was followed by Chrome Mox - Stillmoon Cavalier evading my Spell Snare. Next turn down came Goblin Patrol and Tangle Wire, and then Winter Orb. Fortunately I started drawing lands and fought back with EE@1, Wall of Roots, Signets and a bounce land. Sower of Temptation founded by Eladamri's Call turned the tide for me, but I was in burn range. I countered one and he didn't find another until I managed to untap enough lands for Primal Command.

Second game Georg started with a classic land, Chain Lightning to head. I played Breeding Pool untapped to get Spell Snare mana up, but it got wasted. I never found 3rd land.

I had Visions suspended again in the third game. We both had an enchantment: him Bitterblossom, me Survival. He could not get too much pressure so I just comboed him out. I just don't see how some people see Survival as a fair card. Thanks for the games, anyway.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Georg B

Georg (RWB Aggro) vs. Doc (RDW)

1:2

Payron

Sturmgott (Bant aggro) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

First Game: I had some pressure on the board but he played Sea Drake + Serendib Efreet. I think I could of handle the Serendib Efreet with Swords and needed to block with a 2power flyer and sacced mog to kill Sea Drake. he couldn t do much because I had somewhen played magus of the moon ... but with 1 more counter or bounce or removel from him .. I would be death

Second Game: He starts - Temple Garden / Me land + Black Vise - Island for him / Solitari Footsoldiar (got countered) + Figure of destiny - he played something (don t remember what) / me blood moon = gg. he told me he played to less basics to win this

well sry for kind of boring games .. all won because of Moon-effects.

Doc

1-2

Outlaw (RB aggro with land destruction, hand denial and fast creature) vs. Doc (RDW)

game 1
both player started quick, it was a narrow damage race with the better end for me, because the burn spells are faster then creatures

game 2
outlaw won, the starting advantage in aggro duels is so important, that he won, beacuse his craes are bigger than mine

game 3
he seems to be flooded, so that my fast man killed him before he couls lay something to block them

A friendly and fast playing opponent, so it is a pleasure to play magic!

GoblinPiledriver

What long takes becomes good (german knowledge(Was lange währt, währt enlich gut)). Payron and I made several dates(i think 3) for our hll-match but he didnt showed up or sayed per icq that he didnt had time. So after long time the final match had begun:

GoblinPiledriver(UW-Skies)       vs  Payron(Jund-Tokens)
2:1

GoblinPiledriver beginning
Plains + Bonesplitter   --  Treetop Village
Island + Looter il-Kor  -- Swamp + Wall of Roots
equipping Looter + Polluted Delta -- Mountain + Fleshbag Marauder(got Memory Lapse)
Azorius Herald -- Geas Cradle + Fleshbag Marauder(wall and Herald) +Elvish Herald(Essence Warden)
Winter Orb -- Essence warden
Snap(Elvish Herald)+ Briaberry Cohort --Elvish Harbinger(Lanowar Elves)
          -- Creakwood Liege
Last Turn i play Vendellion Clique to controll the opponents hand. He has  Necrogenesis,Squee,Wickerbough Elder,Sakura-Tribe Elder,Llanowar Elves
He must not play more than 2 creatures for killing him with the equipped looter and briaberry cohort.So i could block with the vendeillion clique,and survive his army and treetop village.
I forgot that he had not enough mana(thanks to winter orb) for attaking with treetop village and playing creatures. He attaked(without village) and i block with the clique), he played wickerbough elder and destroyed my bonesplitter.

So i lost thanks to my mistake with forgetting the ability of the wickerbough elder.

GoblinPiledriver beginning
Island  -- Forest
Plains  -- Swamp+ Necrogenesis(got Spellsnare)
Island + Serendib Efreet -- Survival of the Fittest
Island + Pestermite(in opp. upkeep) -- using Survival for Squee
Soltari Champion  --   

Payron shows Goblin Bombardment and complains about mana srew.
So i win thanks to opponents mana srew and quik creatures.

Payron beginning
Stomping Ground -- Hallowed Fountain(untapped)
Forest + Essence Warden  -- Island
Wooded Foothills +Duress(got counterspell) -- Island + Serendib Efreet
Maze of Ith  --  Plains + Sea Drake
Jund Panorama --  Island + Tsabo`s Web
Swamp + Thoughtseize (discarding Vedalken Shackles)+ Gilt-Leaf Ambush -- Island +Impulse(eot)
Swamp+ Primal Command (got Memory Lapse) + Beckon Apparition-- Morph Creature + unmorphing Fathom Seer
Primal Command (7 life+ searching crea)(got Misdirection)(Payron searches Bone Shredder) -- Island + Savanah Lion
Bone Shredder (for Sea Drake) -- Bummerang (Bone Shredder)

Won thanks to 2 strong flyers and tsabos web working perfect against tsabo`s web.
Payron complained about his draw. But my draw wasn`t really better with impulse i saw 3 lands and spellsnare and with the fathom seer i drawed 2 plains.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (UR-Nonbasichate) vs. Sturmgott (UGWr-Aggro) 0:2

Both games went pretty fast by. In the first game I went down to 5 when I had Starstorm in hand and Sturmgott was tapped out. But i didn't played it, let him untap and he reveals his mana leak.
In the second game he drew more lands than me (he plays 29 and I play 36!) and played draw go. My fact was countered by mana tithe. I countered a creature of him, but he countered back! My chandra got memory lapsed and my maze was destroyed by avalanche rider. My last attempt to stop him was vedalken shackles but the creature I stole was bounced back to his hand.
Never had a chance in this games. So Sturmgott plays a well tuned deck!

GGs

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Hot Bant) vs. Kassow-Rossing (5c Oath) 2:0

In the first game I mulligan everything except Forest and Birds of Paradise. I get no land but Path to Exile, Worldly Tutor, Quasali Pridemage, Kami of Ancient Law and Swords to Plowshares. I keep attacking for 3 with the Pridemage, he tries a Mind Twist for 4 in turn 4 thanks to Spectral Searchlight, but I have Negate. Next turn I play Noble Hierarch, attack for 4 and say go. He tries to Wrath of God the Board, I have Force of Will, removing Rushing River. I attack him till he is on four life, when he desperately plays Solitary Confinement. Now the current rules with combat damage on the stack show why they prevail: I attack again for 4, dmg on stack, sac Pridemage to destroy Confinement, gg.

I win the second game despite Pernicious Deed, Wrath and Moat thx to Aether Vial, Troll Ascetic and Survival of the Fittest. When he is on 3, having just cleared the board with Wrath, I use Survival for Avalanche Riders + Noble Hierarch, swing for 3, gg again.

2:0

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)     vs     GeorgB(Staxx)

GoblinPiledriver is beginning
I spoiled for 5 and keeped Sacred Foundry and Wild Nacatl

Stomping Ground + Wild Nacatl  --  Grand Coliseum
Sacred Foundry + Rip-Clan Crasher  --  Plateau + Pyroclasm
Treetop Village + Tattermunge Maniac  --  City of Traitos + Moat
Karakas + Bloodbaid Elf(Noble Hierach) -- Urborg T.o.Y. + Gilded Lotus +Engineered Explosives(activted for 1)
Gemstone Mine + Anurid Brushhopper + Wax/wane(Moat) -- Georg didnt find a solution

Second Turn 5 damage, nice isn`t it. Georg had Moat, but I could handle it.

GeorgB is beginning

Poluted Delta  --  Plateau + Aether Vial
Badland       --  Forest + Bant Sureblade
              --  Gemstone Mine + Goblin Legionaire + Serra Avenger
Chrome Mox(R) + Crucible of Worlds  --  Rugged Prairie + Chain Lightning   
Poluted Delta + Tezzeret t.S. 

Georg is srewed for 1 Turn, this was long enough to kill him.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)   vs  Sturmgott(Bant-Zoo/r(HotBant))

GoblinPiledriver is beginning
I spoiled for 7, sturmgott spoiled for 5

Fire-Lit Thicket + Aether Vial --  Seaside Citadel
Bloodstaired Mire + Mistral Charger --  Karakas + Path to Exile(Charger)(in opp.T.)
Fire Ambush + Goblin Legionaire -- Gemstone Mine + Jenara, Asura of War
Puncture Blast(Jenara) + Steward of Valeron --  Mishra`s Factory +Lightning Helix(Goblin)
Rith`s Grove + Anurid Brushhopper -- Plains
Dryad Sophisticate + Colossal Might(got Memory Lapse) so I lost Steward -- Ajani Goldmane
attaking with Dryad(Ajani),Brushhoper(Player) --  Ancestral Vision + activating Factory for Ajani
Elspeth K.E.(Brushhoper) --  Serendib Efreet
attaking

Won the game thx to Elspeth + Aether Vial

Sturmgott is beginning
Sturmgott spoiled for 5, I spoiled for 1

Tropical Island + Birds of Paradise --  Karakas + Bonesplitter
Watchwolf  -- Temple Garden + Kami of the Ancient Law
Survival of the Fittest  --  Rith`s Grove + Cerodon Yearling +sacrifice Kami(Survival)
Tarmogoyf  -- Griffin Guide(Cerodon)
Enlighted Tutor(Chrome Mox)  --  Lightning Helix(get Misdirection)
Chrome Mox(G/w) + Harmonic Sliver(Griffin Guide)  --  Gemstone Mine + Qasali Pridemage
Troll Ascetic  --  Morphcreature(Exalted)
attaking me down to 2 -- Brushland + Oblivion Ring(Bird the only blocker)

Won the game thx to srew on the other side. At the end we were both on 2 life.If he had draw the Remand one turn earlier he could play misdirection on griffin guide. This would had won the game for him.

Payron

Vazdru (GWU Enchatress) - Payron (4c survival)

first game: I had lands mass counter which could handle all cards that could do any card advantage ... so I slowly won with 2 creatures ... as I remanded his replenish I drew Gifts from the top which helped me to handle it ... lucky for me gg

0:1

second game: I had BoP + survival which pretty much mad my game ... but he did pretty good card advantage and did some pressure with squirl nest + earthcraft ... but i hadd deed and had a thought size after for his winning replenish in his hand ... I won in the end with Zur the enchanter   

gg'S

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Sturmgott Blak control rainbow?
1-1

We will finish tis game (probably) next weekend, so before we both forget here goes:

Game 1: i play first, drop some lands, he drops some swamps and to me seems a bit color screw, so i wasteland hi scrubland + eternal witness for another wasteland (he cropped it). Eventually i got gifts ungiven and LFLT engine going. In the end i won with some attackers (garruk tokens) plus some fire i had in hand.

Game 2 (this is a long story): He played an early ivory tower, then beseeched the queen for a darksteel ingot (which led me to believe he was color/mana screw again) so i mana drained it (darksteel, wrong move...) next turn mind twist for 4 leaving me with no hand (3 lands + 1 demonic...) after that i had sensei divining top, i played goyf which dealt some damage, eternal witness for mana drain (countered faith fetters), after this i saw nothing good with top. when i was going gor critical damage he played gifts for 4 removal.. killed my goyf... played finks, got killed (twice). After that he played yagmoth bargain and the game crashed....
We tried to reconnect (had no idea it was possible) but i was given control of his deck and vice-versa..  ??? ???
So we decided to see our both top 10 (he was at 11) and he had lifegain (drain life + another) i had venser + demonfire, so it was very complicated to see who would won.
So we went for "mental magic" and played the "obvious" plays, which led him to his GG. demonfire was too high on my top10.. =/ and he had 2 lifegain + cabal coffers.

gg. looking forward to our 3rd. :)

Doc

Doc - lio123: 2-1

Sorry, we played the games a few days ago.
I only remember he played BR Gobo and I played UWB-control.

It were narrow matches in which I had the luckier punch in the last game, because he was flooded.

Outlaw

Totally forgot.
Outlaw's RBW aggro vs. Sensemann's UR nonbasichate
2:1

We finished this game some days ago, so i don't remember anything.  :)
Sensemann, if u remember anything, do write it.