Main Menu

New topic made on Staxx Oath v. 2.0 further up

Started by Kassow-Rossing, 18-05-2010, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kassow-Rossing

This topic is now closed due to mistake I've made. I exceeded the maximum number of letters per reply so I would have to create a new topic to correct the mistake. Done!

Sorry for the troubles

Kassow-Rossing

Closed

Kassow-Rossing

Closed

Kassow-Rossing

Closed

Kassow-Rossing

Closed

Kassow-Rossing

Closed

Kristian

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 18-05-2010, 04:45:45 PM
3a1. The ten duel lands
It's dual, not duel. They're called that due to their duality, not because they challenge other to duels.

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 18-05-2010, 04:45:45 PMDarksteel Citadel works with Thirst for Knowledge, Armageddon, Ravages of War, Burning of Xinye...
Burning of Xinye doesn't work with indestructible lands. Taken from the oracle ruling, bolded for emphasis:
QuoteAs Burning of Xinye resolves, first you destroy four lands you control (all at the same time), then the targeted opponent destroys four lands he or she controls (all at the same time). That player chooses which of his or her lands to destroy. Neither of you can choose to destroy an indestructible land.
It's explicitly stated that you can't choose a land that's indestructible. If you have 4 other lands in play along with Darksteel Citadel, you have to chose the other 4. If you got 3 or less other lands in play, you only destroy those you can chose. If you've made all your lands indestructible via Elspeth or something else, you can't chose any of them (but you can still play Burning of Xinye).
There can be only one!

Kassow-Rossing

Darksteel Citadel works perfectly well with Burning of Xinye. Thx for correcting the spelling mistake.

Kristian

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 19-05-2010, 12:04:48 AM
Darksteel Citadel works perfectly well with Burning of Xinye. Thx for correcting the spelling mistake.
I wouldn't define perfectly well as "only in scenarios where you have 4 or less lands in play and one of them is Darksteel Citadel".
There can be only one!

Tabris

very good work. I appreciate such a detailed list.

Kassow-Rossing

Quote from: Kristian on 19-05-2010, 12:06:48 AM
Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 19-05-2010, 12:04:48 AM
I wouldn't define perfectly well as "only in scenarios where you have 4 or less lands in play and one of them is Darksteel Citadel".

I defined it this way:
"Darksteel Citadel works with Thirst for Knowledge, Armageddon, Ravages of War, Burning of Xinye (But not Wildfire), Transmute Artifact and in some cases Thopter Foundry as well. The fact that it only produces colorless is not a problem and will be majorly over shined by the fact that it survives a resolved Armageddon."

And it works perfectly well with Burning of Xinye because very often you only have two or three other lands to "shoot" with Burning.

PuTe

hey kassow-rossing :)

we talked about 5c staxx before a few times...
but i've to ask: are u fine with the thopter-combo? imo i needs more support to perform well.

best regards

Kassow-Rossing

PuTe
More updates will follow soon. Short answer: Yes I am

Sword of the Meek is a dead draw if you can't tutor or draw Thopter Foundry but the fact that you win the soon as you have both, outscores the disadvantage.