Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XI

Started by Vazdru, 31-12-2010, 01:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verik

Verik(BR Aggro) vs GoblinPiledriver(5c Zoo)

Game1: He goes first with vial, plays sword of fire and ice, puts into play knight of the holy relic and some other guys,
I play some removal and blood moon, but he is unaffected since vial puts down all his creautres.

Game2: I play turn 3 blood moon and he is screwed playing mono red.

Game3: I play blood moon, again... He has a Fauna shaman out and a chain lightning in hand. I have carnophage out equipped with lighthing greaves. He is mono red due to moon, and I lack my second swamp for the most of my creatures. We are both in the stall hoping for some gamebreaker from top, then he got his second creature meanwhile the carnophage bings me down to 5. It was lost at this point because of his chainlightning on hand but I kept playing hoping for some miracle. So there it was, he didnt attack thinking I had some removal which would keep me alive. In the following turn I got duress and discarded chain lightning. He didnt topdeck another burn spell and I came down with my second swamp and then put down tombstalker. It ended with him conceiding

2:1

cedzoh

goblinPiledriver (rb gobos)vs cedzoh (GWr tokens) 0:2

game 1: he starts.he plays vortex and zo-zu. i play some manaramp in the form of enchantments. he can`t attack me because of rector. i later get sarkhan vol and start pumping it up. when he attacks into rector, i get goblin bombardement, which activates promise of bunrei. the tokens shoot him down in response to his char.

g2: he starts with t1 goblin guide (after 4,5 attcks from it i reveal my firts land). on my t2 i play broodhatch nantuko. nantuko prevents his 3 power guy from attcking and i block the guide to get 2 tokens. meanwhile he is a bit colorscrewed and is forced to use a tutor to find a mountain. on my turn 4 i play conquerors pledge. some token die to his attck, the other get pumped up to 6/6 thanks to cradle and mirror entity. he takes 18. and dies 2 turns later.

ggs

GoblinPiledriver

I think I made mistakes.

On the game against verik I didn't attacked. I had 2 2/2 he a 2/2 Carnophage and Quest for the Gravelord. I thought he had a removal so all 3 creatures would have died and a giant 5/5 Zombie,Giant would dominate the battlefield.
But my telepathic skills weren't so strong.

Second mistake is that cedzoh isn't in my grup so I think the match wasn't legal. It's my fault i looked the groups up today and didn't seen it.

Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 06-02-2011, 06:44:55 PM

Second mistake is that cedzoh isn't in my grup so I think the match wasn't legal. It's my fault i looked the groups up today and didn't seen it.

as you both have thought it's a league match it doesn't count for stage II but for stage III
plz have a look on the groups first before you start the match rather note your opponents for stage II somewhere
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UR Swans vs. Geth29 5c Stax

2 - 1

He was struggling with mana and had to make plays like Regrowth fetch, Fabricate for signet. I let Fabricate resolve and opted to remove the signet by Clique instead. He had only three lands and expensive spells, so Demonic into Ruination two turns later prompted concession.

I kept mostly lands and neither of us played anything on first three turns. In my fourth turn I tapped out for Annex, and he Gifted in responce. I played greedy Pact of Negation, and of course he had removal for Annex.

Geth had second turn Sphere of Resistance, which I let through despite holding Drain. I fetched Gifts with Teachings, and Gifted for B2B, Ruination, Blood Moon and Crucible getting the last two. I remember somebody saying that one shoud play UR to hate all those dual land hoarders. He managed Thran Dynamo from Workshop, latter of which he had Tainted Pacted, and got to try out Elspeth Tirel before Moon made him colourless. I had FoW ready. Couple of turns lated he played Burning of Xinye despite me having Crucible advantage, and Psychatog ate him soon after.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Geth29

Geth29 (Pattern-Rector) - Verik (BR - Suicide)

1st Game: I keep a hand with heavy disruption, Wall of Omen and Phyrexian Ghoul. First turn duress for lightning bolt (He plays swamp). 2nd turn fiend for wretch (He plays Oona's prowler). 3rd turn i play wall of omen and Fyndhorn elves (he plays vampire nighthawk and attack me with prowler). 4th turn i play castigate on his ravenous skirge (he only plays mishra's factory and attack me with Nighthawk and prowler -> i discard protean hulk to prevent 2 dmg from prowler). 5th turn i play Demonic Tutor for Eladamri's Call (he attacked me again and i discard inquisition of Kozilek to prowler). Eot -> Call for karmic guide. 6th turn i play Karmic guide and put hulk into play (same attack and i go down to 5). 7th turn i play the ghoul and sac the hulk.

2nd Game: Verik starts with duress on my worldly tutor (i play marsh flats). 2nd turn he plays stromgald crusader (i play Wall of blossoms). 3rd turn chainer's edict kills my wall and he gets in for some dmg ( i play inquisition of Kozilek and choose blightning and wall of roots). He doesn't find a land and only attack with the crusader and pumps him (I play tidehollow sculler on char and a fauna shaman and pass the turn). Smash to smithereens kills my sculler and the flying crusader + the dmg from smash brings me to 10. i play sensei's divining top and pass the turn. he attacks again with crusader (i block with wall) and plays tattermunge maniac. i activate shaman for kitchen finks after i got karmic guide with sensei's from top of lib. i play finks and pass. The next turn i block maniac with finks absorbing some dmg from crusader via lifegain. Eot i activate shaman again for rector. i play rector and he attacks the following turn with crusader then plays shriekmaw on shaman and reanimates the shriekmaw again on my finks. Karmic guide the following turn reanimates finks. He attacks with shriekmaw and crusader and brings me to 6. I play wasteland on his ghitu encampment and he was tapped out. I play phyrexian ghoul and with rector and finks on the board it was gg.

2:0

thx for the gg's
"No rest. No mercy. No matter what"

Maggot

Maggot(UWC) 2 vs. Mythandir(5cAggro or good stuff) 1

We had to play our match in two parts, can´t remember much of the first two games due to that.
The tird game was unspectacular caus Mythandir didn´t do much and I was able to control the game.

GGs

Maggot

Maggot (UWC) 2 vs Cedzoh (GWR Token)

Game one:
Meloku, Wrath, B2B, Trinket Mage Squirrel beatdown were able to convince him that it´s time for Game 2.

Game 2:
Elsbeth one and Goblin Bombardment were better than my cards.

Game 3:
He didn´t play Monument wich would have been good, so I was able to lock him with Tabernacle.

GGs

The_Ocean

The_Ocean (Reanimate) vs. Peeler (UW)

G1: I had a Woodfall Primus, he was a bit mana screw, I got a Recurring Nightmare on the board and with the Woodfall Primus it was on to g2

G2: I dont remember mutch of this one. But he was able to get a Luminarch Ascension on 4 counters, but all he had was a couple of lands, but I remember him haveing like 4 4/4 angels and that was gg.

G3: This was a berry interesting game. I was mana screw at the begining but was able to stick a Looter il-Kor, this let me to draw some mana, I had some hand disruption but he had good answers, later he got to a few cards in hand but was able to float mana and cast Upheaval then drop a signet, I had some time to rebuild my board with a Psychatog 3 turns later, I had a discard spell but he had the Venser eot, I had a Body Double off of Fauna Shaman but he had a Mana leak I had topdecked a Daze that same turn, the Body Double became Angel of Despair, I also had a Simic Sky Swallower, he topdecked a brainstorm, Into Jace1.0 and then into Venser, the Sojourner, but it was to late, my flyers whent all the way.

I win 2-1.GGs

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Wb Angel Stax vs. Verik BR Aggro

1 - 1 thus far

G1: Verik got lacerator beating equipped with Bonesplitter. I ambushed it with Mindcensor, and accelerated into Cloudcoat Ranger. He had Rakdos Augermage and some other beater when the game crashed and he talked me into installing Cockatrice.

G1: Cockatrice seems well, I just miss chat makros. He got really fast start with Carnophage and 'splitter again. I had 7 life and face-down Exalted, he had 8 power on creatures. I hould have wrathed but chose to unmorph instead. He had both removal and bolt to head.

G2: He had Vial and some creatures, but I played 2nd turn Finks and 4th turn Grave Titan. He scooped before I got win more with Captain of the Watch.

To be continued...

[EDIT:] Found out how to record chat makros. :)

cedzoh

i can't find the icq number of ravager. anyone has it?

Payron

Tabris (Pattern combo) - Payron (4c recrussion)

First game: We both laid down some creatures and I could counter his 4th round natural order knowing he is also holding pattern of rebirth in hand, because he tutored it 1 round before. I could topdeck a vendilion Clique to handle his pattern but he had chord of calling 4 rector and a Sac outlet. He got conscribtion and run over me I could kill his big creature with Giddion and stabilized after that. He told me after that he also could had comboed out with rector on pattern :-/

Second game: He had some creatures and played a bit around with recurring Nightmare, but had nothing else. Afte rhe tutored 4 witness I fetched with wargate for tundra to level up my Evasion Action to x=4 and with his 6 mana I could of counter his nightmare leaving him with witness + balot on the board vs a always crowing army on my side.

0:2

thx for helping me out with Cockatrice

Nastaboi

55 final score

Nastaboi vs. Verik

2 - 1

Verik started beats with Vicious Kavu. I retaliated with Elspeth, but he had Staggershock and followed up with Rakdos Augermage. I dropped Archon of Justice which took away a removal spell and augermage, and as he missed his 5th land drop I decided to kick Desolation Angel leaving me two signets and Dust Bowl. Like a pro, I topdecked Crucible, and he promptly conceeded.

Vazdru

Nastaboi (Aluren-Combo) - Vazdru (Pattern Rector)

1: I rolled 1 and so he began. He dropped Wall of Blossoms T2 and T3 Mesmeric Fiend to exil Sylvan Tutor. I had my combopieces rdy for t4 Natural Order + Progenitus but i never reached this point so he had Aluren + Recuriter T4 for the win. Fast one.

2: Opened the game with Noble Hierarch, Mesmeric Fiend (got rid of Misdirection which was quite important - if i would have played option 2: T2 Vindicate Birds i would have surely lost that game). He had Birds T1 but just 2 lands. As he transmuted Cluth for Natural Order i was able to kill Birds with Vindicate. I was far away from combo off and was flooded too. Furthermore i drew into Eldrazi's Conscription first and then Progenitus. Just in time i was able to drop Conscription (thx to cradle) when he had 4 lands + eternal witness + birds again. Saffi + Conscription went into red zone to leave him with 3 lands + birds and 2 lp. No way out, not even with progenitus ... my game.

3: Game took half an eternity. Kept quite risky hand with 4 black spells (Cabal Therapy, Thoughtseize, Inquisition + Living Death) 2 lands W/G and Rector... but i was a lucky kid: got Fetch fast enough + Karakas while beeing defenseless vs. Vendillion Clique. I've had Rector online, Karakas safed my life but recurring Clique took my keycards - but i had enough of it so he had to let me keep Cabal Therapy which killed Rector for Conscription again for the win.

Thx for the good games.

1:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

He forgot to mention that lone Force of Will was my only non-Progenitus non-signet spell I drew whole 3rd game.