Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VII

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirGalahad

Marchhare (UGW) - SirGalahad (Elves!) 1-2

First game he was heavily screwed and i had Regal Force, Winter Orb and Primal Command for Mox Diamond.

Second game he didn't have much more to do then Sword my Priest of Titania as i drew nothing relevant.

Third game crashed with him having 8 cards in hand and some men on the board, while i had Skyshroud Poacher, Rofellos and some other elves in play and Mirror Entity and Natural Order in hand. After the game he said, he had Bant Charm and Mana Drain, but his mana would have allowed him to play only one, so i think i would have won the game.

Forth game was won because he missed one or two crucial land drops and i had Deranged Hermit and Mirror Entity.

Vazdru

Mythrandir (5CC) - Vazdru (UG-Basic-Ramp)

1a: I've kept my first seven and started the game with T1 Fetch + Cylce and T2 Life from the Loam. So I've had my second cycle-land too my Life-from-the-Loam-engine was generating a hell of card-advantage. Mythrandir wasn't able to put pressure on the board the first 5-6 turns but then the game crashed - probably it would have been a long way back into this game for Mythrandir but we will never know...

We changed server (mws.tipo1.it -> mws.games) and started game 1b

1b: No land but life from the loam again. I decided to keep lftl and took 6 new ones. I've started almost exactely like in the first one T1 Island + Cycle Lonely Sandbar T2 Tropical + Life from the Loam. But this time Mythrandir played T2 Figure and a few turns later Tarmogoyf. I was some kind of flooded and had to jump-block his 6/7 Tarmogoyf. As he played Venser for my last Blocker it was already gg.

2: Again no lands but Back to Basics - i decided to take 6 new ones and got 3 lands, Furnace, Counter and Signet. T3 I've played b2b to keep him away from mana. Although he managed to play Quasli Pridemage to recover. Unfortunately for him I've had Trinket Mage (Senseis) and Tarmogoyf online. I've had FoW for this Wrath of God and Remand + Rushing River for his Moat so Tarmogoyf sealed the deal.

3: He started with T2 Quasli Pridemage which kicked my ass till t5. Meanwhile I've ramped some mana and then played Chameleon Colossus. He stuck on 4 mana and played Etched Oracle to find a solution for my Colossus. As he was tapped out I've played Shackles, took Pridemage and sacced for Etched Oracle which was obviously game. He tried to recover but I've had counter and Gifts Ungiven for Cryptic Command, Sower, Repeal and Venser to get rid off his last blocker.

GGs!

1:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (White Stax with a Twist) - Peeler (UGR Aggro Survival) 2:1

First game my victory is never in danger. He plays some creatures, I get artifact mana and Icy Manipulator online, soon followed by Magus of the Tabernacle and Moat.

Second game he tutors for an early Trygon Predator, which I Rout, but he regrowths and replays it, tapping himself out. At that point I have Ghostly Prison going, and in my turn I play Winter Orb + Coldsteel Heart which is marked "R". He untaps a land, plays one from his hand and destroys Heart, keeping me from ever playing my Rolling Earthquake. When I find Faith's Fetters for the Predator, he has the Wickerbough Elder in perfect time.

Third Game was the longest one. An early Magus of the Moon counters my powerful special lands (Maze and Tabernacle). Evenmoreso, he even keeps me from playing white spells because my only white mana sources were Horizon Canopy and Flagstones of Trokair. What lost him this match despite this was that he allowed my Turn 1 Land Tax to trigger at some point, so I got enough white mana to play first Catastrophe for the creatures, soon followed by Ravages of War for his lands, plus I played my Tabernacle directly after the Ravages. Then I started beating him down with Windborn Muse, followed by Exalted Angel and in the last two attacks an Eternal Dragon joined my air force.

zool

Predi (UWR) - Zool (Naya)

0-2

Predi was a bit srewed in both games. This led to two fast games :(

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Pute 5CC

Mirror match. Control vs control, my favorite MU :)

Game 1: We both play some lands and some signets (yeah, new addition to me). He played chandra but got countered. We both had LFTl, but didn't use it a lot (hadn't anything good in grave worthwhile). I played a Flashbacked Teachings which got mana drained, next turn he played emyprial archangel!! which died to my demonfire to 8. I did played FOF and got necromancy -> to target the angel. He played explosives at 3, killed mt necro/angel. But then played wildfire (this play i really didnt understand, since i had lots of more lands in play and both our LFTL were now RFG). I then play doran he played maze, started swinging with doran + monastery and killed him.

Game 2: He was mana screw, but played 1st turn LoA and 2nd turn workshop filling his board with mana artifacts and then played ajani vengeant. i was able to topdeck wasteland on turn 2 :D for LoA. and then played deed for 2 which desttroyed like 6 or 7 artifacts he had in play. he was now left with a workshop + a dying ajani i had factory and then dropped kitchen finks.
I made a mistake in game, but it didnt cost me the game. he never saw a third land in the game -->  would have been a lot different since he had tons of great stuff in hand.

Game 1 was excellent, and i´m glad i played an entire match without crashing! :D

peeler

peeler (RGu Beatz) 2 vs Zool (4c Zoo) 0

First game: I win the resource war by kikki jikki and mulldrifter.

Second game: He got mother of runes turn 1 and some other guys, so i was in defence position (by spike weaver) i got also screwd but last chance i topdecked land, and could defeat mother, but my FTK on his flayer ran into manaleak (first blues spell i saw and no real blue mana sources (city of brass) but next turn i could kill the guy with mourderes Redcap. And Finish him 1 Life left with the Banefire (x=5).

GGs!

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Pyytthu UR burning skies?

2:0

Game 1: i lay 2 basic lands + rishadan he played plands + wasteland on my rishadan.. game crashed. At that point it was anybody game, i guess, i havent seen the R part yet.

game 1: two lands + signet he played grim lavamancer and an early PoP for 6. i played trygon, got bounced by man-o-war. he played teh 3/4 efreet got vensed. he nailed my venser with grim lavamancer. i then stalled by adding Moat into play (at this time i was a bit color screw/land only 5 no black), but i was able to resovle everything he threw at me including magus (gifts in response for fire/artifacts) i was haning low on life and played wog + dromar charm +5 life he played i then with the help of impulse found exalted with pridemage in play gave me +5 each turn. Next turn he would be dead with demonfire. I was lucky with my draws/plays.

game 2: he mulls to 6. plays volcanic island + 2/1 drake with upkeep cost, got STP. he didn't play a 2nd land. i played a 2nd turn pridemage he then found a a land and played a 1/1 pinger next turn a 1/1 flyer, nailed them both with FIRE/ice. at this point he conceded.

fast games.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UR Swans vs. Kavu24 4C Kavu

1 - 2

I drew zero nonlands 1st game. I resolved Wildfire against his slow start in the second and he waited six turns to draw a land before scooping it up. Third game he went T1 Birds, T2 Saffi, T3 Blastoderm, T4 SoFI+equip. As a fun fact he Vindicated my first bounceland in the first two games.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UR Swans vs. VazDru UG Ramp

2 - 1

I mulliganed to six 1st game and started with Island, Top and signets. By the time I found 2nd land VazDru had found counters for my stones, and was too far ahead already. I had 1st turn Library second game, VazDru drew none of his answers and I had a FoW backup whole game. After drawing half of my library I Called the Skybreaker to get the job done.

Third game started even until I resolved Burning of Xinye through his Pact of Negation with help from Mana Drain. Two turns later I played Swans which flew to victory.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Payron

Vazdru (UG Basicramp) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

0:2

First game: was nothing exiting, he was mana screwed and may aggro Deck nothing special and layed down creatures, he had lftl and tryed to dredge through his libery for lands ... but that was just to slow against my Deck ... sry mate mana screw sucks :-/

Second game: was a bit more exiting because we did some fights ... at some point he blowed a eneneerig explosives for 2 to get ride of 2 creature and honor of the pure which was a sick move but he didn t had a good cardadvantage and didn t drew anything what would help to stop my mass evasion creatures like Exalted angle and stillmoon cavalier ...

well sry that you didn t draw that well :-/

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs. Predi (5c Staxx?)
2-1

G1: Fast Beatdown Draw + Survival at about 10 life he lands Magus of the Moat and I beat him to few turns with Scryb Ranger.
Then he Martial Coups for about 12+ Token and Mindslavers me next Turn = gg.

G2: Beaters+Vial and Grip for Duplicant

G3: Beaters+Fecundity, drew some cards of his Martial Coup(7 Token) attacked with some small beaters+Rancor.
He plays Armageddon but I have Vial in play and kill him with small elves+Rancor.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)    vs  Lio123(Naya-Zoo)
2:0

1.Game Lio is beginning

Mountain -- Stomping Ground + Frenzied Goblin
Rishadian Port -- Jungle Shrine
Flooded Strands(Savannah) + Call of the Herd -- Gemstone Mine + Fire Ambush(E.)
Magus of the Moon -- Grafted Wargear
Boggart Ram-Gang -- Windswept Heath + Flametongue Kavu(Ram Gang)
Grafted Wargear -- Ligthning Bolt

Won this Game with Frenzied Goblin against Call of the Herd and Magus of the Mon.

2.Game Lio is beginning

Savannah + Jungle Lion -- Wooded Foothills(Plateau) + Frenzied Goblin
Yavimaya Hollow -- Grim Lavamancer + Sacred Foundry
Mutavault       -- Rootbound Crag + Sword of Fire and Ice
Wooded Foothills(Taiga) -- City of Brass + eq Goblin(re Rhysitic L.)+ eq. Lavamncer(S.o.F.I kills Lion)
Karakas + Grim Lavamancer -- Flooded Strand + Stormfront Pegasus + Fire Ambush(Lavamncer)
Wasteland(Rootbound Crag) + Woolly Thoctar -- Bloodbraid Elf(Bant Sureblade)
Dryad Sophisticate -- Grafted Wargear(Pegasus) +Temple Garden + Winter Orb
Last Turn Lio brings me down to 2 and can`t play his Fire Ambush because of my Winter Orb

This Game was damned close, at the beginning I was getting much Damage from Jungle Lion with Yavimaya Hollow Backup
He had also Mutavault which enabled him to block with Mutavault and regenerated it.
At the End i won thanks to Sword of Fire and Ice and Bloodbraid Elf.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Kavu24

KAvu (4C) vs Payron (Borros)
2:1

First game he has the IMBA draw with turn 1 Knight of the Medograin, T2 Bonesplit equippt, T3 Aven Mindscensor and Turn 4 Elspeth. I have no removal and only 2 of my 4 colours.

Second game can i make a 1:2 trade with Jund Charm and have a Loxodon Hierarch in my Turn. He can removed it with Path so I get my red mana to kill his Sigil Palladin (he was equipped with mask of madness) with Lightning Helix.

In the third game he has problem with mana and i have T1 Aether Vial, T2 Top, T3 Bitterblossom and Flametounge Kave, Magma Jet and Ajani Vengeant on my Hand. A lot of remvoal to have the Boardposition with Blossom.

See ya

KAVU

coldcrow

coldcrow (5C-Stax)  2 : 0  Predi (W-U-R-Stax)

Yuk the stax mirror. We played very late (0 AM), which had the result of terrible mistakes.

Game 1: I had the better acceleration + early Tangle Wire. Resolved Gifts found Armageddons for me and I really don't recall the win after that. I probably locked him out of the game with wasteland/crucible. Also I realized I had a irregular deck since i had a double Idyllic Tutor. We decided to treat it as a basic plains and moved on.

Game 2: Long Stax game. We both played lots of Mana. At some point he played wildfire, I responded with gifts for crucible and more mana. Then I made the terrible mistake of playing Timetwister into his mana and BEFORE laying Helm of Obedience. Of course I draw Leyline of the Void with my new 7. Critical situation arose when I had active stax and played Armageddon for his 5 lands (including Academy Ruins). He missed to put Memnarch or another good artifact on top and that was it. Smokestack did his ugly job - also killing an Academy Rector on my side, finding Bargain - Helm of Obedience + Leyline combo milled him to death.

Kavu24

Kavu24 (UW Merfolk) vs. TeKo (GW Elfen)
2:1

Hi,

In the first game Teko have mulligan to 6 and not a perfekt draw so i can win with Lord of Atlantis, Stonybrook Schoolmaster (make me 3 tokens) and other small fishs. In the final attack Teko had only 14 damage and i was on 19.

Second come was too fast for my deck. T1 Llanonwar Elves, T2 Survial and Symbotic, T3 Survial auf Priest and Quirrion Dryad and T4 Mirror Entity and "a lot of mana". I had a Merfolk Sovereign and ja Inkfathom Infiltrator^^.

The third game i have won because of Libary of Alexandria. It is to broken (pls bann). He have a lot of good Elves but the KeyElves could i handle with Treachery (Symbotic), Sower of Temptation(Wellwisher), Swords to Plowshares(Hivemaster), Mana Drain(Ranger of Eos) and Condescend (Brass Herald). My flyer (Sower and Glen Elandra Archmage) have eaten his lifepoints.

See yea.

KAvu