Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XVI

Started by Vazdru, 17-10-2012, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Tabris

Again guys, pls involve me in your matchmaking :)

ChristophO

ChristophO (UBg Oath) vs. Cadaj (Boros)

Game 1:
I keep a Hand with 3 counterspells and good mana but little else. I get overrun by T1, tattermunge, t2, geopede, and have to counter burn to even have a chane to win which lets a Magus of the moon slip into game.
0 -1

Game 2:
I accelerate into Jace, architect of thought with Talisman of Dominance on T3 who draws complete attention for two turns (Volcanic hammer, Lightning Bolt, 2 attacks) before he dies. This way I can resolve Primeval titan + treachery to control board with 14 life or so.

Game 3:
I spoils mull into 3 land + Talisman + Black Sun Zenith, Consuming Vapors, Consume the meek or close to it. I draw shred memory and Forbidden orchard and can control the board until  I can find and resolve Oath in the same turn. After oathing two times i destroy oath with natures Claim  and have two giant monsters and 21 life.

2-1

During oathing I flipped a Mystical. Cadaj informs me that he believes the unban watchlist is not allowed. I am surprised because last time i Played online those cards were allowed and I was under the impression this would be the same this time. How is the TO's stance on this?

Cadaj

Quote from: ChristophO on 18-10-2012, 11:32:33 PM

During oathing I flipped a Mystical. Cadaj informs me that he believes the unban watchlist is not allowed. I am surprised because last time i Played online those cards were allowed and I was under the impression this would be the same this time. How is the TO's stance on this?

Result stands as it is, just want to have this clarified.

G1 i had freewin basically, G2 and G3 i played like shit so win is deserved.

Vazdru

In season XIV there was indeed an enlarged  card-pool.

In the current season -as a mp-tournament- the official rules will be applied. In other words Mystical isn't legal in the running season.
Far below the earth

Tabris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcR0izODqBE

ChristophO vs Cadaj (BUG Oath vs Boros)

Vazdru

games peeler vs Vazdru will be played this evening, starting bout 8.30 PM

round 2 in winner- and looser-bracket is allowed to be sheduled and played as soon result has been posted - it's not necessary to wait till last match of round 1 has been reported (Syras vs pyyhttu)

winner of match "peeler vs Vazdru" face Payron, looser plays vs effect in looser-bracket
Far below the earth

Vazdru

peeler (Scapeshift) vs Vazdru (UBw-Buried-Alive-ComboControl)

0:2

vid will be available soon
Far below the earth

Tabris

Vazdru

a few comments:

* yep, i totally ignored while "pondering" he could have had any discard-spell, my fault to put best card on top - i will remember next time for sure
* sorry for topdecking Buried Alive in game 1...before i drew it i had the plan to play Intuition for Snappi, Buried Alive, Unburial Rites - that would have given peeler another turn...even with "Mana-Drain-Mana" it wouldn't have been enough to finish him off in that turn
* sorry for g2, such games sux - if i would have known to draw Zur i would have taken the Removal 4Dam instead of Lightning Bolt with Discardspell, probably Rhystic Tutor would have been the right choice anyway, with Zur T4 and Buried Alive T5 it would have been a bit safer for combo - but as he stayed on 2 mana i felt safely
* imo peeler should have played Demonic Tutor for Scavening Ooze in g3 because Ooze don't have sickness instead of using Stronghold for Shaman...but made some decisions in that game too, which i wouldn't do again
i think i can let Titan resolve and keep Counter-Mana open - bout in the middle of the game i decided to changed my combo-gameplan and wanted to win with those tokens + Else, i think that's why i protected the wurm-token ... and 6 extra-mana seemed fine...but in the end i hadn't any good use for / to "remove" Titan (necromancy) was also the wrong decision, play Shriekmaw looks better ... in the end my path to exile gave him the necessary extra land to kill me from the top with scapeshift
Far below the earth

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (hermit druid combo) vs. Syras (4c-goodstuff, no red): 2 - 0

Unfortunately Tabris was not online, so no video. I have to install some video recording software.

Games were fast, I got pretty lucky in both games.

Syras won the die roll and elected to go first. He mulliganed some away. I chose to keep my hand with Demonic, Spell Pierce, two fetches, Mana Leak, Vendilion Clique and Green Sun's Zenith. Pretty awesome. Syras played a land, I drew Thoughtseize which got Dazed with fetched Underground Sea. At this point I didn't know what he was protecting to give tempo advantage. I continued with a second turn Demonic searching for Force, as Zenith to Druid was faster and I had meanwhile drawn a third land. This also meant I was not only to counter his answer/threat, but hose him with EOT Vendilion Clique too. Syras responded to Clique by playing Worldly Tutor fetching an uncounterable troll.

I think Syras took a false read here categorizing my deck to some control (and can't blame: my hand was pretty controllish after all).

From here I Zenithed for Hermit Druid and as there were no answers,I was able to combo out next upkeep pretty easily.

In game 2 my starting hand was mediocre, but mulliganing 4 cards away netted me Hermit Druid which is always an edge as don't need to give a tutor sign. I also had Simian Spirit Guide so hand shaped up to again pretty good. I chose to go with Duress though, as wanted to know if need to play around something. Syras responded with Brainstorm, and for a while I thought countering it (had FoW again). I didn't, so I got to discard that white-black-flashbacking-spirit-spell-I-can't-remember.
As he didn't have anything, I had again pretty easy job to combo out.

Nevertheless, good games.

Vazdru

pyyhttu vs ChristopO in round 2

Syras vs cadaj in looser-bracket

Far below the earth

Vazdru

Payron vs Vazdru scheduled for Sunday 9.30 PM
Far below the earth

ChristophO

Just as a heads up (@Pyyhttu):
I will be playing in Lyon on the next weekend and have not seen pyyhttu online today . I will have a sports game in the afternoon but might be avaible again tonight.