Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XVI

Started by Vazdru, 17-10-2012, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyyhttu

Sure. My ICQ-profile is online 24/7, but reason I guess why you couldn't see me is that there wasn't authorization request. I've sent one on your way now, please add.

I'm also online tonight, so let me know when you're available to play.

Vazdru

Quote from: ChristophO on 28-10-2012, 01:46:09 PM

Just as a heads up (@Pyyhttu):
I will be playing in Lyon on the next weekend and have not seen pyyhttu online today . I will have a sports game in the afternoon but might be avaible again tonight.

if u play your match following to the one of Payron and me I'm pretty sure Tabris can provide vid + commentary
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

pyyhttu

Quote from: Vazdruif u play your match following to the one of Payron and me I'm pretty sure Tabris can provide vid + commentary

As it happened, ChristophO contacted around 8pm. German time and we went ahead and played out our match, sorry guys.

pyyhttu (emrakul-combo) - ChristophO (UBg Oath): 2 - 0

Not much happened during the games, as both players were fortified behind their counters. Couple of fast tennis matches ensued.

In game 1 I had a starting hand with little mana but good tutors (Demonic, Tainted Pact and Time of Need) plus some counters. I also had a first turn Terrarion, which Christoph decided to counter with Spell Pierce. He was also able to hose my mana with Wasteland. At some point I then played  Demonic, which fetched Show and Tell. I pondered for a while whether to fetch Channel, but I couldn't get the double green as Terrarion got countered. Both of us continued to play land, until in three mana Christoph tapped out for Liliana of the Veil, but for that I luckily had a Spell Pierce of my own. While tapped out, I was able to play out Time of Need for Emrakul. Christoph didn't play anything, so I tried next turn Emrakul. Christoph on his own turn tried to play Consuming Vapors on it, but I had drawn a blue source for my FoW and was able to counter it.

In game 2 both of us played land until at 5 mana I played Gamekeeper. Christoph tried to play Jace the Mindsculptor on his own turn. I tried to counter with Pyroblast, which got Pact of Negation, but I again had FoW backup targeting Jace again. I got the turn, and I played Vindicate to my own Gamekeeper, which found Emrakul. Christopher had 5 mana and Pact upkeep cost to pay so he wasn't able to recover in time and Emrakul attacked for the win. Thanks for the games!

Vazdru

Payron (UG-AggroControl) vs Vazdru (Naya-Midrange) 2:0

Pre-Final: pyyhttu vs Payron (winner gets at least 5 booster)

Looser-Bracket:

Vazdru vs winner Syras / Cadaj
ChristophO vs winner peeler / effect

Far below the earth

Vazdru

view comments:

* I've expected Payron playing either RDW or an (anti-combo) UB-build with massive hand-disruption + counter-spells and expected Naya to have a good mu vs both archetypes

* i used the list of Matthias Frauenschläger Naya-Midrange as shell and made just some minor changes (cut e.g. Pod, Baneslayer, Reveillark, Goblin Ruinblaster, some non-basics // added Deathrite Shaman, Huntmaster, Thragtusk, Beast within, some basics), Matthias won a GP Trial and made top 8 on last GP, u can find his list here: http://mtgpulse.com/event/4985#66042

* i've made only a few test matches which turned out quite successful but nevertheless it's always hard to play a new deck - maybe i should have gone for one of my classic lists

* in retrospect i don't like that the deck don't play neither moon-effects nor PoP - i didn't changed it because i expected Payron playing a mono- or two-color-list

* imo matchup Naya vs UG-AggroControl is nearly balanced, i won vs Bant 2:0 same day which convinced me to take the list instead of Bant, RDW and WGB-Doran&Friends which were also in the lottery // the possibility to attack opponent, plainswalker and critters with direct damage same way let me choose R over U or B

* i should have gone for Bolt on BoP in G1 but i played greedy for T2 Crusader which i expected to be strong in this game (after i've seen Birds) ... on the other hand i needed that bolt for his problematic critters midgame too ...so i could have turned the one way or the other with T1 Bolt instead T1 Pilgrim

* i've had a quite good feeling in g1 since bribery resolved - it turned the table in a drastic way obviously (maze, edge, 6/6 critter), i didn't attacked with Ooze the turn after because i've thought he would block with thrun and attack back with titan for which i still wouldn't have had any answer, so I played Thoctar to have a chance to get rid of titan...better play would have been to push ooze on 7/7 maybe but would lost the game on the spot if he had bounce or removal for ooze..on the other hand bounce or removal win him the game in this situation anyway

* g2 i shouldn't have kept metamorph which were a dead card for almost whole game, i was under the impression of Titan, Thrun, Edric and Sword of Fire and Ice which let me keep that card - wrong choice

* I've forgotten to attack with Elves once, it had no deeper meaning, i recognized the blunder a second too late

* after Jace bounce Titan i've had the plan to make some preasure with man-lands + Kessig, stifle totally ruined my gameplans  :-[

* i hoped he would counter Beast Within eot to give me the window for some buisness in my turn - it didn't work obviously as Token killed me and he still had 2 counters in my turn for Titan + Call

* worse draws in g2 as in the games before that day, lots of one-drops (2 elves, lavamancer, deathrite shaman) + mana flooded isn't a good combination obv. facing a hand full of mighty buisness spells ... i wonder the game still took that long with such substandard draws of mine

* I've obv. totally forgot metamorph has no backside - but i wasn't the only one ;-) wouldn't have changed the game anyway

thx for the good and intensive games
Far below the earth

Tiggupiru

Quote from: pyyhttu on 28-10-2012, 09:55:31 PMI got the turn, and I played Vindicate to my own Gamekeeper, which found Emrakul. Christopher had 5 mana and Pact upkeep cost to pay so he wasn't able to recover in time and Emrakul attacked for the win.

Vindicate on a land for the immediate win?

Payron

Pyyhttu (RB aggro) - Payron (RG LD)

First game: He won the role and started with Diregraf Ghoul. In my turn I played a land + chrome mox with a mana dude in it which maybe was the wrong choice and played punishing fire in his turn as he attacked. He followed up with a 2/1 shadow dude and i started playing 2 ld's on his lands in the next 2 rounds but he could keep up with the pressure and i missed my 3rd land (fourth mana) 2 turns which gave him enough time to beat me down with his weenies. In the end he had no lands but I couldn t find a burn spell for that shadow dude

Second game: I started with a mana dude and he responded with goblin guide followed up with the Porcelain Legionnaire, which played into my hands because i could play arc trail + tarmogoyf ... at this point i feelt realy safe, but then he played Perish which cleaned my board. In the end I could cut him off black and forced dmg with a fulimantor mage and a man land. He drew some burn spells on me and tryed to finish me off with Falkenrath Aristocrat, but was forced to fetch for blood crypt and i had a burn spell left so i could of finish him off.

Third game: point of the game was that I could ramp into a fourth round ptitan with chrom mox and city of traitors whoch gave me all advantage i needed to win

1:2

thx 4 the games

peeler

Some facts from my point of view:
In game I obv. had a very good draw, which should put more or less every deck under presure
About the spellskite, I also considered using StoP but, i want to deal searing blaze 3 damage which mostly works only in the first turns, so the wasted 3 damage i get back and i slow roll hard removal for problemcreatures a this point i think effect could play a more controlish deck with fatguys...

In game 2 I considerd takeing mull to 6 cause of my slow hand but with 3 lands and 2 powerfull 4 "drops" i hoped to play a line of monk hellrider geddon... but i get a little screwd and even blood moon disrupted me... so without ajani and more buisness by effect i would be hard to win... btw. treachery one turn early would have been good, like tabris said...

Vazdru

peeler vs ChristophO next round
Far below the earth

Syras

Syras vs Cadaj (both 4c Goodstuff no red)

G1: He starts with Forest and Green Suns Zenith for Dryad Arbor. I waste his Dryad since my only alternative would be Senseis Divining Top and I did not have a two drop. He plays Island and counters my Top with Spell Pierce. He has a Top of his own but no other play. On three lands I play Loxodon Smiter and (on 4 lands) destroy his answer (O-ring) with a Maelstrom Pulse. While he is still on three lands I've drawn nearly only lands with Path to Exile and Sword of Fire and Ice being my last two spells. But that proofs to be enough when he taps out for Kitchen Finks which get exiled by Path EOT opening him up for Sword + Equip on my next turn. He finds no answer with Top and scoops.

G2: He mulligans to 5 (which is pretty solid though) but I have a very good 7 with turn one Noble Hierarch into turn two Inquisition of Kozilek + Qasali Pridemage. He manages to deal with the Pridemage and my next drop (Dreg Mangler) but a Vendilion Clique finally gets him.

2:0

Both games were very one sided and therefore not much fun.

Cadaj

Syras vs. cadaj my 2 cents

We both play 4c GoodStuff no red, he plays a more aggressive version which favors him slightly

G1 he overwhelms me since i dont find one of my counter for his sword or removal for his Loxodon Smiter until its too late.

G2 ends pretty much on t0 since i have too mull to 5, on my first hand i keep land, bob, geist and spoil 4 (pretty good odds for at least a second land, since i play 36 land in my version), it obv didnt connect my 6 are maze and 5 spells, my 5 is pretty good for 5 but obv 2 cards adv from the start of the game is too much in the mirror

not so good games but still awesome tournament and i hope it catches on (like monthly or so)

Good Luck too all who are still in :D

Vazdru

Syras vs Vazdru (again  ;)) in next round
Far below the earth

Tabris

I am still interested in recording those games ;)