Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XVI

Started by Vazdru, 17-10-2012, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

peeler plays vs winner Syras/Vazdru next round

the winner of that match faces pyyhttu in the "Petite Final" for at least 5 booster

my match takes place on cockatrice bout 9.45 pm today

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Syras did it again and bashed my face ... like he always does when playing vs. me

Syras plays peeler in next round
Far below the earth

Vazdru

few notes:

* my deck has a poor match-up vs tokens, i've lost already vs Maqi's Tokendeck on TNM
* t2 bitterblossom in both games and nice draws (g1 Sword L&S) on his side makes mu even worse  ::)
* Syras expected I would play my Buried-Alive-deck which i played during last months on TNM Karlsruhe - i should have played RDW which was deck-choice no. 2 this time just to surprise him  ;), vs RDW T2 Bitterblossom isn't that good  :)
* like on PTQ Mannheim he kicked me out of a tournament  ::)
* g1 i felt flooded + Liliana and Edict which were not very strong vs tokens obv. - on the other side unnecessary to mention Deathrite Shaman is quite nice vs. my deck
* i play lots of cantrips and have a low cc-average. As i was flooded g1 i decided to keep 2 lands + 1 spell in g2, gives me a chance to get one land in 6 cards which seems pretty fair - i was i fear to get flooded like in g1 keeping 3 lands + 1 spell / better choice maybe 3 lands + 2 spells and mull for 2 but i wanted to dig deeper through my deck because intuition supports combo-plan
Far below the earth

Syras

Syras - Peeler 2:0

Tabris wird wohl in den nächsten Tagen das Video posten.

Vazdru

next round Syras vs pyyhttu

winner gets at least 5 booster

Far below the earth

Tabris

pyyhttu

Syras (4c-goodstuff, I think) vs. pyyhttu (Emrakul-combo): 1 - 2

Tabris recorded the game, so I'll let him to tell the story. Spoiler alert: Lost first game to Thoughtseize, won second with top decked Emrakul, won third one with second turn Oath into Emrakul (triggered by Syras' first turn Birds).

Vazdru

so we have a final:

pyyhttu will play payron

if pyyhttu wins first best-of-three match, there will be another one

if payron wins first, he will be the champion

have a good one!

edit: the decks may differ between match 1 and match 2
Far below the earth

Syras

Some remarks from my side:

* My deck has a strong token Theme to support cards like Contamination (and Humility btw.) and that is also the reason I play Elspeth Tirel
* I did not play the Thoughtseize in g2 because I wanted to wait for him to play a tutor. Because it is often the case that combo decks like this have multiple tutors in hand. So if you wait for them to play the first one you can take the second. This leaves them with one combo part instead of one tutor. I'd like to hear opinions about this from others.
* I don't play Karakas. I cutted it just recently to fit another manland. Maybe that was a mistake. But I want to play 6 basics and I got a lot of answers to creatures already and Karakas only really shines against Emrakul. And as Tabris pointed out correctly...my deck has a number of answers against that card.
* Tabris was also right about my deck highly depending on drawing a discard spell. I will consider playing Castigate too

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 30-11-2012, 12:47:51 AM
so we have a final:

pyyhttu will play payron

if pyyhttu wins first best-of-three match, there will be another one

if payron wins first, he will be the champion

have a good one!

edit: the decks may differ between match 1 and match 2

still looking forward to see the finals  ;)

it would be nice to have the result within this week so i can invite the Top 8 based on the final ladder of 2012 for the championships
Far below the earth

pyyhttu

I left Payron and Tabris a message in ICQ. I have time tonight.

Payron

ok sounds good :) message me when you have time