Main Menu

BUGrow

Started by Necronom, 05-05-2009, 05:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necronom

Hi,
I read this forum and play HL for a long time now but never really felt like posting here. Well, things change... :) So, I'll be glad to hear your comments on this one:

Creatures (25)

Quirion Dryad
Scryb Ranger
Dark Confidant
Spiketail Hatchling
Gilded Drake
Cloud of Faeries
Spellstutter Sprite
Eternal Witness
Bone Shredder
Nyxatid
Kira, the Great Glass-Spinner
Weatherseed Faeries
Sea Drake
Vendilion Clique
Trinket Mage
Man-o'-War
Pestermite
Lorescale Coatl
Psychatog
Shadowmage Infiltrator
Squee, Goblin Nabob
Venser, Shaper Savant
Sower of Temptation
Mystic Snake
Genesis

Spells (38)
Chrome Mox
Mox Diamond
Tormod's Crypt
Mind Twist
Rancor
Ghastly Demise
Duress
Brainstorm
Stifle
AEther Vial
Sensei's Divining Top
Bonesplitter
Life from the Loam
Survival of the Fittest
Demonic Tutor
Chainer's Edict
Diabolic Edict
Tainted Pact
Standstill
Daze
Remand
Counterspell
Impulse
Miscalculation
Mana Leak
Trickbind
Winer Orb
Lightning Greaves
Maelstrom Pulse
Krosan Grip
Frantic Search
Intuition
Thirst for Knowledge
Grafted Wargear
Fact or Fiction
Gifts Ungiven
Gush
Force of Will

Lands (37)
Volrath's Stronghold
Mishra's Factory
Dust Bowl
Wasteland
Yavimaya Coast
Watery Grave
Overgrown Tomb
Gemstone Mine
Bloodstained Mire
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Flooded Strand
Polluted Delta
Lonely Sandbar
Cephalid Coliseum
Faerie Conclave
6x Island
Tranquil Thicket
Pendelhaven
Treetop Village
4x Forest
Barren Moor
7x Swamp

P.S. I don't have any dual lands in these colors. So, for now - no duals. :) I need to trade a Breeding Pool... 'cos I don't have one also.

Necronom

Still no comments, critiques etc.? C'mon guys, I know there's quite enough room for improvement! ;)

pyyhttu

QuoteSo, I'll be glad to hear your comments on this one:

QuoteStill no comments, critiques etc.?

You should provide a little bit more test results and initial commenting yourself: What's your meta like, have you experienced some problematic match up with this build, have you already tried some card choices as the answers, how did they fare...

Ordinary highlander lists are tedious to read and require more input than just a decklist from a designer to spark interest in others, otherwise this goes to /dev/null

Necronom

Quote from: pyyhttu on 06-05-2009, 05:47:10 PM
You should provide a little bit more test results and initial commenting yourself: What's your meta like, have you experienced some problematic match up with this build, have you already tried some card choices as the answers, how did they fare...

Ordinary highlander lists are tedious to read and require more input than just a decklist from a designer to spark interest in others, otherwise this goes to /dev/null

I see your point. Well then - the basic idea of the deck is to play aggro-control, hindering the opponent's gameplan while trying to deal some damage at the same time. The idea was to be skies-like with good utility creatures, permission and some removal. As for testing - I must admit, I have played only a few games with it. So no general conclusions, at least for now. For the moment I'm not sure for one card - Nyxatid. It seems kinda random to me... no evasion, no nothing... maybe it has no place in this particular build (with more discard perhaps it will be ok). The other stuff feels ok for now. After some more games I'd be happy to share my observations.

Fish

Hello. First of all I have to say I am not quite an expert in deckbuilding at least with these colors but I may have some ideas for your deck. It is up to you if you can use some of them (depending on you metagame and such). I will write comments to every card of course.
It is difficult to say what you have to exclude instead of the following cards so I write only the list of the cards you could consider playing:

creatures:
Mulldrifter - I like this guy, it is quite expensive (5 mana) to be "only" 2/2 flyer but still you can draw some extra cards and in the late game you have something you can hit your opponent with.
Trygon Predator - I would try to play this one beacuse of his ability to destroy artifacts and enchantments
Ohran Viper - well, this one is just an idea, cause for 3 mana you hit only for one, but one extra card may be helpful and usually opponent doesn't want to block it
Hypnotic Specter - I like this one too, random discard ability is great and it is flyer again
Oona's Prowler - this one is supposed to be the beater and if your opponent discards a card it is usually good for you (if he doesn't play some kind of crazy survival or reanimation)
Serendib Efreet - for 3 mana, it is 3/4 flyer
Kitchen Finks - some extra lifegain and it is difficult to kill but I am not sure if it works with your strategy
Troll Ascetic - untargetable, regeneration and works well with equipments

non-creatures:
Sword of Fire and Ice - your deck seems to me like your guys want to carry something heavy and this one is really great with most of your creatures and also with most of the creatures I mentioned
Mask of Memory - again this is quite a usefull equipment
Moment's Peace - I love this card in decks such as yours but maybe it is not good enough for you but it can give you some time
Putrefy - kills creatures and artifacts, I would try this one
Isochron Scepter - you have plenty of 2 mana spells you can use this card with (Remand, Counterspell, Memory Lapse, Impulse, Trickbind) so it will usually be helpful to you and also it is quite good with Moment's Peace if you can protect it
Engineered Explosives - you play three colors, so it could be useful and it works well with Trinket Mage

Maybe I wouln't play:
Psychatog - did you test this one ? with survival you dont want to remove so many cards to use him at full strength
Frantic Search - I played this one in UW deck and I really didn't like it, cause it didn't give me extra cards
Weatherseed Faeries - do you play this one only for protection from red? is it beacuse of your metagame or just like that? :)

I hope I helped a little bit.

SpecialBats

Hmmm... Mesmeric Fiend seems like he'd be strong in highlander. I'm not much for Bone Shredder personally, I feel like he just gets killed.