Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VI

Started by Vazdru, 12-04-2009, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastaboi

Nastaboi GBR Tokens vs. Codexx Ur 1/1's

2 - 0

1st game: He managed to deal ten and I did seven damage to myself before I got an active Sharpshooter which killed his deck.

2nd game: I had just Plagued Rusalka beating him down as I slowly ran his counters down. He then made very questionable play at the end of my third turn using kicked Rushing River on two Goblin tokens first and then Gushing his remaining lands to hand not even waiting to untap first. Four land drops later, facing lethal he extended his hand of Price of Progress and Psionic Blast, which together would have been enough.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

lio123

lio123(RB goblins)  vs  pyyhttu(RDW)
                                 2:1

1. game: We both played only mountain on the first turn. On second i put Pendelhaven and played goblin lackey and attacked with him another turn. Pyyhttu tried to kill him with magma jet, but i pumped him with pendelhaven and put goblin king into the game. I used goblin lackey next turn again, 3 lands in the game and full hand of goblins. I had about 12 life in the end.

2. game: Pyyhttu let me play first. But i had slow hand and i had to block his creatures with my goblins. When i was on 8, i almost stabilized the game. But eot i got the flames of ebon hand and in his turn Rhystic lightning. All my lands were taped.

3. game: I started game with barbarian ring and aether vial. Pyyhttu put the mountain and passed. I played goblin patrol and passed. He casted some lightning to me at the end of turn. In his turn he destroyd my only land, but i put lackey into the game. Lackey put into the game siege gang commancer. Pyyhttu tried to kill some goblins, but i had full hand of goblins, so he gave up.

lio123

lio123(Gb Elves) vs Sturmgott(mono black aggro)
                             2:0

1. game: i played some 1/1 elves. Sturmgott killed one of them with necrataal and turn later added Oona's Prowler. We both attacked, but i blocked necrataal and eot played Caller of the Druids, so i had a little advantage. In critical situation, I topdecked Staff of Domination and with its "tap" ability won the game

2. game: we both had many creatures on the table and i was under the preasure, but game crashed :(

3. game: my first creatures were Essence warden with some 1/1 mana elves and sensei divining top, Sturmgott has skittering skirge and sacromancy. I tried block his zombie token with 2 1/1 elves, one died on smother and second on lethal dmg. I fortunatelly had Caller of the Claw again, so i started attack him. Next turn i drew Sylvan messenger for quirion ranger and fierce empath, which found Regal force. Then i topdecked Sylvan Srycing for Gaea's cradle, played some elves, generate 7 mana, played Regal force (8 cards) and there was Prowess of the fair. I had 8 life and him about 9 life. Sturmgott tried to topdeck something, but he drew Stillmoon Cavalier and gave up.

Sturmgott drew 4 swamps in the row and had 7 lands, mox and 6 or 7 other cards in the last game, so it was a little bit unfair. 

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing wins 2-0 over Payron
(5C-Control feat. Oath)      (Rb-Goblins)

G1: Jan started out playing an early turn Vexing Shusher by discarding land to Mox Diamond. That is a nice card against my control deck. I had starting hand Mind Twist and I fired it for x=2 which was Payron's whole hand. He had 0 cards left and two agro goblins in play. I played Enlightened Tutor and fetched Oath of Druids. Played the Oath and that resolved in Jan sacrificed both his goblins to Skirk Prospecter. A nice move for both of us. I now had no threads ahead of me and Jan didn't have to face an Oath effect. The game sort of looked like a standstill but since I was the control player, the game looked pretty good to me. I played Liliana and Vess got me Demonfire which won me the game the following turn. 1-0

G2: I had starting hand: Oath, Lightning Helix, Banefire and lands where one of them was Library of Alexandria (LoA). Pretty nice. Jan starting out fast once again with Mox Diamond and a turn 1 goblin again. I played LoA in my first turn. Turn 2 he played Zo-Zu the Punisher, but Zo hit a Lightning Helix and I was back to 19 life. Jan then made a move who caused the game to drag out for a very long time. He played Winter Orb. Winter Orb usually screws up my deck, but I had Coalition Relic. I later got time to play Demonic Tutor fetching Darksteel Ingot (I knew I should not find Winter Orb answer because Winter Orb stopped my opponent from winning too fast. I choose the land-advantage instead provided by Relic and Ingot). I played Oath and Jan once again killed his own creature with Incinerate this time. Some turns later (I think it was 10 turns later due to the standstill in the game) I played Panoptic Mirror. In my upkeep I just had enought mana for imprinting Time Warp and that made my opponent scoop. 2-0

Kassow-Rossing

@Kassow: That's some weird choices (creatures) for an oath...
[/quote]

Yep it is :) But as Vazdru said: I do not play regular 5-colour Oath. I play creature like Shadowmage Infiltrator and Loxodon Hierarch who actually can be played hard-casted. I try both versions but the first two games I've played my real life deck

Mythrandir

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 21-04-2009, 05:55:56 PM

@Kassow: That's some weird choices (creatures) for an oath...

Yep it is :) But as Vazdru said: I do not play regular 5-colour Oath. I play creature like Shadowmage Infiltrator and Loxodon Hierarch who actually can be played hard-casted. I try both versions but the first two games I've played my real life deck
[/quote]

ok, i misread.. though it was 5c oath. After we play our match you've got to let me take a look at your list, please ;)

Kassow-Rossing

ok, i misread.. though it was 5c oath. After we play our match you've got to let me take a look at your list, please ;)
[/quote]

Certainly!! You can see them already if you want. The tournament is quite casual to me, so I do not mind :)

Add me to ICQ if you want and you can get the 3-4 different version of the deck (I play) on MWS
-Patrick Kassow

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Blue Skies) vs. Peeler (UGw AggroControl) 2-1

Game 1: He has Survival turn 2, but I keep stealing his creatures one by one by casting Gilded Drake, then bouncing it, rinse, repeat. LoA adds up to the fun at some midgame-point, in the end he was left with nothing but a useless SotF, Tropical Island, two Islands and a Man-o'war, me having his Tarmogoyf, his Noble Hierarch, his Birds of Paradise, my Ninja of the Deep Hours, ... quite funny

Game 2: This time he has a fast Rhox War Monk which I can never really get rid of. I keep fighting and bouncing, facing Spike Weaver stopping me dead in my tracks for a turn, and in the end he can FoW my final-effort Rushing River and his Garruk, War Monk, 3/3 Beast, Birds of Paradise are enough vs. my low life.

Game 3: I have a huge start with Island, Flying Men, FoW, Sigil of Sleep, Standstill, Unsummon. My first draw step finds the 2nd Island, while he didn't find a second blue mana source for the rest of the game making for an easy victim.

2-1

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (5cStax) vs Peeler (UGW-Bant-Aggro-Control) 2:1

1. Game
First turn LoA for me, he has Birds of Paradise. After that the Staxdeck did what it is supposed to do. Artifactmana after Artifactmana. He got an early Survival, which got me into a little thinking, but I had too many spells which could resolve despite gaddock teeg. After I cleared the board with firespout I could resolve Upheaval and 3 turns later Nicol Bolas (Planeswalker) stealing rhox war monk. Then chandra and Tezzeret came online...gg

2. Game
crushed with him having 2 lands (he was screwed the whole game) and me having countless artefictmana but only mindslaver on hand...

3. Game
He does what he can do best: Second turn survival followed by trygon predator and gaddock... Nonetheless I can hardcast Empyrial Archangel with Tabernacle in play. But I don't pay the upkeep and am dead two turns later ::).

4. Game
Sensenmann plays Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.

peeler plays Treetop Village.

Sensenmann plays Tendo Ice Bridge and Talisman of Indulgence.

peeler plays Flooded Grove.

Sensenmann plays Volcanic Island and Fellwar Stone.

peeler plays Karakas and Troll Ascetic.

Sensenmann plays Deserted Temple and Gilded Lotus.

peeler plays Polluted Delta, sac, plays Rafiq of the Many and then attacks with Troll!! :o.

Sensenmann plays Grand Coliseum and Crumbling Sanctuary.

peeler plays Elspeth, Knight-Errant, pump Troll, attack for 14! So I would have been dead without Sanctuary...

Sensenmann plays Rishadan Port and Tezzeret the Seeker, seeking Smokestack!

In peelers turn Rishadan Port taps Treetop Village and thanks to Deserted Temple Flooded Grove, too. Peeler attacks for another 14 removed cards. He plays wasteland and evokes mulldrifter.

Sensenmann puts a counter on Smokestack, plays Timetwister, Armageddon, Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale... Two turns later peeler types gg. Timetwister is a hell of a card in this format especially in stax  :D

Kassow-Rossing

So the game ended 2-2 against Peeler?

Mythrandir

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 23-04-2009, 02:58:58 PM
So the game ended 2-2 against Peeler?

game 2 crashed... i think..

what seems weird is "i dont pay upkeep"... did you forget?

rooobiee

Goblin Piledriver (RG Beatz) - rooobiee (GUwb-Survival) 2:1

I don't remember that much, the match is one week ago...GP wanted to write a report, but there is nothing until today, so i give a short report:

G1: i cut him from red mana by killing his Bird of Paradise. He had forest and Horizon Canopy in play while i send him back his River Boa with Crystal Shard each turn. He didn't draw into a land, so he conceded.

G2: Magus of the Moon made this one for him.

G3: Game crashed 3 times, each time he was in a much better board position, so i gave up after 3rd crash (i wasn't dead already, but close to it each game)

rooobiee

Nastaboi

Nastaboi MWC vs. Goblin Piledriver You'll Never Guess What

2 - 1

G1: He had nice start while I was flooded.

G2: Silver Knight hold his aggression with help from some chumpers. Tangle Wire slowed me down a bit, but when I finally got out under it I tapped out for Deptor's Knell. I had Martyr but just a few cards in hand, so I opeted to play my hand out and finished him with his own creatures instead.

G3: He had Gruul Guildmage which he had to use every turn to get past my cumping defenders. When he played his 3rd creature I Wrathed and EOT tutored for Knell again. He got Viridian Zealot for it before it could wreak havoc, and the game was stalled until I found Crovax, which wiped out his team of X/1's, and he scooped it up.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

peeler

peeler (UGB Reanimator) 2 vs Kassow-Rossing (5cc) 0

First Game i could reanimate Akroma in turn 5 (or so), an he didn`t find an answer fast enough.

Game 2:
I could resolve intuition for LftL, Wasteland, bazaar which generate awesome cardadvantage, evenso he mind twisted me for 4, I could reanimate Spirit of the Night (StoP) and after a while Hellkite overloard. On 8 Life he could handle Overloard and has a counter for my end of turns gifts. But in my turn i wnt shopping finding land and zombify, discard 3 lands (LftL) reanimate Overloard, he was tapped out - no FoW. GG

Ferris

Ferris (UWG Bant) - Sensenmann (Staxx) 2 - 1

G1: boring game - i start with some dorks - he plays Moat - i have no solution - he plays Wildefire - i have no counter - he wins

0/1

G2: also boring - i start with first turn aethervial 2nd turn laps dynamo / vial bird 3rd turn delay dynamo vial tundra wolve - turn 4 he plays Gilded lotus as his only artifact and glimmervoid i vial predator eot - gg

1/1

G2: slow start from both sides - around turn 6 he has ~9 mana and no buissnes - i have looter en kor and mindcensor + 4 counter in hand! after 6 turns he is down to zero

Highlights: Played pact of negation with stasis orb on board