Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VI

Started by Vazdru, 12-04-2009, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

5cc Mythrandir Vs Vazdru UW Fish

well, i though i already posted this, but it seems i failed to hit "post" or something, so can't recall details, anyhow:

Game 1: I countered his tithe with evasive action + vindicate on his 2nd land made him screw for the rest of the game. Counter won me the game

Game 2: i had an early trygon predator and he had tutor for the BTB, but since trygon was in play he had to have some answers for it first. after a while he played BTB but i had pact of negation :D and my deck went aggro mode.

2-0 never thought of it.. GGs,

i could swear that i had already written this.. =/.. oh well.

Sensenmann

The match against peeler ended 2:1 for Sensenmann as I wrote in the headline ;-) and yeah the second game crashed. And yes I forgot to pay the upkeep ::).

Sensenmann (5c-Staxx) vs. Doc (5c-Staxx) 2:1

1. Game
Doc manages to play artifactmana after artifactmana with only two lands in play. After that Garruk and Tezzeret are joining the party. I can counter Armageddon with my only Counter: Mana Drain. But two turns later there comes the Catastrophe!

2. Game
Nothing interesting happens until I have enough mana to lock him with my slaver and academy ruins. He scoops.

3. Game
This was a bit lame because I started with Forbidden Orchard giving Doc a spirit at his end of turn to cast an enlightened tutor. On my second turn I draw the tutored Oath of druids, play land and Oath.
Next turn I take one damage of a spirit.
On my turn after some milling there comes Empyrial Archangel. He takes one hit of my best fattie then can cast a Wrath of God. End of his turn I give him another spirit.
On my turn the oath triggers again and there comes the second best fattie: Sundering titan which takes two of his lands. With wasteland taking the third and ring of gix tapping his worn powerstone. In this situation he scoops.

After the mirror we played an interesting game for fun, he with his stax and me with some kind of GBw Recursion.

All games (except our 3rd) were pretty tense and close.

rooobiee

jaro (5c Enchantress [?]) vs rooobiee (RG, Goblin Piledrivers Build) 0:2

G1: Jaro doesn't play any buisiness except Exploration and Greater Auramancy. Keldon Maurauders, River Boa and Phantom Centaur hold the pressure on him so he gave up.

G2: Verduran Enchantress, Solemn Simulacrum and Honden of Cleansing Fire wasn't enough against Gruul Guildmage, Countryside Crusher (with Rancor) and Sarkhan Vol. I took control of Solemn, burned enchantress to the grave and was abel to attack for the last 11 lifepoints.

GGs

rooobiee

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Battle of Wits vs. lio123 Elves

2 - 0

He had a slow start first game, and after savage cantripping I got my colours fixed and tutored for Night of Soul's Betrayal just in case. He found some 2/2 elves though, but I had more than enough time to dig for a tutor and win with counter backup.

Second game started faster for him with 2nd turn Vanquisher, 3rd turn Scrapper + Tara's Batallion. I had 5 mana on my third turn, but could not Beseech for Wrath as two of them were artifact sources. I went for Ghastly Demise, and topdecked Treachery soon after. Bane of the Living finished it up.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Outlaw

Outlaw's RBW aggro vs. Nastaboi's DeathCloud Rock
2:0

Well, we had to restart our match, coz we realized in 3rd game that i play with Alara Reborn Cards.   :-\

After restart, he starts.
He was gathering his mana, duressing me and stuff. I played bitterblossom (EE said no sir!  :() and some creatures (Shambling Remains, Grim Lavamancer and Ethersworn Cannonist). Then he played deatcloud for 3, leaving me with shambling remains only and he had 2 land (1 of them was bounce land) and he was on 10 LP. I attacked him 2 turns and then he got Gifts Ungiven but found now answer, since he had no mana left.

Second game.
I played Withered Wretch on my 1st turn, he played Darkheart Sliver in his 2nd. Sliver was terminated in my turn and wretch attacked. He then played Sylvian Library and i played Elspeth and attacked for 5. He played demonic tutor but found no direct answer for Elspeth (or did he?). I played Stillmoon Cavalier and soldier token. He cleard the field with Damnation. I played lightning bolt EOT and Serra Avenger in my turn. He played Primal Command putting my Elspeth on top and shuffled my graveyard in library.  >:( And also duressed my ajani goldmane. I attacked for 4 (brought him down to 6 LP) and turn after, serra was killed by a Smother. I played Tangle Wire (I f***ing love this card  ;D). He played land, and then Life from the loam. End of my turn, as he was on 4 LP he fetched and i played Lightning Helix in response.

GGs!

@nastaboi: I just saw the question about our hockey team (as i was going through the log). Well, we failed to qualifiy in to the elite division 2 weeks ago. :(

Also, i forgot to report a game between Mythrandir and me.
I played Red Death and he played 5CC. I can't remember a damn thing. I can't even remember the final score. All i know is that i won.
@Mythrandir: Was it 2:1 or 2:0?

Mythrandir

Quote from: Outlaw on 29-04-2009, 11:36:36 PM

Also, i forgot to report a game between Mythrandir and me.
I played Red Death and he played 5CC. I can't remember a damn thing. I can't even remember the final score. All i know is that i won.
@Mythrandir: Was it 2:1 or 2:0?

2:1

i won the first, the second was really close one (i made a mistake with intuation..) and the third dust bowl won you the game..

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC vs Roobiee Bant aggro-control?

0:2

I thought he'd report it anyhow, we had a lot of troubles from the servers.

Game 1: He was dominating, i was left at 4 points but then started controling the board (next play was kithcen finks) game crashed.

Game 2: Can't remember much, he won.

Game 3: I had control of teh board until he dropped a colossus (i only had doran on the table) so i was on topdeck mode, one attack left for me to die, game crashed.. =/

Game 4: i was screw, he played a 3rd turn intuition for wasteland + LFTL + cycle. he dropped some creature and the game crashed, i was so mana screw i gave him the win, it was only fair.

Wish the gamed hadn't crash thouhg.

Vazdru

lio123 (Rb-Gobbos) - Vazdru (UWG-Enchantress http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=228.0)

1st: I won the die roll and began to drop some man-lands. He started with Frenzied Goblin, then Goblin Lackey and Mogg Flunkies. I've had Maze of Ith meanwhile and decided to use it vs the Lackey. My Mishra's Factory died to Nameless Inversion trying to block a gobbo. Later he dropped Arena and Bitterblossom. I've still haven't played a single spell when i reached 10 LP the next attack could bring the end. So i decided to play Soltari Confinement. He was still on 18 LP at this moment but Bitterblossom + Arena did my job. I've played my second and last spell for this game: Trade Routes, 5 hand Cards and 5 Lands in game - then i had just to wait a few turns till he died. In the end I've had Confinement, Trade Routes and 1 Land.

2nd: An epic game (70 minutes). I started with 4 Lands (1 Sanctum) Regrowth, Gifts, O-Ring, T1 Intuition from the top. He put much preasure on the board in the first few turns - i had T3 Oblivion Ring for one of his beaters and eot T4 Gifts....
-> Parallax Wave, Confinement, Ghostly Prison and Replenish. Lio gave me Confinement + Wave. I put Confinement in game to stay alive. His answer wasn't that bad -> Ruination leaving me with Plains, Island - thx to Sanctum i was able to play Intution...
-> Forest, Savannah, Temple Garden (still had Regrowth for Replenish in my hand).
In my turn i discarded Opalescense for Confinement + Regrowth for Replenish. But i still had no 4th land and had no way to get one as long confinement was in game - so i crossed fingers and topdecked land after confinement sacced.
Land -> Replenish -> Parallax Wave, Confinement, Opalesence, Ghostly Prison.

Do you see the Problem ... yes exactely, my Enchantments getting vulnerable to DD.

This way he managed to "kill" Confinement, Earthcraft before i was able to combo. In the end Mirari's Wake + 2 Enchantresses won me the game.

Great Games - Thx lio.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (5c-Stax) vs. Vazdru (UWG Enchantress) 2:1

Game 1: I have a huge start with Workshop / Spectral Searchlight, Land + two Mana Stones. Vazdru starts slow but plays Enlightened Tutor for .... Energy Flux!! Nevertheless I was lucky and Vazdru was stuck on two mana, and before he could find the third one I played Armageddon, soon followed by Tezzeret, the Seeker. Vazdru conceded.

Game 2: Except some mana Acceleration I have only Bitterblossom running, "countered" by Vazdru's Ghostly Prison. I have lots of mana, Crucible, and at some point he taps all his four lands in my eot to play Gifts Ungiven for Replenish, Regrowth, Energy Flux and Aura of Silence. I choose Replenish and Energy Flux to be put into his graveyard, luckily he fails to find his fifth land so he cannot play Regrowth for Energy Flux and play it in the same turn, so he decides to play the Earthcraft, so his Sanctum produces two instead of just one mana and then plays the Aura and sac it vs. my Thran Dynamo. Meanwhile I get my third Faerie Token which is irrelevant because on Vazdru's next turn he plays Squirrel Nest on his Forest. I cannot find an immediate answer and die to 100 squirrels next turn.

Game 3: I start with fetchland, Vazdru plays Library of Alexandria (on the draw!). In my turn I play Mox Diamond, discarding Tendo Ice Bridge, sac Delta for Scrubland, play Fellwar Stone. Eot Vazru draws a card with his LoA, untaps and plays an Island. In his eot he discards Opalescence. Next thing I do is play Chrome Mox, Imprint Rout (W), tap both Moxes, Fellwar Stone and Scrubland and cast Ravages of War. In response, Vazdru draws another card with his LoA, then the lands are defeated and I play Glimmervoid. Some turns later I get Tezzeret, untap two Artifacts and say go. Vazdru takes upon the opportunity and casts Eladamri's Call for Argothian Enchantress, so now he has a blocker for my 4 mana artifacts which threaten to attack him next turn (this would of course cost me the Tezzeret), so I decide to untap my artifacts again despite Vazdru having played Genju of the Cedars on his Temple Garden last turn. In his turn he attacks my Tezzeret with his Forest, bringing him down to 2 loyalty. I could have quite easily decided the game instead by sacrificing all 5 counters on Tezzeret to seek for Mishra's Helix and continue to tap him out in his upkeep forever. Soon after he played Idyllic Tutor, again for Energy Flux, but he didn't manage to play it the same turn due to his lack of mana. This time I remove on of the two counters left on Tezzeret to find Sensei's Divining Top, desperately seeking for answers. I find the answer in the form of Demonic Tutor for Burning of Xinjye, leaving him with only Temple Garden + Squirrel Nest. Since Tezzeret is now down to 2 counters, and seeking for the top would bring him to 1, making him an easy victim to Vazdru's upcoming Squirrel, I decide to rather seek for 2 counters, sacrificing Tezzeret in the process. Still I can't find anything better than the top, put it into play, look at my top cards and find Dust Bowl. I draw and play it (I had Crucible of Worlds in play again), he produces his Squirrel and is left with that as only permanent. Next turn he doesn't have a land and attack me with his Squirrel. In my turn the Top + fetching action finds me Masticore. I shoot his Quirrel.

Nonetheless he manages to find another land, playing Land Tax (at this point my only land was Dust Bowl). I was glad for not having more than one land on the board. The top reveals 2 lands in my turn, + 1 mana artifact. I play Polluted Delta from my Yard, sac it (to shuffle my library) and after that I find Icy Manipulator on top. I draw it with my top and play it, tapping his basic Plains in his upkeep. He plays Windswept Heath, but in my turn again I manage to play another Armageddon effect. Masticore bring him to 6 life now. That was enough. 2:1

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (UBw Dreamhalls Combo) vs. Doc (5c Stax) 2:1

Game 1: I'm stuck on one land for the complete game, with Signet and Impulse in hand. 0:1
Game 2: I play Dream Halls on turn 3, then Infernal Contract, then Time Stretch... in the end Tendrils with storm count 30+ won the game.
Game 3: This time he manages to play an early Armageddon leaving me with one Signet. Nonetheless I could play Dreamhalls four turns later and again combo off. This time a 13/13 Flying Demon Token thanks to Promise of Power + several Time Walks won me the game.

Payron

Doc (Stax) - Payron (Zoo)

First Game: I play only 1 creature skyshroud Elite and had Mishras factory .. faith fetters on my creature slowed me down but I could still atatck with my factory but he found Rishdans Port ... I needed to handle the fetters with my O-ring and pumped my elf with griffen guid and attacked till he laid down future sight + smokestack .. in my following turn I attacked with my elf + factory (6 Damage) and played helix + chain lightning (6 damage) and he droped exacty down to zero

0:1

Second game: I had just aether vial and some creatures but only colorless mana with filter land + wastland .. so i decided to do pressure with vial and buy my time out with wasteland because I ahd also witness ... so the pressure was enough and i hold him down with wastlande ... he tryed to find an answer and with scroll rack, tainted packed, thirst of knowledge .. but in the end I had to much pressure and still answers on the hand

gg's

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (Ubw DreamHalls) vs. Sturmgott (5c-black control): 2-1

In game one I got to see Sturmgott's hand via Thoughtseize and chose Nevinnyrral's Disk to be discarded. Other cards were Wasteland, a Swamp, Mishra's Factory, Timetwister, Graveborn Muse and Mutilate. On his following turn he wastelanded my Caves of Koilos and passed the turn. The game went on me playing Impulse, Talisman of Dominance and Compulsive Research, getting my act together. Sturmgott on the other hand was stuck on 2 lands and soon scooped up after had only drawn Cabal Coffers from Night's Whisper and missed several land drops already.

In the second game Sturmgott raped my hand first with Hymn to Tourach and soon afterwards with Mind Twist X being 3. It left me only with some mana on the board and Dark Ritual sitting in hand. Bad news was that Dream Halls entered the grave, and I had just tutored it with Demonic Tutor and was nearly ready to enter the solitaire mode in the next turn. Sturmgott's Gifts Ungiven's Life from the Loam-pile and Death Cloud were just the final nails on my coffin.

In the third game I went first with no real bombs in my hand but with plenty mana acceleration and hand fixing. Sturmgott's start was insane as he dropped Library of Alexandria on the draw and soon after Graveborn Muse. I did what I could and hastily tutored Dream Halls and played it on the following turn praying he didn't have anything to disrupt my chain. After resolved Demonic Tutor to Conflux he revealed his hand and there was sitting Disenchant but with no white cards (and he was tapped out).

So got mega lucky in that last match but still GGs.

The version I tested was slightly modified Ossi Liukka's DreamHalls-combo listed in here.

Payron

saptox (4c-Control) - Payron (Zoo)

first game: I won the role and play first bur had no 1 drop .. he had second turn werebear aginst my 2/1 flyer ... I did some pressure with Burning tree shaman but he got control magic what got handled of me with kami of ancient law ... I had some more creatures and Port to tap his lands ... after a while he dominated me with Trygon Predator + Swords of fire and Ice

1:0

second game: I had first turn Isamaru followed by Solitary foot soldiar and tree top village ... he had trinked mage for explosives (handled later with tin street holigan) and hierach (handled by Flametounge kavu).. In the end I had to much pressure which he couldn t handle .. the last turn was predator from him and my solution from the top - o-ring

1:1

third game: I had good start with savanah Lion + bone splitter and skyshroud elite ... he had the faerie land, waste land and the alnd that can bounce wizzards with 3 lands he played trinked mage for a artifact land (tree of tales) and I wasted his U/B farie land ... with port i tapped his tree of tales 1 turn ... and did pressure with troll aketic and some mroe creatures in the end the flying and pump from elsepeth won me the game

1:2

gg's

Doc

Pyyhttu (RDW) vs. Doc (RDW) 0-2

1. Game
Both players have a quick start, so that the game ends in Turn 4 or 5. My luck was the first turn Black Vise, which made the difference. It was a very interesting damage race, in which Pyyhttu only 1 mana missed to win.

2. Game
In the second game he had a worse draw. He could not hanlde the fast Magnus of the Moon, Lavamancer (killed with Seal of fire) and Boggard Ram Gang.

Very fast games, the luckier player won.

Doc

Doc

Kassow-Rossing (5cc Planeswalker Oath) - Doc (RDW) 0-2

1. Game
A short game, because of a very good start of mine and a screw (2 lands) on his side.

2. Game
A few turns more, red was a bit lower than wished, and he began to become control, but his EOT Gifts was responded by Price of Progress an he had 5 nonbasics.

Nice games, very friendly opponent.

Doc
P.S. in the fun round later he won 2-1, so the deck works.