Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Heartbeat Combo) - Vazdru (URW SwansFire) 2:1

Game 1 I die to his fast HQ critters, namely Aven Mind Censor, Glen Elendra Archmage, Venser.

Game 2 an early Mana Drain vs. his Darksteel Ingot gives me enough mana to play Palinchron on my turn 4, +Coiling Oracle, + Solemn Simulacrum. He never gets rid of the Palinchron and dies to it even though he resolves a Wildfire.

Game 3 I have an absolutely bad opening hand, but I'm optimistic since I have 5 lands, Force of Will and Mirari's Wake. While he massively accelerates with artifacts, I can only play one land a turn and say go. Luckily he doesn't have any critters in his first few turns, so I'm still at twenty when the beatdown starts midgame. First he drops an Ajani Vengeant, keeps my Plains tapped. I play Time Warp in my turn and with my now untapped plains I cast Mirari's Wake. I still have my Force of Will from the opening hand, a Pact of Negation in between countered his Glen Elendra Archmage. When he finally gets me into trouble with a Kitchen Finks equipped with SoFaI, I find another forest and thus I can despite my only other forest being Ajanied play Early Harvest. I draw 15 cards with Brain Geyser, find Rude Awakening among these, plus Stroke of Genius. I even have a red X-burn spell in hand, but I have already played the forest in that turn and didn't have any red mana available. I could play Rude Awakening with Entwine now, but the attack would only deal 21 damage to him, thanks to Kitchen Finks he's on 22 life though. So I continue to produce alot of mana and draw another 10 cards with Stroke of Genius, 8 Mana still available. I hope to find Mind Over Matter, and I do. Plus Candelabra of Tawnos and a Regrowth-type spell. MoM + Wake + Candelabra + more than 25 hand cards with 8 lands on the board makes about 150 mana easily, so I regrowth the Stroke and Stroke him into oblivion.

GGs!

MrGreen

MrGreen 5s Survival vs Nastaboi UBW Battel of Wits/Confinement 2:0

Game 1
I played a lot of creatures until he found Battle Wits. Luckyly I found a land on top of my libraray to cast Explosives for 5 and destroy the Battle. Then my creas killed him.
Game 2
I dont remember that game.

MrGreen 5s Survival vs pyyhttu Urg Control 2:0

Game 1
I played first turn land and Birds. He played a land. I destroyed the land with Vindicate. He played 2 more lands and I put Wonder onto the table. Wasteland Destroyed his Tropical and he had just 2 Isalnds left. Then he gave up.
Game 2
He played the blue Medaillion and got a Hermit Druid. He played Trinket Mage to find Senseis Top which i could counter with Daze. He tried a Time Spiral which was counter by Mana Drain which brought Elspeth and Glen Alendra Archmage to the table next turn. Druid milled Life, Genesis and a lot utility creatures. He conceded

Nastaboi

Quote from: MrGreen on 05-12-2009, 06:34:13 PM
MrGreen 5s Survival vs Nastaboi UBW Battel of Wits/Confinement 2:0

Game 1
I played a lot of creatures until he found Battle Wits. Luckyly I found a land on top of my libraray to cast Explosives for 5 and destroy the Battle. Then my creas killed him.
Game 2
I dont remember that game.

My deck has no Confinement, and I guess Pyyhttu was playing High Tide combo.

I flooded in the second one and he was winning he got Access Violation Error and we decided on replay. I mulled to 6 with LoA, Coalition Relic and lands. On my 5th turn I transmuted and played Timetwister with LoA up, but he Vensered my Library in resoponse and he drew business as I drew nothing but lands.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Olord (RDW) - Vazdru (UGb-Survival)

0:2

1: I won the roll. T1: Tropical + Elves (got burned), T2: He playes Jackal Pup + Figure (got drained) T3: Thirst (discard Tsabo's Web), Mox + Fetchland - he played Blood Moon which isn't that strong against my deck. End of T4 I've played Gifts for: Primal Command / Ravenous Baloth / Kitchen Finks / Mind Twist - I've got Baloth + Finks which won me the game thanks to SoFI :)

2: He was screwed and I've had T2: Tarmogoyf, T3: Trinket Mage (Explosives), T4: Glazing Gladeheart, T5: Simulacrum
Although he was able to get rid of Tarmogoyf (once) the game took too long which was obviously in my favour. I've had Recurring Nightmare (Simulacrum -> Tarmogoyf) + Gifts Ungiven (got FoW + Misdirection) for the win.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(UGB-Landfall)   vs   Tabris(UG)
2:1

After the match I was so happy to win(after the first game shock) that i firgot to save the game log.

Game1:
I started first turn Library of Alexandria. He played Pestermite used his Spellstuter Sprite efficiently. I had Shadowmage Infiltrator and Tarmogoyf. The game became more and more a damage race. Finally he killed me instantly with Venser and Grafted Wargear. This was a shocking suprise, I had first Round LoA and later Infiltrator.

Game2:
I started with Ancestral Vision , Shadowmage Infiltrator. He again, of course, with Pestermite.He started the aussalt with Troll Ascetic supported by Noble Hierach. We both had Wickerbough Elder and Treachery, which stopped my Infiltrator but only for a short time. Then with Hermit Druid, Volraths Stronghold and Shriekmaw(Noble Hierach). So with help from Wickerbough Elder the aussalt from Troll Ascetic was over. He played Back to Basic for preventing my Stronghold. My manabase was shorted by 3 Lands  he with 2. I draw Recurring Nightmare and shoted Back to Basic away freeing Volrath's Stronghold. Tabris played Gifts Ungiven for Regrowth, Eternal Witness, Phyrexian Furnance, Force of Will. I gave him Furnace and the Force. In my turn I used my Stronghold for Shriekmaw(against his Wickerbough Elder) giving him the opportunity to intervent with Furnance. He let it happend waiting for Recurring Nightmare. Finally I played Rampaging Baloths and Wasteland, and it was over.

Game3:
He started with Serendib Efreet and Noble Hierach. I had Kitchen Finks for keeping up in the damage race.He had Sword of Light and Shadow, but my Trygon Predator ended this and so he avoids me from losing quick. I used Spike Weaver so the game was even. With Jace Beleren, Survival o.t.F.  and Sensei's Divining Top i created my position to the position with the upperhand.Tabris tryed by using Scryb ranger instantly to ambush me, at this point I had to play without Trygon Predator .With Glen Elendra Archmage and Noble Hierach I got to the point where I was dominating. Finally Treachery and my creatures killed Tabris.

This were 3 long and hard games.

Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Irenicus

Irenicus (UGW-Aggro-Control) vs peeler (RGU Control)

2:1

Game1: LoA gets destroyed by Ghost Quarter, but Gaea's Skyfolk and Sea Drake, backed up by counterspells, win pretty   fast.

Game2: I have a slow start and didn't find a counter for a game-winning Wildfire.

Game3: Another slow start because I don't find a green manasource fast enough. But peeler is screwed too and a Trygon Predator, backed up by Venser with Karakas, takes it down.

Hurray, my first HLL-Win!  :D

Vazdru

Nastaboi (UR-Swans) - Vazdru (Black-Sui)

1: I won the roll and started with [ZEN]Power  ;D T1 Guul Draz Vampire, T2 Vampire Lacerator (just drawn) + Factory, T3 Duress (Thirst, Fire/Ice, Blood Moon, some lands - i took Fire/Ice). He just dropped Blood Moon to keep Factory away from his lifepoints. T4 I've played Tangle Wire to smooth the way for my two little vamps. At 5 LP he was able to burn one of my little guys. As i dropped Urami + Beckon Apparation eot it was enough to kill him in time just one turn before he could have wildfired me away.

2: This time I played more controllish and less agro. He had first play with T2 coldsteel heart. I started T2 Bitterblossom. T3 Sinkhole, T4 Bad Moon + Flesh Reaver which got countered, he dropped Swans. I tried Nether Void to keep him away from Wildfire so he searched Pact with Mystical in response which gave me another turn. I played Necro for 5 cards and go down to 10 Lp. As i guessed he played Wildfire for 4 Cards (swans) leaving me with just one land and after an attack of Swans with 6 lp. But Soul Spike (removing two black cards) was exactely the card i was looking for, going back to 10 leaving him with 4 lp. Mutavault + Faerie Tokens were enough to bring him down.

exciting game! Thx

0:2       
Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

How could you drop Urami when your opponent have Blood Moon?
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 08-12-2009, 11:50:36 PM
How could you drop Urami when your opponent have Blood Moon?

I've just meant i dropped (not activated) Urami. In better words: I dropped a Mountain, played eot Beckon Apparition to bring down his last 3 lp (Token + Lacerator)

But you're right - when i've played Urami I've thought about the option to sac it eot although the option never existed indeed ;)
Far below the earth

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (New Bant AggroControl) vs. derStefan82 (UWBg Control) 2:0

Game 1 I start with Verdant Catacombs, Fetch Forest, Birds of Paradise. My 2nd turn Anurid Brushhopper survives all his removal attempts and goes all the way.

Game I can simply counter everything he plays and kill him with some 2/2 critters.

-jFk-

-jFk- vs Peeler    2:0

Sorry, don't have much time, so I just post the log (short version):

-jFk- vs Peeler [09.12.2009 21:50:00]

0:00:00 [-jFk-] <-------- New Game Started -------->
0:00:00 [-jFk-] -jFk-'s Security Code: 48E18541 [???]
0:00:00 [-jFk-] Peeler's Security Code: 41104B6D [Type 1]
0:00:03 [Peeler] Peeler rolled a 13, using a 20 sided die
0:00:21 [-jFk-] -jFk- rolled a 5, using a 20 sided die

:::::::::::::::::GAME 1:::::::::::::::::

0:01:00 [Peeler] It is now turn 1 (Peeler)
0:01:13 [Peeler] Peeler plays Forest from Hand
0:01:14 [Peeler] Peeler plays Sensei's Divining Top from Hand

0:01:27 [-jFk-] It is now turn 2 (-jFk-)
0:01:30 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:01:33 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Isamaru, Hound of Konda from Hand

0:01:37 [Peeler] It is now turn 3 (Peeler)
0:01:41 [Peeler] Peeler plays Mountain from Hand

0:01:45 [-jFk-] It is now turn 4 (-jFk-)
0:01:48 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:01:50 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Isamaru, Hound of Konda
0:01:52 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 18 (-2)
0:01:56 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Mishra's Factory from Hand
0:02:00 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Mistral Charger from Hand

0:02:16 [Peeler] It is now turn 5 (Peeler)
0:02:20 [Peeler] Peeler plays Forest from Hand
0:02:23 [Peeler] Peeler plays Izzet Signet from Hand

0:02:28 [-jFk-] It is now turn 6 (-jFk-)
0:02:41 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:02:45 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Honor of the Pure from Hand
0:03:01 [-jFk-] Isamaru, Hound of Konda is now 3/3
0:03:01 [-jFk-] Mistral Charger is now 3/2
0:03:03 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:03:05 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Isamaru, Hound of Konda
0:03:05 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Mistral Charger
0:03:05 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 12 (-6)

0:03:58 [Peeler] It is now turn 7 (Peeler)
0:04:07 [Peeler] Peeler plays Mountain from Hand
0:04:10 [Peeler] Peeler plays Flametongue Kavu from Hand
0:04:16 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts Mistral Charger to Graveyard from Play

0:04:42 [-jFk-] It is now turn 8 (-jFk-)
0:05:14 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:05:18 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Elspeth, Knight-Errant from Hand
0:05:29 [-jFk-] Elspeth, Knight-Errant now has 5 (+5) counters.
0:05:38 [-jFk-] Isamaru, Hound of Konda is now 6/6
0:05:42 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:05:43 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Isamaru, Hound of Konda
0:05:43 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 6 (-6)

0:05:50 [Peeler] It is now turn 9 (Peeler)
0:05:59 [Peeler] Peeler plays Garruk Wildspeaker from Hand
0:06:01 [Peeler] Peeler untaps Forest
0:06:01 [Peeler] Peeler untaps Mountain
0:06:04 [Peeler] Garruk Wildspeaker now has 4 (+4) counters.
0:06:07 [Peeler] Peeler plays Pithing Needle from Hand
0:06:15 [Peeler] Pithing Needle's note changed: elspeth

0:06:23 [-jFk-] It is now turn 10 (-jFk-)
0:06:29 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:07:03 [-jFk-] Mishra's Factory is now 2/2
0:07:07 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:07:09 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Isamaru, Hound of Konda       --attacking Peeler
0:07:10 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Mishra's Factory      --attacking Peeler
0:07:53 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts Isamaru, Hound of Konda to Graveyard from Play
0:07:56 [Peeler] Peeler sacrifices Flametongue Kavu     --blocking Isamaru
0:07:57 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 4 (-2)
0:08:05 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Goldmeadow Harrier from Hand
0:08:07 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Samurai of the Pale Curtain from Hand
0:08:10 [-jFk-] Goldmeadow Harrier is now 2/2
0:08:10 [-jFk-] Samurai of the Pale Curtain is now 3/3

0:08:26 [Peeler] It is now turn 11 (Peeler)
0:08:41 [Peeler] Peeler plays Trinket Mage from Hand
0:09:01 [Peeler] Peeler puts Engineered Explosives into play from Library
0:09:06 [Peeler] Garruk Wildspeaker now has 3 (-1) counters.
0:09:12 [Peeler] Peeler puts a 3/3 Beast token into play

0:09:28 [-jFk-] It is now turn 12 (-jFk-)
0:09:39 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Karakas from Hand
0:09:51 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Unmake from Hand
0:09:55 [-jFk-] <-jFk-> beast

0:10:17 [Peeler] <Opponent is requesting a new game>

0:00:00 [-jFk-] -jFk-'s Security Code: 48E18541 [???]
0:00:00 [-jFk-] Peeler's Security Code: 41104B6D [Type 1]

:::::::::::::::::GAME 2:::::::::::::::::

0:00:00 [-jFk-] It is now turn 1 (Peeler)
0:01:14 [Peeler] Peeler plays Forest from Hand

0:01:16 [-jFk-] It is now turn 2 (-jFk-)
0:01:21 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:01:23 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Figure of Destiny from Hand

0:01:27 [Peeler] It is now turn 3 (Peeler)
0:01:30 [Peeler] Peeler plays Mountain from Hand

0:01:34 [-jFk-] It is now turn 4 (-jFk-)
0:02:16 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:02:18 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Figure of Destiny
0:02:38 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 19 (-1)
0:02:45 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Suntail Hawk from Hand
0:02:48 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Windbrisk Heights from Hand
0:03:01 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays a facedown card from Library

0:03:21 [Peeler] It is now turn 5 (Peeler)
0:03:25 [Peeler] Peeler plays Island from Hand

0:03:29 [-jFk-] It is now turn 6 (-jFk-)
0:03:36 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:03:50 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:03:51 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Figure of Destiny
0:03:52 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Suntail Hawk
0:03:59 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Plains
0:04:02 [-jFk-] Figure of Destiny is now 2/2
0:04:20 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 16 (-3)
0:04:24 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Stormfront Pegasus from Hand

0:04:33 [Peeler] It is now turn 7 (Peeler)
0:04:39 [Peeler] Peeler plays Island from Hand
0:04:43 [Peeler] Peeler plays Bloodbraid Elf from Hand
0:04:46 [Peeler] Peeler puts Izzet Signet into play from Library

0:04:57 [-jFk-] It is now turn 8 (-jFk-)
0:05:05 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Plains from Hand
0:06:30 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Grafted Wargear from Hand
0:06:42 [-jFk-] Grafted Wargear is enchanting Figure of Destiny now
0:06:44 [-jFk-] Figure of Destiny is now 5/4
0:06:46 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:06:48 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Stormfront Pegasus
0:06:49 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Figure of Destiny
0:06:50 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Suntail Hawk
0:07:07 [Peeler] Peeler sacrifices Bloodbraid Elf     --blocking Figure of Destiny
0:07:09 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 13 (-3)

0:07:15 [Peeler] It is now turn 9 (Peeler)
0:07:19 [Peeler] Peeler plays Forest from Hand
0:07:25 [Peeler] Peeler plays Treachery from Hand   --targeting Stormfront Pegasus
0:07:43 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Path to Exile from Hand   --response, targeting Stormfront Pegasus
0:07:48 [Peeler] Peeler sacrifices Treachery
0:07:51 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts Stormfront Pegasus to RFG from Play
0:07:55 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts Plains into play from Library

0:08:11 [-jFk-] It is now turn 10 (-jFk-)
0:08:28 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Sword of Fire and Ice from Hand
0:08:39 [-jFk-] Sword of Fire and Ice is enchanting Suntail Hawk now
0:08:41 [-jFk-] Suntail Hawk is now 3/3
0:08:42 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:08:44 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Figure of Destiny
0:08:45 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Suntail Hawk
0:08:46 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 3 (-10)
0:08:51 [-jFk-] -jFk- draws a card

0:08:58 [Peeler] It is now turn 11 (Peeler)
0:09:20 [Peeler] Peeler plays Primal Command from Hand   --giving 7 life and targeting Grafted Wargear
0:09:38 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 10 (+7)
0:09:41 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts a Grafted Wargear on top of Library from Play
0:09:43 [-jFk-] -jFk- puts Figure of Destiny to Graveyard from Play

0:09:53 [-jFk-] It is now turn 12 (-jFk-)
0:10:06 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Grafted Wargear from Hand
0:10:18 [-jFk-] Grafted Wargear is enchanting Suntail Hawk now
0:10:22 [-jFk-] Suntail Hawk is now 6/5
0:10:23 [-jFk-] It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
0:10:25 [-jFk-] -jFk- taps Suntail Hawk
0:10:25 [Peeler] Peeler's life total is now 2 (-8)
0:10:27 [-jFk-] -jFk- draws a card
0:10:31 [-jFk-] -jFk- plays Icatian Javelineers from Hand
0:10:35 [-jFk-] Icatian Javelineers now has 1 (+1) counters.

0:10:41 [Peeler] It is now turn 13 (Peeler)

0:10:58 [Peeler] <Peeler> gg
0:11:05 [-jFk-] <-jFk-> gg

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Helle WUB midrange?!

2:0

Game 1: he starts fast, land + mox diamond + gerrard verdict. But i drew like an evil man and got wasteland, after that i lay some lands + menaces which he disrupted/killed. eventually a FoF revealed me a deed and again i slow him down (taking his mox.. he was still a little mana screw). after that he got back on his feet and played loads of creatures and got me in the red zone (thanks to the help of parallax wave, removing my own critters) but i playd moat, then gifts, then wog, eventually i vindicated his elspeth and he conceded. i had stronghold + karakas + venser + eternal. GG, very intense!

Game 2: he plays serendib efreet i played FTK, but then he mind twisted me for 4. OUCH!! luckily the FTK got all the way through, i guess he didn't drew anything relevant, but i was drawing too many lands too =/.
he made a a mistake which would have probably turned the tables VS me, since i had nothing relevant, but he had LoA functioning.

Great 1st game. thks for playing

Payron

Peeler (boros) - Payron (boros)

1 - 2

First game: Hard race from both sides but in the end he won because i couldn t handle his Serra Avanger with Grafted Wargear

Second game: second round Countryside Crusher - 2 burn spells to kill him got countered with Harm's Way - 3rd round Tangel Wire - so he gave up ... i guess next round Elspeth would realy off finish the game

Third game: he did some pressure with Solitary tropper and an exalted creature ... I played Knight of Holy Nimbus and Solitary Priest ... followed by Winter orb + Mox diamond and a crused scroll on the table ... i top decked Undiscovered Paradies and had always 3 mana for scroll to removel all threads and was slowed down by Winter Orb

gg's

Seveneyes

Utopiamann (UWG RebelsControl) - Seveneyes (Reanimator) 1:2

First game, he drops an early Luminarch Ascension and counters a lot. I reanimate an Angel of Despair to destroy it, he gets a token in response and removes the Angel with Oblivion Ring. Damnation kills his token and Verdilion Clique and a hardcast Woodfall Primus destroy his Oblivion Ring. The Angel returns to play and kills Garruk. Primus catches a Sword, hardcast Simic Sky Swallower is answered by Force of Will, but the Angel finishes the game.

I get killed by second round rebel, search for bigger rebel, search for mirror entity and attack through the now big fellas.

I have a second round Survial, next round i discard angel of despair and play exhume, which gets counered and suspended by Delay. Three turn later it resolves again, fetching an Empyrial Archangel, who finishes the game.

Thx for games

Helle

Helle (UBw Baseruption) vs pyyhttu (Burn)

Game 1 I'm unlucky with the spoils mulligan and have to take another six. He then starts with a Goblin Guide that does about 10 damage to me. He screws me a bit with Molen Rain so that I never really get into the game.

Game 2 he starts to burn me from turn one on. I manage to get Looter il-Kor with Sword of Fire and Ice, Jotun Grunt and Mishra's Factory to beat him down. I'm at three life when he plays Rhystic Lightning but luckily I got two mana left.

Game 3 I go down to 9 really quick before I manage to take his burn with Gerrard's Verdict. Jotun Grund, Pestermite and Vendillion Clique beat him down before he can take my last lifeponts.

I won 2:1 with some of luck in a bad matchup.

Good games!