Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XVII

Started by Vazdru, 25-01-2013, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Quote from: Pacifist on 04-02-2013, 09:40:01 PM
Report of round 1:

This was the first time I ever played in a Highlander league. Looking up the pairings on this forum I noticed I had to play my cockatrice-buddy R4nd0m. Ugh :S
While being friends outside the arena, I know theres no holding back during the match. The gloves come off!! (:<

Me(playing junk aggro) versus R4nd0m(playing Ub tide) 2-0

I won the roll and keep a quite exciting hand: 2x fetch, kitchen finks, abrupt decay, loxodon smiter, bitterblossom, putrid leech.
I start with a land, and R goes with a snow island, and I directly put him on his high tide deck.
Turn 2 Putrid Leech comes through, attack his manarocks a little, while I get stuck on 2 mana and all my other spells get countered. Unlucky for him, its quite the opposite and he keeps drawing lands. A Smiter comes through and while the clock is ticking and his gastank gets empty, Putrid Leech finishes the deal while he fails to go off.

2nd game (mulling into: thoughtseize, 3 lands, shriekmaw, batterskull and putrid leech)Seeing hand disruption + pressure on turn 2 make me quite statisfied about the hand.

He choses to play and starts with snow island+jeweled amulet. My turn 1 thoughtseize sees a hand full of manasources + dizzy spell(which will often go for high tide) + future sight. Figured that taking the future sight would cripple his hand. Turn 2 he goes ramping while I played my freshly drawn strangleroot geist to apply some pressure. While he keeps ramping, I try to give him the least time possible. He slows me down a little with into the roil + snapcaster mage and does some fancy ca tricks with top+bounce. Too bad his deck runs dry again and sees mostly lands from the top. The green ugly army chokes the blue mage out meaning:

I advance to the second round. Boo-yah!!!
I'd like to give my props to R@nd0m for being the cool opponent he is + putting our games on a link:
http://www.filedropper.com/2013-02-03pacifistvsr4nd0m

See you next round ;)

Far below the earth

LarsL

Me (UW Control) vs Dirk Schäfer (Oath) 2-0

Game 1 starts with lite Disription on both sides while I get some dmg in with a Trinket Mage and a Snapcaster which adds up with his Crucible recycling a fetchland. My Spellskite blanks his Maze and I can race him before the card advantages of Crucible crushes me

Game 2 I waste his second land, he blanks on a Brainstorm and basically dies before he finds his second land

Vazdru

Far below the earth

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (Aluren-Swans) vs. DerStefan82 (PatternHulkHermit): 2 - 0

I won the die roll and went first. I had an opener with a fetchland, Brainstorm, Eladamri's Call, Daze and some good mana (City of Brass). So pretty OK. Stefan tries to go with a first turn mana elf, for which I brainstorm (revealing Lotus Bloom, Chain of Plasma and some tutor), and then proceed to Daze the elf. I try to go at some point for an early Aluren-combo, but don't find right tutors, so I change plans for Swans-combo (since I had Chain of Plasma already). In the end, game has proceeded to turn 7 by which then Stefan is one turn away from a combo of his own (he sylvan tutored for sacrifice outlet and had Pattern of Rebirth in play). However, I had Lotus Bloom in play, and have just enough mana to play on the same turn Swans and Chain of Plasma on it, which allows me to win with endless black mana and through emrakul shuffle effect looped Ebony Charms.

Stefan goes first in the second game and opens the game with Carrion Feeder, which I of course won't counter with Mental Misstep, as how dangerous can that guy be? I play a Deathrite shaman and a Chrome Mox, and with the suitable tutors in hands, try to go for Aluren plan again. Stefan has by now Qasali Pridemage, which I don't have any removal. I tutor for some other plan (Show and Tell) and hope Stefan can't combo. He ofcourse does, and sacrifices Rector for Carrion Feeder. I obviously miss the window to exile Rector with Shaman, but I'm able to exile Hulk. This puts Stefan behind so that I can get my Emrakul into play and eventually win with that.

Thanks for the games!

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Alara-Blood-Aggro)  vs  Olli(UB-Tezzeret-Control)  2-0

Game 1 : We trade creatures and enchantments and at the end I won with an active Elspeth, Knight of Errant.

Game 2: At the beginning I started with Wild Nacatal and Tarmogoyf. Olli shot the Nacatal and one of my few colored lands. Tarmogoyf was being hindered from attacking by Olli's Baleful Strix. I had Lingering Souls and Winter Orb to slowly grinder his life down. At the end I found another colored land and killed first his Talisman and then him with 2 burn spells.

Replays say more than thousand words:

http://www.filedropper.com/replay393548
http://www.filedropper.com/replay393138

gg's  cu
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. pyyhttu Naya LD

2 - 0

G1: I lost the roll but revealed Chancellor of the Annex. Unfortunately, pyyhttu had two two-mana lands to instantly Ice Storm my sacland. He killed a couple of more lands and got some dorks out, but eventually he run out of LD spells and I made it to three mana, putting down some giant lifelinking beaters.

G2: Tuomas had turn two Ajani Vengeant along with two LD spells. Fortunately for me, he thought Ajani's tap ability would work like Tamiyo's, and used it to my untapped land. That allowed me to cast Show and Tell, putting Take Possession on his Ajani and instantly ultimating him. I tutored for Hypergenesis soon after with Force of Will backup.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

r4nd0m1

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 09-02-2013, 07:08:27 PM

http://www.filedropper.com/replay393548
http://www.filedropper.com/replay393138

In case you care, its not working for me.

link 1 gives me the replayfile, but cockatrice crashes after the spoils mulligan.

link 2 just redirects me to the filedropper mainsite - also with copy/paste.

thx

Vazdru

hmm - i've watched the replays already

so it worked sometimes
Far below the earth

Vazdru

one first-round match is missing
vazdru - peeler scheduled for next tuesday 19th, 9 pm on cockatrice
if possible we play it earlier

second-round machtes:

winner-bracket
Tabris vs winner peeler/Vazdru
LarsL vs Pacifist
goblinpiledriver vs Hamsert
Nastaboi vs pyyhttu 2:0

looser-bracket
r4nd0m vs DirkSchäffer
LasH vs olii

pyyhttu vs looser peeler/Vazdru
Far below the earth

Hamsert

Me (Ur Control) 2-0 Lash (UG maybe control, couldn't see much)

Game 1: He had a really bad draw with ancestral vision turn 1 and even after resolving it he wasn't able to find more than 3 lands in this game. I had Jace Beleren Turn 4 and he conceded turn 7 when I played Consecrated Sphinx with counter backup.

Game 2: He had a lot of acceleration spells but no follow up, I had Trinket Mage in turn 4 which starts beating at him in turn 5 where he also gets a new friend: Grim Lavamancer. I was a little bit screwed at 3 lands but I drew a lot of burn spells and I managed to kill him with Trinket beats + Grim Lavamancer + burn before he could do anything bad with his future sight.

Hamsert

Round 2: Me (Ur Control) 2-1 GoblinPiledriver (Not sure, Scapeshift - Combo?)

Game 1: He played on the play Thrun turn 3, I played Back to Basics, he hit me turn 4, I play Imperial Recruiter and found Phantasmal Image for his Thrun, followed by Jace Beleren and then he conceded.

Game 2: Nothing interesting happened a few turns in the beginning he plays a lot of acceleration spells, I Mana drained his cultivate and got a Trinket Mage with Sword of War and Peace equiped, one turn later he kills me with Scapeshift.

Game 3: I'm a little bit screwed in the beginning, He played Wolfir Silverheart, I played Vendilion Clique and found his Flametongue Kavu, he drew Acidic Slime from the Clique and destroyed my Pithing Needle which was played for his Top (instead of destroying one of my three Lands), he hits me with his paired Wolfir and I'm on 10 life. I played Phantasmal Image to copy his Wolfir and paired it with my Clique, he attacked in the next turn I traded my Wolfir with his Wolfir and take 6 damage from his Acidic Slime - 4 Life. He played Eternal Wittness after his attack, which I knew from the Clique and counter the cip trigger with my Stifle then he added a Bird of Paradise. I was still at 3 Lands and had many options and decided to hope for a spell for my Mana Drain -> in his next turn he played Shriekmaw which gave me 5 mana. After that he played Maelstrom Pulse on my Vendilion Clique which I Misdirected to his Acidic Slime pitching a Faery Harbinger. He attacked with Eternal Wittness, I did not block with my Clique and went on 2 Life. I finally drew my fourth Land and played + equiped Sword of Fire and Ice to my Clique from the 5 mana from the Drain. I attacked he went on 7 life, I shot the 2 damage on his Eternal Wittness and drew a Magma Jet. Next turn he played Phyrexian Arena, I killed his Bird eot with my Magma Jet and he conceded.

Really good games, especially the last one ;-)

Replays:

G1: http://www.filedropper.com/replay705453
G2: http://www.filedropper.com/replay705738
G3: http://www.filedropper.com/replay706164

Vazdru

first semifinal in winner-bracket:

Nastaboi vs Hamsert

goblinpiledriver plays vs winner r4nd0m vs DirkSchäffer in looser-bracket
Far below the earth

Pacifist

Just won my match versus LarsL (2-1), report comming soon...

Hamsert

Me (Ur Control) 2-0 Nastaboi (High Tide)

G1: Nothing special happened, I got double Glen Elendra Archmage (Phantasmal Image) which beats him.
G2: I Stifle a Fetchland T2 and play Vendilion Clique T3 for his Palinchron and finish him with Clique beats + Price of Progress and Burst Lightning.