Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXIII

Started by Promole, 23-02-2015, 11:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaZi

TaZi 3:2 MaQi

Game 1:

Maqi plays, as he was better in the swiss rounds and starts without a one-drop which is quite important for me. On his second turn he has lotus cobra which is arc trailed by me on my second turn. He goes Scavenging Ooze and I start to ramp as my hand allready has witness, kodamas reach and mystical teachings. His play are then Eladamri into Confidant, citadel siege, domri rade. I answer this with kodamas reach, witness, sylvan scrying for maze and Then I am able to play mystical teaching for the win when he has exactly 18.

Game 2:

MaQi mull to 6 and turn one thoughtseize takes Condescend. Ooze resolves and Sword of Fire and Ice is only remanded. So there is quite some pressure from the 6 card hand. I play Yavimaya Dryad on my third turn which is bolted and the sword is played again. I ponder, find mystical teachings and play witness for the Dryad. MaQi plays Tasigur for 4 and no atk. I add the Dryad and while he nothing relevant I combo him out with teachings for mystical for scapeshift.

Game 3:

MaQi tells me that he wants a really good hand now and starts of with birds into doran on the play. Good Hand accomplished. But my hand is also quite nice, as it allready has scapeshift, three visits, wood elves and noxious revival. My plan to double chump with wood elves is foiled by Swords to plowshares (darn, I allready saw me winning that one... ). I ramp a bit he play sylvan library and eventually his hand is empty, I'm on seven, and have the combo for the next turn. He has Doran + library. So the gamble is for one of about 15 outs in three cards. He finds elspeth and goes fot the kill.

Game 4:

I start with a free mulligan and a still mediocre hand. I suspend ancestral vision and am again confronted with an elf on the first turn (deathrite shaman). On the second turn comes a Sword of feast and famine which connects on the third turn, when he also plays another elf and a faunashaman. I hope to stabilize against the sword with true name nemesis, but finds another land, searches for falkenrath aristocrat and beats me hard. I fiddle around one more turn, and die.

Game 5:

My Hand is quite nice as I have turn 2 three visits, and turn 3 cursor of kruphix which hits land. He has a vial on the first turn and caryatid on the second. The cursor hits every turn, so I can keep my lands in hand and think I'm pretty well of with lots of lands, maze and repulse, remand, into the roil, electrolyze, compulsive research in hand. While he got an ooze with a sword and lots of mana dudes. But the he starts drawing nice stuff. First a Sword of fire and ice, then Gideon, Doran and others and I still havn't found my scapeshift despite the cantrips and compulsive research. Eventually we are at the end of his turn, and I know I'm dead or almost dead with his next atk. I play fact or fiction, find scapeshift and win the deciding game.

Really nice games, quite close and interesting.

PS.: Gerry was right when he was betting on scapeshift to win the league =)

Vazdru

congratz to TaZi

Quote from: TaZi on 26-04-2015, 03:23:06 PM
PS.: Gerry was right when I was betting on scapeshift to win the league =)

call me a seer ;-)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.