[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IV

Started by Vazdru, 28-09-2008, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

And again....let the show begin!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (GWEnchantress) vs. VuRkka (4c-control): 2-1 to pyyhttu

VuRkka and I played both at a RL tourmanent last Friday at Tampere but we didn't get paired against each together back then. Time to fix that, and so we took our real life decks from that same tournament and played our game.

1st. Game: I win the dice roll and get a pretty good hand with Verduran Enchantress, some tutor, Sylvan Library and lands. I get some card advantage with the enchantress and set up quite a solid board position, VuRkka has wonder and Sword of Fire and Ice on his side. I get to remove that swords one time with Seal of Primordium one time, but his regrowth takes it back and shortly after that the beating starts. I've played City of Solitude at some point which screws his plays tremendously and things look good for me, I even have Mobilization in game. But as I'm little "paisti" as we here in Finland say about players who are sloppy, I totally screw things over: I've got Dovescape lock and plenty of blue bird tokens once realize that sword grants Wonder prot blue, and I'm down to 2 life or something. 0-1.

2nd. Game: I don't remember much about this, but I remember keeping Jötun Grunt at bay with Maze of Ith while gathered my mana for Enduring Ideal. In epic mode I fetched Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft and that was that.

3rd Game: VuRkka mustered and early Life from the Loam engine and had Raven Crime alongside it. My ass was saved by a top decked Ivory Mask and it was all downhill for VuRkka from here: he couldn't even use his Gifts! Yea, baby! I had some squirrels on the board and lastly Enchantress and Dovescape secured the win. GGs.

VuRkka

Quote from: pyyhttu on 28-09-2008, 10:19:55 PM
..My ass was saved by a top decked Ivory Mask and it was all downhill for VuRkka from here: he couldn't even use his Gifts!..
I facepalm'd quite a bit when I realized it.
Fun games though, I'm slowly getting familiar with the format.
"Poets dream the verses of otherworldly stories.
Artificers dream the blueprints of otherplanar artifacts."

VuRkka

Payron 2 - 0 Me.

Here's how both of the games went; I opened a one lander on both games, mulliganed away six cards, didn't draw lands -- Mulliganed to six new cards, still just one land. There isn't much you can do with a single land on the table when an opponent goes Savannah, Enlightened to Survival.
And yea, I'm playing with 38 lands. :P
"Poets dream the verses of otherworldly stories.
Artificers dream the blueprints of otherplanar artifacts."

Vazdru

Georg B (5 Color http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=128.0) vs Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)

0:2

1: He won the die roll and my first 7 showed my no land at all. So on the first glance it looked grim. But on the second look I've noticed LAND TAX! So i crossed my fingers and took 6 new ones. He on the play and a running Land tax is quite powerful. I've got three Lands (Plains, Island, Multi) and three spells.

First Turn: Land Tax
Second Turn: Three additional Lands + Lightning Greaves
Third Turn: Three additional Lands + Aven Mindcensor equipped and beatings.

He evoked Mulldrifer and gained a deeper look through his library with Impulse meanwhile.

On Turn 4 I've had Serendib Efreet and already took him down to 14 LP. When Winter Orb bashed on the table it looked even grimmer. To make matters worse he was mana screwed all game long and didn't find a black mana source to play his Pernicious Deed so it was an easy win for me in the end.

2: Mythrandir loves this A LOT  ::) -> ....

...First Turn: Black Vise
Second Turn: Remand
Third Turn: Back to Basics with Force-of-Will-Back-Up

:P

A single Freewind Falcon (+ Vise) did almost the job.

GGs!
Far below the earth

Georg B

Georg B (5c Control) vs. Thibir (UG "Wooded" Skies)

2:0

In the first game I got a Collective Restraint online. I had a few counters and some Beatdown.

In the second game I had a Shriekmaw, whitch beats him down, while I tried to play my Loxodon Hierarch each round (powered by Volraths Stronghold), but he got countered every time, and my Zuran Orb buied me some time.

Mythrandir

2: Mythrandir loves this A LOT  ::) -> ....

...First Turn: Black Vise
Second Turn: Remand
Third Turn: Back to Basics with Force-of-Will-Back-Up

:P

A single Freewind Falcon (+ Vise) did almost the job.

Am i the only 1 who thinks this is absurd :P
lol
[/quote]

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Thibir UG skies?!
2:1

1st game: was kind of slowish and i was able to get my game going. nice stuff: intuition, sensei, then some critters and won with a sudden shock :D
2nd game: was going my way, i had the board kind of controlled and was starting to built my attack, but then a BTB (how i hate his card) nailed me full tapped... =/ this one for him.
3rd game: he was colored screw for G, and wastelanded his breeding pool. even then he started pressing with some weenies and rancor. he countered a lot of my stuff, which included mystical teachings -> hide/seek for his btb (darn card.. the whole game "scared" of that play). he eventuallly left me at 1 with psionic blast but i cast doran + trygon predator and used helix on his critter. necromancy on his mulldrifter. and the game went into a impass. he had selkie hedge-mage, predator, mishra + mutavault + "walking weaker mana leak drake". i had mull + doran + goyf (he had tormod crypt) + rishadan port. i started pressing with goyf and eventually btought myself to 8 via loxodn elephant the game lasted until i made a decree for 4 soldiers and went for an alpha attack that left him for 1lft which i took care with (again) sudden shock.

nice ggs, though i which ppl stopped using BTB!!! lol

Nastaboi

Nastaboi (U Skies) vs. MErcator (WW/u)

2-0

Mercator won the roll and had fast Azorius Guildmage and other beats. I was poor on mana with only an Island and Dimir Aqueduct, but I got Augury Adept equipped by Sword of Light and Shadow which he could do nothing about. Cryptic Command bought me more time to draw Islands for Vedalken Shackeles, which lead into desperate Cataclysm. I responded with Tangle Wire.

The second game had T1 Samurai of the Pale Curtain, T2 Sword of Fire and Ice from Mercator. I kept a slow but controlling hand with Maze of Ith and Treachery. Maze kept Samurai at bay while Treachery stole Knight of Meadowgrain. Sword of pro white came down again and Mercator kept drawing just lands.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5c control Vs Georg B EDITED:RGW zoo
2:1

game 1: was pretty intensive. he had rancor from the start and was dealing quite some damage per turn. he then played garruk (next turn used his overrun) and went for a huge 10 damage in a turn leaving me at 1 lft (he lost his garruk, which i think was a big mistake) however i had hide/seek, and went for a sarkhan vol (+4) and a eladrmi call which i used to fetch loxodon (+4) and stopped some attacks with loxodon (which was now a 1/1 due to wither) and a 4/4 etched oracle. eventually i had venser + karakas i went for the 1/1 loxodon EOT, next turn +4 and dropped Doran. i was at again at considerable amount of life and board advantage.

veru nice game, and a very close 1.

game 2: his first 2 turns were: land + isamaru, land + jungle lion + rancor.. i was still able to kill one of his creatures, but it wasnt enough. rancor kept coming. i also misplayed (fetched wrong dual...) i could have stayed a live (at least 1 more turn due to a necromancy) but i dont think it´d have done any difference in the outcome... (note to self: most play with more attention..)

Killer start for him, his game.

Game 3: Me: tundra pass, Him: land + creature. Me: Tabernacle pass, Him: mishra factory + attack Me: land pass. Him attack with creature + factory and i "FIREd/ice" the factory leaving him quite mana screw.. he never got ahold of the 3rd land (btw he had sulfuric vortex in hand). I passed the next couple of turns countering his stuff and gaining land advantage. then casted intuition for a loxodon + exalted + lightning angel. kept the ligthning angel. Next turn i played regrowth -> for the loxodon. he drew no land and conceded.

Tabernacle + the fire/ice won me this one

ggs overall, specially game 1 and 2

Georg B

Yeah, and my deck is no RG aggro, but RGW Zoo.
I play as many 1 drops as possible, and the frist tests were quite positive.
The Wild Nacatl and the Figure of Destiny made the deck better since the last GP.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 04-10-2008, 07:39:56 PM
Yeah, and my deck is no RG aggro, but RGW Zoo.

sry.. already edited my post.

QuoteI play as many 1 drops as possible, and the frist tests were quite positive.
The Wild Nacatl and the Figure of Destiny made the deck better since the last GP.

this is quite true, his 2nd game was explosive. one thing i noticed was once the "rampage" is over the deck has some trouble resolving. not to so good for mid-range games, dont u think? perhaps more evasion?

Mythrandir

5cc Mythrandir VS WUBG control VuRkka
2:0

game 1: he was a bit screw but he had TOP, so i think that what made him play. i wasnt that great either: only 2 lands + eternal dragon. his first land was wasteland. if he had wasteland my breeding pool, i would have been quite screw.... i tried to vindicate his savannah he countered. Next turn i played jace and next turn garruk. he answered with a collective retraint for 3. i then played doran and started swinging with 5 damage every turn. he attempted a mulldrift which i mana drain and used the mana for a regrowth + FoF (earlier countered). i had a massive board and card advantage.

game 2: a 2nd turn figure of destiny, fallowed by a venser (on his mystic snake, trying to kill my 2/2 figure). kept dealing some damage (figure was a 4/4 the next turn). I had jace again in play and garruk (+ krosan grip + call of the herd) in hand but no G in my lands.. :( eventually he tried a gifts ungiven when he was at 5lfp, but hadnt enough mana to deal with both my  threats.

ggs, thoug i thought it would take longer since we´re both playing control decks, and that LFTL would have decided the winner. but my 5CC decided to go aggro, specially on the 2nd game.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi UGw Heartbeat combo vs. Georg B RGW Zoo

2-0

G1 I accelerated into Mirari's Wake while he had some hasty beaters. I Time Spiraled at six life and drew two Rampant Growth variants, Mana Leak, Turnabout and three lands, taking two points of burn. Turnabout tapped his guys, and I drew into Idyllic Tutor into Future Sight into combo.

G2 I had Top and 5+ land searchers, which got me plenty of mana, Tangle to tap his four guys and finally Gifts to just win the game. I had Mana Leak for his Wane to Heartbeat, too. Decklist will be posted to the forums soon.

[EDIT:] Here's the list.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Nastaboi (U-Control) vs Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)

1:2

Our first game crashed after i've played Gilded Drake - I think we both did some action on his Sea Drake (a problem sometimes occure in mws).

1: Another bad first seven cards - i just took one plains and hoped for some better stuff will follow. Nastaboi started with Aether Vial turn 1. I've had City of Brass, Flying Men, Curiosity, Plains, Wasteland, Interdict - so i started with City - Flying Men go. He played second Turn Looter il-Kor. Me Curisoity Plains + Beatings. Nastaboi attacks with Looter and played Latchkey Faerie (Prowl). I've tried to use this chance to bring in my game-breaker: Swords of Fire and Ice but he played Daze! Next Turn he attacked for 4 and put the third Counter on Vial. When i attacked with Flying Men he wanted to use Vial for Serendib Efreet but this time it got Interdicted  ;D So my Flying Men did another point of damage. But still i didn't find a solution for his evasive army. As i tried Spellstutter it got countered by Force Spike - so i went down to 11 LP. I've had only a singe play next tunr: Court Hussar to dig deaper through my library but didn't find a solution. 2 attacks later i was dead.

2: Again no good hand - so i've kept one land and crossed my fingers again. This time i was lucky.  ;D After Black Vise first turn. Second turn Flying Men and third turn Vendillion Cliue (he had Sword of Fire and Ice on the Board and i've took his last critter  ::)) was tough for him. He lost
13 LP -> Black Vise
3 LP -> Vendillion Clique
2 LP -> Ancient Tomb
2 LP -> Flying Men

Turn 5 Kill

3: AGAIN no good hand - I've took the "usual 6" and AGAIN i've had afterwards i brilliant start. Turn 1 Chrome Moxe (removing Hindering Light) + Plains + Suspend Riftwing Cloudskate. He played Mutavault, Ancient Tomb, Talisman. Back to Basics bashed him like a 5CC-player  ;) Tomb and Mutavault stayed tapped. Cloudscate bounced Talisman, Pestermite tapped his last untapped Land in his upkeep step. So turn 5 he had 3 tapped lands in game and me Augur il-Vec, Cloudscate, Pestermite.

The game-deciding move was a little bit earlier in the game, when he tapped island + tomb to play Pestermite trying to untap tomb again- but i've had Mana Tithe  ;D

GGs! with the lucky end for me this time.

Far below the earth