Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IV

Started by Vazdru, 28-09-2008, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (BRGoblins) vs. Vazdru (UWAggrocontrol): 2-1

Vazdru wins the die roll and decides to go first and plays an island. My first turn play forms around Mox Diamond, random land and Knucklebone Witch. Vazdru plays Bant Panorama and passes the turn readying himself. I take the bait and my Mogg Flunkies gets Mana Leaked. Knucklebone moves to red zone and avenges.

From this point on we both draw cards (Vazdru's Standstill, my Night's Whisper), he gains some life (Kitchen Finks) and I kill his critters (Siege-Gang Commander, Terminate), while amass some more goblins on the board and attack with lethals. I noticed that I went below 4 life, so during the last round he could have killed me with a Psionic Blast, but I got lucky.

Second game starts fantastically for me: Vazdru plays a fetchland, gets Tundra and passes the turn. I wasteland it. He said that was a afraid that was going to happen and admits being screwed. Still, he manages somehow to pull his act together with a second turn Mother of Runes (topdeck I guess), then nicely along the curve playing Lightning Greaves, then Standstill, which I have to trigger. He draws some land and ugly critters (that 3/4 djinn) and starts the beating. He finishes me off with a Grafted War Gear and I scoop when needed only one more turn to kill him with my goblins.

I start the 3rd game with a mediocre hand. I play Mountain, Diamond and Knucklebone Witch. He plays a plains and on my eot tithes for tundra, which he uses to play Cloud of Faeries. My next turn choice is: should I play early Taurean Mauler, which has proven to be good, or hoping to hose his blue mana with the Moon. For some reason I go for the Moon and it eventually pays off:

<Vazdru> lol  - i die because of bloodmoon - unbelievable :P

We started a damage race at some point. He had the Cloud of Faeries and Knight of Meadowgrain, I had Knucklebone Witch, Taurean Mauler and eventually got some more Moggs and goblins. GGs.

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 23-11-2008, 10:05:25 PM

<Vazdru> lol  - i die because of bloodmoon - unbelievable :P

lol, i die all the time to those cards :p hehe never thought of reading a skies losing to moon.

congrats pyyhttu, u stopped vazdru winning streak.

@vazdru, not undefeated but still a very good (execellent) score.

kp up the ggs.

MErcator

MErcator (WWu) vs. Vazdru (Zoo, land controll...)
2 : 1

First game went good for me, i could hit with sword of fire and ice on flyer. He had tarmogoyf and could eventuelly handle my sword. I had to wait a few turns, untill enlightened tutor dot paralax wave for the win.

2nd game vazdru had to mulligan to 5 cards and ich had mox diamond and tithe turn one. Then i cast raise the alarm and divine sacrament, but had no crearture for a long time. He eventually could so get controll of the game. in about turn 15 or so, i had only drew into whipcorder and nothing else...
he nearly died because of my psyonic blast, but he was on 5 and i had to kill chandra with it..

3rd game he had only 3 mana and a hand full of 4cc critters. he died to 2nd turn guildmage, 3rd turn kitchen finks.

gg's

Nastaboi

Quote from: MErcator on 29-11-2008, 02:35:47 PM
MErcator (WWu) vs. Vazdru (Zoo, land controll...)
2 : 1

And there went my last shot at winning this season. Having Vazdru won this one and lost the remaining ones, there would be three of us at 27 points and I had the best game-win ratio.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Ludwitch

Ludwitch (red Goblin-Aggro pile) - VazDru (green Elf-Aggro pile) 2:0

Both games was first turn Nettle Sentinel, one time traded against Jackal pub, one time against pyrite spellbomb. First game saw much pressure from my side and was over soon. Second took longer and was much closer. I was at two life in the end, but Goblin Bombardment and the ever-mighty Scroll dealt the necessary damage. Pretty fun games.

Vazdru

Quote from: Ludwitch on 06-12-2008, 01:09:26 AM
Ludwitch (red Goblin-Aggro pile) - VazDru (green Elf-Aggro pile) 2:0

Both games was first turn Nettle Sentinel, one time traded against Jackal pub, one time against pyrite spellbomb. First game saw much pressure from my side and was over soon. Second took longer and was much closer. I was at two life in the end, but Goblin Bombardment and the ever-mighty Scroll dealt the necessary damage. Pretty fun games.

Sad but true - I gambled away my last (three) Match-Balls.

In game 2 Ludwitch would have been dead next turn but had lots of outs from the top (direct damage or creature) so he found what he needed.

Congratz it has been good games! 

Congratz to MErcator for the first place in our league (again!) and Nastaboi for reaching second place in his very first season as well.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Ludwitch

Ludwitch - D1sturbed, unspectacular 2:0

Ludwitch

and another one:

Ludwitch (RDW) - GeorgB (something controlly, did not see much) 2:0

In both games 1st turn Chrome Mox, Figure + another 1drop, then in the first game 2nd turn Wasteland and he missed land drops. On 6 life he activated Explosives but the burn did the rest. Second game saw a 3rd turn Avalanche Raider, which pretty much had the same effect, he missed some land drops and that's it.

Ludwitch

I am really trying to make the 10 matches deadline here, but as I see it I completed 9 and there is only one pairing left for me, against Vurkka. I hope to play that today, first first he has to be online. Hopefully I will not be dropped just because of that.

Vazdru

Quote from: Ludwitch on 07-12-2008, 03:47:41 PM
I am really trying to make the 10 matches deadline here, but as I see it I completed 9 and there is only one pairing left for me, against Vurkka. I hope to play that today, first first he has to be online. Hopefully I will not be dropped just because of that.

You've made the last 3 matches of our league actually - so you won't be excluded. Like you've said you have only one match open (-> played 90% of your matches - that's pretty good)
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Ludwitch on 07-12-2008, 03:47:41 PM

i´m really glad players are trying to finish their games even though the top is closed (i think..) :)
btw, Ludwitch, your´re on nicw winning roll ;) congrats.

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (WW) vs. Ludwitch (MonoR): 2 - 0

I played a modified version of Tero Salama's WW, which won a recent HL-tournament at Helsinki Safe Haven: http://vaihdetaan.kapsi.fi/forums/index.php?topic=55556.msg209298#msg209298

To that I added Ravages of War, Elspeth, Karakas, Hokori, Dusk Drinker and some others + tweaked the mana base with City of Traitors and Ancient Tomb.

I lost the die roll (1 <-- epic fail) and had to go second. Fortunately, starting hand consisted of Chrome Mox, Land Tax, Mutavault and some white critters, lucky me. Ludwitch went with Mountain (yes!) and played Magus of the Scroll and passed the turn. I drew Paladin-en-vec (yes, yes!), played Mutavault, Mox and Tax. Ludwitch then played red spellbomb and attacked. My second draw was Worship (yes, yes, YES!) and played that 1/1 rebel bird as a bait, which got spellbombed.
From this point on I taxed some lands together, played critters, Ludwich played Goblin Charbelcher, didn't hit my Knight and game was soon over as my creatures ran over.

In the second game Ludwitch played 2nd. turn Blood Knight and a fourth turn Charbelcher. I also had some creatures on my side, 4 mana and also Disenchant for the belcher but opposing Blood Knight prevented me from attacking. Ludwitch then played Goblin Recruiter and stacked various 6 to 7 goblins on top of his library and passed the turn. Luckily, I had meanwhile drawn Ravages of War and playing that next was a no-brainer.

The game culminated onto that card as I got my mana together considerably faster than Ludwitch and found Soltari Priest which attacked and killed him eventually with the others.

GGs and thanks for playing on this season. And ofcourse Kudos to Mercator for taking the tournament!

Ludwitch

my penultimate game for the season: Ludwitch - D1sturbed 2:0

Now there is only one game left against Peeler. I have not seen him online for days, so I guess I will not be able to complete the match. I am sorry.