Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IV

Started by Vazdru, 28-09-2008, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joutzen

Joutzen vs Peeler

Peeler won 2-0.

First turn lackey was enough in game 1..
And in the game two i just didnt have the right answers, and lost pretty soon.
I had to tap out for finisher, because i needed a blocker for his factory.
The game seemed to be under control at this point  someway, then i got grilled by the topdeck sulfuric vortex.
That was my last tap out.

Georg B

Georg B (5c Control) vs. VuRkka (4c Control)

2:0

In the first game I had card advantage all the time.
Then I got Loam + Wasteland (whitch is not so stong against him, but it was ok).

In the second game I was close to death, but I had a good come back and locked him with Glen Elendra Archmage and Volrath's Stronghold.

nice games!

Mythrandir

Quote from: Payron on 12-10-2008, 07:19:37 PM

second game: again I got from the top a early Survival ... but could ramp mana because I had no lands ... but in the end he told me he was mana Screwed ... I could of get my combo pieces for revilarke together and bounced everything with venser  ... sry mana screw sucks ...

gg's

really frustrating this game... :S i had counterspell (from the beginning) but not the 2nd U, had jund charm (from the beginning) whch would have killed his game but no R.. so yeah.. a bit color screw :P

ggs, overall.. third game was just to fast

Joutzen

Joutzen vs. pyyhttu

I won 2-0.
In first game i had to play through 2 maze of iths, i somehow managed to get the last damages.
On second game i hit my curve, and got my answers.
Edit: I played Mono Black this time, not sure about his deck, i have not played highlander too much, heartbeat kombo?

Vazdru

Quote from: Joutzen on 13-10-2008, 10:33:04 PM
Joutzen vs. pyyhttu

I won 2-0.
In first game i had to play through 2 maze of iths, i somehow managed to get the last damages.

May i ask which decks you've played?
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi BGuw Death Cloud vs. Thibir UG Skies

2-0

Fair games. I had a good read on what he's playing and kept a hand with Masticore and lands. He played nothing and I held 'core until he tapped out for B2B. Masticore went all the way.

G2 He got no real pressure but just couple of 1/1 dorks. He scooped to early Death Cloud.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Payron

Peeler (RDW) - Payron (UGwb survival)

0:2

First game: Don t remember wo startet ... anyways ... he didn t do so much pressure on me and I could search for survival with tutor ... was pretty smooth game for me laying some blockers ... and searching for combo .. gg

second game: He starts with Goblin Lackey ... I startet with great hand ... my first turn ... land - mox diamond - wall of roots - aether vial ... he could of handel my wall and did some pressure with Countryside Crusher I got with vial trinked mage in and searched for top because i drawed explosives in the turn ... so i could handel his crusher and saw everything i needed in the Top Ravenous Baloth - Spike weaver - Harmonic sliver ... vial on 4 and i could both top cards in 1 turn ... and the harmonic handelt the blood moon he layed down ... gg

had the feeling he was flooding a bit i both games :/

Thibir

MErcator (UW control) vs. Thibir UG skies

I won a roll in the first game, first turn, ancestral vision, second turn, Spiketail Hatchling. next turn Cloud sprite. opponent just played lands + mind stone. On the last opponent´s turn before ancestral hit the table I got condemn on my hatchling. I played eot Pestermite to tap his blue mana, but instead I got flashed Teferi. ancestral remained removed, I attacked, prowled Latchkey Faerie. Opponent played court hussar,  idillic tutored fot fetters, but dont have enough mana to play it. i topdecked blue spellbomb, which helped me to sneak some bounce around teferi, to avoid +4 life for opponent. next turn i got scryb ranger + prowled latchkey. and finaly he didn´t draw better answer than CC, so finally Faeries did it..

game 2: i got looter il kor, opponent played BtB very soon, "killing" my faerie conclave. i played serendib efreet, cloud spirit. while opponent got, oblivion stone, vedalken shackles. however i topdecked winter orb, he tried mana drain on it, but i got daze. he ended full tapped, i got 2 untaped lands. with combination of trygon predator + orb + bounce i was able to get rid of stone and play around shackles and i finally won. nice game, if i haven´t countered mana drain i would got decree of silenece, and the game would be over. nice games, bot were of skin of my teeth.

Thibir Ug Skies Vs. Juotzen Mono B Midrange
2:1

game 1: i got struck on one blue mana and mishras factory + wasteld quite long time. and finaly I loose, because my critters can´t race with Joutzen´s beaters.
game 2: i got quite ideal curve. turn 2 cloud of faeries + looter il kor. next turn pendelhaven + rancor. i countered something, drawed some good cards and opponent was not able to find solution soon enough.
game 3: opponent got explosive start. swamp + duress turn one, i got divining top. Joutzen played city of traitors, cabal ritual, blood pet and Hollow specter at turn 2. I got just dryad sophisticate. next turn he got sword of light and shadow. i got looter il kor again and bonesplitter. for long time we just raced each other, I chumped/bounced his specter, his morph, his blood pet. however he didn´t draw third land for milion of years. finaly he has 5 life and i have 2. I got looter with bonnespliter and dryad sophisticate. he played swamp, leaving my dryad harmless, and played 2 blockers, however I saw rancor in my divining top and I was able to swing for exactly 5 with looter. cool games, I´m sorry for mana screw in third game, just he would draw 2 more lands and I would be dead before I would realize it.

pyyhttu

Quote from: Vazdru on 13-10-2008, 10:37:57 PM
Quote from: Joutzen on 13-10-2008, 10:33:04 PM
Joutzen vs. pyyhttu

I won 2-0.
Edit: I played Mono Black this time, not sure about his deck, i have not played highlander too much, heartbeat kombo?

May i ask which decks you've played?

No, I tried something that went on the lines of AggroLoam and/or 63land.dec.

MErcator

MErcator (Red) vs. Payron (Creature controll)
2 : 1

Not very spectakular games. First game Payron had enough time and could eventually handly all threats.
2nd game i had early pressure with jackal pup and mogg flunkies. Magus of the Moon was very good, even as he had a mox diamond. I missed my 4th mana for a time, but could hit with my 3 critters and had eventually enough burn for the kill.
3rd i had magus of the moon another time. in additon goblin sharpshooter dealt much dmg. he had aether vial but otherwise only "mountains".

MErcator

Mercator (WWu) vs. Peeler
2 : 1

First game he stomped me; i drew back to basics and another useless card.
2nd i had kitchen finks, wilt-leaf Cavaliers and cursed scroll which was online quite fast.
3rd i kept crrature and plains and drew into 3 lands and talisman and Sword of fire and ice. I played the drawn ladn tax and had quite a few mana from then on. I could cast spectral prossion turn 3 and had paralax wave turn 4. after that the sword won, as i was on 11 life and he could burn my men. 

Vazdru

VuRkka (4C-Control) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)

1: Unbelievable game. I've had no! land - just a chrome moxe- on the play. I've kept Black Vise and had a look on my next 6 cards - still only one land! Meanwhile i know that after a mulligan to 6 my hand doesn't usually show me a playable hand so i've kept this one-lander. It took half an eternity to find my second land. He was screwed too (i think the greatest weakness of VuRkka's Deck is his mana-base) but got rid off the Vise with Explosives quite fast. I've had Trickbind but still no second land while he used a fetch-land (his third land). Luckily i stopped his Darksteel Ingot with Annul - that saved my ass for sure cause the didn't found his forth land and had Fact of Fiction, Gifts, Glen Elendra and Solemn Simulacrum  :o ::). So my 1/1-Army got him down in 27 longs turns.

2: This time i was a bit flooded - but had still a quite better start than in game 1. Flying Men, Freewind Falcon, Sword of Fire and Ice, Force of Will have been my first plays. Attack turn 4 brought him already down to 9 LP. He Putrefied my Sword - down to 7 LP. Chainer's Edict - me Empyrial Plate - down to 3 LP. He played Intuition eot for Wrath (no) Deed (no) Hierarch (kk) - back to 7 LP but all my Critters had Evasion so the clock has been just one turn longer. Next turn again back on 3 LP and i've had still Falcon, Soltari Footsoldier, Jötun Grunt..more he could handle.     
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Heartbeat vs. Joutzen MBC

2-1

1st game I began with one-lander which had Wild Growth, Rampant Growth and Heartbeat. I used turns ramping on mana but my Heatbeat was discarded by Persecute from Joutzen. I had to keep my draw spells however, and I drew cards with Frantic Search, Careful Consideration, Braingeyser and Mind Spring. He had just Hypno and Night of Souls Betrayal to remove my blocking Xantid Swarm, so I just regrowthed Rude Awakening, used Oblivion ring on the enchantment and overrun him.

G2 I had one-lander once again with Ponder to kick it off. Joutzen's Thoughtseize took away the card, but I drew 2nd land like a real pro and made Sylvan Library and Heartbeat. Joutzen had just Bitterblossom. However, I drew absolutely nothing in spite of aggressive use of library.

G3 I had T3 Future sight which however revealed uncastable spells couple of turns in a row. But then I saw Top and there was nothing Joutzen could do any more.

Here's the latest updated list. I guess I just have to keep rocking with it untill you admit it's good and that Gifts needs to be banned.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Georg B

Georg (5c Control) vs. pyyhttu (UG Tron)

In first game he died at his own Pact of Negation, because he countered my Vondicate, but I had a removal for his Mana-Wall.

The second game was a bit longer.
But I made some cardadvantage, because he had a Masticore and a I had a Terminate.
Then I had answers for nearly everything, and I won with a Mulldrifter and a Loxodon Hierarch in the red zone.

2:0

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 16-10-2008, 12:00:15 AM

In first game he died at his own Pact of Negation, because he countered my Vondicate, but I had a removal for his Mana-Wall.

Auch.. and a bit risky..
what was vindicate targetting, btw?