Main Menu

5c with Alara

Started by Georg B, 30-09-2008, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Quote from: Nastaboi on 21-10-2008, 08:29:00 PM
Quote from: Mythrandir on 21-10-2008, 08:14:17 PM
like me your deck doesnt use that many R mana, so....

... both of you should cut red alltogether. It doesn't give you anything other colours won't, and you'll get better mana base which is more valuable. And all played domain/sunburst cards work as well with just 4 different basic land types.

Red gives me FTK, sudden shock, HIDE/seek (Heck of a good card) lightning helix (GREAT CARD), demonfire (won quite a few games on this 1), FIRE/ice (again great card), it helps collective restraint + wordly counsil + evasive action, it isnt necessary for oracle/engineered (with R i can kill liliana vess) but again helps. R is one of the colors in figure of destiny.
So i dont think i´ll be cutting R anytime soon. :P
Aggro is on the thoughest matches for me and helix, fire/ice, sudden shock, are just too good (low CMC) to pass by.

Of course i´ve been color screw to R more than once, because its (most of the times) the last color i search for (depending on hand, of course). But i´ve been color screw to W, G, B and U (because of the double UU cards in my deck).

If i were to change my mana base it would be cutting nonlands cards and putting mana artifacts.

Georg B

Hmm, maybe you are right, I play only 6 red cards, but all of them are great.
Hide/Seek is a great card, and the option to play it as a Hinderize (a combination of Neturalize and Hinder ;) ) is quite good.
Fire/Ice is a great card as well. Against aggro it can declass 2 creatures, whitch is great.
Lightning Helix: I think I dont have to talk about it.
Flametongue Kavu destroys the most creatures and can be a beat down plan and a blocker.
Jund Charm: Yeah, really hard to cast. But it is a Pyroclasm and a Tormods Crypt with Instant Speed.
And it can eaven load up Glen Elendras Archmage. I will continue testing it.
Terminate: Most time you play Putrify, you play it on creatures. And the fact that the creature cant be regenerated could be realy important (a few days ago I played against Masticore, and it was nice that I do not have to wait if my opponent is tapped out).

And, there are some more cards whitch are better when I play red:
Engeneered Explosives, Collective Restraint and Etched Oracle.

So, what do you think about the finks instead of the Esper Charm?

Edit: I just read your post Mythrandir, and maybe I shoud cut Terminate for Sudden Shock. What do you think about that? But maybe that increases the problems against bigger creatures.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 21-10-2008, 11:00:39 PM

Terminate: Most time you play Putrify, you play it on creatures. And the fact that the creature cant be regenerated could be realy important (a few days ago I played against Masticore, and it was nice that I do not have to wait if my opponent is tapped out).

Dont see the point, both terminate and putrefy have the no regenerate clause. The only difference are their colors and CMC. Thats why i asked if it was such a big difference on the cost for you to play terminate instead of putrefy?!

QuoteSo, what do you think about the finks instead of the Esper Charm?

Testing it myself :P finks is really good. persist is a pain :P and like u said the jund charm keeps it alive.

Georg B

Oha.  :P
I checked Mortify before I postet my comment, if it had a regeneration clause because I thought they are the same (exept the Artifact/Enchantment option).

But now I think I will cut Terminate, to add Putrify.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Georg B on 22-10-2008, 12:24:40 AM
Oha.  :P
I checked Mortify before I postet my comment, if it had a regeneration clause because I thought they are the same (exept the Artifact/Enchantment option).

But now I think I will cut Terminate, to add Putrify.

what i thought. :P i didnt think the CMC would make a huge difference.