Started by Maximus, 11-06-2009, 05:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzledmage

Quote from: kriisi on 09-01-2010, 12:57:23 AM
cards that could be worth considering:

Living Death - animates stuff
Hermit Druid - gets stuff into the bin
Recurring Nightmare - animates stuff

Yep; looked at those. Don't know if I like them... LD has backfired on me on some scenarios (plus I don't own any), HD also puts other useful control/defensive utilities out of reach, RN not bad but I don't have that many creatures in deck (plus I don't own any).

kriisi

also, I'd personally prefer Engineered Explosives over Oblivion Stone,
especially in a 4-colored deck.

Tabris

Here is my list:

The colours are just UB and since it should work in multiplayer games (which means it isnt constructed for 1v1 and therefore some speed is missing)

// Lands
    1 [A] Underground Sea
    1 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
    1 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    1 [ON] Polluted Delta
    1 [TE] Wasteland
    1 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    9 [UNH] Swamp
    10 [UNH] Island
    1 [10E] Underground River
    1 [RAV] Watery Grave
    1 [LG] The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

// Creatures
    1 [MM] Waterfront Bouncer
    1 [PLC] Big Game Hunter
    1 [SH] Volrath's Shapeshifter
    1 [REW] Psychatog
    1 [M10] Merfolk Looter
    1 [TSP] Looter il-Kor
    1 [FD] Thought Courier
    1 [PLC] Magus of the Bazaar
    1 [FUT] Bonded Fetch
    1 [PLC] Body Double
    1 [ALA] Hellkite Overlord
    1 [ARB] Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    1 [SHM] Woodfall Primus
    1 [GP] Angel of Despair
    1 [M10] Bogardan Hellkite
    1 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
    1 [ARB] Thraximundar
    1 [TSB] Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    1 [RAV] Blazing Archon
    1 [DIS] Tidespout Tyrant
    1 [CFX] Inkwell Leviathan
    1 [ALA] Kederekt Leviathan
    1 [DS] Sundering Titan

// Spells
    1 [RAV] Darkblast
    1 [DD2] Counterspell
    1 [DD2] Condescend
    1 [8E] Mana Leak
    1 [UL] Miscalculation
    1 [FNM] Circular Logic
    1 [US] Catalog
    1 [UL] Frantic Search
    1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    1 [LG] Mana Drain
    1 [LG] Recall
    1 [ON] Read the Runes
    1 [SOK] Ideas Unbound
    1 [FNM] Remand
    1 [SH] Mox Diamond
    1 [MR] Chrome Mox
    1 [PLC] Damnation
    1 [NE] Daze
    1 [AL] Force of Will
    1 [PY] Foil
    1 [FNM] Life/Death
    1 [IA] Dance of the Dead
    1 [4E] Animate Dead
    1 [US] Exhume
    1 [JU] Stitch Together
    1 [FNM] Reanimate
    1 [EX] Recurring Nightmare
    1 [IN] Probe
    1 [IN] Twilight's Call
    1 [RAV] Compulsive Research
    1 [SH] Sift
    1 [TO] Breakthrough
    1 [TO] Deep Analysis
    1 [FNM] Fact or Fiction
    1 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge
    1 [CHK] Gifts Ungiven
    1 [OD] Careful Study
    1 [TSP] Careful Consideration
    1 [VI] Necromancy
    1 [TE] Corpse Dance
    1 [SHM] Torrent of Souls
    1 [10E] Beacon of Unrest
    1 [M10] Rise from the Grave
    1 [TE] Living Death
    1 [REW] Zombify
    1 [US] Diabolic Servitude
    1 [RAV] Vigor Mortis
    1 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin

Intuition and Entomb are missing bc I dont have any of this. (its also a real life deck) same is true for bazaar.

So some questions:

-Ancestors Choosen has proven a lot of huge impact in oath decks, i am not sure if he is good for a reanimator deck.
-Mass removal?? (damnation, multilate?)
-Are counter realy necessary (i put some counter in bc of its multiplayercharacter but dont know if they are realy that good for this kind of deck (foil, circular logic are just great :D))
-to much reanimator spells ?
-Stifle (is missing, but i suggest its also important, to counter cript, relic, furnace, the worldwake land etc.)
-Is victimize any good ? saccing one looter to get 2 fatties, sounds rly good.
-To much fettis ? are i missing any good one (e.g. razia, skyshroud ... 6/6 Flying trample shroud)
-should i add green for krosan grip, regrowth effects,
-Nostalgic Dreams and Recall looks like good cards for this deck, no?

Tabris

+ I added Terastodon (bc I can summon 18 Power on the table or destroy some annoying permanents)
- Volraths Shapeshifter and Magus of the Bazaar are not anymore in the deck I replaced them by Nezumi Graverobber and Tainted Pact
+ Added Thraximundar - Sundering Titan (cut bc of multiplayer aspects)
- Read the Runes (to slow and now card advantage)

Ive decided to go with U and B, green is not needed also the counter have to stay in the deck and a damnation.
Ancestors Choosen is in the deck now, hes generating most of the time 10-15 life.

GoblinPiledriver

I think green is really important.

Survival getting you the best creatures when you need them.
Hermit Druid gets you lands and cards for the grave.
Also Birds of Paradise produces a fast deck.
Cards like Tarmogoyf, Pernicous Deed and Wall of Blossom securing the deck against aggro-decks.

In my concept the deck would be more a control deck with impressive creatures.
Just like Sephirons UGB-Landfall with a strong Reanimator theme instead of normal creatures,
or the 3 guys(The Ocean, Seveneyes, marchare) in the hll-league which all played UGB-Reanimator-Decks.

I tought you missed Iona. With Survival Iona wouild becomes even more valuable, but I think she is good enough for a unsupported use.
Thraximundar seems not to be the best choice. He is legendary so a Karakas could stifle him. He isn't flying or has trample so that he could fail in combat. I would prefer Angel of Despair, because Britney kills the most important card and is flying.

I like the idea of adding Terastodon, but with an other idea in mind. Instead of saying destroying some annoying permanents you should more think of reguarly destroying 3 Lands early in game so that the opponent couldn't recover anymore. This would mean 3 turns which your opponent is shorted by mana, and maybe he doens't have the needed amounts of mana for his deck. As I saw Terastodon the first time I thought of such a use in a reanimator deck.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Tabris

+Thats also my main idea for usage of Terastodon, but i also value his capabilty of destroying annoying things, like miraris wake or things i couldnt counter, but you are absolutly right about the LD factor.

+About Survival and adding more green good stuff. Indeed to have walls (which are also a great sac-outlet for recurring nightmare and victimize) against aggro and hermit druid would be great. But as u mentioned the three UGB decks, I think they lack of consistency bc of the whole green theme. I spoke with seveneyes and got his list and I agree its more powerfull then my list, but with my strong counterback up and draw-discard theme, i feel comfortable. But i am thinking about adding green for the reasons u mentioned. Also bc of Krosan Grip and the fact, the deck would be more flexible and dont have to put all one's eggs in one basket. Besides that, it would be more fun to play it in multiplayer.

+Iona, right right, i just dont have her yet thats why shes not in the list. Will be added asap.

+"I would prefer Angel of Despair, because Britney kills the most important card and is flying" ? The angel is in the list.

+Thrasimundar...well well. I couldnt argue much bc you are right about his lack of evastion (except trample) but I just like him :>

malz77

Has someone ever tested Dream Halls in a Reanimator Deck? In theory it puts in the big guys and fills the graveyard. What do you want more?

Helle

Dream Halls cost 5 mana so they're kinda slow. Additionally, you have to discard a card of the same colour, which can sometimes be hard (e.g. Iona or Bogardan Hellkite).

I don't think it'll work that well.

derStefan82

I tested it 1-2 years ago in my Oath-Reanimator deck but your not the guy who has a dreamhall pimped deck, and the reanimate
targets get into game with reanimate spells much saver cause perhabs other decks get much more speed cantrips walks combo etc.
from it then you. Didn't manage it to play.

Tabris

I´ll agree with Piledriver. I will add green soon.

The following cards are in my mind:

Hermit Druid
Survival of the Fittest (O RLY?)
Oath of Druids
Life from the Loam
Bird of Paradise
Noble Hierarch
Regrowth
Krosan Grip
Eternal Witness
Wall of Blossom
Wall of Roots
Pernicious Deed
Wild Mongrel

Question is, what to cut ? Counterspells or some reanimator spells.
Any green cards I´ve forgotten ?

marchhare

arbor elf from wwk (like a second hierarch) and roar of the worm

roar helps protecting your other graveyard stuff from getting removed (cause it lures the opp.
to remove the roar, like deep analysis ) and it adds card advantage and a viable threat.
i actually didnt play deed cause it removes your acceleration (now even more of it  :P ) and cards like animate dead and necromancy ( and mighty 6/6 tokens...)

( angel of despair --> britney LOL  ;D )

majikfreak

I have been working on my Reanimator... I put in a couple of the new Edrazi in it... I can't wait to play test this week...

Tabris

Well missing survival makes a Reanimator with green not any longer nesecarry. So I stick with my U/B build.

Which Eldrazi are you speaking about? since the good ones are going to bib except you didnt get a makeshift mannequin or necromancy (which isnt that great on a eldrazi as instant)

majikfreak

Pathrazer of Ulamog and It That Betrays...

Helle

Quote from: Tabris on 05-05-2010, 11:46:21 PM
Well missing survival makes a Reanimator with green not any longer nesecarry. So I stick with my U/B build.

Even though Survival is lost, I still think there are some cards it's worth splashin green for. Survival wasn't a powerhouse in reanimator anyway due to the lack of green mana and not having a decent reanimation creature besides Body Double (cc5  :-\).

Oath of Druids, Hermit Druid as an engine
Sylvan Scrying, Crop Rotation searching for Bazaar
Life from the Loam (getting Bazaar with Intuition and Gifts, Raven's Crime fodder)
Pernicious Deed, Krosan Grip to deal with hate (Tormod's Crypt, Phyrexian Furnace etc.)