Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VII

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldcrow

coldcrow (bant) 2 : 0 payron (Suicide Black)

g1: I win the roll and get a runemother down, followed by a quirion ranger, which stops his targetted removal cold. I counter a creature artifact with force(tap all lands type). Turn 3 Selkie + Turn 4 ninjutsu'ed ninja get an insane draw machine going. I simply drop critter and overwhelm him. Pendlehaven in selkie helped too.

g2: I mulligan to 5. Its a foul imp + some pump knight vs. my lone 1/1 exalted flier. He destroys an Augury Mage 2 times cutting me off lifegain. I found a goyf in time to stop his knight when he drops a potence. He necroes for 4 going to 7. I brainstorm for rancor  :D , dropping him to 2. He goes to 1 in his upkeep (carnophage). Then is locked out of draws but has a Tomb of Urami. I have 3 mana open : payron plays a wasteland I float. Then he tries to play skitttering skirge + lightning greaves but i have the krosan grip. His skirge + blinkmoth nexus hold my trampling flier with 4 toughness at bay. He has to use Urami and attack though because of necrolock. I block his skirge, enchant my goyf with rancor and attack for for 1 trampling dmg to the dome. GG.

Take it easy Payron.. I experienced it alot that the opponents drew the exact answers. Sucks but this is HL.

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver(Naya-Zoo)    vs    Sensenmann (Monoblue-Control)
2:0

Game1: GoblinPiledriver is beginning
R1: Jungle Shrine  -- Island
R2: Savannah + Soltari Trooper --  Island
R3: Rip-Clan Crasher(get Syncopate) -- Island
R4: Tattermunge Maniac(get Memory Lapse) -- Grim Monolith
R5: Tattermunge Maniac -- Island + Crumbling Sanctuary + S.D.Top
R6: Stomping Ground + Tangle Wire --
R7: Plains + Ajani Vengeant(get Force of Will) --
R8: Wooly Thoctar  --  Island
R9: Boggart-Ram Gang -- Seat of the Synod + Glen Elendra Archmage
R10:Grim Lavamancer + Viashino Slaughtermaster -- Treahcery(Grim (re Swords to Plowshares)
R11: Sword of Fire and Ice  --  Ancestral Vision
R12: Naya Hushblade  +opponent plays Cryptic Command(Sword+tap) -- Island + Razormane Masticore
R13: Harm`s Way (get Elendra activated) + Sword of Fire and Ice -- S.D.Top + Sower of Temptation(Viashino)
R14: equipping S.Trooper with Sword o.F.I(shoot at Sower) --   

Sensenmann played early Crumbling Sanctuary so a early Victory was impossible. I stopped his Mana early with Tangle Wire, in that Time i played many Creatures. In time where he couldn't counter i played 2 times Sword of Fire and Ice and get Advantage of it.
In the End Sensenmann gives up with 19 Cards in Library, it seems that he forgot to shoot with Razormane Masticore my Soltari Trooper with Sword o.F.I down.
If he had done it he had gain Control of the Game, the only question is if he could bring my 80 cards down while he has only 15 cards left. 

Game2: Sensenmann is beginning
R1: Thawing Glaciers -- Plateau + Savannah Lions
R2: Island  -- Bloodstaired Mire(Taiga) + Noble Hiearch + Frenzied Goblin
R3: Thawing Glaciers + Ancestarl Vision  -- Karplusan Forest + Wilt-Leaf Liege(get Force Spike)
R4: Island + Thirst for Knowledge(discard Tormod's Crypt)-- Volcanic Hammer + Lightning Helix
R5: Island + Glen Elendra Archmage -- Temple Garden + Qasali Pridemage
R6: Island  -- Lightning Bolt 

Won this Game fast with Frenzied Goblin and Savannah Lion, supported by Burn.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi High Tide vs. Payron Blue Artifact Control

2 - 1

I mulled to six on play and Payron to five. I accelerated with some signets and played Concentrate into is Drain, which gave him Intuition for future Crucible and Triskelion. I resolved Fact next turn, tutored for Mana Flare and went for it with double backup. Time Spiral gave me Gifts and FoW and I Stroked him out.

We both had Library second game, but I struggled to find land drops and had to use main phase draw in addition to Library. Payron won a counter war over my Izzet Signet and played Master Transmuter. Trike joined the party again, and I began to setup Gigadrowse into next turn High Tide. Unfortunately, he put Panoptic Mirron into play imprinting Time Warp. All I needed was one turn, but he had two counters awaiting.

I begun the third one with Flare and Gigadrowse in hand. We both layed down Islands and drew some cards. I countered his Gifts at the beginning of my one End Step, and found Palinchron with Flash of Insight. He had nothing and I drew two X-spells.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

firestarter (Aluren + Swans - Combo) vs Vazdru (Bg-Midrange)

1: He won the die roll and had a brillant start with Ancient Tomb + Talisman of Dominance + Portent. I played Cabal Therapy naming Demonic Tutor (he revealed Tainted Pact, Duress, Mana Leak + 2 Lands). T2 he didn't counter my Sensei's to play eot Tainted Pact into Fact or Fiction which he played in mainphase of next turn (pack I: Insidious Dreams, Spike Feeder, Conflagrate; pack II: Dimir Infiltrator, Ponder - he took p I). Second mainphase he played LoA. Now i've started to screw him down with Fulminator Mage (-> LoA), Wasteland (-> Ancient Tomb). A bit later he played eot Dreams into Swans Combo but before he went off I flashback Cabal Therapy naming  Mana Leak + Diabolic Edict for Swans. Next turn he had to play Chains on my Hypnotic Specter and conceded short after.

2: He started with Sleight of Hands and T2 LoA. I've had T1 Swamp, T2 Mutavault + Dark Confidant. He had Thoughtseize for my Chittering Rats and drew some extra cards via LoA. I've had no good draws via Confidant (Creakwood Liege + Tombstalker :P). I've had Icequake for LoA, Putrefy for Signet but he had already all pieces for Aluren-Combo. After Abeyance he went off for infinite Lp so i conceded.

3: T1: Sensei's, T2: Dark Confidant (again), T3: Fetchland + Tarmogoyf, T4: Icequake, T5: Mindshatter for 2 (he just dropped LoA :O) - random discard: Aluren + Eternal Witness. Into the bargain my Tarmogy become BIG and I attacked for 7 damage leaving him with 7 LP. He wasn't able to find a solution in time.

1:2

Thx for ggs!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

marchhare

sturmgott(white-stax)-marchhare(ugwb) 0-2

First game i drop some fast creatures with llanowar elv, but he handles them with ghostly prison.
I lay down a gaddok and after his morphed exalted angel becomes persuaded (by treachery) through a
winter orb he gives up ( guess the gaddok locked him, by having only 4 available mana).

Second game i mulligan down to 5 (everytime only one land), he keeps, but stops playing lands after a wasteland and
maze, i draw a mox and discard my single land. the next rounds nothing happens, except a countered mana artifact (force spike), then i lay down LoA ( with 6 cards in hand), wich he wastes after drawing during his next turn.

After some more rounds i play another time gaddok teeg and he gives up (with no available mana in play), with any other land (except maze) id have dropped ohran viper... (with mana leak in hand).

disappointing games sturmgott, sorry  :-[

lio123

lio123 (UGr Heartbeat) vs Mythrandir (5cc)
                                      2:1

First game was very fast, he played some creatures and was tapped and i had in hand heartbeat + palinchron + stroke + counterspell as a backup  1:0

Second game i was little bit manascrewed and Mythrandir played fast Glen Elendra which really slowed me. When i tried to build my manabase, he had LftL engine running and had card advantage. He took me down to 6 with Eternal Witness and Trygon Predator and then killed with demonfire.  1:1

Third game was very long and i won. 2:1 (i don't have time to write report)

Interesting games :)

peeler

peeler (oh captain, my captain) 2 vs payron (5c survival) 0

Payron

Goblinpiledriver (RGW-Naya) - Payron (5c control)

First game: I rolled higher and started just laying lands and second trun talisman, he started with Cerodon Yearling which got removed turn 3 with Flametongue Kavu ... after that he burned kavu and played mother of runes ... in the end i had court hussar - Tarmo - Meloku against Mother - Skyknight Legionnaire - Anurid Brushhopper equipt with Sword of Fire and Ice ... it was rly close game I was on 3 life and could counter the lightning bolt and killed him off with mass meloku tokens ... wouldn t he scrwed mana he would of won I guess

0:1

Second game: fast start with isamaru countert from Maze of ith ... he layed down some impressive pressure with mother Tarmo and Wild Nacatl I just ramped mana with krosans verge but I handled the board with trinked mage on explosives on 1 and cleared the board controling the tarmo with maze ... at that point i had 3 counters left on my hand and some removel ... the game crashed with the following situation: I got 7 lands + Maze with top - Jace - Trinked mage - Venser - Flametongue Kavu on hand Lightning Helix and Maelstorm Puls ---- he got Hearthfire Hobgoblin and 4 lands -- on hand STP and char .. so he gave me the win ... faire play thx

0:2

firestarter (Aluren + Swans - Combo)- Payron (Mono B suicide)

first game: I handled some threads with discard and was just to fast after that

Second game: not much to say fast combo ftw

third game: I had again some discard and pressure on the board ... I told me after he did something wrong so that was maybe just luck for me :-/

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs marchhare (4-5c Survival?)
2-0

G1: slow draw but can beat him down with some Elves.

G2: Nice Draw with Fyndhorn, Priest, Wrens, Champ, Garruk, Forest, Crop R And can win with forestwalking Elves.

sorry for my draw an your screw.

TeKo

TeKo (GW Elves!) vs. Zool (5c Survival?)
2-1

G1: I keep a slow hand and he wins with looter+squee and Warmonk.

G2: Good hand with Rofellos and Staff I tap his creatures and combo when I draw my 5th Forest.

G3: After Hl mulligan I have 4 lands in hand but keep he has 9 mana sources and only 2 spells in 5 Turns. I topdeck Symbiote and Archdruid = win on Turn 4/5 with Entity after I topdecked Ghost Quarter to get a Plains ;)

ggs and thx for the games.

Payron

Lio123 (Boros Deck Wins) vs Payron (5c control)

First game: I searched with Corp Rotation for Maze which slowed him down pretty much ... I played some removel and could bring Magus of the Tabernacle out which was insane against aggro ... we played a while and but we could feel I had the control deck and won slowly

Second game: he was early game scrwed and I decided to destroy his land with vindicate to leave him just with chrome ox but he drew into enough lands in the end ... I would need 1 more turn to recover my life points with Rhox War Monk but he drew brun to end the game (maybe I decided wrong here becuase I had force with 2 life and rhox as only possible play :-/)

Third game: I had early Maze but a bit mana screw but I could clear the board and recoverd life with Loxodon hierach - Exalted angel and Wall of Reverence which was just insane lifegain ... but I was down to 5 life so it was close ... guess Corp Rotation on Volraths stronghold made the game

gg's

peeler

Predi (staxx) 1: peeler (enchantress) 2

First game: Aramgeddon and smokestaxx in one turn just killed me
Second game: Luminarch Ascension turn 2 for the win
Third game: Elpeth on my side beat his Tezzeret

firestarter

Firestarter (5c-basic-survival - galahad (elves) 2-1

First game he won because of his turn 3- natural order searching for proacher.
Second game i countered 2 times in a turn and had many beaters to kill him.
third game crashed first, then again, but my board position was predator, grunt, vial (3), 8 lands, 4 hand cards - 4 lands, random elf and 3 hand cards. i think he wouldn`t have won that.
MWS sucks

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Payron 5CC with btb and the likes.

Don't remember much, because i thought he'd post. anyway, i´ll try.
Game 1: i think he was a bit screw early on and eventually i killed him
Game 2: Think it was a close one till he dropped blood moon.
game 3: not only was i stuck on low lands, but he played BTB. i even layed a deed, but never got the 3rd land do make the sac.

If he remembers anything else, feel free to post.

Mythrandir 5CC VS Mean_tutor "5C creatures"?!

Game 1: he played censor, then ninjutsu a ninja, then censor again + lavamancer. i had glen and eventually cleared the board with a wog. After that a garruk + a finks won the match. He was stuck on 4 lands (and then 3 with the help of my vindicate) for a very long time.

Game 2: Again he played some critters, some giving CA (looters...) and again i cleared the board, he then played some more critters i play maze of ith but he had ajani vengeant i vindicated his PW, but i was too low on life, in the end a waterfront bouncer with moldervine + a pump spell killed me. I drew huge amounts of lands...

Game 3: he again played some creatures: FOD, dark confidant, etc. i shriekmaw'ed, wog'ed. he played finks, goyf + genesis i played eternal witness + wog + jund charm. after that i got my doran online and started to lower his life points and eventually killed him with a mana drain backup.
All 3 games i was low on life, but i think in all 3 games either he or i had some mana issues which make me felt the games could have been more interesting.
Anyhow thks for playing.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (Naya-Zoo)  vs Pyyhttu (Dreamhalls)

Round1:GoblinPiledriver is beginning

R1:Flooded Strands(Savannah) + Savannah Lion  --  Underground Sea + suspending Ancestral Vision
R2:Wooded Foothills(Taiga) + Bant Sureblade -- Island + Talisman of Dominance
R3:Rancor + Grim Lavamancer  --  Peat Bog
R4:Wax/Wane(Grim L.) + Chain Lightning

Turn 4 kill with 2 Lands

Round2: Pyyhttu is beginning

R1:Island + Mox Diamond(Godless Shrine)
R2:Karplusan Forest + Tattermunge Maniac  --  Sulfur Vent
R3: Undiscovered Paradise+ Rancor(Goblin) + Birds of Paradise  --  Mystic Gate + Impulse
R4: Boros Swiftblade(got Remand) + Forest -- Darkwater Catacombs + Diminishing Returns
R5: Flagstones of Trokair + Woolly Thoctar -- Lim-Dul's Vault + Dream Halls + Intuition(Conflux,Myojin of Seeing Winds,Sins of the Past) ...

I could get no advantage of Dimishing Returns, so Round 5 Dreamhalls and thats it.

Plateau + Kird Ape -- Underground Sea + Sleight of Hand
Treetop Village + Tattermunge Maniac  --  Ponder(shuffles) + Flooded Strand(Scrubland) + Thoughtseize(Kamo of the Ancient Law)
Bonesplitter(Kird Ape)  -- 
Soltari Trooper

Round 5 kill but we both had only 2 Lands. In 3 Games 2 times screwed(at least i won them) that is not good.

GG's Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.