Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VII

Started by Vazdru, 01-08-2009, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predi

Vazdru(Bg Midrange) - Predi(RDW Gobbos)
1:2
Game1: Won with Jinxed Choker, Reckless Abandon and some creatures a turn before he could use Deed
Game2: Couldnet do that much after he destroyed several lands and let me discard everything with Lilian Vess
Game3: Got Vial, Goblin Recruiter and Sharpshooter on my Starthand so i won with Sharpshooter, Siege-Gang and some other Goblins i searched with Recruiter

Nastaboi

Nastaboi High Tide vs. Goblinpiledriver Non-blue Survival

2 - 1

1st game I Force Spiked his Survival, countered some other spells and went off on turn six with little trouble. Second game I first Lapsed then Delayed his Vindicate on my land and laid down Extraplanar Lens. I attempted to go off with one counter on Vindicate, but fizzled due error of calculation. That's what you get when playing tired.

Third game I went Top-Medallion-Concentrate-Treachery (on Tarmogoyf)+Palinchron same turn. I was in beatdown mode and did not play twisters Top showed me until he EOT Helixed me, Vialed in Hierarch and got me down to three. Then I Time Spiraled and passed the turn mana up, and as he played nothing of relevance I just played EOT Gifts FTW.

GG's, I hoped he had played some more aggroish to get some serious testing.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Tabris

Hey Nastaboi, could you post your Hightide list? Since I´am playing myself a monoU Deck I´am interested to see how to implicate a combo. ;)

Nastaboi

Quote from: Tabris on 07-10-2009, 01:22:47 AM
Hey Nastaboi, could you post your Hightide list? Since I´am playing myself a monoU Deck I´am interested to see how to implicate a combo. ;)

I don't dare because it's so much under developement, but I can PM you a rough shell.

peeler

peeler (5cStaxx) 2 vs Goblinpiledirver (naya Zoo) 1

First round he rushed me to hard

Second round i could stabilize with oblisk of alara and cycle red decree for the win

Third game I have to mulligan down to 5 but could play an early crumbling sanctuary he gets the beat down after a while i keep the board clear with rath and abysee but there where only around 20 cards left in my library and most win condition where gone. so i had to charge lilian vess and ajani vengence for a while, thanks got acedemy ruins an smoke stack saved me for deck out...

Sensenmann

Sensenmann (BGw-Rock) vs. Stefan82 (5c-Oath) 2:0

First Game he plays tainted pact into Gifts Ungiven but I answer it with Gaddock Teeg and Saffi Eriksdotter. He searches for solutions while I beat him to death with my Creatures.

Second Game I own him with my Oath... of Ghouls. No matter what he does to keep my creatures at bay they alway come back and start the beating again. Finally he surrenders.

Those were fun games with a nice player. Thanks!

marchhare

Vazdru(UGB-survival)- marchhare(5-color creature control) 1-2

Ive forgotten most facts, but he wins the first game after dropping some pressure, and mindtwisting me, afterwards i routine sac loxodon hierarch "with dmg on the stack" (fight against some 4/x<5)  :-[:D

G2 i win by racing him as far as i know. (break for some hours after the first 2 games)

The third game starts with no relevant plays until turn 4 on my side, while he takes the lead with lotus cobra, glazing gladeheart (  ;)) and some other small beaters. Im not really concentrated and make many weak plays, but resolve a survival and aether vial quite late. He play gifts, i play tarmogoyf and get a glen elendra archmage, which counters his b2b (after letting a mindtwist for 5 hit me), after this round i keep on attacking him and countering all relevant threats (genesis in grave) and he gives up ( lethal tarmo + countermagic..). Vazdrus deck seemed to have too much cards which dont affect the game gravely, e.g. the gladeheart, which got him over 15 life, but nevertheless wasnt a relevant factor to consider ( against aggro its actually an only-long-range-good 4turn drop--> not really playable in highlander).

thanks to vazdru for the nice match  :)

marchhare

nastaboi(almost-monoU-combo) - marchhare (always the same) 0-2

First game he gets a voices from the void (for 5 obv) in turn 4 (with birds of paradise), afterwards some small creatures kill him, while he tries to recover.

G2 i play t2 lotus cobra and t3 voices (  ;D ) with 3 right duals in play (fetched obv). The next turn he plays ideas unbound and timetwister...which gets me mindtwist, lol ^^.
A tidehollow sculler to pull out countermagic and mindtwist for zero handcards later he stays with no relevant cards in graveyard or play. (again some random 2/x kill him)

Thank you for the funny games  ;)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi High Tide - derStefan Oath

2 - 1

1st game he mulled down to five but got Divining Top. He missed a land drop though, and I tutored Extraplanar Lens and started drawing cards. Twister showed me just land, but I set up Drain+Spiral for following turn and won from there.

DerStefan got nuts 2nd game: Land, Diamond, Demonic, Land, Oath, EOT Crop Rotation for Orchard. I had a great hand myself and put up some resistance, but my changes were so slim that I just scooped it up.

3rd game started more cautiously, I drew some cards and let him tutor for Library. He did not counter my draw to keep high card count in hand, and I went for it with a backup turn six. Eventually Mind's Desire was played storm count being equal to my library size.

Thanks for the games, and special thanks to Marchhare for Voices from the Void humiliation!

marchhare

this wasnt meant as humiliation, the exact opposite ! i just wanted to tell that u had very bad luck during the games, and lost because of that ^^  ;)

Kavu24

Kavu (NaYa) vs. derStefan (Oath)

2:0

First game can i win with Doublestrike and Griant Growth and the second he kept a one land hand.

cu an thx for the games.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood)    vs Teko (GW-Elves)
2:1

Round1: Teko is beginning
R1: Forest + Essence Warden  --  Windswept Heath(Stomping Ground)
R2: Forest + Priest of Titania  --  Polluted Delta(Scrubland) + evoking Shriekmaw(Priest)
R3: Windswept Heath(Savannah) + Survival o.t.F. +survival Elvish Visionary to Elvish Champion --  Plains + Doran, the Siege Tower
R4:Elvish Champion  --  Snow-Covered Forest + Mind Twist for 3
R5: survival Brass Herald to Rofellos + Rofelos Llanowar Emissary  --  Wasteland +Oblivion Ring
R6: Forest  --  Horizon Canopy and safrice it + Bitterblossom
R7: survival Nissa's Chosen to Viridian Zealot+ play and safrice Zealot(O.Ring(Elvish Champion))  --  Forest + Brion Stoutarm
R8: survival Wellwisher to Eladamri + Eladamri Lord of Leaves( re Path to Exile to Elvish Champion) -- Godless Shrine
R9: Sylvan Scrying  ...

Won this game with Doran and Brion Stoutarm against Elvish Champion and a few Elves at very low life.

Round2: Teko is beginning
R1: Forest + Fyndhorn Elves  --  Savannah
R2: Forest + Wirewood Symbiote + Sylvian Scrying(Gea's Cradle)  --  Plateau + Wall of Blossom
R3: Gea's Cradle + Sylvian Messenger (Elvish Visionary, Eladamri) --  Sakura-Tribe Elder(Plains)
R4: Priest of Titania + Imperious Perfect  --  Blood Crypt+ Sterling Grove + Demonic Tutor
R5: Eladamri + Wilt-Leaf Liege ....

This was short and brutal. I can't win this one.

Round3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
R1:Temple Garden + Llanowar Elves  --  Wooded Foothills + Llanowar Elves
R2:Plateau + Watchwolf  --  Devoted Druid
R3:Badland + Wilt-Leaf Liege  --  Ghost Quarter + Bloodline Shaman + Skyshroud Elite + Crop rotation(Gea's Cradle) +Sylvian Messenger(found 3 Elves)
R4:Earthquake for 3 ...

I go aggro mode with Watchwolf and Wilt-Leaf Liege. I finally found Earthquake whichs rescues me from the elf horde.(Which definatlly got out of Control)
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

derStefan82

derStefan 4C-Oath vs Vazdru BG-Sui
2:1

1. Game he started faster than me, I had little counter and he little pressure. After playing Gift I could go into Oath so I think I had a bit better options,
but game breaks so we regamed.

1. Game second time. I could counter his 2. turn Confidant with Spell Snare. He played this black Totem which can be 5/5 trample and you loose permanents to damage it get.
  After attacking with no creatures on my side I could get a Factory for blocking by playing Crop Rotation which let him sacrifice 2 of his 4 permanents.
  I had running Loam Engine + Factory + cloned Factory (Vesuva) and later Library. So after beating with Factory and solutions for his spells he played Death Cloud which
  killed all premanentes besides 1 Factory on my side and the Totem on his side so I could find Land and kill him with Factory.

2. Game I mulligand to 4 with 1 land and tutor option. He got high pressure with 2nd round Bitterblossom, Factory ... so killed me before I could do anything.

3. Game he got Blossom I got tutored Oath fast enough. He killed my green mana source (Tropical) with wasteland I founnd Chrome Mox. He could handle my Hellkite Overlord with edict  and
   beat me down to 6 life I tutored 50/50 chance Ancestors Chosen go to 26 life and got last creature in deck Progenitus next round for my win.

Very nice and fair games. Thanks for it. At least a lucky day for my unlucky oath.

Stefan

Kavu24

KAvu(UBG) vs Mythrandir (5cc)

2:0

Sry no time to report.

Thx for the games.

Kavu

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Monoblue Skies vs. Firestarter Reanimator

1 - 2

1st game was an attrition war. I Commandeered his early Duress but he had BS in response. He hided Survival, but I bounced and then countered it. My lone Spiketail Hatchling beat him down to six but I got no other pressure and could not keep up with his card advantage.

2nd game I Drained his Sylvan Scrying into Sower taking his bird, countered everything relevant, Needled his Bazaar and when he finally could reanimate something, played Counter Magic on it.

3rd game started scary with Demonic from him and then crashed. I had B2B+counter, lookin solid. He drew into TEH NUTS: 1st turn Bird (as in every game  :-X), 2nd turn Survival which I Needled (pitched Iona in response), 3rd turn Crop Rotation into Bazaar + Reanimate Iona against my monoblue deck.

GG's, thanks for the season and see you in Frankfurt!