Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabris

Tabris (UG-AGGRO Control) vs  Pyyhttu (GW-Enchantress)  2:0

1st Game:  Turn 1 Noble Hierarch, Turn 2 Kitchen Finks, Turn 3 Phantom Centaur and the beating continues, pyyhttu got only top and luminarch accension and a Moat, but right after resolving it, i can destroy the moat and its gg.

2nd Game: I start with LoA (IMBA STRIKES AGAIN) and have a slow start, pyyhttu got wild growth, presence of the enchantress and duelling grounds. Some Rounds later I equip my Werebear with SoFI and Rancor thanks to the Library I ve got enough counter back up and can beat him down. I was really courius to see how the enchantments could go crazy (he wants to resolve the white epic spell).

gg´s.

Payron

Pyyhttu (Reaniamtor) - Payron (boros deck wins)

1:2

report later

Helle

Helle (Fish) vs. -jFk- (WW)

Game 1: He starts with Mother of Runes, I only got Gerrard's Verdict granting me 3 life. I got a Pestermite equipped with Mask of Memory, but he got Figure of Destiny and Goldmeadow Harrier which prevents me from drawing additional cards. I then begin stalling the game with Bitterblossom and Maze of Ith. The game lasts like forever. He cast a spell every now and then which I happen to counter. We both draw and play spells with minor influence and the only damage I take is from Bitterblossom. After about 30 minutes I got both Exalted Angel and Sword of Light and Shadow in play, so he cannot prevent me from getting life with his tapper. I manage to kill him with my army of flyers.

Game 2 is quite the opposite: It's done in less than 5 minutes. He starts with Elite Vanguard, White Knight, Soltari Champion, Mutavault. No chance for me, I'm dead the turn after.

Game 3 I manage to slow him down with Sygg, River Cutthroat equipped with Lightning Greaves so that only his Soltari Priest can attack. On turn 5 I play Baneslayer Angel and attack immediatly. He destroys the Greaves, but I manage to counter his attempts to destroy the angel and the game is decided after the forth attack. He was screwed on three lands though.

I win 2:1

Thank you for the very exciting games!

The_Ocean

The_Ocean($taxx)vs.pyyhttu(UBRG Unearth)
I win 2:1

Game 1: I started of by playing gifts for loam, wasteland, demonic, and dust bowl, i had him locked on the lands at 3 but he kept droping lands and guys, that he later unearth ftk

Game 2: I think this was the most intense game i've played in the league, afte a couple of minutes controling i resolve an Oath, and im able to activate it 3 times geting Titan 1st, then i get Empirial angel, and lastly i get an Ancestor's Chosen gaining me 64 lifes, after that atack with angel takeing him to 11, he then untaps and plays Living Death geting rid of my hole board and bringing back nearly halve of his deck, i untap and draw Academy Ruins, there was only 21 cards left in my deck but loam wasnt in my grave, i take an attack from his team, then i activate the ruins on a Crumbling Sanctuary, i lose my deck to his atacks, but i have Ruins with EE in the grave, and he says he has no way of beating it so we go to game3 (when we where shuffleing for g3, he realises he had a Cephalid Coliseum in his hand, and could had used that ftw, lol)

Game 3: He starts first he resolves a Bloodgast 3rd turn, mean time I build my mana base, 4th turn he resolves the 4/2 first strike unearth guy, and i play an Oath, he then attacks me then plays firestorm for 3 killing his team, and duing 3 damege to me, I untap and play Wildfire geting rid of all his lands and i stayed with a Darksteel Ingot and a signet, i had loam in hand so i continued to transmute a Tolaria West, 1st for Maze of Ith, then for Forbiden Orchad, and since i had Oath, it was match soon after that.

Man i hadn't had so much fun playing in a game for a while, the games would go back and forward and was never sure what was gona happend
ggs, and best of luck to pyyhttu

pyyhttu

QuoteThe_Ocean($taxx)vs.pyyhttu(UBRG Unearth)

Actually my deck _wants_ to be more like a dredge. From the test gauntlet against suicide black: http://iki.fi/~pyyhttu/temp/DSC_2267.JPG
Yeah, that's turn 5.

Quotehe realises he had a Cephalid Coliseum in his hand, and could had used that ftw, lol

In my virtual hand, do note. I had the real life deck in my hands and went it frantically through looking for outs. Ancient Grudge was exiled, and concluded Burning Inquiry was already in the grave.

Never raised my vision to check my actual mws hand on the screen. But hey! I'm a player who doesn't notice even if opponent is playing Battle of Wits deck!

marchhare

payron (4c-popular-control ;D) vs marchhare (combo-aggro) 1-2

first game i have a bad and slow draw (although im able to do a bit), and lose after a couple of time.

G2 lasts almost till kingdom comes, i cant remember all details, but after we both lose most of our hand cards, somehow, i wait/tutor/draw for a library, wich leads to further 15 min of less impressive action, after some rounds he loses after a very late daze countered his kederekt leviathan ( i put more and more pressure on the table the turns before)

G3 i mulligan down to 6 (had 4 lands and 3 spells without any impact...), and keep 4 lands (one cycle), LftL and entomb into darkblast for his looter, llanowar the next turns).
he doesnt do much the first turns, i had the option for ravens crime and wasteland too, but he had aether vial, so wastlanding him wouldnt do much, the same is true for ravens crime, cause i wouldnt have any defence if he dropped a random beater, so i darkblast his first targets, then play a hermit druid, wich explodes and mills ca 50 cards.
then i reanimate inkwell leviathan, and sundering titan the next turn (after he played gifts on 3 reanimation spells + random card during his turn), wich destroys his 4 lands, so that he gives up ( with vial on 3 and engineered explosives for the sacrificed hermit druid ).

thanks for the games  ;)

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW) vs  Seveneyes (Reanimator) 2:1

He wins the roll and starts with t1 duress letting  me discard oblivion ring, the only out i have against reanimation enchantments at the moment. All i got left is three flyers which i put out in the next turns. He plays Tarmogoyf on t2 and then.. turn three Frentic search an Necromancy. So now he has Inkwell Leviathan and an 5/6 tarmogoyf. I send goyf on a journey, what i ment to leave for the animated creature. that 5 damage from the goyf may have cost me the game, because i can only race him down to 1 or 2 before the leviathan swings for the win... very close though.

In game 2 i have a hand countaining four plains, cursed scroll, winter orb and serra avenger. I'm not quite sure, what to do: keep the slow hand and try to somehow control him out, spoil almost everything or take a muligan right away. In the end i cycle a plains for tangle wire. Of course he has t1 duress again and he takes away winter orb (wouldn't tangle wire have been better? at least from the future point of view it seems quite obvious but even then... i had no kind of pressure which would've made winter orb any good. anyways...). I do nothing t2 as does jan and then play my tanglewire. he responds to the effect by entombing iona into his grave. I draw ronom unicorn and play serra avenger and mother of runes. Again in his upkeep he plays intuition for three reanimators. i give him the animate dead obv. in my turn i even draw kami of ancient law too and play both just too be sure. all that is enough to kill him in the next two or three turns.

He starts again, first game without duress. i got an insignificant soltarie foot soldier and then he plays ideas unbound to put both akroma AND blazing archon to his almost-battlefield-zone. i can do nothing about them in my 2nd turn (i "only" have stonecloaker) to prevent him from reanimating akroma and kill me 4 turns later. but i can play  jotun grunt to at least put him under some pressure and get rid of one of the fatties. but then the miracle happens. HE HAS NO T3 REANIMATOR. he can handle jotun grunt though but i dont care for that any more because with the cloaker i can handle one creature in his grave each turn. indeed he has breath of live (cc4 reanimator) in his next turn and is really not happy to see my gargoyle flashing in and out the game - crushing his hopes on his way. thats the point where the game was virtually over but he didnt give up but played kitchen finks and wild mongrel. But all his reanimate action costed him lots of cards (he had plenty of land too) so im just in advantage now and play wilt-leaf liege, wilt leaf cavaliers, aven mindcensor and after he double-blocks the cavalier i play figure and armageddon to make my point clear.

It was really fun and exciting as well because all games could well also have ended in the other players favor.

Tabris

Tabris (UG Aggro Control)  vs  Sturmgott (MonoG Elves) 2:1

1st Game: He is able to get all the key cards on the table and was only facing a venser and a bird, which wasnt enough for Priest of Titania, Cradle, Regal Force, Primalcrux etc. so was finished off by a 21/21 Primalcrux.

2nd Game: I ve got all the counter I need and on the top of that he was manascrewed. So I could develop my board and waiting for his surrendering.

3rd Game: He got Turn "3" 4 creatures on the table including soul warden and some mana elves, I use explosives on "1" killing all his guys except for one 1/2 dude and waste his 3rd land. So he was facing a venser with the +3/+2 equipment and a lot of counterbackup. He was able to play a chord which brings him eladmari but nothing else is coming so a tarmogoyf and sower of temptation doing the rest for me, sitting with FoW and Miscalculation in my hand.

gg´s

Seveneyes

Seveneyes (Reanimator) vs. Peeler (Boros) 2:1

Game 1:
I start and play third turn Intuition. Next turn my spontaneously reanimated Woodfall Primus destroys his Ankh of Mishra and blocks a critter. Fifth turn Iona seals the game.

Game 2:
He starts with Steppe Lynx, which deals me 8 dmg with two attacks, followed by Soltari Trooper. I got Merfolk Looter and only red mana to spend, when he has third turn Magus of the Moon.

Game 3:
He mulls to 6 and misses a landdrop second turn. I have Kitchen Finks and a Wasteland for his second land, he never draws a third.

Thx for the games!

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (4C-Blood)    vs    marchare(UBG-Reanimator)
2:1

Game1: marchare is beginning
R1: Elves of Deep Shadow
R2: Demonic Tutor + Careful Study(Iona; Woodfall Primus)  --  Steward of Valeron
R3: Birds of Paradise + Animate Dead(Woodfall Primus(Scrubland))  --  Survival of the Fittest
R4: Sensei's Divining Top  --  Sakura-Tribe Elder + survivaling Putrid Leach to Eternal Witness
R5: Living Death(re survival Shriekmaw to Eternal Witness)--> GP:Shriekmaw(Iona) + Putrid Leech + S.t.E.   Marchare: Woodfall Primus(Survival)  -- Garruk Wildspeaker(3/3)
R6: Merfolk Looter     -- Lightning Bolt(Merfolk)

Marchare gets early Woodfall Primus and starts attaking me. As I played Survival he played Living Death, I killed with Shriekmaw his Iona, W.Primus killed my Survival. Final Round he attaked me down to 2, while I got lethal damage on board. I killed his final blocker and won.

Game2: marchare is beginning
R1:Duress(Oblivion Ring)
R2: Crop Rotation(Cephalid Coliseum to Bazar of Bagdahd)  --  Bitterblossom
R3: Demonic Tutor  --  Anurid Brushhopper
R4: Stitch Together(Sphinx of the Steel Wind)  + Wasteland(Stomping Ground)  --  Birds of Paradise + AEther Vial
R5: Darkblast(Bird)          --                             
R6:                          --  Bloodbraid Elf(Steward of Valeron)
R7: Roar of the Wurm  --  Wooly Thoctar
R8:   Raven's Crime
R9: Tainted Pact(Necromancy)
R10:Necromancy(Bogardan Hellkite(re Jund Charm))  --  Vindicate(Sphinx of the Steel Wind)
0:18:34 [<System>] <System> Session Lost
0:18:34 [<System>] <System> Disconnected

The game crashed after I turned the game into my favour. Only 3-4 turns later I could had won.(Depends what marchare had played after this point)

Game3: marchare is beginning
R1:Entomb(Darkblast)    --  Birds of Paradise
R2: Darkblast(Bird) +  Wasteland(Bayou)  -- 
R3: Tombstalker            --  Woolly Thoctar(get Circular Logic)
R4:Life from the Loam(Wasteland) + Wasteland   --
R5: Life from the Loam(Bazar of Bagdhad) + Bazar of Bagdhad  --
R5: Life from the Loam   --  ....

Marchare disturbed me from playing 2nd turn Wolly Thoctar, he plays Tombstalker and contniued attaking my mana base. I lost quickly and whitout a chance.

Game4: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
R1: Birds of Paradise  --  Birds of Paradise
R2: Civic Wayfinder(Swamp)  --  Survival of the Fittest + survivaling Psychatog Squee
R3: Demonic Tutor + Survival of the Fittest  --  survivaling Squee to Bogardan Hellkite to Eternal Witness + Exhume(B.Hellkite(Bird, Wayfinder))
R4:  survivaling Watchwolf to Caller o.t.C. toBorderland Ranger    --  Wasteland(Stomping Ground) + Demonic Tutor + survival Squee to Inkwell Leviathan to Tombstalker
R5: evokeShriekmaw (B.Hellkite) +survivaling Borderland Ranger to Saffi E.  --  Zombify(Inkwell Leviathan)
R6: survivaling Saffi to Crypt Champion + Crypt Champion --> GP: 2.000.000 2/2  Marchare: Eternal Witness(Demonic Tutor)
R7: survivaling Squee to Blazing Archon to Empyrial Archangel + Demonic Tutor + Reanimate(Blazing Archon)
R8:  Vindicate(Blazing Archon) ...

He came out quickly with Borgadan Hellkite killing all my men. I played Survival while he beated me down . As I killed Borgadan Hellkite he managed to play Inkwell Leviathan. Finally I could go into the combo leaving me with 2 million Bear, he is left with Eternal Witness and Demonic Tutor.
Last offensive he reanimates Blazing Archon(could win in 2 Turns) and I had a Vindicate to end it.

Game 1 durrated 16 minutes
Game 2 durrated 19 minutes
Game 3 durrated  6 minutes
Game 4 durrated 39 minutes ==>80 min

Unbelivable hard games. Thanks.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Payron

Seveneyes (Reanimator) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

1:2

Vazdru (Swans) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

0:2

Payron

Mythrandir (5c control) - Payron (Boros Deck Wins)

First game: Mythrandir won the role and started. My first turn Figure was handled by a Demonfire for 1 and I layed down Suntail Hawk. He Transmuted the land to find Wasteland for my Plateau. After he layed down a Trinket Mage I played my Blood Moon which ended the game.

Second Game: I started of with Land Tax so Mythrandir didn t played a second land drop I tryed pressure with Mistral Charger and Boros Swiftblade which got supported by Honor of the Pure. He handled the Swiftblade with StP. After a Trinked Mage for Explosies I resolved a Winter Orb which gave me some time. She resolved as he was gone on 1 Life, but a Hierach pumped his life up a bit. A second Explosives through Witness killed my Solitarie Foot Soldiar and my Suntail Hawk. I layed some critters down again and pumped them up with Ajanie. Before my final attack he played Intuition on 3 Life which was responded with Lightning Helix

gg's

0:2

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Wb Angel Stax - Payron UGbw Aggro-control

2 - 1

I had to mull to six and drew nothing threatening while he built up his mana base. He got Deed against my Hokori but no land drops and had to wait several turns to reach four mana. I had Archon of Justice in grave and started abusing Recurring Nightmare, but made a mistake by not removing his Karakas which let him bounce my Hokori EOT. He drew Tormod's on top of that, and locked me down with Karakas and Venser.

Second game he had Vial and Top which he used aggressively but seemed to find nothing useful. I resolved Shriekmaw and Yosei and when he found Spike Weaver I used World Queller to kill my own dragon to tap his side. After that Armageddon was just overkill.

Payron played Goyf with Tropical, Waste and Volrath's Stronghold as his starting lands. I accelerated with signets, and Dust Bowl traded instantly with Tropical and Wasteland. He had no more lands, and obviously I topdecked Volrath's of my own. He packed it up after I chumped his Goyf and put down Smokestack.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

No Stress

No Stress (Stax) 2:0 Sturmgott (Basic Domain Stuff)

This was a long time ago, I can't remember this one at all.

peeler

peeler (Boros) 2 vs Firestarter 1 (5c Survival)