Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derStefan82

derStefan82 (WUBG Oath) - Nastaboi (Battle of Wits) 2:0 (shamefull, I would call it a 1:1 but read the report)

We had a 2 hour match with only 2 played games, one full of epic fails and one really crazy endless game.

1. Game I got good hand with Library and double Tutor, he could copy my Library and found Wasteland for mine I think one round after. I could find Orchard and Oath fast but he could manage it by removing his token with black Pact. Then 1. epic fail, he forgot to pay pact in upkeep. As we both were not playing for tops and I enjoyed playing with him we continued with letting him pay for it afterwards. He got big cardadvantage I got Dragon which he killed me and afterwards Progenitus brought me down to 5-10 cards. I played lots of big failures tapped out even if I had Krosan Recla. in Grave wich would have give me some Rounds and attacking him with my Mutavault which he could sacc his two tokens in so that my Oath was not longer active. He played Moat for my progenitus and I died through milling myself.

2. Game I started with Library and Vesuva on hand, he could thoughtseize me down to 5 cards in his turn and found vindicate for library. I hand Loam to get back Library. As I saw that he tutored much I was afraid of combo and hold all time mana for counterbackup but could get enough cardadvantage from my 2 librarys to find counters for all his stuff including managing his battle of wits and finding my needed cards after 40 cards drawn/dredged. I got into Oath / Orchard with some tutor stuff but he could manage it by self destroying tokens and Oblivion Ring on Oath. I could do graveyard tricks with loam on tolaria west transmute to explosives but he repealed Ring so as I had no other Removal I changed my strategy to Man-Lands and hit him with treetop, next round tree top + mishra, next round got another tree top (vesuva). He was on 7 Life I was on < 20 cards in Library. I had 3 Critters in Library which I was possible to hardcast 2. So he dropped and gave the game to me.

Thanks to Nastaboi for this really crazy games.

Nastaboi

You forgot some highlight including when you tapped out for Oath and I got to play Rhystic Tutor with 7 mana open. I was well below 200 cards by then. I decided to go first Teachings and then Esper Charm Oath, only to find out you still had one mana open for Mana Tithe humiliation. Would have played no different though, I had to take some risks as you were so far ahead in cards even if I managed to destroy Oath. Later on I forgot to draw card from Portent, which happened to be Cremate. Would have been difference between one or two Treetops. Yay for playing tired.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

derStefan82

Sorry for that Nastaboi, were so long games that I was glad to get the game together afterwards.
Additional I have to say, Mana Tithe is great and did best job in both games. I will play Gaeas Blessing
again which I removed before this game for only playing Krosan Rec. But I had 2 times extreme self-milling
problems.

Tabris

Tabris (UG-AggroControl)2 vs 0 Seveneyes (BW-Discard)

1st Game:  I´ll start with a LoA and got a slow hand but he had just an wretch and some discard spells. After I played Man-o-War and Sower he played damnation.
After that we both were not able to get some pressure on the table. But finally i can get some elephants on the battlefield and beat him down.

2nd Game: I´ll start with bop and Vendillion Clique Turn 2. He got a Nezumi Graverobber, Mindcensor and Gargoyle..something. I summon an Serendib Efreet and have enought power on the table to make some advance. Some turns later i draw a Scryb Ranger and a SoFE and be able to kill all his creatures and beat him to death with Scryb Ranger and a 4/4 Werebear (got 5 cards in graveyard but draw brainstorm together with a fetchland and got threshold to eradicate the 5 lifepoints of him)

gg´s

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW)  --  Nastaboi (MonoU Heartbeat ;D)     2:0

First game he has some counters and a Propaganda. I finally manage to get a Griffin Guided Pegasus online which he is never able to handle.

In the second one he has T5 Heartbeat + Time Spiral plays two more Spells + Mind's Desire which gives him 4 (!) lands and Compulsive Research. In my turn I play lot's of guys and O-Ring for the Heartbeat. He has to act so he tries to repeal the Ring and to get a solution by drawing tons of cards. But he fails to find a decent card for preventing my horde to stamp him to the ground in my next attack.

Vazdru

Tabris is the first who reached 17 matches.

-jfk- is on third place now / Mythrandir need one win to come back on prize-ranks
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW)   vs    pyyhttu (monoR)    2:1

Thx for the fun! One Game won by Hidetsugu's Second Rite, what i've never seen before. Really exicting games!

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver (Naya-Zoo)    vs   derStefan82 (4C-Oath)
2:1

Game1: GoblinPiledriver is beginning, Stefan takes mulligan on 5
R1: Figure of Destiny                --
R2: Bant Sureblade                   --  Chainer's Edict(Figure)
R3: River Boa                              -- 
R4: Wilt-Leaf Liege(got Daze)   --  Moat
R5: Elspeth, Knight-Errant          --  Wrath of God
R6: Ajani Vengeant                -- 
R7:                                                  --
R8:  ...

Elspeth defeats Moat, Ajani Vengeant defeats Wrath.

Game2: Stefan is beginning, Stefan takes controlled mulligan on 6
R1: Treetop Village                       --  Grim Lavamancer
R2: Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale  --  Soltari Trooper
R3:                               --
R4: Intuition(3 times Oath)             --  Burning-Tree Shaman
R5: Mutavault + Nature's Spiral + Oath o.D.     --  Colossal Might
R6: Oath into Progenitus + Moment's Peace    --   Granger Guildmage
R7: Oath into Hellkite Overlord  ...

Stefan played too early Tabernacle, later Oath together with 2 Manlands, so I couldn't sacrifice my creatures. With Collosal Might, I brought him down to 5. Afterwards he oathed into Progenitus, while protecting himself with a Fog, with Chain Lightning in my hand i looked into my Defeat as he oathed Hellkite Overlord.

Game3: GoblinPiledriver is beginning, Stefan takes controlled mulligan on 6
R1: Tattermunge Maniac               --
R2: Mishra's Factory + Wild Nacatl   --
R3: Kitchen Finks(get Force Spike)  --  Engineered Explosives(1)
R4: Soltari Trooper + Noble Hierarch  --   Path to Exile(Soltari) + Lim-Dul's Vault(only on 5 cards)
R5:Garruk Wildspeaker                        --   Pithing Needle(Garruk)
R6: Tarmogoyf                                        --  ...

Stefan defeats my first wave, but the second, supported by mishra's factory, came through.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW)  vs   Mythrandir (5ColorGoodStuff)   2:1

Sorry but i'm wasted like hell and played 3 games today.

Mythrandir

Quote from: -jFk- on 28-01-2010, 10:39:34 PM
-jFk- (WW)  vs   Mythrandir (5ColorGoodStuff)   2:1

Sorry but i'm wasted like hell and played 3 games today.

Game 1: he played a 1/1 then honor of the pure + aether vial i played trinket mage for EE and cleared the board. he played another critter + crafted wargear, all his creatures were killed and i had goyf + garruk.

Game 2: he started strong and played factory, FoD and soltari champion, i played collective restraint that got disenchanted, i played exalted angel and he PtE it. and it was over

Game 3: he played a 1/1 followed by tangle wire. =/ i did nothing for a couple of turns, eventually i played intuiton but was so mana screw that i couldn't get 3 relevant answers. played FTK but he played parallax wave, and that was it. Lost this one due to color problems, since i had demonic in hand but no B and no double GG for witness (with wog in grave).

ggs

-jFk-

-jFk- (WW)  vs    MrGreen (4-color survival)    2:1

First game I have Silver Knight, Pegasus and Soltari Champion.. he has Trygon Predator and plays Wall of Reverence. Lucky enough I can Unmake it in my next turn. He has to block the flying horse (which is 3/2 thx to Champion). He is at 8 life at this point (i.e. after this attack). Next turn he plays kitchen finks, which give him 4 life and two blocks of Silver Knight but I finally find my fourth mana for armageddon (even with flagstones in play). He has a land in his turn but i even draw bonesplitter from the top which is enough for him.

Game two I'm stupid enough to hold a 1-land hand (AND spoil away chrome mox in the hope to find a 2nd land) so fair enough I don't get two mana until he has survival and can untap with several lands, birds, wall of roots, wall of reverence...

In game three he again has a quick start with T1 bird, T2 noble hierarch. I have T2 Leonin Skyhunter and T3 in Response two his fetching Aven Mindcensor (which got to be the by far Most Valuable Player in this match), which basicly destroys his land. Nevertheless he plays Loxodon Hierarch, that normally kills each aggro deck with its lifegain and strong blocking skills. But not this time it didn't. In my turn i attack unblockable for the 4 life he just gained and additionally unload Suntail Hawk and Soltari Priest to the battlefield.
He plays THE ANGâ,¬L in his turn maybe thinking the game is his already but I have Path to Exile sitting in my hand, waiting to get rid of it. (Don't have to tell you, he doesn't find a basic land in his top 4 cards). I attack him down to 9 and pass my turn (I got some options to play on my hand but didn't see a reason to play anything with this strong board position). He does nothing but putting an Island into play and waiting for his defeat. I rush him again for 7 damage so he is down to 2 life. Obviously he draws Intuition and plays it desperately looking for a solution (in the top 4 cards ;D). ... that's it.

Thx for the games! It was fun to play.

Payron

Marchhare (Reanimator) - Payron (4c Survival - aggro control :))

1:2

Helle

Helle (Fish) 2 - 1 MrGreen (4c Survival)

Game one starts really destructive: Mind Twist makes him discard two lands and my Wasteland takes another. He's got Birds in play, so he is able to cast Trygon Predator, while I only got Sygg, Riverguide. We're both low on handcards, so we just beat each other down to 6 life. He then gets the edge with Wall of Reverence, but I got Elspeth witch seems to turn the game in my favor. Unluckily for me, he got Parallax Wave removing my creatures and dealing the last 2 damage. Really strange game!

Game two I got Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax giving me lots of lands and Looter il-Kor and Mask of Memories are converting them to spells. Vendilion Clique, Aven Mimeomancer and his 3/1 flying friends finish the game. He doesn't find the right spells to the birds.

I start with Land Tax and Looter il-Kor again, but he accelerates into Angâ,¬l with Mana Drain. He didn't know that Aven Mimeomancer can also target his guys, so I can handle the angel with Sword of Fire and Ice. He then clears the table via Pernicious Deed and starts beating me with Shriekmaw. I manage to turn the tables with Stillmoon Cavalier and Sword of Light and Shadow. In the end the Cavalier and Aven Mimeomancer (I love this guy!) finish him.

Thanks for playing.

The_Ocean

The_Ocean(4CC) vs. Sturmgott(5CC)
I win 2:1

Game 1: I get a 2nd turn goyf he droped a 2nd turn lotus cobra that gave him a 3rd turn goyf and trygon predetor, I droped a Qasali Pridemage to attck his Jace with my Goyf, he blocked with his goyf and cobra, bouth goyfs died, on his trun he played ftk targeting my pridemage, that was gg.

Game 2: On the play I cast a 3rd turn intuition for: Loam, Waste land, and Lonely Sandbar, he happend to be stuck on 1 fetch for a wile, but beating me down with a Pridemage until i finally drew a Shriekmaw and some other stuff that gave me the conccesion.

Game 3: I have to mull to 6 on the draw, I play 1st turn Noble Hierarch fallowed by Fyndhorn Elves, I beated him with the elve for a while but he was getting mana floded, he sacked a fetch and i played a Aven Mindcensor that gets countered, on my turn I have the witnes for the Aven, he then played Pernicius Deeds,
I untaped and attacked, on his eot I cycle a land and he plays Vendilion Clique but I have the Fow, he then fallows by blowing the board with his deed, I untaped and played Zur the Enchanter since his hand was empty, and that was game.

alot of fun all 3 games, wish him the best of luck.

Payron

Peeler (UG High tide combo) - Payron (Boros)

1:2

First game: I was screwed on 2 lands .. no pressure .. LoA ... yea tahts it nothing more to say

Second game: Shadow creatures and Zo-Zu made the game very fast

Third game: I had always the right removel and after like 6 extra turns and mass creatures on my side he still had no Solution

gg's