Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season VIII

Started by Vazdru, 07-11-2009, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (Elves!) vs. Peeler (URG Control) 2:1

Sry, I'm on my way to the cinema ("Law Abiding Citizen")... so no time for a report.

The_Ocean

The_Ocean($taxx) vs. MrGreen(Survival)
2:1

Game 1: I resolve a winter orb, and i had dust bowl with a couple of lands and some artifacts that where untaping under the orb. i dusted his green surces and played a top, he didnt drew lands, and seid its ok to just go to g2

Game 2: He had 1st turn bird, and i had fetch, he had 2nd turn land, on my second turn i shuld had played the fetch in my hand 1st but i desided to crak the one in pplay, and he had the aven mindsensor, that guy almost whent all the way considering the circumstances that all i had where fetches and colorles lands.

Game 3: This game was a real bumer, when the game was geting interesting he got a failure and gave me the win

gg's and the best of luck to MrGreen.

No Stress

Vazdru (UBG survival) 1:2 No Stress (Weird Fishes)

Game 1 was interesting until my tundra got wasted, just downhill from there with tarm and finks beatings.

Game 2 was more of a game, though I had library out, and Vazdru kept drawing lands. I finally played Tombstalker (and untapped it with pestermite for blocking a Werebear :D).

Game 3 went well for both of us for a long time, I started out with library again, he plays tsabos web(!), I play an elspeth which Shriekmaw owns, he gets loam but without any real targets, ending up with something like 14 lands on the table and 9 in hand. Serra Avenger flew overhead ftw.

Thx for games, was fun :)

Cadaj

peeler (4cc) 1:2 cadaj (5c Oath)

1st Game:
First Turn LoA for me generates some Card-Advantage.
When he taps all his Lands, I play Oath with Orchard.
Empyrial Archangel hits the table and attacks a few times.
The turn before I kill him he plays Bribery but I have my second creature on my hand and so I win.

2nd Game:
I get an Orchard on Board without creatures on his side off the table.
As he Krosan Grips it and hits Bribery I concede.

3rd Game:
I got an early Oath, which he can destroy.
Both of us play from the Top of the Deck a long time.
After some time i get an Tainted Pact that gives me a Demonic Tutor to search for Regrowth to get my Oath back online.
The Empyrial Archangel gets destroyed by 3 Dmg from Spirit-Token and Sulfurous Blast.
I Oath into Iona (red) and win the game with her.

gg

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS Vazdru UGB survival

I had the luck to enter all 3 games in beatdown mode, which IMO give me the upper hand.

Game 1: I play pridemage + morph exalted, he has some nice plays too, t2 lotus cobra for a 3rd turn gitfts (to try and get rid of my exalted)... folowed by a couple of turns later with intuition (LFTL + coliseum + wasteland) At this point i only had a moat in play. He started LFTLming and i jot jace online. i played glen, but got snatched by shackles, eventually he gathered a army of 1/1 wurms and went for a krosan grip on my moat. GG

Game 2: I play fast again, intuition for critters: doran, goyf, pride. Kept goyf and started attacking. he played a werebear with sword of fire ice, but i manage to get rid of the sword, he started making 1/1 wurms, but a jund charm cleaned the board for me. on my turn i played GIFTS for some "random" cards that would net me the win (necromancy, regrowth, demonfire, sudden shock).

Game 3: he played hermit druid + shadowmage, i played trygon predator, after hermit being dead (and not adding much to the grave/game) i used mana drain o his LFTL but he had misdirection, so i got 5 mana, in my next draw i got glen, played glen + FTK on his shadowmage. he tried sower on my glen but i had a evasive action. After that he played SOTF which got "glened". he played a blocker i drew shriekmaw, and that was it, too much damage on the table for him. He didn't drew anything but lands in this game and i was very lucky with my draws

Thks for playing. Very good 1st game

Vazdru

Quote from: Mythrandir on 21-11-2009, 04:24:27 PM

Game 3: he played hermit druid + shadowmage, i played trygon predator, after hermit being dead (and not adding much to the grave/game) i used mana drain o his LFTL but he had misdirection, so i got 5 mana, in my next draw i got glen, played glen + FTK on his shadowmage. he tried sower on my glen but i had a evasive action.

Misdirection to counter Mana Drain has been some kind of crazy ... or stupid ::)... call it what you like.

thx for the games
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Sensenmann

But the Mana Drain will fizzle after Misdirection resolves, will it not?

Mana Drain-> LftL
Misdirection->Mana Drain (on Misdirestion)
Misdirection resolves -> Mana Drain fizzles because it doesn't have a valid target (Misdirecition isn't on the stack) anymore. So there won't be 5 Mana in the next Main phase.

Please correct m if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand Misdirection.

Everyone, have a nice weekend.

Sturmgott

Mana Drain doesn't deliver any mana though when misdirected to Misdirection by the very same Misdirection. Why? By the time Mana Drain wants to counter Misdirection it's obv long resolved, so Mana Drain is "countered on resolution" for not having any legal target.

Mythrandir

Quote from: Sturmgott on 22-11-2009, 03:39:22 AM
Mana Drain doesn't deliver any mana though when misdirected to Misdirection by the very same Misdirection. Why? By the time Mana Drain wants to counter Misdirection it's obv long resolved, so Mana Drain is "countered on resolution" for not having any legal target.

yeap, i just confirmed this. =/ no mana from that situation!
If Vazdru likes we can repeat the 3rd game.

MrGreen

MrGreenn (UBWG Survival) vs Utopiaman (UGW Rebelchain Aggro) 2:0
Game 1
I started with Aether Vial. He played Watchwolf. I put Wall of Blossoms into play which was removed by his Oblivion Ring. He played some more creatures and attacked. I played Boneshredder with the Vial, destroyed his Jhessian Infiltrator and blocked a 1/1. Some turns later I got Surival on the tabel and he had Gofy and some other creatures. I found Sower, took his Gofy and killes him.
Game 2
He run the Rebelchain. I played Hierarch and Emeria Angel which Gave me some tokens. Then I put Spike Weaver on the table and it made the game.

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (UGB-Landfall-Controll)    vs  Sensenmann (5C-heavy Landfall)

Game 1: Sensenmann is beginning
T1:Krosan Verge  --  Noble Hierarch
T2: Library of Alexandria  --  Thirst for Knowledge(discard Lightning Greaves)
T3: Brainstorm                -- Jace Beleren + Sensei's Divining Top
T4: Knight of the Reliquary  --  Treachery(Knight)
T5: Grazing Gladeheart(get Mana Leak) + Maze of Ith  --  Mind Twist((X=6)Intuition,Swamp,Forest,U.Sea, Rampaging Baloths. Muddle t.M.(2cards remaining)))
T6: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale + Collective Restraint  --  Library of Alexandria + Wickerbough Elder(C.Restraint) + activate Kinight o.t.R. for Wasteland(Maze)
T7:                                 -- 
T8: Worm Harvest(get Counterspell)  ...

I draw Cards and steal Knight of the Reliquary which creates exra Mana for Mind Twist, and destroys Sensenmann Maze of Ith. So I won. 

Game2: Sensenmann is beginning
T1:
T2:                           --  Lightning Greaves
T3: Azusa, Lost but Seeking + Nantuko Monastery + Life from the Loam  -- Vedalken Shackles
T4: Trinket Mage(Top) + Sensei's Divining Top +Life from the Loam(3 Lands) --  Garruk Wildspeaker
T5: Rampaging Baloths        --  Wall of Roots + Maelstrom Pulse(Baloths)
T6: transmute Muddle the Mixture to Nostalgic Dreams + Nostalgic Dreams(X=2)(Rampaging Baloths + Demonic Tutor) -- Mind Twist(X=3)
T7: Grazing Gladeheart  -- Birds of Paradise
T8: Life from the Loam(Dustbowl + 2 Lands)  --  Tarmogoyf
T9:Life from the Loam(Treetop Village, 2 Lands)  -- Sakura-Tribe Elder
T10:  Life from the Loam(3 Lands) +  Eternal Witness(Knight o.t.R.) + Knight of the Reliquary  -- 
T11: Life from the Loam(3 Lands) + Garruk Wildspeaker + The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale  ...

Sensenmann gets his Life from the Loam Engine running. And with Rampaging Baloth he kills me. Despite the fact that I killed the Baloth directly on my turn. This was far too late.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning
T1:                           --  Personal Tutor(Life from the Loam)
T2: Hermit Druid        --  Nomad Stadium
T3:Brainstorm           --  Life from the Loam(Fetchland)
T4:Garruk Wildspeaker + Llanowar Elves  --  Garruk Wildspeake
T5:Recurring Nightmare(Llanowar Elves to Vendilion Clique(Firespout, Riftsone Portal,Terravore,Mind Twist,Life f.t.L.(i choose Mind Twist))  -- Life from the Loam(Fetchland)
T6:Tarmogoyf + Intuition(Rampaging Baloths,Glen Elendra Archmage, Wydwen. the Biting Gale(get Baloth))  --  Life from the Loam(3 Lands) +  Exploration
T7: Recurring Nightmare(Hermit Druid to Glen Elendra Archmage)  --  Grazing Gladeheart + Terravore
T8: Treachery(Terravore) + Recurring Nightmare(Terravore to Sower of Temptation(Grazing Gladehart) + Recurring Nightmare(Grazing Gladehart to Wickerbough Elder)   ...

I created Card advantge with Hermit Druid and with Intuition and Recurring Nightmare I won.

The first Game durrated 20 min, the second 30 min , and the last 24 min.
Good and hard games.
Greetings Piledriver
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Vazdru

Quote from: Sensenmann on 22-11-2009, 03:01:43 AM
But the Mana Drain will fizzle after Misdirection resolves, will it not?

Mana Drain-> LftL
Misdirection->Mana Drain (on Misdirestion)
Misdirection resolves -> Mana Drain fizzles because it doesn't have a valid target (Misdirecition isn't on the stack) anymore. So there won't be 5 Mana in the next Main phase.

Please correct m if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand Misdirection.

sounds logical thx!

Quote from: Mythrandir on 22-11-2009, 12:43:11 PM

yeap, i just confirmed this. =/ no mana from that situation!
If Vazdru likes we can repeat the 3rd game.

there won't be any replay of g3 - it was my fault/stupidness not to know the rules correctly - next time I'll be wiser
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

In sanctioned tournament Magic, game rule violations like this just let be and are not corrected unless noticed immediately and have not affected players' decisions. For example, in a GP I evoked Mulldrifter, my opponent countered, and then I realized I had no blue mana available. The judges just let both cards stay in graveyard, because I had already seen the counter. Both players will be given a warning for not keeping their eyes open.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Mythrandir

Quotenext time I'll be wiser

Next time, in case of doubt, i'll search for the correct ruling. Sorry, buddy! :(
At least this will (try) serve as a lesson for all players, whenever in doubt check it, even if you're 99% sure! It's way better, than creating these "ackward" situations.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VS utopiaman WR LD featuring swans+chains

game 1: he played a first turn land tax, i played trygon that got killed. he played cataclysm and kept 1 land + the new quest that puts angels, i kept land + coaltion relic. i got rid of his quest and after that he played swans (got shriekmaw) he play sulfuric vortex and damage race started, in the end a regrowth -> demonic tutor -> demonfire won me the game

Game 2: He plays a 1t turn red genju, and starts going aggro on me, he even a kicked orim thunder on my coalition relic which really screw my plans. i played glen he played chandra. the game crashed, we decided to play with our top 10 cards and see, since i was only at 5. And he won. too fast for me.

Game 3: i play an eladamri call -> trygon predator (got STP) he plays nothing, i play garruk, after that he tries to kill him, but it still lingers there for 3 turns, i played intuition for LFTL + cycle + nantuko and started LFTLing and the played FOF, eventually an eot gifts for some counterbackup kept my nantuko safe to the end. I had too much CA for him, intuition, LFTL, FoF and gifts is just too much.

Thks for playing.