Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Quote from: marchhare on 28-03-2010, 01:34:15 AM

phyytthu (5c-hypergenesis) - marchhare (5c-control) 0-2

can't find that pairing  ??? ...yet
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

marchhare

Tabris

Tabris 2 (UG-AggroControl) vs Marchare 1 (UBG-Reanimator)

1st Game: Didnt remember much but I know we have both realy crappy hands and got nothing in the early turns. After some beating with kitchen finks and Glen Elendra he got a maze which answered my SoFI. After some struggle he got an archangel on the board. I was screwed but draw an pestermite + B2B which allows me to attack his angel bc the maze was tapped by my pestermite and I had 9 Dmg thx to pestermite on the table. So he died one turn later.

2nd Game: I start with some graveyard removal but he got 2nd turn survival and was able to play around the card. Ive got only a silly 1/1 flyer nothing else so I did at least 10 dmg with the Sprite and got 8 Lands in play. The final showdown was my garruk which get countered and he was able to get his inkwell leviathan with mannequin (after destroying my artefact with a green disenchant) so gg bc of recurring nightmare + leviathan + archangel.

3rd Game: Well that was actually nice. I ve got Tarmogyof, Mox Diomond, Land Land, Stifle, Daze , Trygon Predator on my start hand.

I start with goyf, mox, land. He plays a top which gets counterd by my daze. Ill attack him for 3 (thx to top daze land). He plays a fetchland get stifled. Then he plays a ravens crime which makes my goyf to a 4/5 and i discarded a troll ascet which makes the goyf 5/6. I attack him hes going to 6. He tried to cast sylvan scrying but i  get mana drain which dosent allow him to get a maze. So I ll attack and play the efreet and it was gg. Quite nice match for me since my deck was running like a fish deck in legacy :D:D:D sry marchi :>

gg´s.

peeler

peeler (4c Zoo) 2 vs Pennywise (ELves!) 1

Game 1
we both playrd som guys an after a while of damage race i coudn´t handle his coat of amrs

Game 2
he got a very slow draw and i win easyly

game 3
Klassik damage race again, but o got some removal and the fetter guys;)

marchhare

seveneyes (uwg-aggro-control) marchhare (fire) 1-2

g1 i create some pressure but he plays anurid brushhopper and yavimaya hollow.
after killing his brushhopper when he had his hollow tapped with ft-kavu and playing siege gang commander the next turn
even his white ajani (who gave 8 life) couldnt rescue him.

g2 he plays t2 tarmogoyf and t3 knight of the r. (as 4/4) --->  :o .beyond that he has yavimaya hollow again, so that my
t3 countryside crusher cant do much. after some actionful turns i recognize the only chance to kill his knight 2 sec    too late and get killed by 2 attacks (knight with rafiq support --> 14 dmg and then rafiq alone).

g3 i keep magus of the moon and mishras ank and draw 5 new, 2 lands among them.
unfortunately he plays a fetchland as the first land, and fetches in resp. to the malicious ankh and spell pierces it.
then i play the drawn blood moon (he had 3/4 with vigilance elfes)and he cant play anything for the rest of the game.
i play a black vise on 6 hand cards (he received 6 damage from it during the game), then magus of the moon, then giant solifuge which he lets hurt him once (should have blocked immediately), and then finish with earth quake for 4 on an empty board (this time he blocked) and deal one dmg to him with another spell with char in hand and him falling down to 1 life (black vise killed him with 5 cards in hand).

thanks for the games

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (4c-Blood)      vs        Mythrandir (5cc)
2:0

Game1: Mythrandir is beginning
T1: Sensei's Divining Top                --  Wild Nacatl
T2: Eladamri's Call(Kitchen Finks)  --  Putrid Leech
T3:  Kitchen Finks                              --  Wasteland(Scrubland) + Sensei's Divining Top
T4:                                                       --   Oblivion Ring(Finks)
T5:   Aven Mindcensor                      --   Garruk Wildspeaker 
T6: ...

Wild Nacatal and Putrid Leech won quickly against Resistants. 

Game2: Mythrandir is beginning
T1:
T2: Talisman of Progress            --  Sterling Grove
T3:  Impulse                                   --  Knight of the Reliquary
T4: Mishra's Factory + Demonic Tutor + Lightning Helix(Knight)  --  Woolly Thoctar + Wasteland(Bayou)
T5: Talisman of Unity + Vesuva(Bayou)   --  Eternal Witness(Wasteland) + Wasteland(Bayou)
T6: Engineered Explosives(3) + Tithe(2 lands)    --  activate S.Grove to Survival of the Fittest and playing it (get Krosan Grip)
T7: Loxodon Hierarch                   --   transmuting Tolaria West to Maze of Ith
T8:                                                  --  Eladamri's Call(Ranger of Eos)
T9: Ranger of Eos(2 creatures) + Scute Mob + Dragonmaster Outcast   --
T10:                                                 --  ...

My creatures and Survival got handled, but in the en I could play Eladamri's Call to Ranger of Eos and Scute Mob + Dragonmaster Outcast won finally. Mythrandir couldn't play Damnation because I destroyed with Wasteland 2 Bayou.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

peeler

peeler (naya Zoo) 2 : nastaboi (Hypergenesis) 0

Firstgame:
he made turn 2 show and tell-> form of the dragon
I got burn for 5

Second game:
He cascaded in show and tell ins Sphix of the steel wind, i got paralax wave
Next turn he could cascade in hypergenesis ind iona and razia and lands
i waved them attacked and played Price of progress in my upkeep with no more counter on the wave for lethal

gg but i lucked a lot

Nastaboi

Quote from: peeler on 02-04-2010, 08:48:18 PM
he made turn 2 show and tell-> form of the dragon
I got burn for 5

It was T3 actually. I had Violent Outburst but just white depletion land and a fetch as my lands, and drew Show and Tell on my second turn. I had to choose between Form and Sundering Titan. Titan would have nuked his two lands but also my lone dual, so I banked on drawing another land before he could find two burn spells. It turned out that the third land would have been 8 cards down or so in my library.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Battle of Wits vs. Pyyhttu Enchantress

2 - 0

I tutored and played Battle on my fifth turn. Tuomas got Argothian Enchantress, Luminarch Ascension and some manlands as a mild pressure, but he spent most his time searching franticly for enchantment removal and found it just one turn short.

I countered Presence in the second game and locked him down with G. E. Archmage. He drew nothing in relevance, I drew Brainspoil and transmuted into something with cc 5.

marchhare

goblinpiledriver (5c-aggro) - marchhare (rea) 1-2

he won one of the first games, i forgot about them   :-\.

G3:

(i forgot and skipped one turn in g3, he played demonic tutor and attack, i played an unused survival and also attacked, the dealt damage was important)
i keep oath, reanimate and 4 lands and another card. his start is slow with breeding pool.
he plays watchwolf, i play the drawn entomb for emp. archangel and get oath in my turn into play (instead of reanimating the angel). he attacks and plays bant sureblade, he faces a 4/5 tarmogoyf from oath and i pass, to counter his hasty jund hackblade with manaleak (i had 15 life and only reanimate to get the angel into play, what would have brought me down to 7, i decided to counter his next creature/enchantment removal in order to get use of the oath one more time).
then i get too lucky and reveal body double (archangel), attack with tarmogoyf (he plays pestermite) and reanimate the original angel with the drawn animate dead  ;D. hes able to kill the enchanted angel by playing sarkhan vol and attacking with an enslaved tarmogoyf; his esper stormblade (played maybe the turn before) stays untapped in order to block the lethal angel.
next upkeep i reveal angel of despair and destroy the stormblade (he was at 6, me at 9, i attacked with 5/6 tarmo and angel). if i didnt  reveal AoD i could have reanimated his pestermite with having 3 untapped lands and an active survival. sorry for me getting lucky with oath and the angel  ;)

nice games

Vazdru

r4nd0m1z3r (Oath) - Vazdru (UGb-Survival)

G1: My Turn 1 BoP got countered by Force Spike, Kitchen Finks on Turn 3 as second attempt - this time he played Miscalculation. So his Jace II was the first permanent hit the board and stayed the only one for quite a long time. Indeed too long...  r4nd0m1z3r generated CA like hell and had a soft lock with Forbid, LftL and Jace. I've had LoA + LftL which was still a piece of crap against his engine. After about 15 min i conceded. Game took 28 min.

G2: This time i was able to get an early board-control with Simulacum, Glen Elendra, Garruk, Jace II  ;D He was able to deal with that guys an amazing long time - i do not know exactely how he managed it to stay alive but his manlands (Nantuko) did a good job like Maze of Ith did as well. When he tried Oath i've had Mana Leak for gg. Game took 20 min.

G3: He was a bit screwed at the beginning - I was flooded. Trygon Predator took Plowshares, Glen Elendra got countered by Evasive Action. My last non-land cards were intuition + counterbackup (Miscalculation). He was able to hard-cast Force of Will for Intuition + Daze my Miscalculation. He tried a mid-game Mindtwist but all i've had in hand was a crop rotation for Bojaku Bog :) which kept Nantuko Away from attacking. He played Scroll Rack, The Abyss, Crucible (+ wasteland) and finally Oath - I've had just Solemn Simulacrum on the table. A short after I light one of the best Pernicous Deed for quite a while  ::) leaving him with nothing  ;) I've had Glen Elendra, Venser + Ravenour Baloth facing a Nantuko Monestary + Stirring Wildwood. My buddies achieved the aim faster. 27 Min.

Thx for the GGs

1:2
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

The_Ocean

The_Ocean (5cc) vs. coldcrow )bant?(
I win 2:0

1st game: I attacked with an Exalted Angel 3rd turn, Fallowed by Wakethrasher, I had teh counter for his path to exile, and a Fow for some other thing.

2nd game: 1st turn vial, play demonic for aven mindcensor with vial at 3, also had gifts, play the gifts for witnes, stoneckloker, Vendilion, and Rafiq (in retrospect that was pointles), i gat stonecloker and vendilion, playde clique on draw, and sent baneslayer to bottom, on fallowing turns he delt me some damege with a rafiq of his own (lol I didn't know he was holding one when i played my gifts), I was able to playe the aven mindcensor that i was holding and do some stonecloker + clique + vial interactions, It was game after a bad attack face leading to some good trades on my favor.

GGs

marchhare

vazdru (3cc-UGB) - marchhare (5cc) 0-2

G1 he starts with library on the draw and mox diamond, but unfortunately doesnt get much more lands ( maybe 5 in 10 turns) and i kill him with vendi-clique plus G.E archmage.

G2 i keep wasteland, finkel, manaleak and some lands to be prepared for his shenanigans, then draw and play anc. visions after i wasted his first land (which is MUCH better against aggro than library, and not far away from its power level against control - but visions doesnt get much worse when played later in opposite to library and costs less ressources, thatswhy i dont think its reasonable to ban library again  :P )
he has bojuga bog and chrome mox with maelstrom pulse.

The next turns he plays trinket mage for divi top and tries to counter my stuff, i resolve finkel t3 and mana leak his charming sower for the poor mage. after this he destroys my jotun grunt and survival with eng. explosives (i fetch GE archmage obv, which warps the game ). he loses sword of fire/ive and fact or fiction in order to get rid of the archmage, meanwhile the two wizards kill him slowly and produce cardadvantage each turn. he manages to misdirect my visions, but dies under the pressure of my creatures ( i had daze, force plus vendi-clique for over 5 turns in hands without use, so there wasnt a real chance for him to compensate for finkels work).

vazdru found his third (second after wasteland) mana source only in turn 4, bad luck for him in both games  :-[

thank you for the games  ;)

Tabris

Tabris 2 (UG-AggroControl) vs Peeler (3c Zoo) 0

1st Game: He was able to put me under pressure with Elite Vanguard and the 2/2 Haste R/G Goblin. But I was able to counter his Geopede to minimze the damage. Some turns later I can cast a Fact which shows Mind Harness , Witness, Garruk and some other buisness. I choose to play sakura, garruk, harnes and can stabilize my board. He isnt able to find more creatures except a Thoctar which get eaten later by my tokens. I ve got Threads of disloyality, noble hierarch, jace 2.0 etc. So he concedes.

2nd Game: He starts with Savanah Lions. I cast a wall of roots following by a wake thrasher which gets bolted. He get a River Boa on the table but i ve got a maze + a Coatl which gets also a rancor. I Attack with the 6/4 coatl he decide to block with his savanah lions and the boa but I ve got Gush which makes the coatl even bigger. One turn b4 i was able to cast a vendilion clique which shows me a rly strong hand with SoFI, Paralactic Wave, and some 3 drops but he was stucked on 2 lands. So early gg for me since he was screwed.

gg´s.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. Mr. Green 5c Aggro

2 - 0

I won the roll and started with Violent Outburst in hand, which I play in his combat step. He put some 2/1's in play against my Colossus. The last card I reveal is Bogardan Hellkite.

I draw Violent Outburst again. This time he has Force Spike but is too keen to play it on Outburst before realizing that cascade is a triggered ability. I reveal him a hand full of goodness.

BTW cascade is a really retarded mechanic, like storm or anything that gives you free spells even if the first one is countered.